Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:24   #1351
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Congrats rajshenoy.
Finally the car is ready.
My Ertiga came with Goodyear Tyres. I found these tyres are acceptable road noise but not comaparable to Michilin (I had those in my getz).

Even i didn't put any accessories till now except MGA floor mat(totally useless, Rs 1300).
I suggest except parking sensor, don't go for any MGA accessories. You can find many alternative in that price range.
I am driving on Yoko A drives on my swifts, MRF can never satisfy me. Your goodyear will at least last longer(Duraplus right ?) But i may not have the budget to totally change the shoes right away. So let me try MRF. they will anyway be better than stuff like JK Tyres.

Yes, let me hunt outside and get quotations for the accessories i am looking for.

MGA kit is coming directly from Maruti - So definitely better than what dealers give as freebies.

Coming to quality - These look good for their price. Obviously i have better options if i pay more. That is why confused. I think I Don't have a long list anyway.
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:43   #1352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
But the part numbers are different for Ertiga and Swift fog lamps. H11 holder can take H8 bulbs and not vice versa.
Both my cars have visibly the same assembly, manufacturer and bulb but are of different part numbers according to maruti. Same applies for some other components too. Hence, we can't take the logic that just because it is of different part numbers, it should be technically different. The SA at MASS told that no Maruti has yet come with H11 bulbs. Even their spares had only 35w bulbs. It is in some international markets that the same cars sold here have 55w fogs.
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:30   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
MGA kit is coming directly from Maruti - So definitely better than what dealers give as freebies.
I completely agree as my dealer also said the same thing. But only beige options for seating is not justified. I am thinking of dual colour combinations for seating, else any dark colour would do, but not beige.
Parking sensors by MGA , many feel is worth the money. Any views?

Yoko A drive 205 rubber is the preferred choice, will search for a good deal in exchange.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:08   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post

Yes ! even MASS engineers advised against Front Bullbars , What about Rear , similar to Innova ? in Hyderabad its a very difficult

:
I have the same query.

Can one fit rear only bull bar?

Are they available alone or do we need to buy the whole set and waste money?

Are there rear bull bars which bend to hit the bumper rather than pass the shock to the chassis.

Or any higher rising bars rear bull bars like the ones protecting radiator in fortuner?

Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:22   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Yes ! even MASS engineers advised against Front Bullbars , What about Rear , similar to Innova ? in Hyderabad its a very difficult situation...

n:
I have the same query.

Is it possible to install rear only bull bars?

Do we get them alone or is it necessary to buy the entire set and waste money?

The bull bars I saw for the rear of Ertiga are in a straight line with the chassis. Are there bent bull bars which would bend more in a rear impact and crush against the rear bumper rather than transmit the force directly to the chassis?

Would like some advice in this regard, and also some of the designs available in the market.

Thanks,
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:32   #1356
BHPian

Are the opinions expressed in this article and especially the first comment regarding xhildren in the third row seats valid?

http://www.cartoq.com/good-or-evil-b...bumper-guards/
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:05   #1357
Senior - BHPian

If the idea of rear bull bar is just to protect from two wheelers nudging your back in traffic, then one can also try stuff that 3m provides. Some sort of transparent films that provides bumper protection. I might explore that option

Having said that, only the tyres of two wheelers typically nudge which are made of rubber anyway

Only place you might damage the bumper is hitting some obstacle while reversing and that can be avoided by installing sensors.
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:54   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
If the idea of rear bull bar is just to protect from two wheelers nudging your back in traffic, then one can also try stuff that 3m provides. Some sort of transparent films that provides bumper protection. I might explore that option
Whats the 3m film called? I will have to consider it too

So decision is clear for me; no Chassis mounted ball bars, if good fiber based rear fenders are available I'll consider.

Reverse parking sensors or Cameras ?
Which one is better. Camera would be better I think. Any ideas?
Old 3rd August 2013, 13:33   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Whats the 3m film called? I will have to consider it too

So decision is clear for me; no Chassis mounted ball bars, if good fiber based rear fenders are available I'll consider.

Reverse parking sensors or Cameras ?
Which one is better. Camera would be better I think. Any ideas?
Look for 3M paint protection film. But this can only avoid scratches

Sensor or camera is matter of personal choice. Camera costs more. Personally i like to do it old school way of looking at rear view mirrors but for sake of other drivers, might go for at least sensors

Either of the two, stick to branded ones. Electronic items don't last very long when exposed to nature
Old 3rd August 2013, 14:48   #1360
BHPian

Quote:

Look for 3M paint protection film. But this can only avoid scratches

Sensor or camera is matter of personal choice. Camera costs more. Personally i like to do it old school way of looking at rear view mirrors but for sake of other drivers, might go for at least sensors

Either of the two, stick to branded ones. Electronic items don't last very long when exposed to nature
If it prevents scratches it's more than okay

Reverse camera would be good for me, I was quite impressed with the one on Fluidic Verna ! Half of rear view mirror will be used as screen for reverse camera and half will be like mirror, Any idea as to which make and how much it costs ?
Old 3rd August 2013, 15:13   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
If it prevents scratches it's more than okay

Reverse camera would be good for me, I was quite impressed with the one on Fluidic Verna ! Half of rear view mirror will be used as screen for reverse camera and half will be like mirror, Any idea as to which make and how much it costs ?
There are many brands having that type of Sensor and display kit but remember you will loose your night mode with those crappy screens, Would advice not to go for it if you do a lot of night driving.

The one which MGA offers is in use i think for the past 10 years at least (like the xenos) which just shows the distance in the display attached to dash - Good to go for it, Have found it useful. Even the one with the beep alone is enough i think costs around 2K approx.

Products you may be interested in. Xenos
Old 3rd August 2013, 19:51   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Sankar, I replaced the stock H8 35w fog bulbs in my Ritz to Osram Cool Blue H11 55w recently. It was a direct fit.
Good of you to have confirmed this. Ill put H11 in the swift. Wonder why the H11 didn't fit my astar.
Old 3rd August 2013, 23:22   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
There are many brands having that type of Sensor and display kit but remember you will loose your night mode with those crappy screens, Would advice not to go for it if you do a lot of night driving.

The one which MGA offers is in use i think for the past 10 years at least (like the xenos) which just shows the distance in the display attached to dash - Good to go for it, Have found it useful. Even the one with the beep alone is enough i think costs around 2K approx.

Products you may be interested in. Xenos
I went for external Dash board screen with camera and sensors.
Cost Rs. 7300 with installation.

since upgrading from small car santro to ertiga, i believe its important, since you can hardly see whats below the rear window. Later on, may be by expereince, but should install for new or upgraded people.
Old 4th August 2013, 06:14   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit0103 View Post

I went for external Dash board screen with camera and sensors.
Cost Rs. 7300 with installation.

since upgrading from small car santro to ertiga, i believe its important, since you can hardly see whats below the rear window. Later on, may be by expereince, but should install for new or upgraded people.
Good that you avoided the one that fits in IRVM. Please share the day and night photos along with your experience with it that might help fellow members. Thanks.

And ya Congrats on the new buy
Old 4th August 2013, 18:51   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
My Car has reached Stockyard yesterday and Today i did the PDI and completed the payment. Decoded the VIN and the make says "GD" which is July 2013....
Is there any PDI document specifically for ertiga? Please share.

Last edited by ksaurabh21 : 4th August 2013 at 18:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks