Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2017, 07:08   #3046
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Saw this overloaded Ertiga 2 days back. 7 Adults and few kids !!

No more suspension movement left !!
Look closely. VDi variant with rear wiper
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 10:15   #3047
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Saw this overloaded Ertiga 2 days back. 7 Adults and few kids !!

No more suspension movement left !!
There is no surprise in this. Every car has a capacity, and if overloaded, it will behave like this. This is particularly true about coil-spring suspensions, while those vehicles with leaf suspension will take the beating much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Look closely. VDi variant with rear wiper
Seems like the badges are changed. Should be a "ZDi", IMO.
Old 17th May 2017, 09:39   #3048
BHPian

Hi can anyone who owns a ertiga with pearl blue blaze color post some pictures? Not able to get the actual color anywhere.. The one in website and brocher looks very light...

Last edited by Akhil@Bengaluru : 17th May 2017 at 10:03.
Old 17th May 2017, 14:57   #3049
BANNED

Now the new DZire is moved to the lightweight platform of Baleno and Swift will follow the same.

1. What will happen to Ertiga? As it uses an extended Swift platform, Ertiga also will be following the same? Will Ertiga be capable of handling the 7-seater weight?

2. My understanding is that even Ciaz is built on an extended Swift platform, and not on the Suzuki C-platform. Will it follow moving to use the Baleno platform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Both will move to the newer platform sooner or later. But, Maruti will take time to do so. The Ertiga and Ciaz both are doing well so why fix something that isn't broken?

My guess is the Ciaz will be launched on the newer platform shortly after the new city arrives in early 2019. The Ertiga could also follow suite as it has no direct rivals as a 7 seater except for the lodgy.
Maruti "fixes" the unbroken DZire and Swift. Then why not Ertiga ad Ciaz?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th May 2017 at 15:07.
Old 17th May 2017, 15:02   #3050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Now the new DZire is moved to the lightweight platform of Baleno and Swift will follow the same.

1. What will happen to Ertiga? As it uses an extended Swift platform, Ertiga also will be following the same?

2. My understanding is that even Ciaz is built on an extended Swift platform, and not on the Suzuki C-platform. Will it follow moving to use the Baleno platform?
Both will move to the newer platform sooner or later. But, Maruti will take time to do so. The Ertiga and Ciaz both are doing well so why fix something that isn't broken?

My guess is the Ciaz will be launched on the newer platform shortly after the new city arrives in early 2019. The Ertiga could also follow suite as it has no direct rivals as a 7 seater except for the lodgy.

Last edited by vishy76 : 17th May 2017 at 15:03.
Old 17th May 2017, 16:32   #3051
BHPian

Not necessarily, anyways if they do decide to reduce the weight of Ertiga, it would be silly in my opinion. No matter what Maruti says "There is high tensile steel and strategic strengthening at crucial places".

One needs to take all these statements with a pinch of salt, Maruti was never known to make sturdy cars, however of late one could say that with the Ertiga and later S-Cross they had come up with products which were decently built.

Part of my reason to go for an Ertiga was the fact that i felt it to be better built than some sedans along with the added advantage of Good Ground clearance , better seating position and terrific pricing. ( I own a Dec 2014 ZXI)

If Maruti decides to reduce the weight of the car based on some platform modification etc. then they might lose out on customers who want a decent product at a decent price. Also by the way the weight of the ZXI is 1160 kgs in India whereas the same model's kerb weight is between 1170-80 kgs in Indonesia.
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 09:10   #3052
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me the significant differences between vxi and zxi variants especially if there are any safety features missing in vxi that I can get in zxi.
From what I see
1. Rear defogger and wiper
2. Alloys
Some other doubtful differences
6 vs 4 speakers
Brake assist in zxi
(As per carwale)
Wondering if the price difference is justifiable.
Old 18th May 2017, 12:30   #3053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Can someone tell me the significant differences between vxi and zxi variants especially if there are any safety features missing in vxi that I can get in zxi.
From what I see
1. Rear defogger and wiper
2. Alloys
Some other doubtful differences
6 vs 4 speakers
Brake assist in zxi
(As per carwale)
Wondering if the price difference is justifiable.
1. Seat height adjust
2. Stereo head unit is different (or was that for the pre facelift version?)
3. Chrome above the fog lamps
4. Pockets on rear of front seats
5. Outside Temperature display
6. Two tweeters found in Zxi not available in Vxi. Rest 4 speakers are there.
7. I don't think there is any difference in braking system as all versions have ABS (unlike the Swift Vxi /Zxi)

Last edited by Ramon : 18th May 2017 at 12:54.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 17:59   #3054
BHPian

Dear Members, I would like some assistance on tyre upgrade. My Ertiga has clocked close to 37000 kms and i am planning to change the stock MRF ZVTV tyres.

The option i am considering regarding size is 195/65 R15 . I have heard that this is an optimum upgrade and falls well within the 2% error range.

Also i have had conflicting opinions that it is better to stick with stock size. I am getting trifle confused on this. Aesthetically i really like the 195/65 R15 tyres though some of my friends have advised me to not change the stock size.

I think the upgrade will go well with the stock Ertiga Alloys (ZXI). The brands i have shortlisted are Yokohama, Bridgestone and Goodyear .

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.
Old 19th May 2017, 08:39   #3055
Senior - BHPian

I have another query on the ertiga. Is the only interior option available beige? I saw everything from the seats to the door trims to the steering to the gear knob was light beige. Is there any option available for a black trim. I know the limited edition is no longer available.
Old 19th May 2017, 08:45   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I have another query on the ertiga. Is the only interior option available beige? I saw everything from the seats to the door trims to the steering to the gear knob was light beige. Is there any option available for a black trim. I know the limited edition is no longer available.
The darker shade on the top half of the dash can be swapped for the black ones from the Swift. Each panel costs around 1000 and its appproximately a 30 minute job.

End result would be similar to the anniversary edition of the pre facelift version.

But the panel on the dashboard top near the windshield would be hard to get in black as it's a size different from the Swift.
Old 19th May 2017, 11:14   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
Dear Members, I would like some assistance on tyre upgrade. My Ertiga has clocked close to 37000 kms and i am planning to change the stock MRF ZVTV tyres......
Hi, I have recently changed my ertiga's tyres to michellin 195/65/R15 tyres from the earlier tyres of the same size. These were upgraded immediately after the vehicle delivery 4 years back.
This particular size is very well suited to ertiga , as it adds a bit more sidewall and is hence a bit more comfy than the more popular 195/60/R15 tyres. My 2 cents.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th May 2017 at 11:39. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 19th May 2017, 11:34   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Hi, I have recently changed my ertiga's tyres to michellin 195/65/R15 tyres from the earlier tyres of the same size. These were upgraded immediately after the vehicle delivery 4 years back.
This particular size is very well suited to ertiga , as it adds a bit more sidewall and is hence a bit more comfy than the more popular 195/60/R15 tyres. My 2 cents.
Thanks Piyush, have you ever faced any issues like body scrapping on full load due to the fatter tyres? If not, i think this then becomes a no brainer . As i have always felt these to be optimum for ertiga as far as looks are concerned.

Just wanted to sure regarding performance and fuel efficiency.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th May 2017 at 11:38. Reason: fixed quote
Old 19th May 2017, 11:41   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
Dear Members, I would like some assistance on tyre upgrade. My Ertiga has clocked close to 37000 kms and i am planning to change the stock MRF ZVTV tyres.

The option i am considering regarding size is 195/65 R15 . I have heard that this is an optimum upgrade and falls well within the 2% error range.

Also i have had conflicting opinions that it is better to stick with stock size. I am getting trifle confused on this. Aesthetically i really like the 195/65 R15 tyres though some of my friends have advised me to not change the stock size.

I think the upgrade will go well with the stock Ertiga Alloys (ZXI). The brands i have shortlisted are Yokohama, Bridgestone and Goodyear .

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.
I have recently replaced with stock size Bridgestone from earlier Goodyear. Bridgestone feels better.
I don't believe in changing size.
195/60 seems to be more popular but the road clearance comes down and is certainly a NO NO for me.
Increase in tyre width may give better grip but surely bring down mileage. I never had much problem with road grip even at max speeds.
So I decided to stick to the stock size.
lark63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 12:26   #3060
BHPian

I will be dongrading from 205/65 R15 , MRF ZLO to MRF ZLO 195 / 60 R 15 . Enjoyed 4 years on those super wide tyres , but I dont think its really required . I think 195 60 15 is good enough And ZLO is the best bang for money IMHO.

Will be installing the same tyres on my Grande Punto 90 HP . MIght even consider MRF Z sport for the punto , in 195 60 15 ,

Most Viewed