Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2013, 18:16   #1546
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

If you are on a highway, especially doing 80-100kmph speeds, this can prove disastrous in case you are trying to change a lane to overtake or get back after overtaking.

Well at such speeds, the EPS will not be providing assist. I am told that the EPS assist starts fading out as speeds increase and at a certain speed it will totally cut off.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 18:30   #1547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Well at such speeds, the EPS will not be providing assist. I am told that the EPS assist starts fading out as speeds increase and at a certain speed it will totally cut off.
Well, that is what I have known ever since I have driven the WagonR equipped with EPS for over 2 lakhs too and mostly on highways too BUT its way too easy to make out the difference between a EPS and a Non-EPS car on a highway (I owned an Alto STD for less than 6 months that had no EPS). An EPS car, specially Maruti will constantly remind you how sensitive the steering is at higher speeds no matter if we assume that the EPS motor is in sleep mode till we wake it up when we suddenly brake and drop our speeds down to the 60s.

A completely dead EPS at any speed (even 80-100) is disastrous for sure. Only a voltage test can confirm the exact amount of assistance provided by the EPS Motor to the steering at such speeds.

The Problem here is: EPS Module becoming dead all of a sudden is always a surprise to the driver even if it happens at as less as 60kmph isn't it?

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th December 2013 at 18:47.
Old 18th December 2013, 11:29   #1548
Senior - BHPian

I Completed 5K service last week. And Was informed that there is Oil leak spotted near the sump. They refilled .5 ltr and asked me to get the car back for observation after few days.

SA informed me that if its leaking, it will be covered under warranty and some oil sump packing needs to be replaced.

Now i remember hearing this problem with another Ertiga on this forum. Is this a known issue with Ertiga diesels ?

My problem is i use my car daily and am dependent on it. I am bit upset that I need to leave the car for 2 days or so at garrage
Old 18th December 2013, 15:13   #1549
BHPian

Even I had the oil leak issue in my ZXI. This was fixed in the 1st service. The LUV was kept at the service center for 1 day for observation after fixing the issue. Now, the issue has not occurred again. The oil seal of the oil sump was replaced under warranty.

Regards
Suhas
Blr_RK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 12:11   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Even I had the oil leak issue in my ZXI. This was fixed in the 1st service. The LUV was kept at the service center for 1 day for observation after fixing the issue. Now, the issue has not occurred again. The oil seal of the oil sump was replaced under warranty.

Regards
Suhas
Thanks,

I went again to observe and SA confirms that there is a leak and he said something about Oil sump packing to be changed and i need to drop the car for couple of days.

He said it will be covered under warranty. But my question is, Did you pay for the oil refill ?
If i am not wrong, they will end up draining the oil to repair something like this and will they charge us the oil change fee even if its covered as a fault under warranty ? Did you pay any money ?
Old 19th December 2013, 14:35   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the picture of the leak area( Dark area is where it is oily)

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20131219_131715.jpg

Blr_RK Is this same as the problem you have observed ?
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 17:15   #1552
BHPian

Rajshenoy,

Yes, this is the area where the leakage was from. And no, they did not charge me for the oil re-fill.

Rgds
Blr_RK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 13:10   #1553
BHPian

Am concerned about the 2 major issues reported in Ertiga by some of the owners - Steering and oil leak issues.

If I am not wrong, these were reported from 2012 batches itself and there was an Ertiga accident in TN and was quoted that the driver felt that the steering did not respond while trying to maneuver. Why can't Maruti take it seriously? I was really scared of this particular issue when considering ZDI but had to go for it due to the lack of competent choices in this segment.

Some of the redundant issues reported by many Ertiga owners are:
- Power assist for Steering wheel cuts-off while on run or Warning light starts to glow while switching the ignition on. Switch-Off & Switch ON seems to work which explains that its a software issue rather than mechanical?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Really scary and sorry for the driver and his family. It is clear he was over speeding and looks like car did a nose dive below the bridge and landed on its face at pretty high speed.

Not sure if any car can survive such plunge. but did it leave the road due to any stability issue ?
mpksuhas
There was some update in Accidents in India thread regarding these pics. What is mentioned if true is even scarier, as per driver's wife and kids it seems he complained steering was not responding before crash.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2966103 (Accidents in India - PICS)
Maruti Recall - Steering Issues

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ing-issue.html
- Oil leak from Sump. Matter of changing the gasket/oil seal right? why does it take 2 days? Maruti still observing?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-page-3-a.html
- Hissing noise from Front Quarter glass panel
- Second row A/C blower unit making squeaky noise while on bad roads.

As many of us had wondered and wish to have an arm rest at the front and split seats at the rear-most, Came across the below done by Koyas Coimbatore. If already posted else where, Kindly remove this portion.

Extra cushion for the under-thigh. Steering wheel Leather finish too is pretty neat. Are those audio control portion easily removable to insert leather into that to get better finish like this?

Arm rest from Scorpio/Innova I think, Xylo's is a bit fat? I believe this needs some additional fabrication inside the seat to equate the weight.

Better angle of the arm rest. Even something from an Interstate travel bus will be fine?

Split 3rd row seat.

Additional hinges at the centre bottom piece?

Images from Koyas - Coimbatore. None of the above are my car. Posted this as it could give someone an idea to venture into a DIY or through FNG.

While Maruti gave a split seat in 2001 Wagon-R, Why can't they in 2013

Last edited by ganesc : 27th December 2013 at 13:13.
ganesc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 16:00   #1554
BHPian

Hello All

I got delivery of my new Ertiga Zxi with Alloys. Invoiced on the 28th of December and delivery on the 4th of January. I guess i got a good deal with the final On-road price in Chennai at 8.81 lakhs with 10k of accessories thrown it.
Thats about 40k cash discount with 2 years extended warranty thrown in for free. Let me know if any of you want to book a Maruti in Chennai and I can point you to my Sales Advisor who was very prompt and kept his word.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img20140104wa006.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img20140104wa007.jpg  

keshav1426 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 15:26   #1555
BHPian

While driving in sunny weather, the reflection of the dashboard in the front wind screen appears to be irritating & distorts the vision. I havent observed or noticed this in other cars. Maybe it is the specific angle & design of Ertiga that contributes to it.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

What could be a potential solution? I'm thinking of some kind of 3M or other film for the front screen...which doesnt reduce the amount of light but only cuts glare.
Old 6th January 2014, 16:30   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post
While driving in sunny weather, the reflection of the dashboard in the front wind screen appears to be irritating & distorts the vision. I havent observed or noticed this in other cars. Maybe it is the specific angle & design of Ertiga that contributes to it.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

What could be a potential solution? I'm thinking of some kind of 3M or other film for the front screen...which doesnt reduce the amount of light but only cuts glare.
Yes. I also felt this problem. This reflection I have not observed in my earlier car which is a FIAT Palio.
In fact I checked up about films but there is no film for cutting out only glare. The films that are available will have a max transmission of about 70-80% which I feel are not good since there is a significant blockage of light.
Old 6th January 2014, 19:41   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post

Yes. I also felt this problem. This reflection I have not observed in my earlier car which is a FIAT Palio.
In fact I checked up about films but there is no film for cutting out only glare. The films that are available will have a max transmission of about 70-80% which I feel are not good since there is a significant blockage of light.
I had the same problem in my Getz. I use polarized sunglasses for driving which has eliminated the glare.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 21:00   #1558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
..As many of us had wondered and wish to have an arm rest at the front and split seats at the rear-most, Came across the below done by Koyas Coimbatore. If already posted else where, Kindly remove this portion.

Extra cushion for the under-thigh. Steering wheel Leather finish too is pretty neat. Are those audio control portion easily removable to insert leather into that to get better finish like this?

Images from Koyas - Coimbatore. None of the above are my car. Posted this as it could give someone an idea to venture into a DIY or through FNG.
Really love the split seat, under thigh support & arm rests work.

Any idea what's the cost of upholstery work at Koyas? I have been hearing this name for long.

Had a look at the website; very few works like the above one makes a cut. Rest looks quite bland. It feels like watching a black & white TV in the time of these LED TVs. They do NOT seem to have picked up like the rest of the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
...While Maruti gave a split seat in 2001 Wagon-R, Why can't they in 2013
If they give a split seat in the first version, what will they do for the facelift?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th January 2014 at 21:02.
Old 6th January 2014, 21:16   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Really love the split seat, under thigh support & arm rests work.

Any idea what's the cost of upholstery work at Koyas? I have been hearing this name for long.

Had a look at the website; very few works like the above one makes a cut. Rest looks quite bland. It feels like watching a black & white TV in the time of these LED TVs. They do NOT seem to have picked up like the rest of the players.

If they give a split seat in the first version, what will they do for the facelift?
Koyas are one of the best in the business of custom seat upholstery. I did it from them for my elantra too. They are in business for many years and they did one of the best bucket seats for the Ambys. Those photos in the website wont give you much impression. You need to see them and feel them in person by sitting on it . They focus on Comfort. Most of the tamilnadu politician's amby, scorpio, innova have their seat cushioning done at Koyas.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 22:19   #1560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Koyas are one of the best in the business of custom seat upholstery. I did it from them for my elantra too. They are in business for many years and they did one of the best bucket seats for the Ambys. Those photos in the website wont give you much impression. You need to see them and feel them in person by sitting on it . They focus on Comfort. Most of the tamilnadu politician's amby, scorpio, innova have their seat cushioning done at Koyas.
Howz their prices? And what all kind of materials do they use? To me, it seem they use a lot of velvet kinda material and hence the question.

Also do we need to take prior appointment in case we need to get the work done? How much time does it typically take?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks