Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 12:20   #1081

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I think you are coming down very strongly on the poor BHPian. He is stating his point of view that's all, as you have your view. Please hold your peace.

( By the way the word is GALL and not GAUL as you have mentioned in your post)
2 BHP"ans have clarified the lack of noise . If you happen to own an Ertiga in Dubai or India , you perhaps will understand what most of us in the Ertiga Forum are corroborating. Do you own an Ertiga , by the way !! and what is your own experience.
Hope you will post soon on that . Cheers

Note from Support - Post edited. Your post comes across as sarcastic and lacks courtesy towards other members. Please review your posts before submitting them here on. We need you to confirm and maintain the quality of this forum please.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th April 2013 at 15:03.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:34   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Calfrost, I must appreciate your keen observation for things very minute. From what you say, it feels like there might be some very fine sound which in the real world scenario of people chatting, wind noise, tyre noise etc. may completely go un-noticed.

I dont think if there is any potential threat here(I will be driving friends 2 Ertiga s this weekend and confirm)

This is a free forum and everyone is open to publish their views(as long as they follow the rules of the community) But what matters is the views shared by the majority. If a perspective ertiga buyer(like me) is looking out for honest feedback, he will anyway take a informed decision based on majority of comments and not one good or one bad feedback.

Off topic:

I feel A Maruti will make enough rattles to make it impossible for observing fine noises .

And from what you say, it looks like this is the only fine noise you are hearing from this car. Which Maruti should proudly advertise.

Last edited by GTO : 25th April 2013 at 18:19. Reason: Quoted post deleted
rajshenoy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 16:34   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriram Rajann View Post
If you happen to own an Ertiga in Dubai or India , you perhaps will understand what most of us in the Ertiga Forum are corroborating. Do you own an Ertiga , by the way !! and what is your own experience.
Hope you will post soon on that . Cheers
Just because I reside in Dubai doesn't mean I don't know Indian Cars. On my last India trip I have done short hauls in it and was impressed by its competence. But I do understand your pain if you have a lemon. So peace!

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th April 2013 at 17:11. Reason: quote tags fixed
Old 24th April 2013, 17:57   #1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Hi, I tried this today afternoon, could not find any noise like a clicking or metallic sound. Had kept the windows up, and a constant speed of 70ish. Anything specific I need to do?
While keeping a constant speed when you release the acc. pedal and reapply/ push pedal you will hear some clicking noise, once u get used to hear this noise you will find this happens most of the time but we neglect to hear. Turn off music system while you try to hear this sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswam View Post
I am a happy self-driving owner of zdi Ertiga for the past 7 months and has never experienced any thing like what you had stated.

Could it be that you are shifting early and at 70 in the 5th gear with full load, 1.3l engine will sure grunt and make some noise.

Your words appear to be all the more confusing when you say "all ertiga diesel owner should explain to the manufcturer about this sound". The truth, fortunately is that the sound is uniformly non-existent.

It is about time you came out with facts in this forum rather than writing circumspect.
Thanks for the concern.

Most people make correct decision while buying a car. As i said earlier, it does not harm the life of your vehicle, it is only an annoying sound once you get used to hearing it. This happens often when you are on city road which offer 50- 70 speeds. beyond this speed u get tyre and wind noise also your concentration is on the road ahead. So if you are enjoying the drive and all the other things dont look back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post

A few days ago, I had just parked my car and a young man walked across the road from where he had parked his Ertiga. He wanted to know whether there was any movement in the third row seats and I said none. He said his car had some play in the the third row seat. I took a look, and there was a slight movement in the backrest when the passenger sat on the seat. It also moved forward if the passenger leaned forward. He said the service guys told him that this is normal in all ertigas. Has someone had this issue?
Well the issue of 3rd row seat back rest moving a slight bit, is common, it happen in mine too. But as my car has the third row in sleeping or flat condition it doesn't concern until I load people for a intercity trip on some job, which is very rare. But this does happen.

I feel if you per sue this matter as I have done in my case the issue will be solved by reducing the play in a new seat which Suzuki will design. we need to go to the area manager level. Generally all these problems might be solved in ETRIGA version II - I hope

Last edited by manson : 24th April 2013 at 18:21.
calfrost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2013, 18:56   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Just because I reside in Dubai doesn't mean I don't know Indian Cars. On my last India trip I have done short hauls in it and was impressed by its competence. But I do understand your pain if you have a lemon. So peace!
Little knowledge is too dangerous. Short haul experience is like a mini sample size for a nation wide research excercise.

Like I have always maintained that a car with a high ticket value is a serious decision and the investor will have to check it for himself or herself, rather than depend on reviews by arm chair pundits and reviewers.

A car like Ertiga cannot be judged by short hauls alone . Short hauls and short test drives will not reveal the true features of an automobile and hence even after a test drive and short hauls , a lot of thought will have to go into the other performance indicators , which gets revealed in a forum like this .

Like they say , advertising professionals always look at the surface of things , the big idea etc and sometimes substance may be found lacking and hence a decision based on a commercial for a new car will have to be taken with a pinch of salt . A 7-9 Lakh plus car is a serious decision for most people and hence a forum like this with peoples/owners long haul ownership experiences are more critical and important than short haul experiences and test drives , where everything seems to be apricots and peaches with the sales guys at their best behaviour, totally endorsing the Advertisements claims ( some times it could also be tall claims !) .

Luckily for us , this forum is a genuine experience based one .

Many Johny come lately diesels are in this warfare right now and definitely we need to go deeper before investing .

Hence the moral of the story is , Ertigans with longer ownership experiences would perhaps add more meaning to this discussion and recent owners could benefit and take the best of inputs from them so that they get the best result from their ownership.Definitely an opinion of a person who has just taken a test drive alone and a short haul would mean zilch to the whole discussion and precious little to a reader. Maybe , you could try a long haul next time , and you'll sing the same song all Ertigans are singing right now about the immense capability of this machine. Just chill mate . I was just trying to ensure this forum doesnt become pedantic and thoretical with so much of analysis by guys sometimes leading to paralysis and imagination of non existent problems .

It is the same hypocondriac principle. Think about something not there , it will be there !!. When R& D has worked so hard and created a wonderful number like Ertiga , just crank her and ride by following all the golden rules and we'll find that theoretical issues will cease to exist . Genuine ones, if there are , will surface. This forum has time and again corroborated happy Ertiga experiences and so the number of people with those valuable happy long haul ownership experiences says it all .
Catch ya sometime in Dubai soon

Cheers
Old 24th April 2013, 21:06   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriram Rajann View Post
Little knowledge is too dangerous. Short haul experience is like a mini sample size for a nation wide research excercise.

Luckily for us , this forum is a genuine experience based one .

Many Johny come lately diesels are in this warfare right now and definitely we need to go deeper before investing .

Hence the moral of the story is , Ertigans with longer ownership experiences would perhaps add more meaning to this discussion and recent owners could benefit and take the best of inputs from them so that they get the best result from their ownership.Definitely an opinion of a person who has just taken a test drive alone and a short haul would mean zilch to the whole discussion and precious little to a reader. Maybe , you could try a long haul next time , and you'll sing the same song all Ertigans are singing right now about the immense capability of this machine. Just chill mate . I was just trying to ensure this forum doesnt become pedantic and thoretical with so much of analysis by guys sometimes leading to paralysis and imagination of non existent problems .

It is the same hypocondriac principle. Think about something not there , it will be there !!. When R& D has worked so hard and created a wonderful number like Ertiga , just crank her and ride by following all the golden rules and we'll find that theoretical issues will cease to exist . Genuine ones, if there are , will surface. This forum has time and again corroborated happy Ertiga experiences and so the number of people with those valuable happy long haul ownership experiences says it all .
Catch ya sometime in Dubai soon

Cheers
Sorry mate but i don't agree with your principles.

Let me begin by clarifying that I DO NOT OWN AN ERTIGA. However that does not restrict me from sharing my experience.

Coming to the point of long term owners should be given more weight, that is a blanket statement. Many long time owners may not give a damn about the vehicle as long as it gets them from point A to B. However some users have different perspective of judging a car. Moreover if you look at the official reviews posted on the forum, which are essentially reviews based on a trial period with the car for a couple of days, they highlight aspects which even long time owners may overlook. Hence every perspective demands equal attention.

If a fellow member does face a problem then maybe it is a one-off case or maybe it is not. It could be that the fellow owner is stating a problem with his particular vehicle. At most what the forum can do, and it is doing, is try out the problem and if it exists then it certainly is an issue.

Let's not forget that not ever car manufactured is a lemon and that it has to have the same issue in order to be called as a defect. A particular car having a defect which others don't needs equal attention.

Also every manufacturer makes mistakes. All the R&D in the world is not sufficient to make a product which has zero flaws. Im sure you must be remembering that Toyota has recently recalled Corola's built in 2003 for an airbag replacement. Here is the Link to the same:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ne-2003-a.html

Im not saying that Toyota's R&D is better than that of Suzuki's but the point being that faults do arise in every product.

And about you trying to save this forum from being pedantic with theoretical information. Well that is what the forum is about. Its about sharing experiences. And that is what a member tried to do.

So lets not take things to the heart.

P.S. I have test driven an Ertiga and have been driven in one for roughly 200 KM's. In order to facilitate the source of the problem being discussed, I did not face the same issue. Neither did i hear any metallic noise as is being described .

Cheers

Last edited by Enigmatic : 24th April 2013 at 21:25.
Enigmatic is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 22:08   #1087
Senior - BHPian

My folks took delivery of an Ertiga Vdi about a week back and I drove the car around Bangalore and back to Mysore.

Initial impressions are good. It's easy to drive and feels like a bigger swift. Really liked the light clutch as well.

The turbo lag though is a real pain and there were quite a few situations when I was waiting for something to happen. There is very little power under 2k rpm which is where the turbo starts to open and you get the surge around 2.2k. When in turbo zone it's brilliant with enough power to make swift progress.

I hope the lag reduces with more miles. Other owners - Can I expect an improvement?
Old 29th April 2013, 08:29   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My folks took delivery of an Ertiga Vdi about a week back and I drove the car around Bangalore and back to Mysore.

Initial impressions are good. It's easy to drive and feels like a bigger swift. Really liked the light clutch as well.

The turbo lag though is a real pain and there were quite a few situations when I was waiting for something to happen. There is very little power under 2k rpm which is where the turbo starts to open and you get the surge around 2.2k. When in turbo zone it's brilliant with enough power to make swift progress.

I hope the lag reduces with more miles. Other owners - Can I expect an improvement?
Sadly that lag is there to stay(I dont own one, but have driven others ertiga) I dont know what other owners have to say though(May be they get used to it). Once you get used to the car, you will know how to squeeze best performance out of your car.

In fact this lag is one of the reasons i have seen few of my relatives swing to SX4(If you ask why SX4, small cities do not have more options outside maruti).
Old 6th May 2013, 14:37   #1089
Distinguished - BHPian

Mazda-Suzuki JV now official; Ertiga to hatch into Mazda VX-1 in mid-May.

source:IAB
Old 7th May 2013, 16:42   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti to Launch Ertiga CNG sooner than expected.

Quote:
Maruti will offer Ertiga CNG in LXI and VXI trims. With CNG, Ertiga will have the potential to thwart off the competition which are not in this (fuel) space. Ertiga will be India’s first MPV or SUV which will offer CNG fuel option in India and hence will get the first mover advantage.
http://motorbash.com/maruti-to-launc...ple-of-months/
Old 8th May 2013, 07:36   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti is celebrating the first anniversary of the car by introducing a special edition Ertiga called the Ertiga Feliz.
The key additions are
  • Silver color front grille
  • Body graphics on the side
  • Silver color fog lamps
  • Silver colored ORVMs
  • Rear spoiler
  • An interior styling kit
  • There seems to be like there could be a different music system. We’ll wait for the official word on this one
  • Back seat pocket organizer
  • Beige color steering wheel cover
  • Reverse parking sensor with a digital display
  • New beige color seat covers
  • Seat covers with Feliz branding
  • Feliz branding car pillows
  • New door sill guard
  • New floor mats
This seems like a genuine limited edition Maruti unlike previous cars with just loosely pasted body graphics. Maruti Ertiga Feliz will be available only in VXi and VDi trim variants .

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/m...-edition-75129
Old 8th May 2013, 15:11   #1092
BHPian

Maruti launches Ertiga 'Feliz' limited edition

Maruti has just launched a limited edition of its Ertiga MUV, rather oddly called the 'Feliz'. The Feliz in Maruti's time honoured 'Limited Edition' tradition features the usual graphic upgrades, soft pillows, et al. The new edition celebrates the first anniversary of the Ertiga and buying into the privilege will cost Rs 20,000 extra over the VXi (Petrol) and VDi (Diesel) trims.

Images source Cousins on Cars FB page

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-feliz2.jpg

Here is what you get on the Ertiga 'Feliz':

Outside
  • Silver Colored Grill and fog lamp surrounds.
  • Side body graphics.
  • Silver colored outer rear view mirrors.
  • Rear spoiler.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-feliz4.jpg

Inside
  • Interior styling kit.
  • Back pocket organiser.
  • Steering wheel cover.
  • Reverse parking sensor with display.
  • Seat covers and pillows with 'Feliz' branding.
  • Side step garnish and floormats.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-feliz1.jpg

Ertiga sales have been slipping for the last few months, with the MUV selling 5168 units last month (compared to 7337 units sold in November 2012). The limited edition 'Feliz' is unlikely to boost sales by a large margin since the changes are cosmetic in nature and come at a significant additional cost.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th May 2013 at 15:26.
Redline6800 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 15:47   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti launches Ertiga 'Feliz' limited edition

I dont understand where do they come up with all these names for special editions.

Also, Maruti must not openly disclose that these are dealer-installed options because as soon as dealers say this, half of the excitement of owning a "limited edition" fizzles out there itself.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 16:08   #1094
Senior - BHPian

20k INR more for just that?? And that is expected to boost sales? What do these boffins at MSIL smoke?
Nilesh5417 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 16:08   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Also, Maruti must not openly disclose that these are dealer-installed options because as soon as dealers say this, half of the excitement of owning a "limited edition" fizzles out there itself.
Perhaps, Maruti would have taken cue from Ford India, which did exactly the same on its Figo Celebration Edition recently..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks