Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 19:25   #376
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Completed the PDI of my vehicle at the Yard. Vehicle is a June manufactured one which was despatched from the factory on 26th june, so a freshly baked one
The vehicle had 14Kms on the ODO. Since showroom is in Gurgaon, the vehicle was driven straight from the factory.Overall satisfied with all aspects and thanks to the PDI checklist of Team BHP which helped me do a comprehensive check.

Now I have a question for owners. The insurance amount quoted is Rs 24058. Will I get a lower quote from outside, checked online with ICICI Lombard and it shows Rs 24400 odd. Can I get a lower quote from any other company?

Also the Floor mat being provided is a beige one that doesn't look so good, has anyone bought mats from outside?

Will probably take delivery either tomorrow or day after. Will post more later.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 19:35   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Now I have a question for owners. The insurance amount quoted is Rs 24058. Will I get a lower quote from outside, checked online with ICICI Lombard and it shows Rs 24400 odd. Can I get a lower quote from any other company?
Congrats on the car.

You may call the helplines of AIG, ICICI and other players and get a competitive quote. You Will definetly get a lower quote than the showroom. If at all you want to have the showroom match your quote, just get the quote from outside and show it to the showroom. They will match it most probably.

The only disadvantage of taking from outside is that in the unlikely event of needing to use insurance, you would have to pay upfront and then file claims with the company. The dealership insurance will offer you walk-in repairs.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 19:38   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Congrats on the car.

You may call the helplines of AIG, ICICI and other players and get a competitive quote. You Will definetly get a lower quote than the showroom. If at all you want to have the showroom match your quote, just get the quote from outside and show it to the showroom. They will match it most probably.

The only disadvantage of taking from outside is that in the unlikely event of needing to use insurance, you would have to pay upfront and then file claims with the company. The dealership insurance will offer you walk-in repairs.
Thanks Scorpio. Will check with a few players and confirm. I wouldn't mind paying upfront for repairs and claim provided I can save 4-5K by going outside.
Old 28th June 2012, 19:56   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Scorpio. Will check with a few players and confirm. I wouldn't mind paying upfront for repairs and claim provided I can save 4-5K by going outside.
Did some research

AIG 23,164
Baja Allianz - 27,001.
ICICI - 24,345

Hope this info helps
Old 28th June 2012, 20:02   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Completed the PDI of my vehicle at the Yard. Vehicle is a June manufactured one which was despatched from the factory on 26th june, so a freshly baked one......

Will probably take delivery either tomorrow or day after. Will post more later.

Royal Sundaram online quote 18074/- for ex showroom of 8.72Lakhs. (BLR-ZDi price)
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 22:06   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Did some research

AIG 23,164
Baja Allianz - 27,001.
ICICI - 24,345

Hope this info helps
Thanks. I checked ICICI too. These rates are more than those of the dealer, AIG is slightly lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Royal Sundaram online quote 18074/- for ex showroom of 8.72Lakhs. (BLR-ZDi price)
Wow that is a saving of 6K. Will call them and check.Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 08:43   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I checked ICICI too. These rates are more than those of the dealer, AIG is slightly lower.

Wow that is a saving of 6K. Will call them and check.Thanks
My suggestion- not to call them, as they might redirect you to agents.

The online quote is the figure mentioned, and i completed my payment online while taking delivery of our ZDi. If you have the engine and chassis number handy, generating the insurance copy takes 2mts max.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 09:41   #383
BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion- not to call them, as they might redirect you to agents.

The online quote is the figure mentioned, and i completed my payment online while taking delivery of our ZDi. If you have the engine and chassis number handy, generating the insurance copy takes 2mts max.
so true. and this is exactly what I did. saved some where from 4-8k for my vdi.
And all these quotes, are for the same royal sundaram insurance.

Yes, don't call any local office. they lied on face, claiming that dealer only can give a better negotiated price. Go on-line and create the account. royal sundaram call-center will contact you, and they will help in every way. Once you pay online, the policy will be sent to your email, immediately.

zero dep for ertiga vdi, came to 20k. non zero dep was, 17k.

Last edited by gkrishn : 29th June 2012 at 09:44.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 09:51   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki wrote the company has received about 45,000 bookings for the Ertiga since the launch in early April.
Quote:

The Ertiga is also making waves outside India. Indonesian Suzuki retailers are complaining that they are not allotted enough cars.
Quote:
The new Swift platform is very outgoing, as the Ertiga’s sister model Dzire is available in countries in South America and Africa. The Swift itself is having the time of its life, sitting pretty at the top of the sales chart of the Indian auto market.

Old 29th June 2012, 10:35   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post

Yes, don't call any local office. they lied on face, claiming that dealer only can give a better negotiated price. Go on-line and create the account. royal sundaram call-center will contact you, and they will help in every way. Once you pay online, the policy will be sent to your email, immediately.

Thanks gKrishn, I got a quote from RS, Basic - Rs 18389. Zero dep quote is Rs 21095. Either ways I save between 3K - 6K.

Do you think I should opt for Zero Dep?
Old 29th June 2012, 12:00   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks gKrishn, I got a quote from RS, Basic - Rs 18389. Zero dep quote is Rs 21095. Either ways I save between 3K - 6K.

Do you think I should opt for Zero Dep?
Zero dep makes sense, but basic is not bad either. Ultimately it boils down to frequency of claims made during the year. If there are any claims, then the 3k that you pay extra should help.

Usually deductibles under basic should not exceed 500-1000/- per claim.

Also, transferring your NCB (if available) should shave off another 4-5k from the 18.3k you have been quoted.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:51   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Zero dep makes sense, but basic is not bad either. Ultimately it boils down to frequency of claims made during the year. If there are any claims, then the 3k that you pay extra should help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post

Quote:
Did some research

AIG 23,164
Baja Allianz - 27,001.
ICICI - 24,345

Hope this info helps
Thanks all for your help. I finalised Royal Sundaram Basic policy and shaved off some Rs 5.5K. I will take delivery this evening. Will put in the savings to get some good accessories.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 19:24   #388
BHPian

Took delivery of my White VDI and came home just about an hour ago. I had booked a Zdi on 31-mar, and after hearing the 9 month waiting period from many others, reluctantly decided to switch to Vdi.

My initial observations:

- Clutch does not feel heavy for me, compared to my 3 year old Getz Petrol car. I am happy about this aspect. I hope clutch does not get heavier in future.

- Gear shifting is not smooth, especially shifting to 1st gear needed some effort. I hope this improves over period of time

- Steering is light

- I did not feel any noticeable turbo lag issue, with two people in car (including myself) and AC turned on. In fact, it did not feel much different from driving my Getz in traffic. I am driving a diesel car for first time and car never stalled in traffic.
1st gear is very short as noted by others. Had to upshift really soon. But 2nd gear seemed to manage from little above 1000 RPM.

- Engine noise is little more compared to my petrol, not bothersome at all. I havent revved the engine above 2500 RPM yet.

- Sitting position is very comfortable. I am 5'10" tall and I did not have to pull the seat all the way back to stretch my legs. There is decent amount of space behind me.

Delivery experience was good, but could have been better. I bought the car from Kalyani Motors, Nayandahalli near junction of Mysore road and Outer Ring Road.

I cant think of anything else right now. I still need to get used to some things in the car. I will try to create a ownership thread with photos as soon as I can.

Thanks to T-BHP community for the all the help I could gather including knowing about this car, PDI checklist, specific queries answered by fellow T-BHPians etc.

Last edited by mohan41 : 29th June 2012 at 19:26.
Old 29th June 2012, 19:27   #389
BHPian

Can any of the owners or prospective owners comment on the running costs of the Ertiga?

Like, how much average(Kpl) should one expect in a city like Chandigarh and on the highway?

I'm seriously considering the Ertiga over a sedan as I think that the running costs would be almost equal to that of the similarly priced sedans alongwith an added benefit of 5+2 seating. Not much of a high speed driver, so can happily live with whatever comprises I've to make on the dynamics front.

Since this is Maruti, so service costs shouldn't be much different from that of Swift/Dzire/Sx4, since they all share the same engine block, right? Rather, it seems to me that service/spare costs should be almost equivalent to that of SX4 as they share the same engine and possibly the transmission too. Can any of the current SX4 diesel owners comment on their running/service costs?

Thanks & Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
Old 29th June 2012, 19:45   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Took delivery of my White VDI and came home just about an hour ago. I had booked a Zdi on 31-mar, and after hearing the 9 month waiting period from many others, reluctantly decided to switch to Vdi.
Congrats buddy.
I am another soul here, who moved reluctantly from zdi to vdi. But now, after driving around of couple of weeks, not missing much.
Just upgrade the tyres, to 195 c-drive.

Quote:
- Clutch does not feel heavy for me, compared to my 3 year old Getz Petrol car. I am happy about this aspect. I hope clutch does not get heavier in future.

- Gear shifting is not smooth, especially shifting to 1st gear needed some effort. I hope this improves over period of time
My observation is exact opp. The clutch seems to be on heavier side. And the gear shift seems to be quite good.

Quote:
- I did not feel any noticeable turbo lag issue, with two people in car (including myself) and AC turned on. In fact, it did not feel much different from driving my Getz in traffic. I am driving a diesel car for first time and car never stalled in traffic.
1st gear is very short as noted by others. Had to upshift really soon. But 2nd gear seemed to manage from little above 1000 RPM.
yes, 2nd gear has a nice pull. 2/3 are gear for city. any open road, you need to make sure the landing zone for 4th is at 2k. if you keep it this way, then the car is breeze. Initially I struggled. Now getting more and more comfortable.

Quote:
Sitting position is very comfortable. I am 5'10" tall and I did not have to pull the seat all the way back to stretch my legs. There is decent amount of space behind me.
yes. for that height, the space in second row is pretty good, even with 3rd row fully folded down.

Quote:
Delivery experience was good, but could have been better. I bought the car from Kalyani Motors, Nayandahalli near junction of Mysore road and Outer Ring Road.
Tell me about it. My dealer is leo, indranagar. Though they did a good job, skimped on few things. at the time of delivery, the SA was getting nervous, as I asked him too many question. I also found that the mat they gave me is not MGA. But after pointing out all these things, the are fixing things one by one. Compared to my sundaram exp, leo is 100 times better.

Also, none of the MGA acc is still available. Wanted sill plates installed, as it was getting scrated a lot. This and even basic stuff like mats are not available.

BTW, did they give you the copy pdi document? When I asked about it, SA kept talking some nonsense. Couldn't manage to get that.

Last edited by gkrishn : 29th June 2012 at 19:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks