Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 21:15   #1336
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hello Bhpians,

I just completed 1 month of drive on my Fire Brick Ertiga.

Initial apprehensions have disappeared and am seeming to like to car as time progresses. I will be writing an ownership report soon.

I picked up the Zdi without alloys version and have upgraded the tyres to Yokohama AVS DB 205/60 R15 and Momo Next alloys. A lot has gone into the ICE too. Will post details and interior pictures on my ownership thread, until then i leave you with a picture.
Congratulations, Wishing You many Happy Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

I took my Ertiga for a modification which I thought should have come as original fitment. Its a engine sump guard.

Please take a moment to look at this modification on post no. 110 at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ounting-8.html

Cheers

Rajain
I need a mod like yours, Need to find the right person here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I dont know about 5600, They surely have one pending delivery. MINE

Mostly my car will arrive the stockyard tomorrow or Friday. And delivery next week.

Booked ERTIGA ZDI S. Silver without Alloys ...
Should be arriving in couple of days, Not much of waiting in Hyderabad, (Plus some Phone calls for early delivery)

FEW most important queries

1. Where to get the Engine guard/ Sump guard fitted in Hyderabad ?
MASS engineers don't have any clues about this .

2. Should I upgrade the Tyres , which is the most preferred ones ? Also Alloy brands

3. Anyone using Reverse Parking Sensors/ Camera in their Ertiga ? Showroom people quoting two variants with INR 11k & 16k . Any suggestions ?

4. Does the in built audio system has Subwoofer out ? can we connect amp and Sub to it?

5. Can we change the provided speakers (if Sub option isn't available), I felt them too much of treble for my liking , any good component speakers with good bass ?

6. I have seen many Ertigas with Bull bars similar to Innova - ProSport ones, I love the aggressive look it gives to the otherwise shy looking (read Hatch like)MPV, Any one using them ?

7. I need bluetooth support too, Should I consider a better Head Unit with BT and Reverse Parking Camera Support with 6/7 inch Touch Screen ?

Last edited by drkritik : 1st August 2013 at 21:22.
drkritik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 22:18   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Wise choice buddy. Congratulations

I saw in other thread that you were also confused between sx4 which is good but will loose on resale value

Delay in my case is purely because i wanted dusky brown which dealer did not have. But i am getting a brand new car July make. My car too has arrived at stock yard and i am going for pdi tomorrow

Bull bars - i would not advice them to any friend because you will compromise on safety. I am sure it will interfere with air bag functioning. Also it will transfer the shocks directly to passengers as opposed to crumple zones which absorb the shock
Old 1st August 2013, 23:21   #1338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

I took my Ertiga for a modification which I thought should have come as original fitment. Its a engine sump guard.

A skillful mod done there. Very functional too. Ertiga not having sump or such similar protection is a surprise, when my SX4 has one. For other Ertiga owners who would like to try something similar to this, at a very less cost, you can try using the SX4 engine bay guard. It is available as a set of two pieces, left and right. Made out of plastic, it may be modified to suit mounting points in the ertiga. I wanted to do the same thing for my WagonR, so am sharing it with you. For mounting, you can use the clips that are used in the car, which will mean no extra holes required. I have attached the part number and basic diagram from the parts catalogue. It should quite match the ertiga with some changes done to the mounting points, considering that the Ertiga diesel and SX4 diesel share the same engine, thus the same sump.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-under.jpg

Though it might not be as rigid or protective as a sheet of aluminium, perhaps it would be worth the cost. The two guards cost around Rs. 300 each.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:08   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Wise choice buddy. Congratulations

I saw in other thread that you were also confused between sx4 which is good but will loose on resale value

Delay in my case is purely because i wanted dusky brown which dealer did not have. But i am getting a brand new car July make. My car too has arrived at stock yard and i am going for pdi tomorrow

Bull bars - i would not advice them to any friend because you will compromise on safety. I am sure it will interfere with air bag functioning. Also it will transfer the shocks directly to passengers as opposed to crumple zones which absorb the shock
Yes ! even MASS engineers advised against Front Bullbars , What about Rear , similar to Innova ? in Hyderabad its a very difficult situation...

Saw Ertiga in D. Brown, Excellent looking , Good choice . Most of the colors of Ertiga are decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
A skillful mod done there. Very functional too. Ertiga not having sump or such similar protection is a surprise, when my SX4 has one. The two guards cost around Rs. 300 each.
Thanks, would check with that one..

Tyre upgrade research yielded few options, Yoko A 205 vs Primacy LC 195 ones , since I will be buying new non Maruti Alloys too , should I consider 16" alloys and tires instead of 15" ?
Different tyre sizes upsets EBD ? How true is this ?

Still need recommendations for Parking Sensor/ Camera and BT head units..
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:50   #1340
BHPian

I want to change the Head light & the Fog lamp bulb of my Ertiga.

I got the below information from internet. Is this correct?

Head Light : 12V ---> 60/55W ---> H4

Front Fog Lamp : 12V ---> 35W ---> H8

OT : which company bulb should i go for?
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:53   #1341
Senior - BHPian

See my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
I want to change the Head light & the Fog lamp bulb of my Ertiga.

I got the below information from internet. Is this correct?

Head Light : 12V ---> 60/55W ---> H4

Correct

Front Fog Lamp : 12V ---> 35W ---> H8

Not H8 but H11 for Ertiga. 12v 55W.

OT : which company bulb should i go for?
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:57   #1342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
See my replies in bold.
You sure fog lamps are H11? They are H8 35W.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:06   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You sure fog lamps are H11? They are H8 35W.
Are you sure the Ertiga fog lamps are H8 35W?
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:17   #1344
Distinguished - BHPian

Here you go: http://marutistorage.blob.core.windo...%20website.pdf

I hope what the manufacturer states in the manual can be trusted upon. Moreover, it is a Maruti standard to offer H8 35w fog lamps on all its offerings. Might be the same assembly too. It is the same in both my cars and swappable.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:22   #1345
Senior - BHPian

After reading that i don't think what manufacturer states in the manual, yours or mine, can be trusted upon. Because in the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga parts catalogue that I have its given as H11 not H8.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:36   #1346
Senior - BHPian

My Car has reached Stockyard yesterday and Today i did the PDI and completed the payment. Decoded the VIN and the make says "GD" which is July 2013.

Since the car was manufactured recently, there is hardly any dust or rust in any place except for few rain drops even in their stockyard.

Thanks to our Exhaustive PDI checklist. I am back fully satisfied.

I was only hoping for Goodyear Tyres but it came with MRF shoes, that is the only sad part. MRF are only good for 20K i feel after that it becomes so noisy

I am not going to buy lots of accessories straightaway.

I mainly need Seat cover and Reverse parking sensor(Not a big fan of camera)

Thinking of going for MGA silver kit. For 10K or so they are giving
1. Art leather Seat cover(Full biege) - There is no option of dual shades, quality looks OK since i have 7 seats - It was comparable to the begining range of G-sport etc.
2. Reverse sensor
3. Steering cover(biege)
4. AC filter
5. Side guards
6 Fancy Floor mat - YES IT IS VERY VERY FANCY !!!

These are all genuine MGA kit.

Apart from that might add wooden interior trim to make the cabin feel bit stylish.

How does it look ? Is there anything i need to avoid here ?

He also talked about Paint protection/under body coating etc - Which i will anyway go to 3M.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:07   #1347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After reading that i don't think what manufacturer states in the manual, yours or mine, can be trusted upon. Because in the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga parts catalogue that I have its given as H11 not H8.
Just verified from MASS nearby after physically inspecting the bulb. It is a 35w H8 bulb of philips. Also, even in my SX4 parts catalogue it is listed as 55W, H8, which is a mistake.
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:52   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just verified from MASS nearby after physically inspecting the bulb. It is a 35w H8 bulb of philips. Also, even in my SX4 parts catalogue it is listed as 55W, H8, which is a mistake.
Good of you to have done the footwork and confirmed the same . But i still have a concern, if the fog lamp assy of the Ertiga is indeed for the H8, like the Swift then they shouldn't have different part numbers both should be the same (like many shared components across these two vehicles). But the part numbers are different for Ertiga and Swift fog lamps. H11 holder can take H8 bulbs and not vice versa.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:06   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
My Car has reached Stockyard yesterday and Today i did the PDI and completed the payment. Decoded the VIN and the make says "GD" which is July 2013.

Since the car was manufactured recently, there is hardly any dust or rust in any place except for few rain drops even in their stockyard.

Thanks to our Exhaustive PDI checklist. I am back fully satisfied.

I was only hoping for Goodyear Tyres but it came with MRF shoes, that is the only sad part. MRF are only good for 20K i feel after that it becomes so noisy

I am not going to buy lots of accessories straightaway.

I mainly need Seat cover and Reverse parking sensor(Not a big fan of camera)

Thinking of going for MGA silver kit. For 10K or so they are giving
1. Art leather Seat cover(Full biege) - There is no option of dual shades, quality looks OK since i have 7 seats - It was comparable to the begining range of G-sport etc.
2. Reverse sensor
3. Steering cover(biege)
4. AC filter
5. Side guards
6 Fancy Floor mat - YES IT IS VERY VERY FANCY !!!

These are all genuine MGA kit.

Apart from that might add wooden interior trim to make the cabin feel bit stylish.

How does it look ? Is there anything i need to avoid here ?

He also talked about Paint protection/under body coating etc - Which i will anyway go to 3M.
Congrats rajshenoy.
Finally the car is ready.
My Ertiga came with Goodyear Tyres. I found these tyres are acceptable road noise but not comaparable to Michilin (I had those in my getz).

Even i didn't put any accessories till now except MGA floor mat(totally useless, Rs 1300).
I suggest except parking sensor, don't go for any MGA accessories. You can find many alternative in that price range.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:18   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
H11 holder can take H8 bulbs and not vice versa.
Hi Sankar, I replaced the stock H8 35w fog bulbs in my Ritz to Osram Cool Blue H11 55w recently. It was a direct fit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks