Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 13:58   #421
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

The clutch was pretty light in linea. actually, the moment I placed my leg on clutch pedal, it kind of sink-ed in with out any effort. Had to get used to it.

Also, since it is a seden, the seating was lower, and clutch depress angle for my knee was much better.

Steering, I guess it was not EPS, also felt better.
gkrishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 16:08   #422
BHPian

Thanks. How is the turbo lag comparison? Did you feel any surge in the power after 2000 RPM? I have felt it mildly in the Ertiga in whatever little driving on open roads that I could manage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
The clutch was pretty light in linea. actually, the moment I placed my leg on clutch pedal, it kind of sink-ed in with out any effort. Had to get used to it.

Also, since it is a seden, the seating was lower, and clutch depress angle for my knee was much better.

Steering, I guess it was not EPS, also felt better.
I hope it will not go OT if I bring up the matter of clutch depress. You seem to suggest that the lower the seat height the better for clutch depress. Does the lower seat make one feel the clutch being lighter?
Old 11th July 2012, 16:41   #423
BHPian

Ertiga Price Hike.

I am a person who booked Ertiga ZDI on the first day of launch.

Today Sales executive called up and said about the price difference. Iam confused if i should pay 22K for alloy wheel or save 5.5K by loosing it. Does it make sense to buy Alloys from open market? Friends please help.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:47   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
Ertiga Price Hike.

Today Sales executive called up and said about the price difference. Iam confused if i should pay 22K for alloy wheel or save 5.5K by loosing it. Does it make sense to buy Alloys from open market? Friends please help.
If you are looking to spice your car, you should consider getting after market alloys. You will get branded alloys in the 18k-25k range. Also, have heard that OEM alloys are heavy. One more thing, replacing OEM alloys in the future will be expensive (not the complete set but 1-2 alloys). I had a similar experience when I used a Fiesta few years back.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 11th July 2012 at 16:49. Reason: More information
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 17:01   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I hope it will not go OT if I bring up the matter of clutch depress. You seem to suggest that the lower the seat height the better for clutch depress. Does the lower seat make one feel the clutch being lighter?
No, the clutch in itself was lighter. depress angle, because you sit low, made the whole operation more convenient.
Old 11th July 2012, 17:28   #426
Senior - BHPian

A white VDi has been delivered a couple of days back in our colony. I must say that Ertiga looks really good in white - compared to the pale blue that is seen commonly (and also in the advt. on TV).
The paint job and the fit-finish from outside are very good and comparable to other 8-10 lac cars.
However, I am curious to know what are those people going to do who have been informed about the 9 month waiting period. Are they going to wait this long?
Old 12th July 2012, 11:45   #427
BHPian

roof carriers.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-roof.jpg
does any thing like this, available in india? that mesh wire, that bag holding the luggage. and those low profile roof rails.
any thing like this?
This is a pic of my friend's vw sharan, in taiwan.
Old 12th July 2012, 14:29   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Ertiga Price Hike.

I suggest you go for the ZDi minus alloys. You can get good alloys of you choice for 20-25k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
A white VDi has been delivered a couple of days back in our colony. I must say that Ertiga looks really good in white - compared to the pale blue that is seen commonly (and also in the advt. on TV).
The paint job and the fit-finish from outside are very good and comparable to other 8-10 lac cars.
However, I am curious to know what are those people going to do who have been informed about the 9 month waiting period. Are they going to wait this long?
Granite Grey looks best on Ertiga followed by Dusky brown, Silver, White, Red, Beige and Serene blue IMHO. I am ruing the fact that I did not opt for Granite Grey
Old 13th July 2012, 07:45   #429

Such a details review of Ertiga.. thanks Vid6639.
Really very very detailed report about vehicle.
You deserve 5 star...
Old 13th July 2012, 11:20   #430
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know who's the head of design at Suzuki? Especially I would like to know the chief exterior designer of the Ertiga.
Old 15th July 2012, 11:34   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Anyone know who's the head of design at Suzuki? Especially I would like to know the chief exterior designer of the Ertiga.
I dont know the answer to your question but curious about the question itself. Have you found some issues in the exterior design?
Old 15th July 2012, 19:34   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41

I dont know the answer to your question but curious about the question itself. Have you found some issues in the exterior design?
My reason for asking was in appreciation of its design. Every time I look at an Ertiga it just makes me go wow! Simple yet catchy, a design characteristic that's tough to achieve.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:18   #433
BANNED

Quote:
Ertiga Price Hike.

OEM alloys are anyday better than an after market one .. I suggest you stick to the OEM alloys ... in my opinion, steel rims with stylish wheel caps don't look that bad either !
Old 16th July 2012, 21:11   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel
My reason for asking was in appreciation of its design. Every time I look at an Ertiga it just makes me go wow! Simple yet catchy, a design characteristic that's tough to achieve.
Indeed a good job done by the design folks. Hats off to them and we forgive the Estilo/Ritz/A-Star and other such nightmares from them.

BTW I drove through a small town in Kerala called Tiruvalla last Saturday and spotted around 8 Ertigas in 1 hour - all of them in white or silver. Which is more than the number of Ertigas spotted by me in Chennai since it was launched. Mallus are partial to diesel and I guess the combination of carrying 7 in a small package with great FE and the national engine, seems to tick all the boxes.

I used to think light-blue looks best but after all these spottings, Silver leads in looks currently.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 23:58   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
You are right that the Ertiga is catchy.

However, I sometimes wonder why they could not stretch the rear overhang a little more to give us some more boot space. Another 10-15cm would have taken the length to around 4365-4415mm which is still not too large, most sedans are in that range (lengthwise).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks