Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 00:58   #691
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Rest assured that MSIL are really struggling to meet the demand and NOT deliberately using some false marketing gimmick to create an artificial demand as inferred by some people.
Though I am quoting swiftdiesel here,this question is more or less directed to every body for their valuable inputs.Is there a delay now in petrol Maruti all of a sudden,or is it because of the fiasco in Manesar plant ? One of my colleagues had booked a petrol Swift Dzire about 2 months back here in Kolkata , but the dealer is yet to hand over his car, saying there would be another months waiting atleast !!
I have booked my Ertiga ZDi in June 2012, when I was given in writing that there is a 9 months waiting period. Till today I have been called three times by my dealer. First time the color did not match,although it was a ZDi. Then next time they offered me a VDi, which I declined. Third time, they offered me a ZDi without alloys. Again I said no.

Quote:
Climate control is NOT on their "to do" list as the entire set up will shoot the cost up and spoil the VFM positioning.
Even if MSIL says stuff about VFM, vis-a-vis Ertiga ZDi, do you personally believe it. Although I have booked it, I feel its a tad overpriced, considering the equipments levels. Even lesser priced cars offer blutooth connectivity and ACC nowadays. If we compare a 10 lakh Hyundai sedan with the top end diesel Ertiga, equipment levels in the Maruti would be far less. People who are prepared to pay around 10 lakhs OTR price for a car, won't be really looking for something VFM. If somebody was looking for sunroof or 10 speakers or 8 airbags, then it would have been understood. A simple blutooth connectivity or ACC would have increased the cost by how much ??

Quote:
I didn't ask about Bluetooth as I personally don't use it. But a separate Bluetooth accessory is available at all dealerships to sync with the music system on the ZXI/ZDI. This is a Maruti Genuine accessory.
Thanks for this info though buddy.
ultimatechamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 10:55   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Has Ertiga been rated by any car safety rating agency yet? Just got curious of this once I saw few pics of an Ertiga crash in Accidents in India thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2962872 . The damage to passenger shell is bit worrying.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 11:29   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Has Ertiga been rated by any car safety rating agency yet? Just got curious of this once I saw few pics of an Ertiga crash in Accidents in India thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2962872 . The damage to passenger shell is bit worrying.
Really scary and sorry for the driver and his family. It is clear he was overspeeding and looks like car did a nose dive below the bridge and landed on its face at pretty high speed.

Not sure if any car can survive such plunge. but did it leave the road due to any stability issue ?

Also wondering if Airbags could prevent fatality in this case. not sure !!!!
Old 16th November 2012, 11:36   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
It is clear he was overspeeding and looks like car did a nose dive below the bridge and landed on its face at pretty high speed.
Also wondering if Airbags could prevent fatality in this case. not sure !!!!
Yes, looks like a high speed impact compounded with the fall below the bridge. However what I was wondering was why would the engine bay cave in to passenger shell.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:09   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas
Yes, looks like a high speed impact compounded with the fall below the bridge. However what I was wondering was why would the engine bay cave in to passenger shell.
Depends on the speed of impact plus g forces since it was flying before it hit ground. You can see the wheels being dislocated too.

I am getting goose bumps even typing this message. Really sad
Old 16th November 2012, 20:38   #696
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Looking at the following pricing(EX-SHOWROOM) on Ertiga's site, one thing puzzles me greatly. The Ertiga ZDi with alloys is about ~25k costlier than without alloys. And the Ertiga ZXi with alloys is about ~20k costlier than without alloys.

How can the alloys on the ZDI be costlier than the ones on ZXI, just because one is a diesel and other is petrol???

If I were to buy a ZDi Ertiga, I would tell the dealer to fit alloys from the ZXi on the ZDI and save 5k.

Can someone explain this day light robbery attempt?

ZDi(Alloys)-ZDi(No alloys) = 25,539/-

ZXi(Alloys)-ZXi(No alloys) = 20,431/-

Attachment 954075
I think I can explain the "daylight robbery"

The Ex-Showroom price consists of Base Price +Taxes

If the Base Price is lower then the taxes would be lower as well.
The ZXI is cheaper and thus attracts lesser Taxes.
while the reverse is true for ZDI variant
Old 17th November 2012, 00:21   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Very very scary indeed.
2 questions that come to mind are - is that a non-ABS version ? Is that a top end model with SRS Airbags ?
Old 17th November 2012, 14:07   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp

Very very scary indeed.
2 questions that come to mind are - is that a non-ABS version ? Is that a top end model with SRS Airbags ?
I think all variants have abs as standard in diesel. For petrol its only on high end
Old 17th November 2012, 22:51   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend is at the verge of booking a petrol Ertiga. But I have asked him to wait for a 2013 manufactured model. The SA quoted 45 days waiting period & says 2012 chassis is going to be used till 2013 March and after that only 2013 manufactured vehicles will be delivered.

Any substance in this claim? I think he is bluffing to close the deal soon.
Old 17th November 2012, 23:03   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My friend is at the verge of booking a petrol Ertiga. But I have asked him to wait for a 2013 manufactured model. The SA quoted 45 days waiting period & says 2012 chassis is going to be used till 2013 March and after that only 2013 manufactured vehicles will be delivered.

Of-course he is bluffing. Showroom guys don't have any clue about the happenings at the factory. They will say anything that comes to their mind to close a deal. Is he claiming to know the exact number of chasis and how long they will last, given that these cars can go to any part of INDIA.

Ask your friend to book his car in DECEMBER 1st/2nd week so that he can plan to take delivery by PONGAL or REPUBLIC DAY.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 23:59   #701
BHPian

Quote:

Undoubtedly, the SA is bluffing. Don't go by the SA's words. Just as an example, my SA was lying through his teeth from day one until registration of my Ertiga. I'm yet to see a decent SA (going by my recent car/bike buying experiences for myself and my friends) in the Automobile industry :(
Old 19th November 2012, 07:43   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki moves to second position(Sept &Oct) in the UV segmant after M&M

Quote:
With the launch on Ertiga, Maruti invented the mini crossover MPV segment in India and never looked back. The 7 seat people mover created such an an impact that Maruti is struggling to plug the demand-supply gap despite running at full capacity
In the months of September and October, Maruti pushed back Toyota to become the second largest UV seller in India. However, considering the first seven months’ sales figures, Toyota is still ahead MSIL but the ever increasing demand for the Ertiga means Maruti has a fair chance of beating Toyota to the second place.

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/11/m...h-ertiga-54960
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 07:55   #703
BHPian

Quote:

I heard the same from the SA at Pratham, Bangalore when I went along with my friend. He said that the 2012 model cars can go on till 2013 March. He was quoting some court ruling. I did not understand what it meant. Would like to hear more about this.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 11:16   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Would say its a case of SA trying to push his monthly sales figures. If you compare what SA said and what volkman10 mentioned in post 702 you can catch the bluff. For a model which has a waiting period of around 3 months there is no way car manufactured in Dec 12 is going to take 6 months to reach its customer. Give a delay of around 3 weeks for a car to come out of factory and reach customer.
Old 19th November 2012, 12:09   #705
BANNED

Saw it in yesterday's Delhi Times of The Times of India. Perhaps the first diesel car with discount. Even if it is exchange bonus which wasn't available even in the outgoing Swift. Is Ertiga feeling the heat? Is it precursor to further discounts in the future?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga.jpg  

Most Viewed