Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 10:15   #1321
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

The car is a bit nervous in the corners and does not feel planted and even the engine noise in the cabin is deafening if you start revving her up. There is also a lot of tyre noise at high speeds.
I was surprised by the performance of the small 1.3 engine.

I advise owners to be careful and not to rev her up to the limit as the car gets very skippy at top rpms and difficult to control.

The suspension is quiet good but during my drive the a/c was not cooling at all but the next day with another(sedate) driver, the car was cooling.

I do think in driving dynamics the Ertiga is superior to the Tavera(Old Engine), Quanto, Enjoy, Innova and Xylo.
supercars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 14:09   #1322
BHPian

I went to Bimal Maruti yesterday to have a test drive Zxi. Test drive was good. I liked the car. My wife and son also gave thumbs up.
Regarding the offers, Bimal is giving 10k cash discount and 3k corporate discount. There are not giving any free accessories. Are there other dealers in Bangalore who are giving better offers?
Old 29th July 2013, 14:50   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
I went to Bimal Maruti yesterday to have a test drive Zxi. Test drive was good. I liked the car. My wife and son also gave thumbs up.
Regarding the offers, Bimal is giving 10k cash discount and 3k corporate discount. There are not giving any free accessories. Are there other dealers in Bangalore who are giving better offers?
Typically during month end, you will have better chance of getting more discount. But maruti offers are consistent across dealers in same city(I dont know how they manage it)

I had gone to Pratham( for diesel ertiga) and they were kind of willing to throw in accessories worth 3-4K extra. But in my case i was trying to exchange my car and the price offered was very less compared to Bimal so i decided to go back to Bimal.
Old 29th July 2013, 14:54   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
In Pune 7000 cash discount with 2000 corp. Discount. And no accessories for Ertiga Zxi. I got my car on 11th july.

For more details about offers kindly check my ownership thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rtiga-zxi.html
Old 29th July 2013, 14:58   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Please bear with me to prepare a detailed incident report and make a thread,and then put a link here.
Please let know if its an issue with the car itself, or the dealer/ASS, or insurance company? That will put a lot of minds at rest
Old 29th July 2013, 15:38   #1326
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

I just completed 1 month of drive on my Fire Brick Ertiga.

Initial apprehensions have disappeared and am seeming to like to car as time progresses. I will be writing an ownership report soon.

I picked up the Zdi without alloys version and have upgraded the tyres to Yokohama AVS DB 205/60 R15 and Momo Next alloys. A lot has gone into the ICE too. Will post details and interior pictures on my ownership thread, until then i leave you with a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-3m.jpg  

Speed-Freak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 16:38   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Typically during month end, you will have better chance of getting more discount. But maruti offers are consistent across dealers in same city(I dont know how they manage it)

I had gone to Pratham( for diesel ertiga) and they were kind of willing to throw in accessories worth 3-4K extra. But in my case i was trying to exchange my car and the price offered was very less compared to Bimal so i decided to go back to Bimal.
I am also in same boat. Trying to exchange my 11years old alto with 64k kms on the odo. But totally dissappointed with what Bimal was offering for the alto. I might not go for the exchange.
Another factor is Honda has announced about the Brio based MPV. And in pictures, it looks more stylish than the ertiga. Just thinking, if I can wait couple of months, at least will get to know the specs when the Honda MPV gets launched in Indonesia this september.
Old 29th July 2013, 17:09   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also in same boat. Trying to exchange my 11years old alto with 64k kms on the odo. But totally dissappointed with what Bimal was offering for the alto. I might not go for the exchange.
Another factor is Honda has announced about the Brio based MPV. And in pictures, it looks more stylish than the ertiga. Just thinking, if I can wait couple of months, at least will get to know the specs when the Honda MPV gets launched in Indonesia this september.

If you can hold on to your longer, best is to wait. Ertiga is a good car but already a year old. These dealers are tricky with offering good resale. Mostly they will be open for good deal if there is a customer waiting and they dont have stock. In my case they did not give good deal so i was bargaining with Pratham, but meanwhile Bimal came back with better deal because they had a true value customer and the trend now is petrols are in more demand(new or used) so they were desperate to buy my car.

Also sometimes they dont give you good deal just to test your desperation. Walkout saying I will not buy the new car as well since all dealers give same discounts anyway. You can say you will buy the car from the dealer who offers best exchange rate. Also use Team-bhp classifieds/olx etc. Trust me these dealers will call you back after 1-2 weeks to push sales of new car

I dont think Brio MPV can come to India this year. It will be mostly second half of next year since we are yet to see any test mules in India. But you will surely come to know about the specs. But i am certain that Honda wont be thinking of putting the 1.2L petrol engine on a 7 seater MPV

Last edited by rajshenoy : 29th July 2013 at 17:11.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 23:52   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Please let know if its an issue with the car itself, or the dealer/ASS, or insurance company? That will put a lot of minds at rest
The issue is with the car itself,as I said that it is at the MASS, after having the same problem again and again for more than a month .

To be exact, it is the famed Variable Geometry Turbo, which is the root cause of my woes. Will surely fill-in the details over the coming weekend.
Old 30th July 2013, 11:43   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
RNS,Pratham,Mandovi are offering 20k cash discount(consumer offer) + corporate discount for Diesel variants. These offers are from Maruti and are valid till 31st July.
abhinavrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 13:52   #1331
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Yes, saw Surakshaa Hosur road Bangalore also having 20K discount on Diesel variant. For petrol it was 15K I guess.
Old 30th July 2013, 14:14   #1332
BHPian

What accessories I can get for Ertiga from USA?
I am considering the accessories which do not deal / cut with the electrical system of the car. But can consider plug & Play (removable before going to A*S*S) stuff. The budget is not high, upto 100 / 200 $ or less.
Any suggestion ?

Last edited by KALINGA : 30th July 2013 at 14:28.
Old 31st July 2013, 08:44   #1333
BHPian

Hi

I took my Ertiga for a modification which I thought should have come as original fitment. Its a engine sump guard.

Please take a moment to look at this modification on post no. 110 at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ounting-8.html

Cheers

Rajain
Old 31st July 2013, 10:44   #1334
Distinguished - BHPian

India-made Suzuki Ertiga has over 5,600 pending deliveries.

For the first six months of 2013, the Ertiga is the 4th best selling car in Indonesia with 32,447 units retailed.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/m...liveries-89794
Old 31st July 2013, 13:08   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
India-made Suzuki Ertiga has over 5,600 pending deliveries.

For the first six months of 2013, the Ertiga is the 4th best selling car in Indonesia with 32,447 units retailed.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/m...liveries-89794
I dont know about 5600, They surely have one pending delivery. MINE

Mostly my car will arrive the stockyard tomorrow or Friday. And delivery next week.

Most Viewed