Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2012, 21:31   #316
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Deepan please post the review asap

dealer quoted, that "my"(!?!?) serene blue vdi is in transit. and he should be able to deliver the car in 7-10 days max. I had initially booked a RB zdi. But changed the preference, as the dealer was non-committal on zdi.

here are the things planned...

full surfacing of pvc material flooring. seen only in picture, never in real. I dont really like the slippery material. but have to do this due to the beige deluge that maruti has done to this car. any better idea?

195/60/r15 upgrade. a/c drive yokohama. what is the tyre, car is coming with? MRF? Need to start pining the tyre dealer.

philips extreme. Is this required? how are the light efficiency?

interior styling kit-carbon(if it is all black and available)

that about it is planned for now. let me know any more essential is required for vdi.
hi krish. will do it asap

congrats for your vdi. the car comes with goodyear tyres..i gave it of at 2900 each.
philips extreme- even i planned for the same but thought of waiting few more months.
interior styling kit in carbon- will black merge well as the whole interior is beige
try for centre arm rest which seems to be perfectly fitting. reverse camera might help as the rear glass is too long and you might need when there is dust or in rain(as vdi doesnt come with reverse wiper).
Old 11th June 2012, 18:19   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
reverse camera might help as the rear glass is too long and you might need when there is dust or in rain(as vdi doesnt come with reverse wiper).
thanks. will think about budgeting for the reverse camera.

btw, how is the dashboard? i see that it light coloured. does it reflect when driven around under sun?
Old 11th June 2012, 19:10   #318
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a white Ertiga-VDi at Teynampet signal today around 12 Noon with the registration number written on a sheet of paper and pasted to the front/rear. As I come side-by-side, I see that the rear-left door was dented and scratched for almost half or more of the door. The reason for which became clear immediately - even while traffic was stopped at the junction in B2B traffic, he was trying to point the nose of the car into the adjacent lane for even a small gap, like bikers would. And to top it, he had dark tints, which would reduce his visibility at the sides/rear.
Old 11th June 2012, 20:47   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
thanks. will think about budgeting for the reverse camera.

btw, how is the dashboard? i see that it light coloured. does it reflect when driven around under sun?
i dont find that reflection, may be as i have a front sun film(pro-70% sun protection clear view). but even then, i dont think a beige dash board will reflect like a black one.
Old 13th June 2012, 11:39   #320
BHPian

Hi people,

I came across an Ertiga VDI for test drive.

Just wanted to confirm a couple of things about it...

1. From my driving position, the front visibility was really bad... is it just me? Also noticed there was no driver's seat height adjustment... Kindly show some light on this.

2. Also, the behavious of the suspension was up to mark with 7 people seated in it... Is it that we are expected to lose more weight or the shock absorber behaviour is bad?

Would be really grateful to get your opinions on these..

My apologies if the questions have been repeated.
Old 13th June 2012, 12:11   #321
BHPian

Last week i was in INDIA and took a test drive of the Ertiga, i was really impressed with the vehicle.

but has seen two issues:

1. I noticed that i have to press the Break twice to make it work especially when i reverse the vehicle(just like pumping the break to work), asked the Sales Manager and he said that its working like this we need to press the break pedal twice for the breaks to Work when we reverse and they are instructed to tell the same technical issue to every one. did any one noticed it?
2. We went with 5 people who were heavy this is the reason to test drive Ertiga, the seating was comfortable but the vehicle lacked the performance pickup it was struggling to pull(might be its a test drive vehicle not mainted properly)

for the reason 1, its out of my court...
Old 13th June 2012, 12:52   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carb View Post
Hi people,

I came across an Ertiga VDI for test drive.

Just wanted to confirm a couple of things about it...

1. From my driving position, the front visibility was really bad... is it just me? Also noticed there was no driver's seat height adjustment... Kindly show some light on this.
The VDi does not have a seat height adjuster. You may want to test drive a ZDi and reconfirm. The visibility is pretty decent atleast in my experience. Have the dealers now started using Vdi for test drive? All dealers usually have ZDi for TD.

Quote:
2. Also, the behavious of the suspension was up to mark with 7 people seated in it... Is it that we are expected to lose more weight or the shock absorber behaviour is bad?

Would be really grateful to get your opinions on these..

My apologies if the questions have been repeated.
The suspension is tuned for a Softer ride and the vehicle behaves well even with full load. I have driven it with 6 well built adults and the suspension behaved fine.
On a lighter note, it always pays to shed off some extra weight.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 12:40   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post

Can anyone please confirm if there is any provision for the fitment of rear wiper in VDi? Also, please confirm if the music system in the VDi is a spec lower than ZDi.

I had booked ZDi Granite grey a couple of months back and got the booking converted into VDi yesterday. The dealer does not have any clue on the deliveries for the ZDi and instead, insisted for the VDi. Though I am a bit disappointed going in for the VDi considering the extra features being offered in ZDi but, Maruti seems to have problems with the ever-increasing demand for the ZDi.

There had been news in Autocar and Zigwheels about delays in deliveries due to shortage of Alloy Wheels. But, the dealer (Vipul Motors - Noida) has a different update from Maruti (rather, when i went in to change the booking yesterday, there was a senior official from Maruti as well who confirmed it) that the delay is due to shortage/technical fault with Airbags and not Alloy Wheels. This is why even Dzire top variants have been affected as well.

To my surprise, the booking period for ZDi (as mentioned at the showroom on their waiting chart) has come down from 36-38 week to 26-28 weeks
Old 15th June 2012, 14:04   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_leo View Post
Can anyone please confirm if there is any provision for the fitment of rear wiper in VDi? Also, please confirm if the music system in the VDi is a spec lower than ZDi..........

.............To my surprise, the booking period for ZDi (as mentioned at the showroom on their waiting chart) has come down from 36-38 week to 26-28 weeks
Rear wiper fitment in VDi should be possible, but not sure if its worth the hassle. I remember reading on another forum someone asking a local workshop about this, who said yes initially but then backed away.

Not sure what is the exact reason for ZDI delay. Looks like our ZDI is being sent to RTO for registration today, with delivery either today or day after.
Old 17th June 2012, 16:22   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Rear wiper fitment in VDi should be possible, but not sure if its worth the hassle. I remember reading on another forum someone asking a local workshop about this, who said yes initially but then backed away.

Not sure what is the exact reason for ZDI delay. Looks like our ZDI is being sent to RTO for registration today, with delivery either today or day after.
Accessories guy at Kalyani Motors said its not possible to fit rear wiper on VDi.

Also he quoted Rs.31000 for 5 alloy wheels. I felt this is on higher side. He said the original steel wheels have to be disposed off and fetch no value in exchange.
Old 17th June 2012, 18:05   #326
BHPian

I took a test drive of Ertiga ZDI, and I must say that Ertiga didn't feel too big to be driven around in Bangalore peak traffic. I am 6', and I found that the gear lever a little too far for comfort. I did not like the beige interiors at all, and the I had to stretch my thumb to honk. The Air Con was effective at the front, but I wasn't impressed with the cooling in the middle row. I was relatively happy with the music system.

Presently, I own a Ritz, and I could only sympathize with my 6 year old son complaining of no place to keep his feet in almost all our long drives. I was sitting behind for about 20 minutes, and I had pushed the seat half war, a little reclined, and trust me when I say this, I was impressed with the space. I am sure my son will like the space in the Ertiga.

The sales guy at Mandovi motors told me that the official waiting period for a Zdi is 8-9 months, but we will usually get our car in less than 6 months. I bought my Ritz from the same showroom 2 years ago, from the same salesman; and when I went to Mandovi, he still remembered me, and even referred to a couple of conversations that we had during the Ritz test drive. Now that's something.

Now, before I book the Ertiga, I want to be really sure that the rear AC is working fine, can anyone of the new Ertiga possessors please tell me if they are satisfied with the Air Con in general, and particularly rear AC.
Old 18th June 2012, 12:51   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krivbel View Post
I took a test drive of Ertiga ZDI, and I must say that Ertiga didn't feel too big to be driven around in Bangalore peak traffic. I am 6', and I found that the gear lever a little too far for comfort. I did not like the beige interiors at all, and the I had to stretch my thumb to honk. The Air Con was effective at the front, but I wasn't impressed with the cooling in the middle row. I was relatively happy with the music system....................................
....................Now, before I book the Ertiga, I want to be really sure that the rear AC is working fine, can anyone of the new Ertiga possessors please tell me if they are satisfied with the Air Con in general, and particularly rear AC.

Just back from a 1015km drive in our new Ertiga ZDi.

With outside temperature hovering between 34-35-36C, cooling seemed fine, no issues or complaints from anyone sitting in the 2nd row.

The real test would be how the AC fares at temperature above 40C+..

Last edited by xotiq : 18th June 2012 at 12:58.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 22:36   #328
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_leo View Post
I had booked ZDi Granite grey a couple of months back and got the booking converted into VDi yesterday. The dealer does not have any clue on the deliveries for the ZDi and instead, insisted for the VDi. Though I am a bit disappointed going in for the VDi considering the extra features being offered in ZDi but, Maruti seems to have problems with the ever-increasing demand for the ZDi.

This is why even Dzire top variants have been affected as well.

To my surprise, the booking period for ZDi (as mentioned at the showroom on their waiting chart) has come down from 36-38 week to 26-28 weeks
If you can would suggest you stick to the ZDi and wait a bit - should be worth it, all features / safety aspects cannot be added later and youl might regret the decision.

That is just me - congrats anyways incase you just need the vehicle sooner.
Old 18th June 2012, 22:46   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krivbel View Post
I took a test drive of Ertiga ZDI, and I must say that Ertiga didn't feel too big to be driven around in Bangalore peak traffic. I am 6', and I found that the gear lever a little too far for comfort. I did not like the beige interiors at all, and the I had to stretch my thumb to honk. The Air Con was effective at the front, but I wasn't impressed with the cooling in the middle row. I was relatively happy with the music system.

Presently, I own a Ritz, and I could only sympathize with my 6 year old son complaining of no place to keep his feet in almost all our long drives. I was sitting behind for about 20 minutes, and I had pushed the seat half war, a little reclined, and trust me when I say this, I was impressed with the space. I am sure my son will like the space in the Ertiga.

The sales guy at Mandovi motors told me that the official waiting period for a Zdi is 8-9 months, but we will usually get our car in less than 6 months. I bought my Ritz from the same showroom 2 years ago, from the same salesman; and when I went to Mandovi, he still remembered me, and even referred to a couple of conversations that we had during the Ritz test drive. Now that's something.

Now, before I book the Ertiga, I want to be really sure that the rear AC is working fine, can anyone of the new Ertiga possessors please tell me if they are satisfied with the Air Con in general, and particularly rear AC.

I'm just re-quoting my earlier statement. Vellore in Tamil Nadu is one of the hottest towns in the state. Happened to break in Vellore on my way to Ooty for lunch. Ertiga stood in 45 degree sun from 1:30 to 3:00 PM with all the windows raised. After lunch I turned on the front and rear aircon. The rear aircon the blower speed was 2 and in the front the blower speed was 3. On the highway, 45 degree heat, the cabin was comfortably cool in 10 minutes flat to the point that people in the rear turned down the blower setting to 1. Mightily impressed that Ertiga passed the test and also I would like to add that there's no power drain from the engine with both the air-cons in full blast.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 00:16   #330
BHPian

Wow looks like there are quite a few deliveries happening around. But where are the Ownership Reports guys?? What's happening? Bring them out so at least we get to drool at the pictures and the fun you had!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks