Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2013, 22:40   #1201
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Got the Dieseltronic fitted on my Ertiga Zdi over the weekend at Race Dynamics.

Regards
Ravi.
Can you tell us the cost of this dual channel box?

Thanks,
Prakash.
Old 2nd July 2013, 01:04   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
@ Ertiga petrol owner :- What is the mileage of petrol model in city?

With A/C : ?
Without A/C : ?

I have zeroed on Zxi model. I will book in 1-2 days.

Please help.
With AC i seem to get about 14 not sure though since the fuel indicator is driving me crazy ---- but over all it appears too be decent mileage i have done 1045kms
Old 2nd July 2013, 18:21   #1203
BHPian

The 'v' variants of Ertiga, namely Vxi and Vdi have got ABS. Right ??
But the CNG Vxi doesnt have ABS. I asked them and see the image for their response.
Those who want to go for CNG will have to forget about the safety.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertigacng_noabs_tbhp.jpg  

n_naik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 18:52   #1204
BHPian

- What happens to the warranty of the Ertiga
The tuning box is easily removable since these are plug and play connectors. Since Ive been going to the same service centre for the last 17 years, Im hoping that they don't make a fuss about it.

- Regarding why doesn't Maruti do something like this to reduce the turbo lag, beats me. Don't know the answer to that.

- Cost of the box: MRP: Rs.26,000 (dual channel). The single channel one is Rs.19,990. Race Dynamics won't sell it to a customer directly. So you can buy it at any of their dealers and negotiate a discount. This is what happened in my case also.

My mileage before installing the box : as shown in the MID was about 16.8kms per litre. Right now it shows 17.4 kms per litre and Im sure it will go up.

Please note that this is my normal driving in the city.

The added bonus is the reduced turbo lag. so am able to up-shift earlier.

Regards
Ravi.
iridium is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 19:56   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
- What happens to the warranty of the Ertiga
The tuning box is easily removable since these are plug and play connectors. Since Ive been going to the same service centre for the last 17 years, Im hoping that they don't make a fuss about it.

- Regarding why doesn't Maruti do something like this to reduce the turbo lag, beats me. Don't know the answer to that.

- Cost of the box: MRP: Rs.26,000 (dual channel). The single channel one is Rs.19,990. Race Dynamics won't sell it to a customer directly. So you can buy it at any of their dealers and negotiate a discount. This is what happened in my case also.

My mileage before installing the box : as shown in the MID was about 16.8kms per litre. Right now it shows 17.4 kms per litre and Im sure it will go up.

Please note that this is my normal driving in the city.

The added bonus is the reduced turbo lag. so am able to up-shift earlier.

Regards
Ravi.
Thanks but I dont know what is the catch here. Another user Rajain also has similar tuning kit and is pretty satisfied with the performance.

But common sense says we get something at the expense of something else.

Does reduced turbo lag mean turbo charger is forced to kick in much earlier ? or it has something to do with generating more torque at lower RPM which will make one feel reduced lag.

Also what beats me is increased mileage too. Its like More power, More torque, and more FE ? Sorry but i dont believe in magic
Old 6th July 2013, 14:08   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Guys i was toggling between EcoSport and Ertiga and got to test drive Ertiga and EcoSport back to back and now i am clear that Ertiga is the car for me.

My feedback on Ecosport

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3170924

Getting a 20K cash offer, 3K corporate offer currently in Bangalore. Is this the best or can i bargain for more ? Apparently, there is no waiting and he seem to be ready to deliver any color of my choice in 1-2 weeks.

I felt Ertiga to be more composed and much more comfortable for rear seat passengers. Seats have much better cushioning too.

Other USP: 3rd row seating, 2nd row AC vents etc. Vdi is 40K more than EcoSport trend variant.

So what is the best deal i can get on Ertiga ? Should i wait some more time to hear more discounts ?

Right now my only concern on Ertiga is mileage( i will be happy if i can extract 15kmpl in Bangalore city)
Old 6th July 2013, 15:07   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
The 'v' variants of Ertiga, namely Vxi and Vdi have got ABS. Right ??
But the CNG Vxi doesnt have ABS. I asked them and see the image for their response.
Those who want to go for CNG will have to forget about the safety.
Hi @n_naik

ABS is optional on Ertiga VXi, but yes, you are correct in pointing out that there is no option of choosing ABS on CNG variants.

I believe, Maruti Suzuki wants the world to believe that the Green brigade are basically misers & do not care for safety features .
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 15:14   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
@ Ertiga petrol owner :- What is the mileage of petrol model in city?

With A/C : ?
Without A/C : ?

I have zeroed on Zxi model. I will book in 1-2 days.

Please help.
A cousin who drives a Vxi, gets 10.5-11 in the city with 100% AC. Yes, he does drive with a heavy right foot. The car has done 1500Kms as of yet.

A little late reply, but hope it helps.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 22:05   #1209
BHPian

Booked a Ertiga ZDi today.
Expected delivery date is 15th July.

Need help on PDI .
What need to check specially for Ertiga?
Old 6th July 2013, 23:44   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Guys i was toggling between EcoSport and Ertiga and got to test drive Ertiga and EcoSport back to back and now i am clear that Ertiga is the car for me.

My feedback on Ecosport

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3170924

Getting a 20K cash offer, 3K corporate offer currently in Bangalore. Is this the best or can i bargain for more ? Apparently, there is no waiting and he seem to be ready to deliver any color of my choice in 1-2 weeks.

I felt Ertiga to be more composed and much more comfortable for rear seat passengers. Seats have much better cushioning too.

Other USP: 3rd row seating, 2nd row AC vents etc. Vdi is 40K more than EcoSport trend variant.

So what is the best deal i can get on Ertiga ? Should i wait some more time to hear more discounts ?

Right now my only concern on Ertiga is mileage( i will be happy if i can extract 15kmpl in Bangalore city)
I was on same boat 2 days ago.
now i booked the ertiga.

finally booked a Ertiga ZDi White colour

Got this offer:

9,97,728 OTR

Discount:-

Exchange Bonus : 15000
Consumer Offer : 10000
Corporate Discount : 2000
Discount on 4th year Extended Warrenty : 2702

So Final OTR is 9,68,026.
Expected Delivery Date is 15th July

Last edited by KALINGA : 6th July 2013 at 23:52.
KALINGA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 06:47   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now i booked the ertiga.

finally booked a Ertiga ZDi White colour

I think its a sensible choice for bigger families. All the best for you

I am just trying to trade my swift and trying to get more discount. Karnataka taxes are huge and ZDI costs 11.2 Lakhs here. Even Vdi will cost me 10.04 Lakhs after 23K discount !!
Old 7th July 2013, 12:41   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now i booked the ertiga. finally booked a Ertiga ZDi White colour
Congratulations Kalinga on booking the Ertiga ZDi. No other car beats it as a car for daily commute & a weekend car for a family of 6-7.

Quote:
Wonderful offer unbelievable on road price. Delivery within 10 days, that is an additional bonus. Is this because you opted for the white colour or other colours are also available off the shelf? From which dealer have you booked the car?
Old 7th July 2013, 19:48   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
I remember you have been waiting for quite sometime now to get your car changed but still I would say wait for a month or two to actually get a better deal on any car you want as Most cars (at least < 10 Lakhs) are and will be affected by Ecosport and will take at least a month for other manufacturers to react.

Just asking: Very difficult to wait until festive season is it? Who knows, Maruti might even launch some updates like Black and Beige combo interiors, split seats - which should have been there in first place, etc.

I too am in the market for Ertiga (at any cost before August end) but still I am holding it until sometime to see if there is any better discount. Lets see.

A difference of 1,30,000 between VXI and VDI, the fuel price fluctuation are the greatest factors confusing me to decide on the variant. In my case, this is going to be a second car and so initial cost savings of Petrol makes sense but every highway run (when taken) would pinch a bit more.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 19:57   #1214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
I remember you have been waiting for quite sometime now to get your car changed but still I would say wait for a month or two to actually get a better deal on any car you want as Most cars (at least < 10 Lakhs) are and will be affected by Ecosport and will take at least a month for other manufacturers to react.
Yes and i have been toggling between every new launch too .

Amaze/Etios/EcoSport and Ertiga and zeroing on Ertiga for practicality. My family members do not like the looks of Ertiga at all, but they were impressed by the comfort inside. and i could convince them

My other issue is that i can park only one car in my apartment, so i will need to exchange my worshiped swift. I am trying to get a better deal from maruti true value itself so that i can adjust the price accordingly.

I too feel by festive season, auto makers will be either forced to shell out more discounts or come up with upgraded features.

Right now its all about getting a good deal on my old car and i might settle for new Ertiga. I can hold on to my car for another year as well, but realized there is no end for waiting for new models
Old 7th July 2013, 21:45   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Right now its all about getting a good deal on my old car and i might settle for new Ertiga. I can hold on to my car for another year as well, but realized there is no end for waiting for new models
True. Keep us posted on the progress! Wish you all the best to extract the best for your Swift and Ertiga

O.T: Autocar's this month's ongoing discounts section didn't have Maruti listed. Also, Seems like Feliz was just an eye wash as I am yet to see someone going for it and its "JUST" a dealer fitment which was already in practice anyways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks