Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2018, 16:47   #3286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Parag has called out why your bill is high. Given your running us very low and you do serviceson time, do you really need fully synthetic oil??
Probably I don't need synthetic oil. But anyway, the service is done for today. Will keep in mind next time. Also, after I asked them why break cleaning charges are separate, they are discounting that amount from the final bill. So thanks to Parag for saving me Rs. 800!
ksaurabh21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 09:45   #3287
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
Probably I don't need synthetic oil. But anyway, the service is done for today. Will keep in mind next time. Also, after I asked them why break cleaning charges are separate, they are discounting that amount from the final bill. So thanks to Parag for saving me Rs. 800!
And next time you can avoid getting wheel balancing/alignment as well from M.A.S.S . Initially I took it there once and was fleeced of ~1400 bux. Later realized we can get it done outside at any good tyre shop at around 400-600 easily.
Old 23rd September 2018, 13:24   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
Yes, it's synthetic oil.
w/w is wheel weight.
Break cleaning is not included in PMS!
20K service was already done last year. As you can see I haven't driven much since then!
MASS - They are known to add extra stuff unless you are strict with them. For petrol engine. Semi synthetic is more than enough. I have run 51k kms on semi synthetic changing it once every 10k kms without any issues. Also all that coatings and polishing ,teflon all useless. Let them just stick to basic servicing. You can see the maruti app which shows what needs to be done at each service

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Hey Keshav, could I know how you went about selling it? I too am looking at seeking my less than 3 year Ertiga automatic as I am looking for a SUV. Exchange values are atrocious
Hi Niranjan

Please check you PM

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th September 2018 at 09:25. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 24th September 2018, 08:26   #3289
Senior - BHPian

I have an observation with my VXI ertiga (2 years old, 26K on ODO). Recently on highway drives there is a surge in power at ~2000 rpm if I hit that mark in 3rd/4th gear. Being a petrol engine I am alerted since with diesel this is common. Not sure if I am noticing that lately or it was always there. Any other BHPian has observed that too? Planning to get this checked at MASS but any quick update will be very helpful.
Old 28th September 2018, 14:31   #3290
BHPian

2 Weeks back a unusual thing happened with my 2014 Ertiga VDI. I was going to karjat from Mumbai. I had just a female friend of mine in the car, not much luggage in the car. I was steadily cruising around 70-80 in a relaxed manner. 10-15 kms after crossing the Pune expressway, i shifted the car to 3rd then tried slotting 2nd for a speed bump, realized the car is taking load, shifted it to 1st till then had crossed the speed bump and built up speed shifted to 2nd still the car was taking load shifted to 3rd and den 4th and then when tried to shift in 5th but car would just slot in 3rd.

I quickly checked the kms on the car, it had just crossed 26K then I remembered my cousin telling me, gearbox goes kaput around 26-27K for the diesel ertiga. Luckily 3rd and 4th gear was getting slotted properly, none of the other gears were working. Any top gear slotted was 3rd and bottom was 4th. Called up cousin as he has his own garage and was chief test drivers for Fiat and Jeep, he told me straight come to his place in sion wherever I am, but it was not possible as I almost reached karjat.

Next day during leaving karjat had to find a slop to reverse the car in neutral to get on a proper road. Got the car only on 3rd and 4th till sion.
Synchronizer rings had issue, fixed and did few touch ups and polishing to the car as I was gonna anyways do it. Total Damage was 12K.
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:45   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I have an observation with my VXI ertiga (2 years old, 26K on ODO). Recently on highway drives there is a surge in power at ~2000 rpm if I hit that mark in 3rd/4th gear. Being a petrol engine I am alerted since with diesel this is common. Not sure if I am noticing that lately or it was always there. Any other BHPian has observed that too? Planning to get this checked at MASS but any quick update will be very helpful.
Surge after 2000 rpm is common in petrol ertiga. Mine also has a surge in power after crossing 2000 RPM. However the engine does sound raspy after 3000 rpm. So the refinement is great till about 2500-3000 rpm before it starts feeling noisy.
Shwet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 10:54   #3292
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I found the front wind shield spray was functioning but no water was getting sprayed at all. I could hear the pump sound alright. Thought that the water might have got over. I tried filling in the water but found the water was getting drained out from two sides of the car. One near driver's door and other the co passenger's door. Surely the pipe from the water tank is broken somewhere. I need to take it to MASS but any ideas what could have broken the water pipe? I have not scrapped the car surely (doubt if that pipe is so close to the bottom of car) or could it be rats problem?

Last edited by rajivtelang : 15th November 2018 at 10:56.
Old 15th November 2018, 11:01   #3293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Surely the pipe from the water tank is broken somewhere.
Can you open the bonnet and follow the pipe originating from the reservoir tank to find any damage?
Quote:
I need to take it to MASS but any ideas what could have broken the water pipe? I have not scrapped the car surely (doubt if that pipe is so close to the bottom of car) or could it be rats problem?
- In some cases I have seen these pipes have joints and if they have got disjointed, the leak is possible
- If this pipe are unsecured from their clips, constant scraping of this pipe with the car's body my lead to damage and hence the leak
- Rats are also one of the reasons
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 11:16   #3294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Can you open the bonnet and follow the pipe originating from the reservoir tank to find any damage?
Tried this but the pipe vanishes after some tracing inside the machinery. Perhaps need to go underneath to check. Will take to MASS on Saturday.

Quote:
- Rats are also one of the reasons
This is a newly started menace in the apartment, multiple cases around
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 11:23   #3295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tried this but the pipe vanishes after some tracing inside the machinery. Perhaps need to go underneath to check. Will take to MASS on Saturday.
I am not sure if Petrol Ertiga came with Engine noise insulation below the bonnet but do check area behind this where this pipe terminates on the nozzles. This is a favorite material for the rodents, especially the soft material above to mess around as I have seen in other cars.

And since you say water is dripping from both the sides (Driver and co-pax sides), possible that water is naturally flowing from behind the insulation and dripping via fender lining?

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th November 2018 at 11:25.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 12:23   #3296
Distinguished - BHPian

Rats, for me have been the number 1 reason for windshield washer issues. They like the taste of water pipe for sure. I had to replace that pipe multiple times. Finally, fed up of that drama (since replacing that pipe needs the fender lining to be opened), I routed the pipe from outside and secured the position by some plastic clips. Post that, it has not been touched by rodents. Check if you are open to this solution, in case the problem comes repeatedly. At least, in that case it is easier to change the pipe at home in a matter of minutes, even if the rodents cut it.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 13:02   #3297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Rats, for me have been the number 1 reason for windshield washer issues. They like the taste of water pipe for sure. I had to replace that pipe multiple times. Finally, fed up of that drama (since replacing that pipe needs the fender lining to be opened), I routed the pipe from outside and secured the position by some plastic clips. Post that, it has not been touched by rodents. Check if you are open to this solution, in case the problem comes repeatedly. At least, in that case it is easier to change the pipe at home in a matter of minutes, even if the rodents cut it.

Regards,
Saket
Could you please share a pic with your changes here? Perhaps the MASS guys could implement that solution themselves?
Old 2nd December 2018, 02:32   #3298
BHPian

I booked for the All new Ertiga 2018 today.
Has the official review of New Ertiga been posted yet?

The test drive vehicle was not yet registered, as per the staff and hence I couldn't get to actually drive one. Right now I have booked for the ZXI AT Red variant. The sales team themselves were referring to it's features which were handwritten, indicating that they have got hands on it recently.

Please share any suggestions and points of caution to be considered.

Last edited by rich_heart : 2nd December 2018 at 02:35.
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:13   #3299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if Petrol Ertiga came with Engine noise insulation below the bonnet but do check area behind this where this pipe terminates on the nozzles. This is a favorite material for the rodents, especially the soft material above to mess around as I have seen in other cars.
They were rats indeed (no need for me to get happy since the problem does not end here). I visited the service center and they removed the wipers, the plastic cladding behind wipers and showed me the destruction caused by rats. Almost 4" piece of the pipe connected to both the sprinklers was missing and I could see only small bitten pieces inside there. The service person simply smiled at me and replaced the pipe with a new one. It was a bill of Rs. 94/- under category of running repairs.

Precautionary suggestions from service person:
1. Put long tobacco leaves under bonnet in corners, secured properly to avoid them from falling down. (I wonder where I will get those, tried in a few paan shops, but they have no clue on my query). But this seems to work most effectively (need to verify that claim from service person).
2. Some anti rat sprays (reviews say they are useless)
3. Change the car parking position daily (that is park with face in and next day with rear in the parking lot). Trying that as of now since this seems to be an easily doable thing.

Any other options are welcome. Thanks to god since the wires are not yet tasted by the rats.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 14:05   #3300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
I booked for the All new Ertiga 2018 today
Congratulations rich_heart! IMHO, Ertiga is the most VFM in the segment it prevails.

I had looked at majorly commercial aspects to bring down landed cost. Few points for your reference -

1. Being December booking, major cash discounts and exchange discounts if any
2. Freebies
3. Major discount on accessories
4. Corporate discounts
5. Extended warranty
6. Self Insurance but has tie-up with Maruti Suzuki

Cheers,
Amey
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks