Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 12:07   #511
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
Well, I have not been offered the option of ZDI minus alloys by the dealer. The options from the letter I received is posted below.
Hey these are very old prices. I suggest you ask the dealer for the current prices. As of last week price of VDi was 10.01lakhs and ZDI with alloys was 10.89 lakhs.

The above prices includes the scam that all dealers of Maruti are levying. They charge 8,000 for handling charges, 2,000 odd for basic accessories kit like rubber mats and ganesh idol. This also includes 0% depreciation insurance which is 6,000 more than regular insurance. So if you deduct all the above then your price is about right.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 08:41   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga AT under development, possible release in 2013!

Quote:
Indomobil Suzuki has promised the Indonesian media that it will launch an automatic variant of the Ertiga very soon. Considering the Ertiga is exported to Indonesia from India, we can easily deduce that Maruti Suzuki is working on an automatic variant for this MPV. Maruti Suzuki offers a four-speed unit on the Dzire petrol, which is fitted with a 1.2-liter petrol engine. The Ertiga exported out of India, comes with a slightly bigger 1.4-liter unit
Endro Nugroho, Marketing Director of PT Indomobil Suzuki Sales, asserted that development is already underway and no obstacles have been faced so far. He stated that an automatic variant will be on display at the 2012 Indonesian Motor Show in September. The variant will be launched in Indonesia in early 2013
Maruti Ertiga AT (automatic) variant development underway
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 11:02   #513
BHPian

Have TD both the Eritiga and Innova back to back . In my opinion, I felt the 2.5L of Innova had a lot of strain when driving above 100km/h .

The Eritiga on the other hand being the puny 1.3L Mjd i could easily cruise at 120 Km/hr and never felt any strain on the engine.

Above 120 felt some strain on the 1.3MJD , but overall I felt the 1.3 Mjd was fun to drive than the 2.5 L motor. On the comfort side, it is the Innova that is better off.

To add the TD was done with 3 people in the vehicle, so it was not loaded to the full capacity.
sandeep3in is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 13:46   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41

Thank you, that makes me feel much better. What was the cost of repair and did Insurance cover any part of it?
Cost was about 1.5 lac because the damage was severe (rear ended a truck). The common rail pump and injectors were replaced. Also the cost includes 2 new fenders, headlamps, a new bonnet, windscreen and bumper. Insurance covered upto 70000 and the rest were mine. I'm no expert with insurance nitty gritties so didn't haggle much for a bargain. They did an awesome job restoring my car that I didn't bother the hefty sum.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 17:11   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Cost was about 1.5 lac because the damage was severe (rear ended a truck).
The estimate given in my case is 45k for components and 35k for labor. They said this is approximate as they can ascertain the damage to engine fully only after opening it.

My worry is mainly because the engine was running at its normal temperature already, then the coolant leaked but the car was continued to be driven for few more kilometers with full load and high speed until engine seized. I am afraid the damage might be severe.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 09:07   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41

The estimate given in my case is 45k for components and 35k for labor. They said this is approximate as they can ascertain the damage to engine fully only after opening it.

My worry is mainly because the engine was running at its normal temperature already, then the coolant leaked but the car was continued to be driven for few more kilometers with full load and high speed until engine seized. I am afraid the damage might be severe.
Check with the driver if he heard some kind of abnormal noise from the engine bay before the car seized. If his response is in the negative then don't you worry, there shouldn't be any serious damage to the engine. If possible get your service agent's mobile number in Vellore and maintain a good rapport with him. I can tell you striking a cordial relationship with this guy will go a long way! That's what I did when my Swift was being repaired in Coimbatore while I was in Chennai. I got his mobile number and I called him every evening for updates. Guys at Maruti service centres are extremely cordial and personable so I would suggest you do that.
Old 14th August 2012, 09:44   #517
BHPian

I recently took delivery of my Ertiga VDi from Mysore. It was sheer luck when I checked for availability that I was able to get a committed delivery of the vehicle within short timeframe - one week to be precise. Not sure how the dealer (Friendly Motors) managed it.

A Big THANKS to Team BHP forum that helped me firm up my decision to buy Ertiga.

These are initial days and hopefully FE within Bangalore city will be around 15-16 kmpl; I drive on most crowded stretch of Bannerghatta Road and so keeping my fingers crossed!!

Thanks Team BHP once again - I am much more knowledgeable in cars than earlier and hope that I too can contribute constructively to the benefit of fellow members and readers.
ramassrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 14:06   #518
Senior - BHPian

What is the fast moving color in Ertiga among Serene Blue and Superior White?
We booked Serene Blue Zdi but dealer offered to chose from above (Confused
Old 14th August 2012, 14:55   #519
BHPian

What a coincidence, this is the only place (Point b) where my SX4 diesel could not climb after an abrupt stop. it was 2 of us with moderate luggage in the car. The ooty ghat sections were also taken easily by the car even though I had to stop for oncoming traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
that you tube video. yes, that is pretty close description on this issue.

refer to this pic.
Attachment 961922

This section B is a stupid road that leads to GRT nature trail, from main road.

It is stupid because,
  • of it is steep gradient.
  • And the way it intersects the main road, at a steep angle.total blind spot.
  • even while entering into section B from main road, there is no visibility of any thing on section B.
now, in that section B, with about 5 people and some luggage, ertiga wont climb from stand still.

You need to gain some momentum in section A and carry that over to the B. Only then it will be able to climb.

I don't think any petrol car, for ex even Jazz, with similar load will have this issue. even a vento tdi should be able to make it comfortably.

linea/sx4/ertiga needs that 1.6MJD.
Old 14th August 2012, 19:10   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
What is the fast moving color in Ertiga among Serene Blue and Superior White?
We booked Serene Blue Zdi but dealer offered to chose from above (Confused
At least in Chennai, Superior White seems to be everywhere in comparison to Serene Blue. Politico chaps love white. I have Serene Blue and one benefit of this colour - good at masking dirt even when I haven't washed for a week. Comparatively, white being white, gets all soiled and dirty. Having said that, white seems to create a better road presence than blue IMHO.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 23:23   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
What a coincidence, this is the only place (Point b) where my SX4 diesel could not climb after an abrupt stop. it was 2 of us with moderate luggage in the car. The ooty ghat sections were also taken easily by the car even though I had to stop for oncoming traffic.
thanks for that confirmation. It is good to know that this is worst case scenario. But sad that i took a brand new car through this.
Old 15th August 2012, 08:14   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ertiga AT under development, possible release in 2013!
This is an interesting piece of news and will be a great variant if true. The Ertiga deserves an AT, but Maruti why not a diesel AT. That will be awesome.
Old 16th August 2012, 00:14   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Hey these are very old prices. I suggest you ask the dealer for the current prices. As of last week price of VDi was 10.01lakhs and ZDI with alloys was 10.89 lakhs.
Thanks Vid. I am not very keen on this as I have switched over to Innova D 2.5 V last May, thanks to the atrocious waiting period quoted on Ertiga. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, there is absolutely no communication regarding any price raise from the dealer.
Old 16th August 2012, 01:47   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
Thanks Vid. I am not very keen on this as I have switched over to Innova D 2.5 V last May, thanks to the atrocious waiting period quoted on Ertiga. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, there is absolutely no communication regarding any price raise from the dealer.
Wow. You increased your budget by almost 7L for the innova V. If you still haven't gotten the Innova, I would suggest you wait for the Nissan Evalia. Looks promising and pricing is supposed to be between Innova and Ertiga.
Old 16th August 2012, 07:29   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow. You increased your budget by almost 7L for the innova V. If you still haven't gotten the Innova, I would suggest you wait for the Nissan Evalia.
Well, my search for the new ride started as early as 2011 Nov and my wishlist were the XUV, Innova and the ForceOne, in that order. When the Ertiga came along around March 2012, I was actually looking at an opportunity to cut back my budget by 7L for a more "elegant" (by size) city ride, serving more or less the same purposes. But the waiting period was not pardonable with my aging Ford Ikon 1.6Nxt ZXi (PETROL ) of 9 years.

Evalia.. yes, but the boxy look didn't score very well in the family circles and wasn't very sure when I would really be able to be at the wheels of one of them.

Most Viewed