Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 19:13   #1711
JLS
BHPian

Third Service @10K KM

Hi all,
I am taking my Ertiga ZDI for 3rd service tomorrow, and have following queries:

1. Have changed oil in 1st and 2nd services, which was charged around 1100 Rs each time and oil grade was 5W40. Service tech clearly told that this is the oil Maruti recommends for Ertiga Diesel. I believe this would be a semi-synthetic oil as a) synthetic would be much costlier and b) mineral oils are not available in 5W40 grade.
I seek advice from forum members, on whether it is advisable to switch to Synthetic oil on third service. My running is normal driving - home to office commute, 60 KM (two ways) daily. I am asking because many forum members have mentioned in different posts about Ertiga coming from factory with Synthetic oil and Maruti recommending only Synthetic oil for Ertiga Diesel.

2. Does it make great difference in lighting by changing to Phillips Xtreme 60/55 bulbs. I am not too happy with the lights, but do not want to go for higher capacity (100/90 with relays etc). And also, will service center be able to provide and replace these bulbs or I will have to source these from outside and provide to service center

3. I am not happy with horn also and seek advise from people here, whether anybody have changed the standard horn to alternate one and can service center assist in any way?

4. Have standard issue of small vibration noise from seats or somewhere. Does anybody have found any standard and lasting solution. Service tech is willing and trying but, was unable to solve this issue during first two services

5. Noise from overhead AC blower. This was resolved in 2nd service and has not appeared again, however I am not happy with the finish of roof lining after this fix. If I push the lining near visor, there seems a clear gap between car body and lining. Has anybody faced this, and if yes, how have you resolved this.

Thanks for reading and please help with your response against whichever point you can.

Also, please share in case any other points to be taken care during third service.

Regards,

JLS
Old 9th May 2014, 19:25   #1712
Senior - BHPian

1100 sounds bit less for oil. Are you sure they did replacement or just top up ?

I filled shell synthetic oil and costed around 3400 for oil and filter

Its not a big amount considering your usage is good. Engine is smooth

But they are not really forcing anyone for only synthetic . Purely personal choice
Old 9th May 2014, 20:00   #1713
JLS
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
1100 sounds bit less for oil. Are you sure they did replacement or just top up ?

I filled shell synthetic oil and costed around 3400 for oil and filter

Its not a big amount considering your usage is good. Engine is smooth

But they are not really forcing anyone for only synthetic . Purely personal choice
Yes, oil was changed and quantity clearly mentioned 3.1 lt.
I believe it was semi synthetic and hence the price 1100.

Will this semi-synthetic last thru 10000 service interval?

Regards,

JLS
Old 9th May 2014, 20:54   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Re: Third Service @10K KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
1. Have changed oil in 1st and 2nd services, which was charged around 1100 Rs each time and oil grade was 5W40. Service tech clearly told that this is the oil Maruti recommends for Ertiga Diesel. I believe this would be a semi-synthetic oil as a) synthetic would be much costlier and b) mineral oils are not available in 5W40 grade.
2. Does it make great difference in lighting by changing to Phillips Xtreme 60/55 bulbs. I am not too happy with the lights, but do not want to go for higher capacity (100/90 with relays etc). And also, will service center be able to provide and replace these bulbs or I will have to source these from outside and provide to service center
3. I am not happy with horn also and seek advise from people here, whether anybody have changed the standard horn to alternate one and can service center assist in any way?
4. Have standard issue of small vibration noise from seats or somewhere. Does anybody have found any standard and lasting solution. Service tech is willing and trying but, was unable to solve this issue during first two services
5. Noise from overhead AC blower. This was resolved in 2nd service and has not appeared again, however I am not happy with the finish of roof lining after this fix. If I push the lining near visor, there seems a clear gap between car body and lining. Has anybody faced this, and if yes, how have you resolved this.
1. Normal oil or semi-synthetic would do just fine.
2. Light upgrade recommended if you do a lot of highway driving. City use and city outskirts, the stock bulbs are fine. the ASC can source it, but it depends on whether they stock replacement bulbs at their accessory section. We need to check with them. Else, your nearest accessory store would have then for sure. On Most occassions, fitment is complementary by the store guy (ask/demand for it)
3. Same comments as for lights.
4. Very difficult to tell a solution without hearing or having more details on the vibration. I recommended rubbing with leather cleaner for a "keech" sound that was appearing because of seat rubbing against each other.
5. At the very best, you could do a DIY or go to the local mechanic shop and ask them to fit it again properly. It should be a 15 minute & Rs 50 job at the best.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 9th May 2014 at 20:56.
Old 9th May 2014, 23:43   #1715
BANNED

Quote:
Hi all,

1. Have changed oil in 1st and 2nd services, which was charged around 1100 Rs each time and oil grade was 5W40.
Rs 1100 for 3.1litres is not correct at all. They have filled in mineral oil but billed synthetic. During my Swift's third service I was charged Rs 1008/litre for synthetic oil. Find the servicing OK as my daily driving is 110 kms though the customer is not pressurised go for synthetic oil.

Quote:
a) synthetic oil would be much costlier
Mineral is around 280-300 /lt;

Semi synthetic is around 600-700 /lt;

Synthetic 900-1100/lt.

Quote:
b) mineral oils are not available in 5W40 grade.
Your right. Mineral is not available in this grade.

Quote:
I seek advice from forum members, on whether it is advisable to switch to Synthetic oil on third service.
When the car cones filled with synthetic oil why worry when servicing the car? Isn't it better to follow the owners manual? I have completed my Swift's 3rd service and the oil filled was synthetic.

Quote:
And also, will service center be able to provide and replace these bulbs or I will have to source these from outside and provide to service center
But the pair if Philips Xtreme Vision on Ebay or any shop, fit it yourself. Simple DIY that takes 10 minutes.

Quote:
Find out if there an issue with warranty with the dealer. You can't guess as to how and where they cancel the warranty for such a replacement. I don't find any issue with the horns from factory - Hella ones.

Quote:
4. Have standard issue of small vibration noise from seats or somewhere.
Could be great if more details are provided so that things can be understood to sort out.

Quote:
If I push the lining near visor, there seems a clear gap between car body and lining. Has anybody faced this, and if yes, how have you resolved this.
Why don't you ask the ASC to refit the liner and they should do it for without any problem. Try and ask them once rather than visiting any mechanic.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th May 2014 at 23:46.
Old 10th May 2014, 08:40   #1716
Senior - BHPian

We changed brake pads at 32xxx kms. Total cost including labor was Rs. 35xx
Old 11th May 2014, 09:24   #1717

To All Ertiga Buddies

My Ertiga Expereince at 34XXX KMS:

1. I am very much happy with Ertiga (Extended Hatch)
2. Performs as a Hatch with 2 extra seats and lot of boot space when used as 5 seater hatch
3. Read about Gear Shifting and Stearing Column issues, and want to share:
a. 2nd Gear Shifting was getting locked (33xxx Kms)- They over hauled the gearbox, replaced a Coupler Ring, Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate was replaced in warranty (Got to know that few ertigas have faced similar issues)
b. Replaced Steering Column/Rack at 30000Kms Service. Problem of sound in steering column was detected at 11000Kms after followup and repeated complaint was replaced in warranty.
c. I wrote to maruti regarding good service from the service dealer but not expected such major replacements at 30000Kms clocking from a maruti product, but no reply from maruti

Rajesh
Rajesh Wagle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 15:22   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Wagle View Post
To All Ertiga Buddies

My Ertiga Expereince at 34XXX KMS:

1. I am very much happy with Ertiga (Extended Hatch)
2. Performs as a Hatch with 2 extra seats and lot of boot space when used as 5 seater hatch
3. Read about Gear Shifting and Stearing Column issues, and want to share:
a. 2nd Gear Shifting was getting locked (33xxx Kms)- They over hauled the gearbox, replaced a Coupler Ring, Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate was replaced in warranty (Got to know that few ertigas have faced similar issues)
b. Replaced Steering Column/Rack at 30000Kms Service. Problem of sound in steering column was detected at 11000Kms after followup and repeated complaint was replaced in warranty.
c. I wrote to maruti regarding good service from the service dealer but not expected such major replacements at 30000Kms clocking from a maruti product, but no reply from maruti

Rajesh
As you have mentioned about the steering column, I received my November'13 Ertiga Vdi with this kind of column cover fitment as default.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wp_20140215_012.jpg
During the PDI, I mentioned this problem to the SE, to which she replied," sir saari cars mein aisa he aata hai."(all cars come like this) Complained about this during 1st service at MASS, they refitted the cover. But even that didn't help.
I am really frustated looking at this in a new car. What should I do?
Old 11th May 2014, 20:18   #1719
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4k_jz View Post
Complained about this during 1st service at MASS, they refitted the cover. But even that didn't help. I am really frustated looking at this in a new car. What should I do?
Go to an FNG and try it out once, if that doesn't work go to MASS and ask them to try fitting a new cover and see if it aligns.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 10:34   #1720
Team-BHP Support

Stumbled upon the MGA catalog for Ertiga while browsing through some random stuff. Has pricing of various accessories for the Ertiga. Might be useful for the owners.

Ertiga MGA.pdf

Source
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 17:39   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Go to an FNG and try it out once, if that doesn't work go to MASS and ask them to try fitting a new cover and see if it aligns.

Anurag.
Hope the FNG could do something otherwise I will ask MASS to replace the faulty cover under warranty. Should I talk to the dealer or MASS regarding warranty?
thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 19:08   #1722
BANNED

Quote:

Hope the FNG could do something otherwise I will ask MASS to replace the faulty cover under warranty. Should I talk to the dealer or MASS regarding warranty?
Put a word at the dealer and also talk to the service head/territory service manager and get the work done.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 20:44   #1723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks
If panel misalignment is what you are wanting to solve, I think its a common issue in many cars I have seen. Though my sx4 has a well fit keyhole, the WagonR has the same kind of misalignment like your ertiga. Also since these parts are of the interlocking type, every time its removed and refit, the positions are altered due to bending of the locks.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2014, 21:47   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If panel misalignment is what you are wanting to solve, I think its a common issue in many cars I have seen. Though my sx4 has a well fit keyhole, the WagonR has the same kind of misalignment like your ertiga. Also since these parts are of the interlocking type, every time its removed and refit, the positions are altered due to bending of the locks.
This is the quality of factory fitting Maruti has come down to. I couldn't snap a picture of the sun visor, even that was loose during the PDI. I will soon be uploading my initial ownership review of my ertiga vdi 2013 and also the experience with the dealer(Competent automobiles, connaught place, New Delhi).

What did you do with the WagonR's misalignment? Is it solved now?
Old 13th May 2014, 14:10   #1725
BHPian

Picked up my Ertiga ZXI a week back. My thoughts on 1 week of ownership:
  1. Love the space in the car. 6 well-sized adults and 2 well-built kids sat at a time for 30 mins drive, no one complained. Mission Accomplished.
  2. Great driving dynamics. Coming from i10 it just feel different and more enjoyable.
  3. Love sea of beige around the car, used to it thanks to i10.
  4. Good stock music system.
  5. Definitely needs central arm-rest for driver, not putting one is big goof-up from maruti and not providing it as MGA is bigger goof-up.

Very early days in ownership but thoroughly enjoying the Ertiga.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks