Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 17:46   #736
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Couple of days back, I enquired about Ertiga Zdi model with Pratham Motors, ORR, Bangalore and then they said the waiting period is 6 months.

I got a call back today from them, saying that they have few colours available for Zdi (without alloys) and will be delivered within a week. I insisted upon the manufacture month and they mentioned it as November. It might be that, some of the customers have postponed their delivery to next year and they have some of the units left out.
Did you go for zdi + steel wheel, pls update. I booked ZDi + alloy in early Sept & still waiting
Old 27th November 2012, 19:00   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
Did you go for zdi + steel wheel, pls update. I booked ZDi + alloy in early Sept & still waiting
Yes...it was for Zdi + Steel wheel. I didnt go for it. Dealer mentioned that the alloy wheel model is not available with the manufacturer itself.
samabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 21:10   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
That good to know about the car you may end up buying...Btw from your avatar it looks that you own a Swift diesel too. May I ask you how do both Ertiga & Swift compare w.r.t. driving ?
I sold my Swift before buying the Ertiga. Comparing Ertiga to Swift is like comparing apples to oranges but anyway, here goes: Swift feels a lot lighter and sprightly whereas with the Ertiga, the added weight of the vehicle is evident. While driving the Swift, it felt more like a 2 wheeler, never really felt like it had 4 wheels! The Ertiga lets you know its an MPV from the word go.

There is one marked difference between driving the Ertiga and the Swift and I noticed this on the highway. In the Swift at 3 digit speeds, I always have the feeling that the 5th gear is short and the engine will run out of breath pretty soon. In the Ertiga, the 5th gear is pretty tall and the engine shows that in its effortless cruising. VGT makes its power delivery linear. Also, the NVH is a lot lesser in the Ertiga. I have to mention that my Swift is the previous gen with BSIII norm.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 09:33   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Yes...it was for Zdi + Steel wheel. I didnt go for it. Dealer mentioned that the alloy wheel model is not available with the manufacturer itself.
I have done the booking for Ertiga ZDI(Steel Wheel) on October 5th in Bimal Auto Agency. I called the SA 3 days back after seeing sambhi's post(20th Nov) about the Pratham Mototrs offer and he said he can allot a vehicle in for me from the coming batch if down payment is ready. I agreed that. As per the him the vehicle in transit and it can be delivered in December 2nd week(Dec 10-12). So I hope the effective waiting period for Ertiga ZDI(Steel wheel) is 2 months only
Special thanks to sambi for his update
denver85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 12:26   #740
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Swift feels a lot lighter and sprightly whereas with the Ertiga, the added weight of the vehicle is evident.
Thanks. So Swift is more nimble around Town & zippy too. Therefore from a pure drivers POV, Swift should be a better buy.

How do you compare the comfort levels among the two w.r.t. Ride quality, suspension, etc...
Old 29th November 2012, 14:23   #741
BHPian

There was Ertiga event organised by GEM motors in my office building yesterday. i checked the vehicle and talked to sales guy about the waiting periods. Got the shocker from him. He says VDI's are readily available and ZDI's in certain colour also available. But VXI would take 4 to 6 weeks and ZXI more than that. I thought i heard it wrong and asked him again and he repeated the same. Asked if there are any offers or freebies, he gave a big stare as if I have used a bad word, moved away from that place immediately.
venki.bala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 16:07   #742
BANNED

Source: http://suzukifan.com/2012/11/14/suzu...uth-east-asia/

Ertiga sold 5115 units in Indonesia in Oct 2012, compared to 16983 units of Avanza.
Old 30th November 2012, 21:34   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Comparing Ertiga to Swift is like comparing apples to oranges...
Please share your thought process of moving to Ertiga from Swift since they are in different segments and should ideally be used for different purposes (my pov)

I am unable to take this leap since I like the maneuverability of Swift so much, Ertiga seemed a little bulky for me to take to office daily or even to buy daily vegies.
Old 30th November 2012, 22:35   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
There was Ertiga event organised by GEM motors in my office building yesterday. i checked the vehicle and talked to sales guy about the waiting periods. Got the shocker from him. He says VDI's are readily available and ZDI's in certain colour also available. But VXI would take 4 to 6 weeks and ZXI more than that. I thought i heard it wrong and asked him again and he repeated the same. Asked if there are any offers or freebies, he gave a big stare as if I have used a bad word, moved away from that place immediately.
guess he would have meant zdi with steel & vdi. Heard that they are available in Bangalore as well off the shelf.
Old 30th November 2012, 23:13   #745

In Bangalore, Ertiga - LDi is immediately available. VDi is available within 2 weeks. ZDi - with steel wheels in 4-5 weeks. I had booked my ZDi (steel wheels) on 16th and the car in currently in transit with expected delivery max by 5th of Dec so a total of less than 3 weeks. In-fact, if you are willing to go with regular colors (white / silver / serene blue, the car may be delivered in even lesser time). If you need contact details of the dealer and the sales folks, I can introduce you to them. Note that I have no business relationship with them. Just that a friend knew them because of his last purchase of Swift DZire.
rbarney is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 02:55   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattandip View Post
Please share your thought process of moving to Ertiga from Swift since they are in different segments and should ideally be used for different purposes (my pov)

I am unable to take this leap since I like the maneuverability of Swift so much, Ertiga seemed a little bulky for me to take to office daily or even to buy daily vegies.
My number one priority for buying the Ertiga is to use it extensively on intercity trips. Most of my mileage for a given month is on the highway and my daily city commute is a mere 20 kms. For me, this is where it scored over the Swift. I found the Swift cramped, and with my growing family travelling 10 to 12 hours at a stretch during the night, I wanted something more spacious and comfortable. This is where Ertiga fit my bill perfectly. If Ertiga didn't happen I would be driving around in an Innova, as I almost booked one and later cancelled it.

For your office commute and shopping, I reckon you stick to your Swift. Look at the Ertiga only if you have an extended family and intend to do intercity trips often.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 16:26   #747
BHPian

Sorry to ask this again, is there any one from Bangalore who booked Ertiga Zdi (Alloy wheels) post Sept & got the vehicle delivered / alloted ?
Old 5th December 2012, 10:37   #748
BHPian

I think the alloy wheels shortage is still continuing. Wonder how Maruti is still not able to meet the demand for alloys or source alloys from any other vendor or assist the present vendor to increase production capacity.
Both zdi/zxi models are available in a few weeks minus alloys. In fact being Dec I think they maybe even off the shelf with some people waiting for the year to change and take a new model. In Jan onwards I would imagine the waiting (for ZDI/VDI) will go up again to 2-3 months. VDI may still be available before ZDI.
Old 5th December 2012, 10:47   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to ask this again, is there any one from Bangalore who booked Ertiga Zdi (Alloy wheels) post Sept & got the vehicle delivered / alloted ?
@ravigop - I booked Maruti Ertiga (ZDI alloy) on 18 Aug 2012 and took delivery day before yesterday.

I was told that in November about 15 Ertiga with ZDI alloy wheels were allotted to Mandovi Motors; the dealer from whom we bought the car.
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 11:16   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft

@ravigop - I booked Maruti Ertiga (ZDI alloy) on 18 Aug 2012 and took delivery day before yesterday.

I was told that in November about 15 Ertiga with ZDI alloy wheels were allotted to Mandovi Motors; the dealer from whom we bought the car.
Thanks for the information. I booked with Pratham & I'm still waiting. Hopefully i will get my allotment in Jan / Feb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks