Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2013, 12:21   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
The Ertiga is reported to have captured a 16% market share in Indonesia. In fact, Suzuki Indonesia sold 34,074 units of the Ertiga from May – December 2012. Its main rival, the Toyota Avanza is currently the Number 1 selling car in Indonesia at 192,146 units being sold in 2012.
Quote:

To give a perspective of the Ertiga’s sales, Maruti Suzuki sold in India 59,467 units of its family mover since launch

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 17:42   #932
Senior - BHPian

Wishlist in the Ertiga Anniversary edition

Wishlist in the Ertiga Anniversary edition:

Friends, come April 2013 & the Ertiga would be completing one year since its launch last April. The LUV has come a long way & I am pretty sure that most of the owners are very happy with the car. But if we wanted just that extra bit, more bang for our buck, what would be your additions to the existing features that you would like MSIL to come up with in their anniversary edition. I am writing down below my thoughts (in the descending order of importance). Please add your bits to the list:
  1. 50:50 split, folding 3rd row of seats
  2. Centre arm rest
  3. A/C vents for 3rd row of seats
  4. Auto Climate Control
  5. Bluetooth connectivity
  6. Auto-folding ORVMs
  7. Telescopic steering
  8. Inbuilt reverse camera
  9. One touch up driver & co-driver windows
Old 9th February 2013, 18:01   #933
BHPian

I would really love Ertiga more, if she features[*] Projector lamps.[*] A preety good looking front fog lamps (like the fluidic verna and i20)[*] Voice recognized music system.[*] In dash LCD with video playback facility.
Old 9th February 2013, 21:58   #934
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Wishlist in the Ertiga Anniversary edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
  2. Auto Climate Control
Frankly these two are what I think, may come up with a face lift. Some of the stuffs may not come along with it coz they need more engineering (AC vents on third row), and some I do NOT see offered on products sharing the parts bin (reverse cam, bluetooth etc). Though you have mentioned that these belong to your wishlist, I don't think they will bother about an anniversary edition now, until they start seeing some immediate threat.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2013, 22:47   #935
BHPian

Re: Wishlist in the Ertiga Anniversary edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

2. Centre arm rest
  3. A/C vents for 3rd row of seats
  4. Auto Climate Control
  5. Bluetooth connectivity
  6. Auto-folding ORVMs
  7. Telescopic steering
  8. Inbuilt reverse camera
  9. One touch up driver & co-driver windows
you missed one sore point - OEM headlights
Old 12th February 2013, 19:18   #936
BHPian

Wishing that that MSL do not increase the prices! Have been stuck between Duster, Ertiga and Ecosport. Ertiga is winning as Zdi is superbly kitted, potential 7 seater and MSL service network is way ahead of Renault. It also has over one lakh price advantage for comparable Duster model (Not in the same league so a technical and one to one comparison not done - just based on my individual needs).

My wishlist:
- Ecosport diesel launches with comparable kit at more or less same pricing
- And MSL start giving tax year end deals in March and also under pressure from Ecosport.

Current Zdi pricing is 8.7 lacs ex showroom Gurgaon with 40k discounts (15k cash and 25k exchange). If this increases in March to say include a free insurance ~ total of 60 - 65k offer we might be able to get Ertiga Zdi at ~ 8.5 lacs ON ROAD which sounds like a very very good proposition!

And we can pick and choose or negotiate after taking a look at Ecosport review and pricing!

Regards
Anand
adtalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 20:01   #937
BHPian

Hi, does anyone know if it is a simple task or even possible to get captain seats in Ertiga's middle row? Perhaps the front seats?
Old 13th February 2013, 00:06   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtalwar View Post
Hi, does anyone know if it is a simple task or even possible to get captain seats in Ertiga's middle row? Perhaps the front seats?
Should NOT be a big deal if you get hold of a good fabricator. But none of those petrol heads are gonna approve this as there will be safety concerns of such after market installations.
Old 13th February 2013, 13:24   #939
Senior - BHPian

Just back from my 20k service. The total bill? A mind boggling wallet heavy hand numbing 10,000 rupees! This is just service with no faults. The cost of replacements (filters & fluids) is 8800 and labour 1400. Nitrogen top up is 50.

MSIL has issued a circular to strictly use only synthetic oil on all diesel models. Personally verified the circular from MSIL.

No more 20k interval change. All synthetic engine oils compulsorily changed at 10k kms. This is done to avoid premature turbo failure according to MSIL. Mobil 1 is the brand recommended by MSIL. Now you know where that money has gone!

Serviced at ABT guindy. As always the service quality was top notch. No appointment required! Drove in this morning at 8 30; waited in the AC lounge looking at my car having some coffee. Used the free internet. Got my car back at 11 30 flat. That's just 3 hours for top notch service, wash, wax and polish.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 13th February 2013 at 13:27.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 13:39   #940
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Just back from my 20k service. The total bill? A mind boggling wallet heavy hand numbing 10,000 rupees! This is just service with no faults. The cost of replacements (filters & fluids) is 8800 and labour 1400. Nitrogen top up is 50.

MSIL has issued a circular to strictly use only synthetic oil on all diesel models. Personally verified the circular from MSIL.

No more 20k interval change. All synthetic engine oils compulsorily changed at 10k kms. This is done to avoid premature turbo failure according to MSIL. Mobil 1 is the brand recommended by MSIL. Now you know where that money has gone!...
One more solid reason for me to avoid Maruti cars in future. This is daylight robbery. When Fiat themselves carry out a 15K interval for their engine, why Maruti is doing it at 10K?! I believe Maruti doesn't have good profits on the sales, they are trying to make up on the service. I actually saw this coming, they have the volume advantage, now keep milking the customers!
Old 13th February 2013, 13:44   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

One more solid reason for me to avoid Maruti cars in future. This is daylight robbery. When Fiat themselves carry out a 15K interval for their engine, why Maruti is doing it at 10K?! I believe Maruti doesn't have good profits on the sales, they are trying to make up on the service. I actually saw this coming, they have the volume advantage, now keep milking the customers!
As you rightly said elsewhere servicing an Innova is cheaper than this! I'm forgiving because I love the product and hate service bills.
Old 13th February 2013, 14:43   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Wow thats a sizeable amount. BTB what was the amount spent on 10K service. My vehicle is nearing the 10K mark and wanted to understand what I should expect as a bill, since there will be an Oil change at 10K?
Old 13th February 2013, 15:39   #943
BHPian

Even the 'obelix' Fortuner service costs are less! Significantly less!

Oh boy this has got me thinking about Ertiga's ownership cost over 3-5 years. And my humble 2005 Baleno with runs up a bill of around 2K only.. sigh! At 1lac+ kms this is still a great car to own. Cant believe MSL car costs this much to maintain.
Old 13th February 2013, 16:07   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just back from my 20k service. The total bill? A mind boggling wallet heavy hand numbing 10,000 rupees! This is just service with no faults. The cost of replacements (filters & fluids) is 8800 and labour 1400. Nitrogen top up is 50...
Could you post the break up please? Would like to know what really too the cost to these levels. At the max, I would have looked at a 8.5K bill for a 20K service.
Old 13th February 2013, 16:39   #945
BHPian

Quote:

No more 20k interval change. All synthetic engine oils compulsorily changed at 10k kms. This is done to avoid premature turbo failure according to MSIL. Mobil 1 is the brand recommended by MSIL. Now you know where that money has gone!

Serviced at ABT guindy. As always the service quality was top notch. No appointment required! Drove in this morning at 8 30; waited in the AC lounge looking at my car having some coffee. Used the free internet. Got my car back at 11 30 flat. That's just 3 hours for top notch service, wash, wax and polish.
I have already mentioned this in another thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...5w40-5w40.html

I know some authorized service centers in Bangalore which says you can use mineral oil during services even though company is secretly pushing its dealers to enforce customers to use fully synthetic oil.

But in Kerala situation is the other way. Dealers are enforcing us to use full synthetic oil and they say you have to change it every 20K on odo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks