Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 10:05   #1276
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Friends,

I got my Granite Grey Ertiga ZXI (steel wheels) delivered yesterday. On road price Rs. 9,06,000 (including cash discount (10000) and corporate bonus (3000)).

Also got 12000 worth accessories free - Reverse camera, door sills and body cover.

Rgds
Suhas
Blr_RK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 12:06   #1277
BANNED

Some really good questions in this post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Thanks but I dont know what is the catch here. Another user Rajain also has similar tuning kit and is pretty satisfied with the performance.

But common sense says we get something at the expense of something else.
You are absolutely right, manufacturers map or 'tune' their engines to give the best compromise between power and efficiency - to suit a variety of driving styles. However, this means that a driver looking for performance will never truly experience the potential of his engine and the driver looking for efficiency will not be able to extract the maximum fuel economy from the engine. DieselTRONIC was developed with the intention to bring that choice into the hands of the driver itself, by giving a P2 mode dedicated to performance and E dedicated to efficiency; with both these modes calibrated well within manufacturer tolerances of all engine components.

Quote:
Also what beats me is increased mileage too. Its like More power, More torque, and more FE ? Sorry but i dont believe in magic
P1 mode on the other hand, is calibrated to increase power and torque by not more than 20%, this gives considerably better drivability, and enables the driver to drive in a higher gear at lower engine speed thereby increasing mileage as well.

Quote:
Does reduced turbo lag mean turbo charger is forced to kick in much earlier ? or it has something to do with generating more torque at lower RPM which will make one feel reduced lag.
Turbo spool is a function of exhaust gas volume and exhaust gas temperature, the greater the volume of exhaust gasses, the quicker will be the spool. The DieselTRONIC unit can be programmed to accurately and safely increase fueling at individual RPM points enabling the Turbo to spool earlier.

The increase in low end torque coupled with a slightly earlier spool reduces(not eliminates) the feeling of lag that is present on a majority of turbo-diesel engines

Last edited by Racedynamics : 16th July 2013 at 12:10.
Racedynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 16:43   #1278
BHPian

I have booked a Granite Grey Ertiga ZXI from Bimal, expecting delivery this week after registration. I did the PDI on saturday in the stockyard, it is a June 2013 manufactured car (FD is the VIN last 2 digits).
Suhas- Which dealer was it ? I got the 10 K+ 3 K corporate offer only, no accessories free,looks like i could have bargained a bit more.

Last edited by paragpatankar : 16th July 2013 at 16:45.
Old 16th July 2013, 17:08   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Friends,

I got my Granite Grey Ertiga ZXI (steel wheels) delivered yesterday. On road price Rs. 9,06,000 (including cash discount (10000) and corporate bonus (3000)).

Also got 12000 worth accessories free - Reverse camera, door sills and body cover.

Rgds
Suhas
Which dealer is this ? I did not know dealers are giving away free accessories too
Old 17th July 2013, 19:11   #1280
BHPian

11.6k for 3rd service (20k kms). Did the service at 17k itself.

Except prescribed service as per manual, nothing else was done. Leaving aside wheel balancing, weights, the service cost is almost 10.5k, which I think is on the higher side.
Old 17th July 2013, 20:40   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post

Except prescribed service as per manual, nothing else was done. Leaving aside wheel balancing, weights, the service cost is almost 10.5k, which I think is on the higher side.
That is indeed high. I did my 3rd service last month and spent around 7k (6800 to be precise) including wheel balancing. I infant also got the upholstery cleaning and waxing done.
Old 17th July 2013, 20:52   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Could you please post the breakup of the same, it is high for sure and higher than what other members had mentioned. Are you using synthetic or mineral oil?
Old 17th July 2013, 22:44   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer is this ? I did not know dealers are giving away free accessories too
Even no free accessories for any Ertiga model in pune.
7000 cash discount For Petrol
10000 discount for Diesel model.
Corporate discount
Rs.2705 discount on 4th year warranty.

I had to paid Rs.1350 for MGA floor mat.
Old 18th July 2013, 11:08   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Even no free accessories for any Ertiga model in pune.
7000 cash discount For Petrol
10000 discount for Diesel model.
Corporate discount
Rs.2705 discount on 4th year warranty.

I had to paid Rs.1350 for MGA floor mat.
That question was directed for Blr_RK just to see if i can bargain some more.

Meanwhile, my wait for Ertiga continues. Looks like dealers keep stock of some fast moving colors like White,silver and grey. Anything else needs to come from factory and takes time !! But the waiting is so tough
Old 18th July 2013, 11:21   #1285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like dealers keep stock of some fast moving colors like White,silver and grey. Anything else needs to come from factory and takes time !! But the waiting is so tough
Patience !! I guess you had booked brown VDi. I personally like Brown and Granite grey in Ertiga. Just take comfort in the fact that previous Ertiga owners had to wait for above 4-5 months. You just booked last week
Old 18th July 2013, 11:25   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Patience !! I guess you had booked brown VDi. I personally like Brown and Granite grey in Ertiga. Just take comfort in the fact that previous Ertiga owners had to wait for above 4-5 months. You just booked last week
Yeah, Brown seem to be a rare color. Until i booked one. Now i spot at least 1-2 Brown ertigas on the ORR and I think its same color as that of Brown Xylo, Tata storme, BMW X1 and slight variation of woodland brown on Duster, which all of a sudden i am seeing more and more. That makes life more tough isnt it.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 12:33   #1287
BHPian

@Rajshenoy..1 year. 1 full I year I waited. (6months for ZDi and 6 months for Zxi). And when the time came, got it it in less 10 days. . Something like "you dont choose a car, the car chooses you ??"

@kalinga- For me, no cash discount. Only corporate discount. And I could have got a 3gm Gold coins. Instead the dealer offered me accessories worth 8K for Zxi. No 4th year warranty either. But it seems your OTR is less.
Old 18th July 2013, 13:50   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys wasn't the ertiga dashboard all beige? Especially the top panel? A new ertiga I saw has a black and beige combination. Was this changed recently? This was just the right thing to do instead of the all beige setup.
Old 18th July 2013, 13:52   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post
@Rajshenoy..1 year. 1 full I year I waited. (6months for ZDi and 6 months for Zxi). And when the time came, got it it in less 10 days. . Something like "you dont choose a car, the car chooses you ??"

@kalinga- For me, no cash discount. Only corporate discount. And I could have got a 3gm Gold coins. Instead the dealer offered me accessories worth 8K for Zxi. No 4th year warranty either. But it seems your OTR is less.
Yes Rohit, I got some discount on 4th year EW so bought it.
I got the car in flat 2 days.
My car was a Jun-2013 manufactured car (Confirm with VIN number). I got the car with 7 KM in ODO.
I took delivery of the car on 11th July -2013

Last edited by KALINGA : 18th July 2013 at 13:54.
Old 18th July 2013, 13:56   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Guys wasn't the ertiga dashboard all beige? Especially the top panel? A new ertiga I saw has a black and beige combination. Was this changed recently? This was just the right thing to do instead of the all beige setup.
Yes, the top panel is beige. At least mine is a Jun-2013 manufactured car.
May be they changed it to Black+beige in July-2013.
Or it might be an aftermarket job..

Last edited by KALINGA : 18th July 2013 at 14:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks