Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 13:20   #1171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
Thanks. I am assuming you mean the dashboard of variants across models but in the same category are same. i.e Swift Zxi/Zdi vs Ertiga ZXi/ZDi.

Swift LXi wont fit Dezire Zxi.
Not really, I actually meant any to any. The outside look may vary a bit but looking at the manuals it seems the fitment points are the same. You may verify with a maruti service master as they will carry all the part catalogs.
Old 15th June 2013, 17:48   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to TBHPian theincredible1 for sharing this news ---> Maruti launches CNG Ertiga - http://m.indianexpress.com/news/maru...-lakh/1129477/

I am wondering why the CNG version has been launched so quietly. I tried to search for the specifications on MSIL website, but they are not available there. Have a couple of questions regarding CNG Ertiga. Would appreciate if someone can answer these:
  1. What is the CNG tank capacity & CNG mileage, so that the range can be calculated between 2 CNG tankfulls.
  2. How & where MSIL has managed to fit the tank?
  3. Has it compromised on the 3rd row seating space?
  4. How the car would handle with the extra weight in the rear? I believe the suspension might be tuned differently to take care of the extra rear weight.

Just now realized that the Ertiga CNG launch news is already available in the TBHP news section ----> http://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti-...launched-india

A bit disappointed to know that the CNG tank of the Ertiga Green is expected to replace the third row of seats. Effectively, this makes the Ertiga Green a five seater. I have six people in my family, two aging parents, wife & 2 growing kids, besides me. I think I cannot have the best of both worlds, a CNG Ertiga with 6 six seats (if not 7). I would have preferred removal of one of the third row seats & putting a cubical CNG tank over there instead of a cylindrical or rectangular tank, occupying the third row completely.

p.s Mods please merge this message with my earlier post as I am writing this outside the 30 mins window & the earlier post is not editable.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th June 2013 at 10:57. Reason: Merged posts on request.
Old 16th June 2013, 00:16   #1173
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Whats the point if they remove the last row to accomodate the cylinder? The main USP of the car being a seven seater is lost IMO. But could there be any other way they could have managed to fit the tank?
Old 16th June 2013, 00:40   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Whats the point if they remove the last row to accomodate the cylinder? The main USP of the car being a seven seater is lost IMO. But could there be any other way they could have managed to fit the tank?
Sure, the cubby hole below the rear opening was decent enough to fit a custom designed tank. Looks like some one took a shortcut.
Old 16th June 2013, 09:52   #1175
Distinguished - BHPian

The issue with fitting a CNG tank is that one cant get a custom designed tank as CNG tanks are seamless and are built without any joints or welds unlike LPG tanks which can be fabricated with better flexibility of options. Hence, as you say they need to fit in an ultra thin tank, somewhat the size of an oxygen cylinder into the storage space under the floor and have multiple small sized tanks placed underside in order to give it a good range.
Old 17th June 2013, 08:04   #1176
BHPian

Re: Installed Rouf Rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Wouldn't he ship? If he does, it would then benefit a lot of people I believe.
Anyone from Pune/Mumbai area tried getting this shipped/installed ?
Old 17th June 2013, 14:53   #1177
BHPian

ACI has done a video comparison test between Ertiga & Enjoy.
Here it is :-

Last edited by Eddy : 17th June 2013 at 18:46. Reason: Fixing the video
Old 19th June 2013, 23:09   #1178
BHPian

Maruti Ertiga CNG tank placement. We can clearly see that the last row of seats are still present. It is still a 7 seater.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-maruti_ertiga_cng.jpg  

n_naik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 09:15   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
Maruti Ertiga CNG tank placement. We can clearly see that the last row of seats are still present. It is still a 7 seater.
That looks a neat placement of the CNG tank, thanks for sharing it. But from where did you get that picture. I tried searching on Ertiga official website --> http://www.marutisuzukiertiga.com/ but could not find it there. Source of the picture
Old 20th June 2013, 16:05   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
But from where did you get that picture. I tried searching on Ertiga official website --> http://www.marutisuzukiertiga.com/ but could not find it there. Source of the picture
Source: Maruti Ertiga FB page.

Old 24th June 2013, 13:52   #1181
BHPian

Is this really possible in the current Auto scenario ??
They have been given 6 weeks to process the order and they still cant do it ??

I am at my wit's end, trying to procure this variant and color since Feb from Maruti.

"[FONT=&quot] This is with reference to your booking of Maruti Ertiga Zxi color G.Grey with us dated 18th May,13.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]We would like to inform you that due to unforeseen circumstances, the delivery of your vehicle will take some more time. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The vehicle is ordered but not getting dispatch from Maruti. As soon as the car is available at our Showroom, we will inform you.

[/FONT]Suddenly, Enjoy has started looking tempting-a second best to Ertiga- but at least I will own it, rather than day dreaming about Ertiga.

Any advise ??
rohit0103 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 14:37   #1182
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you filed a complaint with MSIL directly? If no, please do so at 18001800180. I am sure that they will take personal attention and address your query. Well, personally other than some extra space, the enjoy is nowhere close to the ertiga. I am sure your wait will be worth it. I dont think Maruti officials will give such vague replies like what is being given by the dealer. Just enquire and file a complaint.
Old 25th June 2013, 14:15   #1183

I too am facing the same difficulty and am seriously contemplating cancelling my booking. I had booked the Granite grey ZXi on 27 Apr at Rohan motors,NOIDA. Initially i was promised delivery in two - three weeks, and since then it has been a disheartening wait. The dealer keeps repeating " another five days,,, in the next delivery, your vehicle is likely". It has been almost 8 weeks now, and that too with no concrete dates. I called MSIL at 18001800180 and they said only the dealer can give the info.. so no joy there too.
2. Can someone advise how to get genuine information from MSIL about the likely dates etc. ?
Old 25th June 2013, 16:03   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygoa View Post
I too am facing the same difficulty and am seriously contemplating cancelling my booking. I had booked the Granite grey ZXi on 27 Apr at Rohan motors,NOIDA. Initially i was promised delivery in two - three weeks, and since then it has been a disheartening wait. The dealer keeps repeating " another five days,,, in the next delivery, your vehicle is likely". It has been almost 8 weeks now, and that too with no concrete dates. I called MSIL at 18001800180 and they said only the dealer can give the info.. so no joy there too.
2. Can someone advise how to get genuine information from MSIL about the likely dates etc. ?
Unbelievable, here in Bangalore you get the vehicle off-the-shelf most colors. I guess only maroon & brown max 10 days wait (i'm referring to both diesel & petrol).
Old 25th June 2013, 16:07   #1185
BHPian

Post first service, finding the power reduced, or, need to press pedal full down to get acceleration. any one faced similar issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks