Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:48   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post

Thank you. My vehicle is ready for delivery, but not the ZDi with steel wheels which I wanted. From talking to the SA, most of their vehicles seem to be ZDi with alloys & though I'm willing to look at other colors, they dont seem to have ZDi with steel wheels currently. Looks like I will invoice & pay in Sept & take delivery in Oct. Car is most likely Aug make (yet to get confirmation).

I too felt the same & hence upgraded booking from VDi to ZDi with steel wheels, but the vehicle ready for delivery now is the ZDi with alloys. I'd already stretched my budget by upgrading once from the petrol to diesel variants (VXi to VDi).

But the SA tells me they've received intimation of a price hike by Maruti from Oct & it will be in the range of 25K for the Ertiga! So that leaves me with no option but to take the ZDi with alloys. Dont want to end up paying almost the same in Oct & not even get ZDi with alloys!

Also, the dealer (Pratham Motors) was strongly trying to discourage me from:
[*]Pre delivery inspection, stating that they would check the vehicle very thoroughly & I can completely trust them, the stockyard is very far away & it is unnecessary on my part[*]Buying insurance from outside as he says their insurance (through tie up with an insurance company) has the 'Maruti' stamp on it which makes claims easier. However, I'm getting it 5-6K cheaper outside from NIC due to an employee discount

From various threads, I know Team BHP members strongly recommend PDI & also shopping around for insurance. Any reason to skip on these 2?
Please don't go by SA's words. All they try is to make you buy their showroom display piece so that they can bring in another new zdi for display. Its not in demand frankly and you can still see the car readily available depending on the color of course in most places.

Most showrooms use zdi with alloy for display and I don't believe zdi alloy moves more than a model without alloy. You will get a month old in worst case than the zdi without alloy.

Better way to get a relatively fresh piece is by going for a lighter color without alloy which is high moving rather than rare shades or alloys model.

If they are not willing to, then better tell him that you are not willing to proceed any further and will look for other showrooms. They will then come your way. And anyways Maruti has a standard practice in giving discounts mostly uniform across dealers and you will get almost the same freebies.

I say this by experience as I recently took delivery of zdi with alloy in silver color in Sept first week and still felt I should not have gone for one with alloy as it was July end and not august It was fresh but still.

According to them and general observation, Most moving are vxi, vdi and zdi without alloy especially in lighter shades.

Insurance - just be firm that you will take it outside or ask them to meet the quote for same idv, mostly they will or they will give that difference as dealer discount.

And congrats for your new car. Keep us posted.

Last edited by ganesc : 23rd September 2013 at 21:53.
Old 23rd September 2013, 23:42   #1442
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you. My vehicle is ready for delivery, but not the ZDi with steel wheels which I wanted.

I too felt the same & hence upgraded booking from VDi to ZDi with steel wheels, but the vehicle ready for delivery now is the ZDi with alloys. I'd already stretched my budget by upgrading once from the petrol to diesel variants (VXi to VDi).

But the SA tells me they've received intimation of a price hike by Maruti from Oct & it will be in the range of 25K for the Ertiga! So that leaves me with no option but to take the ZDi with alloys. Dont want to end up paying almost the same in Oct & not even get ZDi with alloys!
Don't believe the SA.

Was in a similar situation as yours, my process of decision of getting zdi with Alloys instead of steel wheels might help you.

The difference is 30k between alloys and steel wheels version. I chose aftermarket alloys plain from PLATI at 19k. The other option was Superior silver alloys similar to the Stock ones also from Plati would cost me 23k . Definitely my car being silver nothing other than superior silver version would suit it.
The Plati alloys costed 23k for only 4 alloys , no option of a set of 5 alloys. The alloys dealer assured that he would get a 5th alloy wheel a week later and would cost 6k !

So instead of paying 29k for aftermarket alloys ( which weren't very great looking over stock alloys), I paid 30k for Maruti stock alloys and
Got ZDi with Alloys.

I sincerely don't see anything wrong with Maruti pricing for Alloy wheels. I would suggest you to take zdi with Alloys, later i read somewhere in the forum that stock alloys are superior to the aftermarket ones. With just 1k difference it makes a sensible buy.
drkritik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 23:52   #1443
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Guys,

I am planning to install the arm rest in my ertiga and when I was surfing through internet for a universal armrest, got this.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...75/?pos=0;0;55

Guys do you think this is advisable.
Old 24th September 2013, 16:58   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Guys,

I am planning to install the arm rest in my ertiga and when I was surfing through internet for a universal armrest, got this.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...75/?pos=0;0;55

Guys do you think this is advisable.
Sent you a PM. i found a DIY installation of armrest on Ertiga in another car forum. Read the discussion thread for more info.

Looks possible but you might require drilling to fit the same.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 17:26   #1445
BHPian

Hi All, Could you please let me know as to how much mileage would a Ertiga Zxi deliver in bumper to bumper traffic? We are looking at replacing our Fiesta 1.6 with an Ertiga.
Old 24th September 2013, 21:28   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Sent you a PM. i found a DIY installation of armrest on Ertiga in another car forum. Read the discussion thread for more info.

Looks possible but you might require drilling to fit the same.
Thanks a lot for the link that you provided, its really helpful. I am planning to go ahead with the installation of the armrest. I plan to do it as a DIY but would also like to know if the centre piece would be available in market if anything goes wrong.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 24th September 2013, 23:02   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Please don't go by SA's words. All they try is to make you buy their showroom display piece so that they can bring in another new zdi for display. Its not in demand frankly and you can still see the car readily available depending on the color of course in most places.
I did the inspection today at their stockyard & it is indeed a fresh piece, not a demo or display car. Funnily the SA's offer of getting the car to the showroom to save me the trouble of going to the far off stockyard was to keep it on display till I take delivery in Oct . Needless to say I refused & went there myself.

Quote:
Better way to get a relatively fresh piece is by going for a lighter color without alloy which is high moving rather than rare shades or alloys model.
Lighter shades make more practical sense in that dirt & scratches dont show as easily, but we followed our heart this time.

Quote:
If they are not willing to, then better tell him that you are not willing to proceed any further and will look for other showrooms. They will then come your way. And anyways Maruti has a standard practice in giving discounts mostly uniform across dealers and you will get almost the same freebies.
True. Discounts are from Maruti & freebies are at discretion of the dealer & are mostly the same but may vary slightly & some dealers may not offer anything at all! However, there was a lot of difference between how the cars were maintained in 2 of the stockyards I visited. Pratham was highly confidence inspiring while the other one (wont name it here) even allowed test drives of new vehicles in their stockyard!

Quote:
I say this by experience as I recently took delivery of zdi with alloy in silver color in Sept first week and still felt I should not have gone for one with alloy as it was July end and not august It was fresh but still.

According to them and general observation, Most moving are vxi, vdi and zdi without alloy especially in lighter shades.
Mine is July 2013 manufactured as well. It came to their stockyard in Aug. 1 month here & there shouldnt make much difference in the long run though.

Quote:
Insurance - just be firm that you will take it outside or ask them to meet the quote for same idv, mostly they will or they will give that difference as dealer discount.

And congrats for your new car. Keep us posted.
They're ok with me getting insurance from outside. But please tell me is there any real advantage to getting insurance from the dealer in terms of making claims easier, as the SA says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Don't believe the SA.

Was in a similar situation as yours, my process of decision of getting zdi with Alloys instead of steel wheels might help you.

The difference is 30k between alloys and steel wheels version. I chose aftermarket alloys plain from PLATI at 19k. The other option was Superior silver alloys similar to the Stock ones also from Plati would cost me 23k . Definitely my car being silver nothing other than superior silver version would suit it.
The Plati alloys costed 23k for only 4 alloys , no option of a set of 5 alloys. The alloys dealer assured that he would get a 5th alloy wheel a week later and would cost 6k !

So instead of paying 29k for aftermarket alloys ( which weren't very great looking over stock alloys), I paid 30k for Maruti stock alloys and
Got ZDi with Alloys.

I sincerely don't see anything wrong with Maruti pricing for Alloy wheels. I would suggest you to take zdi with Alloys, later i read somewhere in the forum that stock alloys are superior to the aftermarket ones. With just 1k difference it makes a sensible buy.
During inspection in the stockyard today, I saw 2 Ertiga's parked side by side, both being the same granite grey I had booked. 1 was VXi (without alloys) & another was ZDi (mine, with alloys). Definitely felt 32K for alloys was justified, so no regrets there.
Since the inspection inspired confidence & things looked good - had taken a friend cum mechanic with me, I'm going ahead with payment tomorrow & taking delivery on 7th Oct for auspicious reasons.
Old 25th September 2013, 07:43   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
I did the inspection today at their stockyard & it is indeed a fresh piece, not a demo or display car. Funnily the SA's offer of getting the car to the showroom to save me the trouble of going to the far off stockyard was to keep it on display till I take delivery in Oct . Needless to say I refused & went there myself.
Good that you took the pain of going to the stockyard itself. Now you can at least be free of much doubts. But don't stop going to the showroom just to see if your car is already brought and displayed.

Quote:
They're ok with me getting insurance from outside. But please tell me is there any real advantage to getting insurance from the dealer in terms of making claims easier, as the SA says?
Not too sure as for Fiesta I have not claimed insurance so far and Maruti, I am new to it and so don't know if there is really any difference.

One showroom actually told me that they give preference to customers who has taken insurance from them.
Another told that as its in-house kind-off, they start the work immediately without waiting for surveyors but if you take out they only start working after its been given a go ahead from insurance company for a cashless claim.

I still feel if they cant meet the outside quote, you can take it out but make sure they do have a cashless claim facility with that dealer that you are planning to maintain and more.

Quote:
During inspection in the stockyard today, I saw 2 Ertiga's parked side by side, both being the same granite grey I had booked. 1 was VXi (without alloys) & another was ZDi (mine, with alloys). Definitely felt 32K for alloys was justified, so no regrets there.
Since the inspection inspired confidence & things looked good - had taken a friend cum mechanic with me, I'm going ahead with payment tomorrow & taking delivery on 7th Oct for auspicious reasons.
ZDI with alloy is definitely worth and that's why I too took it. It suites the car very nicely and no issues with warranty, Cost is shared with the initial buyout so no worries after.

Congrats on your car. Share a lot of pics once you have taken delivery of the car.
Old 25th September 2013, 17:24   #1449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Guess in this case your SA was right - http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...=home-business . Good that you opted for ZDI before the price hike itself.
Old 25th September 2013, 20:33   #1450
BHPian

Hi friends,

My SA called me this morning said my LUV has reached HYD and I told him to send me the VIN number and when I Decoded to my shock it was a May 2013 manufactured Ertiga. I was shocked as I was expecting a July or August one. When I asked the same to the SA, he said whatever Maruti sends they have to give and they won't keep any vehicle for so long and they donot have any control. I told him I want another car and not this one. He started telling that it might longer and he can't assure me anything. I said I don't mind. Do you guys think it is possible for Maruti to send such a old vehicle when Ertiga is selling like cakes. I am suspecting some thing fishy with the SA. Let me hope they get me another one soon.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:23   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Guess in this case your SA was right - http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...=home-business . Good that you opted for ZDI before the price hike itself.
Yes, indeed! I'm thankful to my SA in that regard. Would've been terribly frustrating to simply pay extra money for nothing, next month. Today I made the payment by cheque, so I would be getting the Sept price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Hi friends,

My SA called me this morning said my LUV has reached HYD and I told him to send me the VIN number and when I Decoded to my shock it was a May 2013 manufactured Ertiga. I was shocked as I was expecting a July or August one. When I asked the same to the SA, he said whatever Maruti sends they have to give and they won't keep any vehicle for so long and they donot have any control. I told him I want another car and not this one. He started telling that it might longer and he can't assure me anything. I said I don't mind. Do you guys think it is possible for Maruti to send such a old vehicle when Ertiga is selling like cakes. I am suspecting some thing fishy with the SA. Let me hope they get me another one soon.
I had the same experience, though mine is not as old as May, but it is a July version. My SA said there is a shortage currently & the next batch will come only after few weeks to a month. He said something about shifting of the production plant that manufactures Ertiga & Omni leading to a temporary shortage. Cant find any other mention on the web or through people in the know though. Some of the members here replied stating Ertiga is selling well & is also being exported. If it is May model, it should have taken normally 20-30 days for shipping from the production facility to the stockyard & not so long as few months! Which version & color is yours? Lighter colors & mid variants sell the most I'm told.

I need some advice
  • I decided to save myself Rs 1390 by not opting for the MGA floor mats which are reported to be crappy & instead get the 3D Kagu mats for 6.5K - liked this over the 3M nomad mats & vinyl flooring. However, now I dont get the MGA boot mat either since the floor mats + boot mat is a complete set. 3D Kagu mats provide foot mats only. Is there any place I can buy boot mat alone for Ertiga (with last row seats up)?
  • The SA has offered me a free accessory - either paint protection coating or underbody coating, but not both. These cost Rs 4K & Rs 4.5K respectively as per the accessory list. I live in Bangalore (not too wet) & may have to park my car outside quite a bit. Which 1 is suggested as higher value add & better savings? I read somewhere that paint protection isnt that useful & a car detailer told me the dealers dont do a great job.
csanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 22:34   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

Don't believe his theory,
I bought in 1st week of August , July Manufactured vehicle,
If you want I can PM my SA's number for checking out.
May is bit old vehicle, Try talking around and softly threaten to negotiate with other dealers, it should work out.
drkritik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 00:00   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends,

Firstly do not believe the SA.
I bought my Ertiga ZXi on July 11 and i got a jun manufactured car.
Check the vehicle if it is OK..then negotiate for some more discount.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 04:31   #1454
BHPian

Csanand: it's a Serene Blue VDI. The SA has told that he will check and get back to me today if he can get a new vehicle. If not I am canceling the booking. Drkritik: I will pm you.nothing wrong in checking with another one. Kalinga: I am not sure if he is telling the truth. If he has genuine reasons I might think about. Let me wait and see if he can arrange a newer one. Thanks guys for your inputs.

Last edited by venki.bala : 26th September 2013 at 04:34.
Old 26th September 2013, 06:50   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Csanand: it's a Serene Blue VDI. The SA has told that he will check and get back to me today if he can get a new vehicle. If not I am canceling the booking. Drkritik: I will pm you.nothing wrong in checking with another one. Kalinga: I am not sure if he is telling the truth. If he has genuine reasons I might think about. Let me wait and see if he can arrange a newer one. Thanks guys for your inputs.
May is not really that old date.
Having said that i dont think your SA is telling the truth. Tell him softly that there are other dealers who can give you newer ones. He must be just trying to push you something. May be you can even sweeten your deal in that process

FYI i got july make and almost got it in end of july.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks