Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 00:48   #631
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Requesting all Ertiga Owners to check for the rear wheel Caster values, I have checked four new vehicles and have foud all of them to be abnormal. This will ensure the rear left wheel is worn out more on the inner side and will compromise the safety on the car.....

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th October 2012 at 23:38. Reason: Removing number, Please share the full info on the thread for the benefit of our Members, thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 16:08   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
Requesting all Ertiga Owners to check for the rear wheel Caster values, I have checked four new vehicles and have foud all of them to be abnormal. This will ensure the rear left wheel is worn out more on the inner side and will compromise the safety on the car.....
Could you please clarify what you mean here? Are you referring to the Caster angle? If yes, is it -ve or +ve and what it should be? If possible, please explain with a small diagram. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th October 2012 at 23:40. Reason: Editing quoted post, thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 13:09   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
Isn't this a matter serious enough to draw the attention of Maruti Ltd. Pardon me, as I am not very technically literate. Could this be explained in a lay man's language? I am anxious to know what it means and what can happen.
Old 12th October 2012, 11:34   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
Isn't this a matter serious enough to draw the attention of Maruti Ltd. Pardon me, as I am not very technically literate. Could this be explained in a lay man's language? I am anxious to know what it means and what can happen.
In simple terms, get the wheel alignment done.

I have had a bearing problem on my swift and in just couple of thousand kms, my rear tyre inner tread was worn out much faster.

But it is not clear in this case if the issue is due to alignment problem or there is something else !!

Require technical detail
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 16:07   #635
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My parents in Kolkata are planning to book an Ertiga. The car will mostly be chauffer driven and in the chaotic traffic of kolkata. The sliding second row liberating great leg room and relative easy of entry/exit is of prime importance.

Another reason for choosing this is the occasional requirement of 7 seats when the family gather once - twice a year.

Initially they were thinking about a Zdi, but since the running will be at max 10k kms a year, We will be switching to Zxi.

Anyone aware of any deals/freebies i could ask for? what the current waiting for the model in Kolkata.
Old 12th October 2012, 16:17   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Hi Guys,

My parents in Kolkata are planning to book an Ertiga. The car will mostly be chauffer driven and in the chaotic traffic of kolkata. The sliding second row liberating great leg room and relative easy of entry/exit is of prime importance.

Another reason for choosing this is the occasional requirement of 7 seats when the family gather once - twice a year.

Initially they were thinking about a Zdi, but since the running will be at max 10k kms a year, We will be switching to Zxi.

Anyone aware of any deals/freebies i could ask for? what the current waiting for the model in Kolkata.
Unfortunately for the Ertiga there are no freebies (typical Maruti Suzuki!). You can try and push your dealer but I don't think there will be a positive response. At least you should get the car sooner than ZDi
Old 12th October 2012, 17:15   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
At least you should get the car sooner than ZDi
Surprisingly, thats not the case. Atleast in Kolkata. I enquired with a couple of dealers and both are quoting a waiting for 2 months for both the ZXI and the ZDI.

i max i have managed is foot mats and mud flaps. Insurance to be taken outside.
Old 12th October 2012, 20:49   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp

Surprisingly, thats not the case. Atleast in Kolkata. I enquired with a couple of dealers and both are quoting a waiting for 2 months for both the ZXI and the ZDI.
Just 2 months for ZDI? ABT Maruti in Trichy says 6-8 MONTHS!
Old 12th October 2012, 22:21   #639
BHPian

Quote:

i max i have managed is foot mats and mud flaps. Insurance to be taken outside.
Mud flaps is standard on Zxi/Zdi. So if the dealer is saying he is giving mud flaps as freebie, he is trying to play a trick. So bargain for some more freebies
Old 12th October 2012, 22:28   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76

Mud flaps is standard on Zxi/Zdi. So if the dealer is saying he is giving mud flaps as freebie, he is trying to play a trick. So bargain for some more freebies
Thanks. Will try and speak. Had tried bargaining for tints/coating etc but was flatly refused. The disadvantage of buying a hugely popular car.

A quick question, the OTR price difference between zdi and zxi is about 1.5 Lakhs. Suppose I sell the car after 5 yrs, how much of this can be recovered in the resale. I expect some 30%. So with similar specs, a think a zdi will fetch about 45000 more than the zxi. Is this a fair assumption?
Old 13th October 2012, 07:56   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Quote:
Thanks. Will try and speak. Had tried bargaining for tints/coating etc but was flatly refused. The disadvantage of buying a hugely popular car.
Not just zdi, even for vdi the mud flaps are body coloured and came factory fitted.
Old 13th October 2012, 21:55   #642
BHPian

Maruti has increased the ex showroom prices of all variants of Ertiga by around 5k this month. The revised prices have been updated in MarutiErtiga website.
Old 14th October 2012, 21:25   #643
Senior - BHPian

Our Ertiga did a Cochin-Bangalore-Cochin trip which crossed 2700 kms by end of the drive. We were three adults and two kids, about 300kg total load. Drove at 80-120 comfortably but can do occasional 140 without much effort. The happiest part is it returned an overall diesel FE of 19.5kmpl with 100% ac.

Only concern is the gear shift which is not falling in slot properly especially if directly shifting from fifth to third
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 22:10   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Our Ertiga did a Cochin-Bangalore-Cochin trip which crossed 2700 kms by end of the drive. We were three adults and two kids, about 300kg total load. Drove at 80-120 comfortably but can do occasional 140 without much effort. The happiest part is it returned an overall diesel FE of 19.5kmpl with 100% ac.

Only concern is the gear shift which is not falling in slot properly especially if directly shifting from fifth to third
Happy to read your report! The gear shifts slot smoother with more mileage. Mine is 11,000 kms now and slotting is smoother than before. The fuel efficiency is the best bit! Usually a MPV will transport more people comfortably at the cost of mileage. But Ertiga aces both on mileage and as a people carrier. Best of both worlds!
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 19:12   #645
BHPian

Our Zdi completed 7k kms., recently did a 700km drive from Bangalore-Hunsur-Virajpet-Alakode (Kannur Dt) and back. 19.29kmpl while going and 18kmpl on the return leg. (tankful to tankful method) 2 pax+luggage. Constant 90-100kmph, with couple of bursts touching 135kmph.

Prior to this, completed second service at 5800kms, told MASS about low mileage (was getting 17kmpl prior to service). Happy with the mileage now

Have upgraded to 100w bulbs with wiring /holders as well, but not happy with the beam spread and distance. Any suggestions?

Last edited by xotiq : 15th October 2012 at 19:13.

Most Viewed