Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2012, 16:20   #406

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Reading on other forums that Ertiga prices are being hiked. Can someone confirm this news?
The hike seems to be true. The Ertiga web site is showing revised prices. Now both ZXI & ZDI had 2 options, with and without alloys. ZDI with alloys is now costs ~20K more.

Following is the latest price list for Hyderabad.
MARUTI ERTIGA ZDI BS IV(WITH ALLOY) 8,95,906.58
MARUTI ERTIGA ZDI BS IV(WITHOUT ALLOY) 8,70,462.14
MARUTI ERTIGA ZXI BS IV(WITH ALLOY) 7,70,130.15
MARUTI ERTIGA ZXI BS IV(WITHOUT ALLOY) 7,49,774.59
Old 5th July 2012, 16:52   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reading on other forums that Ertiga prices are being hiked. Can someone confirm this news?
I heard the same news from a local dealer. Not just Ertiga, prices of other Maruti cars are also being hiked.

Another news I heard about Ertiga is that dealers have stopped taking booking for top-end models. Ertiga ZDi waiting period quoted by the dealer is 11 months. Maruti is facing shortage of alloy wheels for top-end Ertiga (mentioned earlier in this thread). I also heard that along with the price hike, alloy wheels are now going to be a cost option on the Ertiga. i.e., you can opt for Ertiga ZDi without alloys. Prices of ZDi without alloys is not yet known. I guess the same will be applicable for Zxi as well.
Old 5th July 2012, 17:55   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Wow lucky to have got delivery of my ZDi before the hike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrchowdary View Post
The hike seems to be true. The Ertiga web site is showing revised prices. Now both ZXI & ZDI had 2 options, with and without alloys. ZDI with alloys is now costs ~20K more.
Yes confirmed from a source in Maruti that they have introduced this ZDi without alloys. I think that is a smart move since they are facing a shortage of alloys. If this was available at my time, I would have opted for this, since this gives me the flexibility of selecting my alloys
Old 5th July 2012, 19:37   #409

I took delivery of Granite Gray Ertiga ZDI during last week. I went on a long trip right away and in the next 24 hours, had covered 900 Kms of which 800 Kms on highway and 100 Kms in city. With 100% AC and 3 passengers on board, got mileage of 18.6 KMPL during this trip. On the highway, the drive was mostly in the 80-100 KMPH range.

After completion of first service at 960 KMs, I had done 300 Kms within city during this week. With 100% AC, 2 passengers, mileage was at 16.2 KMPL. It is too early, but I will be very happy if the mileage stays around that range.

Added following accessories at the dealer- Reverse Sensor, Reverse Horn, Seat Covers, Steering Cover, Floor Mat and Door Visor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishul View Post
I have attached the accessories list I received from the dealer. Interesting to see roof carriers on the list. But strangely I don't see any bluetooth module on the list. No pictures with the list so hard to make a choice here and will probably wait to see some of these at the dealership before purchasing.
I had the 8 page official booklet of Genuine Accessories with pictures and price of each accessory. If it is helpful, I can upload a scanned copy of the booklet here.
ksrchowdary is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 23:15   #410
BHPian

I just compared the Ertiga Delhi prices with Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, there is a whooping difference of nearly around Rs 35,000/-.

I also checked the prices for Tata Safari and found the difference is not that much and is around Rs 9,000/- approx.

Why is the huge difference with Maruti Ertiga?
Old 8th July 2012, 03:36   #411
BHPian

I have booked an Ertiga Zdi on 21.06.2012 here in Kolkata from Machino Techno Ltd.

My tentative OTR price would be 9.38 L and '9 months waiting' list has been written on my booking docket !

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 8th July 2012 at 03:38.
Old 8th July 2012, 22:38   #412
BHPian

Does anyone know how many liters of fuel will be present in the tank when the low fuel warning comes on? The manual does not mention this.

Today while driving my VDi the low fuel indicator came on, and the range started displaying --- after that. Just prior to the low fuel indicator coming on, it was showing range as 25km. Since the average displayed in MID is around 13, does this mean that the low fuel warning comes on once the fuel in the tank drops to 2 liters only?

The fuel guage seems to be very non-linear. At this point, I filled diesel for Rs.300 (just above 6 liters) and the guage started showing almost quarter full.
Old 9th July 2012, 07:18   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Does anyone know how many liters of fuel will be present in the tank when the low fuel warning comes on? The manual does not mention this.

Today while driving my VDi the low fuel indicator came on, and the range started displaying --- after that. Just prior to the low fuel indicator coming on, it was showing range as 25km. Since the average displayed in MID is around 13, does this mean that the low fuel warning comes on once the fuel in the tank drops to 2 liters only?

The fuel guage seems to be very non-linear. At this point, I filled diesel for Rs.300 (just above 6 liters) and the guage started showing almost quarter full.
Driving range is shown only for 45-10=35lts of diesel.
'Reserve' is 10lts, which does not show up on MID. That's the reason with 6 litres you had a quarter full shown.
xotiq is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 08:41   #414
BHPian

Quote:
'Reserve' is 10lts, which does not show up on MID. That's the reason with 6 litres you had a quarter full shown.
after driving about 350+kms, the fuel needle was at about 1/4th mark. so decided to fill up the tank. after about 22.xy lts, the auto-cutoff kicked. wow! that's about 15+ kmpl.

This is from 100% bangalore week end driving. the MID, showed a avg of 8kmpl, on the day of delivery. And has steadily increased to 13.6.

Also, some punk has released the air from both front and rear left side tyres. . so put on the spare in the front and drove to the nearest air pump to fill up the rear wheel.

Got to say this. Changing the tyre, on your own, is a back breaking exercise in ertiga. these 15inch tyres are heavy! And that, it came with steel wheel didn't help either. also the screw, provided to unwind/lower the spare wheel is of flimsy quality. I already managed to chip off a small part of the grove. I expect this to be replaced quite often.

Last edited by gkrishn : 9th July 2012 at 08:43.
gkrishn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 09:36   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! That clearly explains it. Going by those numbers, the FE is approximately 14-15kmpl in 100% bangalore city traffic with AC on all time. Thats quite good for a new car which has not yet clocked 300km.

The not so good part is the clutch has gotten stiffer compared to when I took delivery of car. I am having stiff calf muscles (some pain too).
Old 9th July 2012, 10:55   #416
BHPian

Quote:
As @ Xotiq mentioned, reserve fuel is 10 ltrs. As I was driving, I heard the low fuel warning and immediately went to the fuel station and got full tank. The fuel added was around 35 Ltrs before cut off.

Quote:
Thank you! That clearly explains it. Going by those numbers, the FE is approximately 14-15kmpl in 100% bangalore city traffic with AC on all time. Thats quite good for a new car which has not yet clocked 300km.

The not so good part is the clutch has gotten stiffer compared to when I took delivery of car. I am having stiff calf muscles (some pain too).
Yes the clutch feels hard relative to my SX4 which is so easy. This also could be because SX4 is 5 years old. But I can very easily notice the difference as I shuffle between the 2 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Got to say this. Changing the tyre, on your own, is a back breaking exercise in ertiga. these 15inch tyres are heavy! And that, it came with steel wheel didn't help either. also the screw, provided to unwind/lower the spare wheel is of flimsy quality. I already managed to chip off a small part of the grove. I expect this to be replaced quite often.
oops, in my case it will be even tougher, since I have upgraded my tyres to 195/60
Old 9th July 2012, 11:14   #417
BHPian

Quote:

your FE and clutch observation are similar as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
oops, in my case it will be even tougher, since I have upgraded my tyres to 195/60
I have 195/60 c-drive. It was a pain mounting it on the hub.

Last edited by gkrishn : 9th July 2012 at 11:16.
Old 9th July 2012, 18:26   #418
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the following pricing(EX-SHOWROOM) on Ertiga's site, one thing puzzles me greatly. The Ertiga ZDi with alloys is about ~25k costlier than without alloys. And the Ertiga ZXi with alloys is about ~20k costlier than without alloys.

How can the alloys on the ZDI be costlier than the ones on ZXI, just because one is a diesel and other is petrol???

If I were to buy a ZDi Ertiga, I would tell the dealer to fit alloys from the ZXi on the ZDI and save 5k.

Can someone explain this day light robbery attempt?

ZDi(Alloys)-ZDi(No alloys) = 25,539/-

ZXi(Alloys)-ZXi(No alloys) = 20,431/-

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th July 2012 at 02:49. Reason: corrected typo on Alloys, thanks
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 11:37   #419
BHPian

Was driving friend's brand new linea dynamic. which also has the same 1.3 with VGT.
got to say, the NVH, esp from engine is much better in linea that in my ertiga.
his car is also brand new, with just 1k done.
Old 11th July 2012, 13:19   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Was driving friend's brand new linea dynamic. which also has the same 1.3 with VGT.
got to say, the NVH, esp from engine is much better in linea that in my ertiga.
his car is also brand new, with just 1k done.
Not surprised with this observation. I read some review of Ertiga where they compared the NVH with SX4 diesel. It said that in Ertiga, due to more compact engine bay, the engine is closer to the cabin and the engine noise is more audible compared to SX4 diesel. In my Ertiga, the noise gets quite loud as RPM gets closer to 2500. I remember that the engine noise in the Ertiga that I had done test drive was less, so I still believe it might reduce a bit after clocking some more kilometers.

Curious to know what else did you found different with driving the 1.3MJD in Linea?

Last edited by mohan41 : 11th July 2012 at 13:24.
mohan41 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks