Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 12:20   #1126
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
Not on phone inquiry- met them in person at so called out of showroom display/mela. And they kindda sound disappointed when I tell then about ZXi. And they try to push VDi/VXi. Currently quoting 2 months waiting for the Top Ends.

Mid level- for which Feliz was launched- are available off the rack.

And thats what the problem as per my understanding is- whatever additional features are there in Top end- ABS and Alloy wheels- that is where the part supply crunch would be. Maruti has still not able to resolve that even after a year of launch.
Vdi and Zdi did not have much price gap, so naturally people shelling out 10Lakhs wanted to opt for Zdi. I dont know if Maruti really has supply shortage of Alloy wheels(Even after a year?) But they introduced a Zdi steel wheel(Looks like not much margins on the Alloys)

May be dealers push for Middle trim because they have stock/They can push their accessories such as custom alloys, better music sytem etc. There are plenty who choose these over Airbags.

I saw one Feliz at temple near my house. It looks like Some ambitious taxi drivers sticker and paint job on his beloved !!
Old 15th May 2013, 12:47   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey Bharat, our requirement was just like yours. Our Ertiga will very rarely see more then 4 people at a time. Right now we have removed the head rests from the last row and folded down the seat. Removing the head rests allows the middle row to slide back one more notch and the leg room is pretty decent, unless there are very tall people who will be using the car.
Fiat_tarun sir, thank you very much for the pic. That would definitely put things in proper perspective for my father.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:09   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

May be dealers push for Middle trim because they have stock/They can push their accessories such as custom alloys, better music sytem etc. There are plenty who choose these over Airbags.
I know. the salesman even asked me- if you do most of the driving in the city, why do want to shell out extra for ABS ?!! take Vxi.

i told him- if God Forbid -on a rare trip on a highway, I need to apply brakes which utilized ABS and saved me and my family- even once -in the car's lifetime- it will be worth paying that extra money. same goes for Airbags, right ?

To this-he had no answer.

Last edited by rohit0103 : 15th May 2013 at 13:10.
rohit0103 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 14:20   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know. the salesman even asked me- if you do most of the driving in the city, why do want to shell out extra for ABS ?!! take Vxi.

i told him- if God Forbid -on a rare trip on a highway, I need to apply brakes which utilized ABS and saved me and my family- even once -in the car's lifetime- it will be worth paying that extra money. same goes for Airbags, right ?

Dont listen to everything that they say. I would any day listen to a trained mechanic/service advisor over a salesman who gets paid to sell(naturally he will sell where he has better margin)

I have my own reservations about Airbags(plenty of examples where they dont deploy). ABS is a must. Airbags = YES if front and side airbags are all present.
Old 17th May 2013, 08:38   #1130
BHPian

Just test drove an Ertiga ZDI that had 17K on odo and man, the engine was way too noisy and crude - never expected this from the national engine. Our Fiesta diesel is way better.
The sales reps just mask the noise part by just playing the music and speaking about that - "Sir, Music player is very good" and all non-sense.

Every time he increases the volume, I reduce it from steering control

It was full of rattles from everywhere. Whats with the Steering wheel that look like it was used for more than 10 years - all shiny. The seats and interiors were all super dirty and this is expected due to the all beige interiors. The boot was a joke.

Ergonomics, Seating option was all good. Even the last row is usable by average adults. Being a Maruti, it was simple and easy to drive around. All round visibility was good.

Heard ZDI no more comes with alloy! and price for each variant has increased by about 80,000 since the launch silently.

There was a VDI with 17+k on odo on true value for 7.90 Lacs negotiable (New VDI was 9.80 Lacs on road). That player in the dash was horrible looking. I must say black interiors are still better upon normal usage and once the vehicle becomes old.

On-Road price:
Vxi - 8.18
Zxi - 9.10

Ldi - 9.05
Vdi - 9.80

This is the first time in 8 years they said Swift and its family is readily available for delivery! though I never trusted them earlier when they said those waiting periods.

Feliz - He said its a new vehicle and you cant expect a limited edition this soon for a very good seller and then he admitted they have not yet received the stocks and its a mere dealer fitted accessory kinda.

Does Vxi comes with ABS optional? He said but was not sure.

Big downer was the all beige interior and will be very difficult to maintain.
Old 17th May 2013, 09:17   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Ertigas are seen aplenty on Kochi roads and with some accessories like bull bar, skirts etc looks bigger. Now Maruti has started affixing Car of The Year stickers on Ertigas. Spotted last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ert.jpg  

Old 17th May 2013, 11:37   #1132
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I know this isnt the thread for this, but I'm urgently looking for suggestions for getting Teflon/3M coating done for my Ertiga in Mumbai.

Also any other coatings that i need to get done(antui corrosion etc.) along with costs & experience of where you've got it done!
Old 18th May 2013, 16:21   #1133

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
Hi Guys,

I know this isnt the thread for this, but I'm urgently looking for suggestions for getting Teflon/3M coating done for my Ertiga in Mumbai.

Also any other coatings that i need to get done(antui corrosion etc.) along with costs & experience of where you've got it done!
You can go to any shopping mall and see if their parking lot has a car detailing centre.
Old 18th May 2013, 18:27   #1134
BHPian

Am looking to book a ZXi. As previously mentioned in this forum there seem to be delays in getting the one with alloys. Do the alloys really add anything much to the vehicle and secondly are there any pics of the steel rims and alloys to compare- Cant seem to find any that i can identify despite looking hard!!would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Old 19th May 2013, 01:08   #1135
BHPian

I re-booked ZXi -from another dealer. He is saying 4-6 weeks for with alloy. 3 hours spent on negotiation- would not budge a bit on car discounts. A meager 2K as corporate discount. He said he will consider some discount on MGA accessories. So, I agreed on the following :
1. Reverse Parking with Camera ; 10.5 K
2. Rear Spoiler : 4.3K
3.Seat Cover : 6.5K
4. Interior Styling Kit : 6.0K
5. Floor Lamination : 4.0K

Total 31.3 K less Grand discount of 1.3 to bring it down to 30K. Plus after much pushing he agreed on throwing in Bumper Molding worth Rs 650 in the same.
Also, Paint Protect + Under Body coating combined, which is worth 7.2K for 4.5K later.

Now, I need some advise though.

1.I asked for installing a DVD/Movie playing capability unit. They said, not possible and not advisable as the current one is factory integrated. So, what are my choices ? Is there something to achive video playing capability ? Also, mentioned that back seat headrest LCD panels have issues and electric fittings etc.

3. Asked about Light Kit. Again, advised against it, quoting voiding the warranty. I would also like to install DRL.

4. I do not have any affinity towards MGA. I would like to go for MGA only if affects me somewhere if I get something done from outside OR if I cannot get it at all from outside. So, from some of the items listed above, I know RPAS from outside may void the warranty- but 10.5 for that ?. They are charging 10.5, while on the outside, i can easily get it for 5K. So, your inputs are much appreciated.

5. Seat Covers- are there branded items of good quality outside and their price range?

6. Interior Styling Kit- 6K for 6 measly pieces of inserts ? Again, any choices outside ?

7. Rear Spoiler- Again, anything on the outside ?

8. Paint Protect + Under Body for 4.5k. Is it worth it-its the same deal with warranty as given by 3M -done for apx 7K. But, again, getting it done by dealer even for 4.5- is it worth it ?

9.I am looking for a good quality roof carrier- MGA for 10K. Any good choices outside in lesser price range, but good quality ?

10, Central Arm Rest- advised againest it-as it might create problems while using Hand Brakes ? Is that correct ?

I am aware that a lot of outside work is done by the members in the forum-but does it necessarily void the warranty ? The dealers kindda have spooked me about this.
rohit0103 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2013, 22:53   #1136
BHPian

Quote:

You've made the right choice, Rohit. A year ago, the salesman said the same thing, and I gave him the same answer, even though I knew I'd be using the car just occasionally. I've done about 9000 km in 10 months! Today while I was at 110km/h a stupid fellow started crossing the highway nonchalantly, with earphones on! I think the ABS saved us all. Go by what you mind tells you.

We can share notes on our ZXIs
Old 19th May 2013, 23:02   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
I re-booked ZXi -from another dealer. He is saying 4-6 weeks for with alloy. 3 hours spent on negotiation- would not budge a bit on car discounts. A meager 2K as corporate discount. He said he will consider some discount on MGA accessories. So, I agreed on the following :
5. Floor Lamination : 4.0K

Total 31.3 K less Grand discount of 1.3 to bring it down to 30K. Plus after much pushing he agreed on throwing in Bumper Molding worth Rs 650 in the same.
Also, Paint Protect + Under Body coating combined, which is worth 7.2K for 4.5K later.

Now, I need some advise though.

1.I asked for installing a DVD/Movie playing capability unit. They said, not possible and not advisable as the current one is factory integrated. So, what are my choices ? Is there something to achive video playing capability ? Also, mentioned that back seat headrest LCD panels have issues and electric fittings etc.

3. Asked about Light Kit. Again, advised against it, quoting voiding the warranty. I would also like to install DRL.

4. I do not have any affinity towards MGA. I would like to go for MGA only if affects me somewhere if I get something done from outside OR if I cannot get it at all from outside. So, from some of the items listed above, I know RPAS from outside may void the warranty- but 10.5 for that ?. They are charging 10.5, while on the outside, i can easily get it for 5K. So, your inputs are much appreciated.

5. Seat Covers- are there branded items of good quality outside and their price range?

6. Interior Styling Kit- 6K for 6 measly pieces of inserts ? Again, any choices outside ?

7. Rear Spoiler- Again, anything on the outside ?

8. Paint Protect + Under Body for 4.5k. Is it worth it-its the same deal with warranty as given by 3M -done for apx 7K. But, again, getting it done by dealer even for 4.5- is it worth it ?

9.I am looking for a good quality roof carrier- MGA for 10K. Any good choices outside in lesser price range, but good quality ?

10, Central Arm Rest- advised againest it-as it might create problems while using Hand Brakes ? Is that correct ?

I am aware that a lot of outside work is done by the members in the forum-but does it necessarily void the warranty ? The dealers kindda have spooked me about this.
5. Floor Lamination : 4.0K'

Floor lamination should cost you about 2-2.5 k outside , Check with Durga car decor near cafe mocha on law college road . Also check with poona motors . They do a fab job .

Rear spoiler is ok . I dont know if they're available outside and I have no clue about prices outside , Again check with poona motors .

Seat covers . I got faux leather auto form for 8 k .

Interior styling kit is an absolute waste . Please dont get it . Its not worth it .

Spend a lil on a good heat rejection sun film which rejects a lot of heat but is mostly transparent . This will help you in the long run .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 09:17   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
5. Floor Lamination : 4.0K'

Floor lamination should cost you about 2-2.5 k outside , Check with Durga car decor near cafe mocha on law college road . Also check with poona motors . They do a fab job .

Rear spoiler is ok . I dont know if they're available outside and I have no clue about prices outside , Again check with poona motors .

Seat covers . I got faux leather auto form for 8 k .

Interior styling kit is an absolute waste . Please dont get it . Its not worth it .

Spend a lil on a good heat rejection sun film which rejects a lot of heat but is mostly transparent . This will help you in the long run .
Thanks for suggestions. So, you are suggesting I get the Reverse Parking from MGA only ?

Floor Lamination-I know it would be around 2 to 2.5K outside. But, I guess, it involves taking off the seats etc. So, I will rather have it done at Dealer itself.

Sun Film-AFAIK, its kindda illegal. I dont want to end up having it removed as soon as I get out of dealership. What I need is transparent and Heat rejecting. I know there is aforum discussion on the same. I will look into the same. What do you suggest and what will be the cost, and where to get it done in Pune ?
Old 20th May 2013, 13:36   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theincredible1 View Post
You can go to any shopping mall and see if their parking lot has a car detailing centre.
i know, but I was looking at someone who's there for the longer run in case of issues/warranty! I've seen vendors changing often at our neighborhood mall parking Lots!

In fact I've Alomst zeroed in on 3m Car Care Center in thane! Was wondering if you've been there?
Old 20th May 2013, 13:53   #1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post

i know, but I was looking at someone who's there for the longer run in case of issues/warranty! I've seen vendors changing often at our neighborhood mall parking Lots!

In fact I've Alomst zeroed in on 3m Car Care Center in thane! Was wondering if you've been there?
Which area are you living in?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks