Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 14:03   #3121
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Increased height will not improve handling!

Having said that, please refrain from using this product, especially on the Ertiga. I have hardly come across cases where anyone complained about lower ground clearance in the Ertiga with full load as well.

The product I believe is only going to restrict the movement of the coil spring and thus reducing the bounce and scrapping of the underbody.

Do this if and only if you are facing GC issues with your Ertiga.
Thanks a lot for this input Parag Bhai, I just wanted to clear my doubts. I guess somebody like you who has driven the Ertiga so extensively can certainly enlighten me on this. I have never had any underbody scrapping even with eight people on board , although admittedly i was very careful at the time, still considering the uneven terrain at Manesar that i had to negotiate , i came back impressed with the car's capabilities.

The reason why i got enamoured by the product (Rogerab) was that sometimes undulations on some patches are felt in the cabin, whereas the car glides smoothly over breakers, you can feel the thud and jarring in some small potholes. That's my only grouse with an otherwise superb vehicle.
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 18:04   #3122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
Thanks a lot for this input Parag Bhai, I just wanted to clear my doubts. I guess somebody like you who has driven the Ertiga so extensively can certainly enlighten me on this. I have never had any underbody scrapping even with eight people on board , although admittedly i was very careful at the time, still considering the uneven terrain at Manesar that i had to negotiate , i came back impressed with the car's capabilities.

The reason why i got enamoured by the product (Rogerab) was that sometimes undulations on some patches are felt in the cabin, whereas the car glides smoothly over breakers, you can feel the thud and jarring in some small potholes. That's my only grouse with an otherwise superb vehicle.
Is there any other way to arrest these road undulations getting into the cabin? Sometimes, this becomes unbearable, especially, in the pot hole ridden bangalore roads. Anything that can be done with the suspension ?
Old 27th July 2017, 18:01   #3123
BHPian

I remember a member Probably Parag had mentioned about getting a metal engine guard fitted on the ertiga. I think it's a great initiative and one must get it. The Ertiga needs an engine guard as even stray stones can sometimes hit some uncovered parts of the engine.

If I remember correctly that sump guard was fitted in Bangalore, I am yet to come across any such job being done in Gurgaon or Delhi NCR, if it is available , I would definitely get it done.
Old 27th July 2017, 18:05   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Is there any other way to arrest these road undulations getting into the cabin? Sometimes, this becomes unbearable, especially, in the pot hole ridden bangalore roads. Anything that can be done with the suspension ?
Probably you can look at checking the Air Pressure in the tyres. Otherwise this is a problem specific to Maruti's. Although the suspension of Ertiga is quite Pliant, it is not in the league of a Duster (Although none is)

Still I think you can't do much about it i guess.
Old 27th July 2017, 19:21   #3125
Senior - BHPian

I am driving Ertiga since November'16 in Bangalore. I am not having such a bad experience with bad roads. One is air pressure, I keep it 34 psi in all tyres irrespective of people, of course there are only three of us all the times. Secondly you need to move very slowly on uneven road patches. Ertiga being a big car with huge wheelbase you may sometimes feel a jerk if you go over a bad pothole or even a steep speed breaker. I work in eco space and if you see inside there is a big series of steep speed breakers all the way. Simple solution is to go very slowly over such spots.
Otherwise I have no complaints, the 185mm GC is good enough to simply go in a pothole with confidence of not brushing the car's underneath. Not good to say but the service road of ORR is nightmare for many small cars with around 170mm GC.
rajivtelang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 21:13   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
I remember a member Probably Parag had mentioned about getting a metal engine guard fitted on the ertiga. I think it's a great initiative and one must get it. The Ertiga needs an engine guard as even stray stones can sometimes hit some uncovered parts of the engine.

If I remember correctly that sump guard was fitted in Bangalore, I am yet to come across any such job being done in Gurgaon or Delhi NCR, if it is available , I would definitely get it done.
refer rajains ownership review
arjithin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2017, 21:07   #3127
Senior - BHPian

One good observation with my 2016 Vxi ertiga. I got 18.8KMPL average during my drive to Goa from Bangalore and back. I reconfirmed by tankful method and the numbers do match (18.7KMPL). This is with 100% AC on highway and speed averaging 90KMPL, exceeding 100KMPL on many occasions. So I assume the car is doing better than ARAI mileage (17.5KMPL??)
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:57   #3128
Senior - BHPian

Me and my family love ertiga and soon it would be in my parking.I dont understand why maruti can not launch its auto variant in zxi when they can the same auto box and engine in ciaz?
It would be either zxi manual or auto vxi that i might be looking to book one.
Old 5th August 2017, 19:11   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my cars rear, brake and reverse lights to LEDs. I recently upgraded the headlight to 100/90W and this was done to reduce the overall battery drain during night drives.

Very simple procedure and took less than 20 minutes to swap the bulbs

1. Bought the bulbs from Aliexpress via china registered post, got the bulbs in 18 days delivered.

Store:S&D Official Store

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-1.png
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-21.jpg

2. Removed the rear back-light cluster by removing two screws and twisting/pushing gently the assembly with a screwdriver covered with cloth

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-31.jpg

3. Swap the bulbs and check the working of bulbs. If not working swap the polarity

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-41.jpg

In the below pics, left side bulbs are changed. Park light and brake light are slightly higher intensity, but reverse light is way brighter. You can see that from the below pics

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-51.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-71.jpg

from the rerversing camera, see the difference in intensity.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-61.jpg

4. Do the same to other brake light assembly

Final Result:

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-81.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-91.jpg

Overall very happy with the money & time spent. I didnt want a park/brake which was very high in light intensity and the one I purchased almost matched with OEM bulb. (I was planning to cover few LEDs if the brightness was very high)
arjithin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 14:07   #3130
BHPian

Hello All

My 2014 Ertiga Zxi goes for 40k service soon. How much would it cost me for this ? Also my gear knob is scratched and overall looks shabby. I would like to change that along with the service. Any thoughts on price and availability .Also please recommend a good service center in Medavakkam area ( Chennai). I have used Vishnu cars for the 30k service and they are so-so . A little lazy and ignorant.
Old 6th August 2017, 14:18   #3131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Hello All

My 2014 Ertiga Zxi goes for 40k service soon. How much would it cost me for this ? Also my gear knob is scratched and overall looks shabby. I would like to change that along with the service. Any thoughts on price and availability .Also please recommend a good service center in Medavakkam area ( Chennai). I have used Vishnu cars for the 30k service and they are so-so . A little lazy and ignorant.
Check my post from the Maruti Service Myth Thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4206538

Price for the gear knob is around 300.
Ramon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 17:59   #3132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
Hi guys, I am looking to update headlights and fog lights on my Ertiga ZDI+ SHVS. I have been looking through the internet to find answer but not able to. Can anyone tell me what is the connector type for both headlights and fog lights? Is it H4? My two options are these:

Please Suggest. Thank You!
Best source for this is your car manual which should list the bulb types used in the headlights and the fogs. As already pointed out the headlights will most likely be H4. Fogs could be different.

For H4, you can first try Osram Nightbreakers or Philips Extremepower which have the same wattage (55-60) for the consumption but supposedly produce a lot more light.

This is also the safest and perfectly legal way to get more light.

If that fails, you may try Xenon bulbs with ballast which will consume even lesser power but have a much better light output. This is also a safe way, but no idea if legally compliant.

Most people install a relay and upgrade the bulbs to 90-100 wattage. This does result in more light, but also generates more heat that may sometimes damage the headlight reflector/housing. These bulbs are NOT street legal.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 18:31   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

For H4, you can first try Osram Nightbreakers or Philips Extremepower which have the same wattage (55-60) for the consumption but supposedly produce a lot more light.
Thanks. I installed Osram Night Breaker Laser H4. It gives slightly more light out from the factory installed one. But it's not a game changer by any means. I have left the fog lamps alone.
Old 7th August 2017, 19:01   #3134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I installed Osram Night Breaker Laser H4. It gives slightly more light out from the factory installed one. But it's not a game changer by any means. I have left the fog lamps alone.
I have seen a lot of members who are very satisfied with the NB/NB+/NB Laser or the Philips counterparts in XV series.
I myself have used both. However - they fail to provide any useful illumination / improvement on stock setup when its needed the most - the rainy season. Infact I now a days feel the stock bulbs were better in comparison to Philips XV on rainy nights. Mind-games perhaps!

Certainly not worth spending money while the stock bulbs are still working IMO considering that the bulbs aren't cheap per say!
Old 7th August 2017, 19:36   #3135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I myself have used both. However - they fail to provide any useful illumination / improvement on stock setup when its needed the most - the rainy season.
Quote:
I personally tried the Philips Extremepower on my Nano, and while the light output was noticeably better than stock, I am more than happy with the xenons in my Accord. They provide a significantly better light output than the halogens.

They are a Chinese kit bought from my local accessories guy and barring a blown ballast last year, they have worked flawlessly throughout the last two years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks