Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2012, 01:16   #781
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
May i know did anyone receive anything similiar ? I actually booked my car (Zdi with alloys) Sept 6th & last week i was told the car is alloted (zdi with steel wheels) & paid in full for it yesterday. Im awaiting car arrival at stock yard & probably tomorrow / Monday will get it registered.
Why am i getting this message now ? Does this mean the dealer actually books the car on full payment ? Confused .. any one here with same / similar experience. ?
Although I had booked my Ertiga ZDi with alloys in June,2012, I was told by my dealer that the car is available only yesterday. But my friend booked a VDi after me and got it about 2-3 months back. Also as of now, ZDi without alloys are the hottest selling piece of machinery from the Ertiga stable, as because dealers keep on telling the story told to them in turn by Maruti that , when one would get a ZDi with alloys nobody knows, so customers please do get a ZDi without alloys !! Its not customers interest they are looking at but the dealer's own interest as they get commission on cars sold by them , and the more they sell any product and faster, it is better for them.

And I never got any sms till date from anybody.

Beats me firstly, why on Earth did you pay when the car is yet to arrive at the stock yard ? Let it come there,go and do a PDI yourself taking help of Team-BHP PDI check list, then only after making doubly sure that your would-be car is ok,make a payment and take all receipts.Secondly, if you had booked one with alloys, you must be having some reason for that. Why then you settled for one with steel rims ? They asked me to accept the same, and I was in absolutely no hurry, so told them to get back to me only if they have a Ertiga with alloys. They got to me in 7 days saying a similar coloured ZDi with alloys have been also despatched by the company. This time I said Yes !

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I hear that the diesel Ertiga is available immediately for delivery once full payment is done (by self or through loan) nowadays. Why did you have to wake for 3+ months for its delivery? Conversely, looks like the actual booking & delivery was done only when you paid them (going in line with what I mentioned). Was the longer booking period specifically for ZDi version? (I can confirm of immediate delivery for for VDi model since I know someone who purchased recently).
Longer booking period is only for ZDi and that too for ones which comes with OEM alloys. This has been discussed so many times here in this thread already.

It is quite obvious that delivery would be ONLY after full payment to the dealer (what ever route and source of funding that may be ). Booking is something different, one can book for any amount ranging from 10k to 100k , but that is booking only. For final delivery , one has to clear the entire amount first, otherwise why the dealer would give you the keys ??

Quote:
One thing i understood was irrespective of vehicle demand & waiting period there are people who still refuse to take delivery at the end of the year. So vehicles alloted for those ppl who booked & refused to take delivery in Dec are being alloted to others in the list or to Walkin customers.
True. Even I have told them that I want my vehicle registered only in 2013, and not end of this year. They said, fine,no problem, but obviously I have to clear all payments now and wait for the Registration to be done in 2013. They will keep the car in their stockyard. No issues with me as it is their responsibility and they do the cleaning before bringing it to showroom for the actual delivery process.

Quote:
As we near end of the year im sure if demanded we will get discounts upto 25k even for diesel Ertiga (during last two days of the year) as the dealer can't sit on 2012 model in 2013.
I personally do not think so and because of the heavy demand till date for the diesel Ertigas, MSIL and its dealers have not declared a single penny as discount for any Ertiga variants !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recallers View Post
Looks and Styling

..and the rear has some similarity to the honda jazz.
This has been an often harped stuff on the net. IMO these two cars are very different and discussion as to what part of one looks like what part of the other does not merit any points as looks are very much subjective. So one may find Ertiga a brilliant looker and the very next guy may find it rather revolting.

Quote:
There is a face lifted ertiga coming sometime next year which gives me some relief.
But the face lifted one looks much better.

What is the source of these information my friend ? Have you already seen the "face lifted " Ertiga ? How do you know it looks much better ?

Quote:
Love the front and second row seats, push back the front seats and then you have acres of space left in the middle row
Push back or pull forward the front seats to open up second row space ??
Or would it be push-back the second row seats all the way, to open up space in the second row ?!!

Quote:
The Maruti Ertiga can achieve a mileage of 30 kmpl if one's driving at 60 kmph in the 5th gear and under the 2000 rpm mark.

Have you tried it yourself ? What is the source of this bit of information as well ? Why MSIL does not brag about this '30 kmpl' achievement ??

Quote:
But if your are looking for some powerful suv's, you may consider the duster or the Xuv 500.
Ertiga is not a SUV and thus any comparison with Duster/ XUV is waste of time.
ultimatechamp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 20:04   #782
BHPian

I have attached the picture.do have a look at it.i hope you are shell shocked at the moment.
Now about the facelift,even though maruti didn't officially announce a facelift,i did get some really valuable information that maruti designers are now working on this.
Things which are certain to happen.
The last row would now get folding seats.50:50
automatic climate control
Change in the interior and exterior.(minor changes most probably )
My expectation
Change in heart (maybe a t jet or an mjd engine)
Little more legroom and headroom in the 3rd row.
A.c. vents for the rd3rd row passengers
A 220 ltr or more boot space would be satisfactory.
I haven't seen it with my naked eye.i just have some pics.
*sorry that was a typing error.(push forward )
*that was my personal opinion on the similarities between the two cars and i never put this into debate.i respect your view but there are similarities here my friend.
There are some buyers who want either a funky suv like the xuv or a family mpv like the ertiga.comparing cars are never a waste of time.even if they are in a slightly different category.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20121215_111041.jpg  

Old 16th December 2012, 18:34   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have attached the picture.do have a look at it.i hope you are shell shocked at the moment.
Now about the facelift,even though maruti didn't officially announce a facelift,i did get some really valuable information that maruti designers are now working on this.
Things which are certain to happen.
The last row would now get folding seats.50:50
automatic climate control
Change in the interior and exterior.(minor changes most probably )
I've already posted on the impending facelift in the following link a couple of weeks back: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-46.html

Regarding the 30 kmpl claim, I checked out your picture. I presume you were in 5th gear at 1100 RPM at about 40 kmph? Correct me if I'm wrong but that speed in the real world is practically impossible let alone the engine lugging! To me it seems like you were just letting the idle RPM at 5th gear propel the car.
Old 16th December 2012, 19:53   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I've already posted on the impending facelift in the following link a couple of weeks back: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-46.html

Regarding the 30 kmpl claim, I checked out your picture. I presume you were in 5th gear at 1100 RPM at about 40 kmph? Correct me if I'm wrong but that speed in the real world is practically impossible let alone the engine lugging! To me it seems like you were just letting the idle RPM at 5th gear propel the car.
Actually this pic was taken when i was slowing down.The ertiga can achieve a mileage of 30 kmpl with the above specifications (60 kmph in 5th gear with the rpm between 1500 to 2000 ).From this pic it appears so but actually i did keep my foot on the pedal.
Old 16th December 2012, 20:13   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah,that's true.30 kmph is the maximum kmpl shown by Ertiga MID. I have tested this many times. In 5th gear, at 1500-1800 RPM and 70-80 kmph, it will be showing 30kmpl. This value will differ as you accelerate/decelerate. I hope this is just a live mileage shown according to the Engine RPM. The actual mileage will not be anywhere near to this.
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 14:48   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Yeah,that's true.30 kmph is the maximum kmpl shown by Ertiga MID. I have tested this many times. In 5th gear, at 1500-1800 RPM and 70-80 kmph, it will be showing 30kmpl. This value will differ as you accelerate/decelerate. I hope this is just a live mileage shown according to the Engine RPM. The actual mileage will not be anywhere near to this.
Well this the avg mileage.Look closely its written AVG 30 KMPL and not the real time mileage.As a matter of fact the ford fiesta too gets around 35 kmpl if you're driving with the above specifications.
Old 17th December 2012, 21:35   #787
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried changing the air filter in a ertiga diesel? I would like a DIY job on mine so that I don't waste time at MASS. If possible a pictorial explanation would be great! Thanks!
Old 17th December 2012, 21:45   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried changing the air filter in a ertiga diesel? I would like a DIY job on mine so that I don't waste time at MASS. If possible a pictorial explanation would be great! Thanks!

Thats a great idea. Please update this thread once you post it in DIY section.
Old 17th December 2012, 22:56   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post

Thats a great idea. Please update this thread once you post it in DIY section.
Actually I'm myself waiting for someone to show me how it's done! If I manage to do it after that, sure pics will be up here.
Old 18th December 2012, 08:01   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel

Actually I'm myself waiting for someone to show me how it's done! If I manage to do it after that, sure pics will be up here.
But why are you planning to change the air filter? Are you planning a tuning box as well?
Old 18th December 2012, 08:47   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post

But why are you planning to change the air filter? Are you planning a tuning box as well?
I drive in a very dusty environment and that's why I want to keep the intake clean. A new filter costs just 400, so I feel it's good to change every 5000 kms.

I'm not up for the tuning box yet. I would like to hear it's limitations to take an informed decision.
Old 18th December 2012, 12:25   #792
BHPian

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-errrrrrrrrrr.jpg
That's how we blend in our weapons.
An Avg sized Drum kit+3 guitars(2 electric and a base)+3 amplifiers.
In detail
Mapex Voyager Drum kit with 2 crashes,1 ride and a hi hat.
Crashes(16" sabian and paiste 16")
Ride(18"zildjian panet z)
Basic heavy duty cymbal stands for the crashes.(2)
Mapex cymbal stand (2).
In line 6 amplifiers (2).
yamaha amplifier (1).
yamaha electric
ibanez electric
rolf Base
This is what you call space utilization.

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th December 2012 at 13:46. Reason: Back to back posts.
Recallers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 13:38   #793
BHPian

just curious to know Which road in cochin is it possible to keep that speed and gear to maintain 30.0 kmpl?
We have seen that figures for a short while during highway drives immediately after resetting the average mileage display.

Practically in Trivandrum's city roads + highway (60:40) we are getting only 15.5kmpl on a average ( full tank to full tank). whereas my average as per the MID is 17 + kmpl when reset the average mileage display along with trip meter.

Quote:
Well this the avg mileage.Look closely its written AVG 30 KMPL and not the real time mileage.As a matter of fact the ford fiesta too gets around 35 kmpl if you're driving with the above specifications.
vinodv001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 13:58   #794
BHPian

Mod team note: Back to back posts, please await moderator approval and edit original post. Thanks

Inside the city you'll get a max mileage of 16 to 17kmpl and this pc is taken somewhere outside the city limits. It's practically not possible to drive @60 kmph And that pic was taken only for educational purposes .

Driving at 60 kmph to maintain an avg mileage of 30kmpl in cochin is impossible. Besides, the above picture was captured out on the highway with less traffic.
Note :The above picture is only for educational purposes.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th December 2012 at 14:34. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 23:01   #795
BHPian

I have a question to owners of Ertiga DDiS owners. From the beginning of owning the car, I hear a whistle whenever I am accelerating and reach close to 2000RPM in 3rd/4th/5th gears. I believe this is the turbo whistle sound and I used to think this is normal. But a friend of mine who owns a Swift DDiS (new Swift) recently drove my car and told me he never heard this sound in his car. Now I wonder whether the whistle in my car being audible is abnormal. I dont find anything else in the car abnormal such as the pickup or fuel efficiency. I have not driven or sat in another Ertiga to be sure. The only other diesel car I have ever driven is a Figo in which I had never heard the turbo whistle. Would like to hear experience of others on the forum. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by mohan41 : 18th December 2012 at 23:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks