Old 19th May 2014, 13:33   #1741
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
The details are in my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3436659
I have the same one in my Fiesta.
I see that you also have not used the supplied metal brackets.

Beware, this thing starts squeaky movements after a little bit of time.
Old 19th May 2014, 13:41   #1742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Beware, this thing starts squeaky movements after a little bit of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
The details are in my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3436659
So, the question is if this is worth installing. I have a new Dzire and have been looking for a centre arm rest for a while. Most of these universal arm rest are not compatible with the Dzire, so I want to be double sure before ordering.
Old 19th May 2014, 13:44   #1743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
So, the question is if this is worth installing. I have a new Dzire and have been looking for a centre arm rest for a while. Most of these universal arm rest are not compatible with the Dzire, so I want to be double sure before ordering.
Oh, its worth it, definitely.
just keep revisiting the mounts every few months. tightening, replacing, etc etc.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2014, 15:11   #1744
Distinguished - BHPian

I am yet to install the armrest for the Ertiga. However, I have been using one for the WagonR since more than 3 years now. It remains intact for all the usage over the last few years of resting my arm over it.

The installation itself is simple as you can see from KALINGA's post. The primary aspect to check would be:

1. Width of the center Gear lever console of the car
2. Width of the Base provided with the Armrest

Both of the above should almost match in terms of width. Anything more or less would only been expanding or compressing the base of the armrest putting it under pressure.

With the base expanded/compressed, the screw head will also not fit well.

Thirdly, it is also important to check the gap between the seats. The armrest should not rub the seats when you move either of the front seats (L or R) forward or backward.

I plan to DIY install the armrest sooner and will post pictures of the installation.

What I am aiming for is to install it without drilling holes on the plastic and hence planning a DIY Clamp to fix this.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:15   #1745
BHPian

Need urgent advice please.

My Ertiga has gone for 10K service. I got upholstery cleaning done. I noticed that the last row seat's backrest has a play of some 2 inches, ie, it moves 2 inches back & forth so I sent it back to the workshop. I think/remember this was not the case earlier. But the SA tells me this is the case in few other Ertiga's he checked.

Can other Ertiga users confirm how it is in their cars?

Last edited by csanand : 22nd May 2014 at 12:16.
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:30   #1746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post
Need urgent advice please.

My Ertiga has gone for 10K service. I got upholstery cleaning done. I noticed that the last row seat's backrest has a play of some 2 inches, ie, it moves 2 inches back & forth so I sent it back to the workshop. I think/remember this was not the case earlier. But the SA tells me this is the case in few other Ertiga's he checked.

Can other Ertiga users confirm how it is in their cars?
This is absolutely normal. There is a play in my car's third row's backrest as well. And yes, easily 1-2 Inches back and forth.

I find this perfectly normal considering the fact that the 3rd row is supposed to be foldable for luggage and the hinges cannot be too tight as well plus it is resting with the support right on the hinges where the seat and backrest meet rather than hook type mechanism that you normally see in most sedans/hatchbacks.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd May 2014 at 12:31.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 12:10   #1747
BHPian

Considering the Ertiga to replace my 4.5 Year old Manza. Has anyone in the forum tried altering the third row to 60:40 / 50:50 Split seats? Please let me know. Pardon my ignorance incase this question is already asked/answered.
Old 25th May 2014, 13:16   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
Considering the Ertiga to replace my 4.5 Year old Manza. Has anyone in the forum tried altering the third row to 60:40 / 50:50 Split seats? Please let me know. Pardon my ignorance incase this question is already asked/answered.
If you have some patience I would advice to wait for the next two months. The Honda Mobilio is going to be launched in the month of July. I am sure to counter that Maruti would definitely spruce up the Ertiga. Split third row seats, ACC, and there could be few more add ons. If not that then at least there would be some good discounts or schemes on the Ertiga. Hence patience is the virtue.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 13:37   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
If you have some patience I would advice to wait for the next two months.
Thanks Autoindian . I know you were looking for a used Innova / new car, have you decided or waiting for Mobilio? Right now, I am getting around 45000Rs discount on Ertiga and hence getting tempted.

Ps: Based on a december article no facelift is expected this year: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/12/s...donesia-110532

Last edited by sajanjohn : 25th May 2014 at 13:40. Reason: typo correction, added external link as source
sajanjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 13:53   #1750
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Autoindian . I know you were looking for a used Innova / new car, have you decided or waiting for Mobilio? Right now, I am getting around 45000Rs discount on Ertiga and hence getting tempted.

Ps: Based on a december article no facelift is expected this year
The facelift for the Ertiga will either be announced near the launch of the Honda Mobilio or the facelift will be done after the Mobilio is launched looking at the market response. Maruti is clever, they are sitting back and observing with nail-biting tension.

That is a nice discount on offer. BTW, which model and variant are you looking at?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 14:10   #1751
BHPian

Hi Anurag,

I am looking at ZDI variant.
sajanjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 15:35   #1752
BHPian

I am also waiting for Mobilio launch to take a decision. Any chance of getting 1.6 engine with Ertiga facelift? Since mobilio is coming with 1.5L engine, Maruti may be forced to give an upgrade. At the moment, Ertiga is selling like hot cakes.
Old 25th May 2014, 17:31   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ps: Based on a december article no facelift is expected this year: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/12/s...donesia-110532
You are perfectly right. I am still in the hunt for that perfect family MUV and I have kept my options wide open. A used Innova Oct 2011, V model, run about 55k kms will become available in Oct 2014, most probably at 8.5 lacs. 45k discount on the Ertiga is too good an offer to resist. Is this an all cash discount or some accessories are included in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The facelift for the Ertiga will either be announced near the launch of the Honda Mobilio or the facelift will be done after the Mobilio is launched looking at the market response. Maruti is clever, they are sitting back and observing with nail-biting tension.
I agree with you Anurag and I am hoping exactly for the same. Second half of 2014 is going to be win-win situation for the MUV customer. If Mobilio doesn't impress me and somehow the used Innova deal does not work out for me then I am all game for the Ertiga. How I wish if MSIL brings out a more powerful Ertga with the 1.6 litre fiat engine which they are going to plonk in the upcoming S-Cross. That would be perfect answer for the Mobilio and would sound the death knell for Mobilio even before it hits the road. Come on Maruti, you can do that.
Old 25th May 2014, 19:42   #1754
BANNED

Quote:
A used Innova Oct 2011, V model, run about 55k kms will become available in Oct 2014, most probably at 8.5 lacs.
I love the Innova so be in it any form I recommend the Innova.

That too only 55K driven which means that car should be in good condition and is a steal for 8.5L.

Quote:
If Mobilio doesn't impress me and somehow the used Innova deal does not work out for me then I am all game for the Ertiga.
Seeing the pictures, reviews etc, I feel the Innova still has no competitor and if only a customer doesn't want to pay hefty price for the top-end then Ertiga is the only choice. I hate the dashboard so it is deal breaker for me anyway.

AFAIK, the Ertiga is bought as a second option and not directly.

Quote:
How I wish if MSIL brings out a more powerful Ertga with the 1.6 litre fiat engine

.Come on Maruti, you can do that.
Lol, nice wish you have Sir. Knowing MSIL I'll be happy if they launch the S-Cross with the 1.6L engine, Ciaz and Ertiga would follow suit. In the current situation Ertiga will not be the torch-bearer for new technologies.

MSIL is not going to do anything till the Mobilio is launched. Seeing the Mobilio, MSIL will chalk out a quick plan. If MSIL doesn't react quick then they'll loose the chance.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th May 2014 at 19:43.
Old 25th May 2014, 19:53   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I love the Innova so be in it any form I recommend the Innova.

That too only 55K driven which means that car should be in good condition and is a steal for 8.5L.

Seeing the pictures, reviews etc, I feel the Innova still has no competitor and if only a customer doesn't want to pay hefty price for the top-end then Ertiga is the only choice. I hate the dashboard so it is deal breaker for me anyway.

AFAIK, the Ertiga is bought as a second option and not directly.
Hello Anurag, I will reply to you in private as discussing anything further about Innova on this Ertiga thread would be bit . Hope you don't mind.

Most Viewed