Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 00:07   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

32000??? I bet that more than 50% are petrol - this was a completely non-existent segment! Will be very interesting to see how many converts from Dzire to Ertiga. And from Swift to Dzire as well. And lets wait for Innova may numbers from GTO - I wouldnt even bother Xylo. Its only for fleet operators now

Nevertheless, Ertiga is very deserving of these numbers. Very honest attempt by MSIL duly stamped by the buyers!
Go Maruti go!
(PS: I own the stock)
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:18   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
32000??? I bet that more than 50% are petrol - this was a completely non-existent segment!
The SR I interacted with claimed that Zdi was the best selling variant, which makes sense considering the price of petrol these days.

Completely agree that this car is a segment-creator. It's going to take some doing for other manufacturers to catch up now.
Old 22nd May 2012, 09:48   #273
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's going to take some doing for other manufacturers to catch up now.
I am sure Toyota must be kicking themselves now for the missed oppurtunity. They could have brought in the Avanza instead of the Etios and seen their cash registers ringing. They already had a product running in Indonesia and Malaysia but choose not to bring it in here.

Kudos to Maruti to come up with a new product reading the pulse of the market.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd May 2012 at 09:51. Reason: fixing quote tag
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:39   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I am sure Toyota must be kicking themselves now for the missed oppurtunity.
I am sure Toyota has much better margins with 6K Innovas than selling 10K smaller MUV.

Even with Etios, they were spot on with the pricing and the performance. but did bit too much of cost cutting in terms of interiors.

Anyways the topic here is Ertiga and it surely is a success.

But the main sufferer here would be the Dzire,SX4 and some of those who were looking at Sunny/Vento/Rapid
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:42   #275
Senior - BHPian

I doubt they will reconsider Avanza. Instead they will build on the Etios base.. But its going to be a long shot and atleast 18mnths away if not more.

Anyone knows when the Nissan/Ashok-leyland MPV is going to hit the roads? Is it Innova class or Ertiga class?
Old 22nd May 2012, 11:15   #276

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Mid row A/c condenser issue

I have booked VDI Ertiga from Friendly motors Mysore and the vehicle was due to be delivered on 18th of May but all of a sudden now the sales manager is stating that the delivery will be delayed as MSIL has given directions not to register the vehicle until the " MID Row A/c Condenser" Problem is addressed.

Can some one throw more light on this new "A/C condenser" issue...
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:55   #277
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Mid row A/c condenser issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by susudi View Post
Can some one throw more light on this new "A/C condenser" issue...
at least one dealer in bangalore made a similar statement. the TD vehicle was not available, with them, for 2-3 days. the above was the reason given for that.
Old 23rd May 2012, 23:14   #278
BHPian

I booked Ertiga ZDi on 31-mar with Kalyani motors. The sales guy told at that time ZDI deliveries are slower compared to other variants, but it should be available within 3 months of booking i.e., by end of June. Now he is saying it may take 2 more months.

I request any other BHPians who booked ZDi around that time (i.e. before the apr-12 launch) about the status of their booking? I am just a bit concerned that the sales guy may be prioritizing other bookings ahead of mine. I am not in India right now and I am not able to meet him in person.

Last edited by mohan41 : 23rd May 2012 at 23:17.
Old 24th May 2012, 10:05   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I booked Ertiga ZDi on 31-mar with Kalyani motors. The sales guy told at that time ZDI deliveries are slower compared to other variants, but it should be available within 3 months of booking i.e., by end of June. Now he is saying it may take 2 more months.
We made an enquiry at Kalyani Motors, Bannerghatta Road for Zdi version. Last week we received a call from their sales guy, Mr. Guruswamy and he tried to sell Vdi version with a delivery period of 2 months. When we insisted on Zdi itself, he promised to deliver it within 3-4 months max.

I guess these guys are making false commitments for more bookings and zdi delivery may take more time. We too booked Zdi at Indus Motors, Kochi and as per them, Zdi will take 7-8 months where Vdi can be delivered within 4 months.
Old 24th May 2012, 21:34   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
We made an enquiry at Kalyani Motors, Bannerghatta Road for Zdi version. Last week we received a call from their sales guy, Mr. Guruswamy and he tried to sell Vdi version with a delivery period of 2 months. When we insisted on Zdi itself, he promised to deliver it within 3-4 months max.

I guess these guys are making false commitments for more bookings and zdi delivery may take more time. We too booked Zdi at Indus Motors, Kochi and as per them, Zdi will take 7-8 months where Vdi can be delivered within 4 months.
Most dealers in BLR quote 8+ months lead time for ZDI now. Meanwhile the eagerness to push VDI is surprising!!
Old 28th May 2012, 00:12   #281
BHPian

I have upgraded to 205/60 R-15 Yokohama A Drive on my Ertiga ZDI. I checked the tyre calculator. The increase in diameter is 3mm and overall increase is also well within 2% limit.

I have driven from Delhi to Shimla yesterday with full load - 5 adults (3 Males all 6ft and 2 average females), one kid and luggage. There is absolutely no issue with the tyre touching wheel-well or otherwise. In fact I'm in Shimla right now and writing the post from my hotel (Himland).

Overall grip has increased and the braking has also improved. The ride seems more pliant now and handling inspires confidence. I'm very satisfied with this upsize till now. Looks of the car, while subjective, seems to have improved as per me and few of my friends.

I got this done from Reliance Autozone (Ambience Mall Gurgaon) on Tuesday (after taking delivery on Sunday, 20th May). He agreed to trade-in my MRFs for Rs 3500 each. Yokohama A Drive 205/60 R-15 costs Rs 5900 each, so I had to pay Rs 2400 per tyre extra.

My next venture is ICE upgrade for which I have ordered Pioneer AppRadio. It could have been installed the same day but for the availability of the double din fitment box (MGA) which is not available in any MGA Accessories Shop in Delhi NCR dealership. If anyone has any clue, please PM me or share on this thread for benefit of other upgrades.
nayaksudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 07:57   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga clocks 13000 bookings in a month in Indonesia.Suzuki eyes to be be the largest selling car maker there!

Quote:
After Ertiga’s successful 13,000 unit booked in just a month,Suzuki have ambition to be largest selling car maker in Indonesia
Quote:
Insider source say that it able to gain more when the automatic box arrive in late 2012 or early 2013.

After Ertiga’s successful 13,000 unit booked in just a month,Suzuki have ambition to be largest selling car maker in Indonesia | SUZUKI FAN
Old 28th May 2012, 16:10   #283
BHPian

Last week, we were informed about engine/chassis # details for ZDI, dealer says in transit.

Should i be asking for the VIN as well?

Last edited by xotiq : 28th May 2012 at 16:12.
Old 28th May 2012, 18:34   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

From the review and comments one feeling I get is that if you consider the Ertiga and SX4, I feel Ertiga is a product that takes the good things about the SX4 (for example ground clearance and high seating position) while it improves upon the negatives of the SX4 (like fuel efficiency and better cornering manners).

Any thoughts from Ertiga owners who have driven the SX4 extensively? Feel quite tempted to trade in my SX4 and go for the Ertiga. I like the SX4 for many things and dont like it for many. The Ertiga seems to take care of the 'dont like it' part.
Old 28th May 2012, 23:34   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
I have upgraded to 205/60 R-15 Yokohama A Drive on my Ertiga ZDI.
Why not post some pics with upgraded tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks