Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 22:57   #1381
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Got the delivery of my Dusky brown Ertiga today. Initial feeling is just awesome. Too early to comment on factors like FE and rattles but Maruti has surely improved the quality as compared to my old Swift. They have gone long way in terms of quality i must say.

Even the suspension is much better in comparision to my Swift and soaks up bad roads very nicely

I will try to pen down a review later. As of now busy staring at my beauty
Congrats raj for the new Car.

Wish you happy & safe miles.

Even i did not put any filter in AC. As the dealer quoted Rs 1400 for that.
Now i need to check again.

Today i discussed with a accessories guy for floor lamination. Now they have another material for lamination. Thick regine type. They are using Velcro for sticking it to original floor carpet.

He is asking 2800 for Ertiga. I like that material in comparison to transparent polythene type material.
Old 7th August 2013, 23:17   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Congrats raj for the new Car.

Wish you happy & safe miles.

Even i did not put any filter in AC. As the dealer quoted Rs 1400 for that.
Now i need to check again.

Today i discussed with a accessories guy for floor lamination. Now they have another material for lamination. Thick regine type. They are using Velcro for sticking it to original floor carpet.

He is asking 2800 for Ertiga. I like that material in comparison to transparent polythene type material.
I got the transparent one for approx 1100, which was thicker than the regular sheets. It is still fully intact (no damages) after 11 months of daily use.
Old 8th August 2013, 09:32   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
You mean the AC Filter cost Rs.1400 from MGA.
But somewhere here in this thread, a member reported that the AC filter is around Rs.400.

Kindly confirm.

Did anyone install a front driver Armrest in Ertiga?

I am seriously considering one. Where in Pune I can get an armrest for Ertiga?
Buddy the AC filter is for Rs 350/-, the other day i got it installed in my SX4 from the Maruti Dealer. Its just a min job.

Such a Shame in INR 10+ lacs car Maruti is not even providing air filter.

Just get it done, as the filter protects dust entering into the cooling coil and blower.
Old 8th August 2013, 12:59   #1384
Senior - BHPian

I have a question for Diesel Ertiga owners. What is the Tyre pressure you people are maintaining ?

I mostly drive with 1-2 people on weekdays and 4-5 on weekends. full load of 7 is going to be very rare.

So what is the best pressure for this combination ? I might switch to Nitrogen this weekend.
Old 8th August 2013, 14:44   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Got the delivery of my Dusky brown Ertiga today. Initial feeling is just awesome.

As of now busy staring at my beauty
Congrats on your new car. Please share at least one pic. Even we would love to have a look at your beauty.
n_naik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 16:26   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
So what is the best pressure for this combination ? I might switch to Nitrogen this weekend.
Congratulations, Wishing you many many happy and safe miles, we will wait eagerly for the ownership thread and pictures. I am taking my ZDi on Sunday, delay from the Bank. ..

Manufacturer recommended pressures aren't appropriate?

What accessories you've added? AC filter ?

Last edited by drkritik : 8th August 2013 at 16:30.
drkritik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 19:38   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post

Congratulations, Wishing you many many happy and safe miles, we will wait eagerly for the ownership thread and pictures. I am taking my ZDi on Sunday, delay from the Bank. ..

Manufacturer recommended pressures aren't appropriate?

What accessories you've added? AC filter ?
Thanks a lot.
the reason why i asked for air pressure is i saw three different values written. so was wondering if owners here have some preference on air pressure which works for different loads

i took the basic kit which included basic floor mats, ac filter, puncture kit, wash liquids etc.

i don't know why they don't give something that costs 350rs for free but then i won't loose anything either by buying it.
Old 8th August 2013, 22:36   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot.
the reason why i asked for air pressure is i saw three different values written. so was wondering if owners here have some preference on air pressure which works for different loads

i took the basic kit which included basic floor mats, ac filter, puncture kit, wash liquids etc.

i don't know why they don't give something that costs 350rs for free but then i won't loose anything either by buying it.
i filled nitrogen in all Tyre with 32 air pressure.
Till date i am maintaining that only. No issue till now.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 01:00   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This time around, Maruti has taken a fresh approach to the compact UV segment, using the modern parts bins of the Swift, Dzire and SX4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Ergonomics of driver seat on Etios is a big
I was wondering if I will ever be able to resolve my dilemma between the Etios and the Ertiga. Finally, back to back test drives with wife and relatives helped resolved this. Everyone liked the Etios (I loved it), but the Ertiga's space, ease of ingress/ egress and the flexibility of the 3rd seat won the day.

My Ertiga ZDI Alloy Wheels arrived today- exactly a week after booking the car. Thank God for competition.

Thanks are also due to @Vid, @amalji, @Powertrain and others who helped, and advised me, and patiently answered all my questions. I'll open an ownership thread next month.
Contrapunto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 19:31   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post

I was wondering if I will ever be able to resolve my dilemma between the Etios and the Ertiga. Finally, back to back test drives with wife and relatives helped resolved this. Everyone liked the Etios (I loved it), but the Ertiga's space, ease of ingress/ egress and the flexibility of the 3rd seat won the day.

My Ertiga ZDI Alloy Wheels arrived today- exactly a week after booking the car. Thank God for competition.

Thanks are also due to @Vid, @amalji, @Powertrain and others who helped, and advised me, and patiently answered all my questions. I'll open an ownership thread next month.
congratulations

I think most people who end up buying ertiga do consider etios as i did too

if and only if Toyota had justified 50k worth price in terms of better interiors !!

better dash and integrated rear seat arm rest can easily be accommodated in the current on the road price
Old 11th August 2013, 15:46   #1391
BHPian

If you prefer to have a copy of Ertiga's user manual, here it is. I searched for it on the forum and did not find it and hence posting it here. It's always good to have an online copy as well!

http://marutistorage.blob.core.windo...%20website.pdf

[Note: Inserting link to file since file is larger than 3MB limit for PDF files]
abhinavrm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 13:47   #1392
BHPian

Thanks mods (especially Vid6639) for the wonderful review and other members for the excellent contribution to the thread with insightful details about some of the finer aspects of the machine. You convinced me to book the Ertiga - Zdi and I just received word that my vehicle will be delivered day after tomorrow!

I have been contemplating on installing a cargo roof box in Pune but without luck. I contacted Tropicool (based in Pune) but they just dont seem to have interest in selling the INNO roof box. Post persistent follow-ups, they said they do not have anything specific for the Ertiga nor do they have the brackets to install the BR 560 (that they have on their website - www.tropicoolindia.com). I also tried reaching out to the Bangalore based Thule official dealer - Methods automotive but with no luck so far. Please help me if you know/seen any dealers in Pune that stock the Thule/INNO brands.

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 12th August 2013 at 13:49.
Old 13th August 2013, 15:50   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of my family tourer - I am trying to post them in a separate ownership thread as well, but waiting for moderators to move it from assembly line

Till then, take a look at my new Ertiga

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-beauty.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-love-angle.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-rear.jpg

Last edited by rajshenoy : 13th August 2013 at 15:55.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 17:04   #1394
BHPian

Raj, your brown ertiga looks great. I have booked same colour, Zxi.
Have you gone for any accessories?
For me, the accessories sales manager was suggesting under body coating for rust protection which costs 4.5k and comes with 10 year warranty. He also told about few others like teflon coating, seat covers, door visors, reverse parking sensors etc.
ksaurabh21 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 17:05   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Some pics of my family tourer - I am trying to post them in a separate ownership thread as well, but waiting for moderators to move it from assembly line

Till then, take a look at my new Ertiga
Wow!!!!looks stunning..in that color. Congrats again Raj..

Any accessories you installed in the car. Did you buy floor mats from MGA?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks