Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 11:12   #1801
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+1

My dad is one of this lot. The best of all worlds we get, be it space, utility and comfort.

Hats-off to Maruti.

Anurag.

Has anyone changed the last row seats to split fold type? It would be very useful then for 6 people with more space for luggage, which is my requirement sometimes.
Old 10th June 2014, 11:20   #1802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Has anyone changed the last row seats to split fold type? It would be very useful then for 6 people with more space for luggage, which is my requirement sometimes.
Refer the posts a few pages back on this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Split 3rd row seat.

Additional hinges at the centre bottom piece?

Images from Koyas - Coimbatore. None of the above are my car. Posted this as it could give someone an idea to venture into a DIY or through FNG.

While Maruti gave a split seat in 2001 Wagon-R, Why can't they in 2013

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th June 2014 at 11:37.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 17:10   #1803
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest people to wait till they officially provide split seats. My main worry with aftermarket solution is increased rattles which is typical of any maruti

Once they start offering split seats one can pay money to get seats replaced
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 20:35   #1804
BHPian

I want to remove those monsters of rain visors, especially those front ones which are blocking a significant portion of the visual field. These are not from MGA. Any solutions on how to remove the stains the sticker material would leave?
An alternate plan I'm pondering over is to simply cut out that part which is obstructing the vision.
Old 10th June 2014, 22:24   #1805
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
I want to remove those monsters of rain visors, especially those front ones which are blocking a significant portion of the visual field. These are not from MGA. Any solutions on how to remove the stains the sticker material would leave?
An alternate plan I'm pondering over is to simply cut out that part which is obstructing the vision.
If you don't mind can you share the picture of the part that is disturbing your vision and the rain visor.

Go to 3M or any car detailing shop for the residual (glue) sticker removal. It is a spray that loosens the glue.

Anurag.
Old 10th June 2014, 22:58   #1806
BHPian

Hi friends, Have a small query. My Ertiga is about to be serviced for the third free service schedule.Problem is I am out of town for a few days & can get it to a MASS only around the 15th of june. But by that time it will be late by approx. 15 days acc. to third free service schedule of 1year. Although it has clocked around 7k kms., I want to know whether this will have any bearing on the warranty of my car in future from Maruti if any need arises. Kindly post your opinions.
Thanks.
Old 11th June 2014, 05:28   #1807
Senior - BHPian

The Ertiga has been launched in South Africa now. They get only petrol engine and there is an automatic too in the line up. The LXi equivalent there comes with ABS, EBD and 2 air-bags as standard

Also, India is the only place that the Ertiga is manufactured in. The vehicle is exported in LHD and RHD formats to other countries

Last edited by TheARUN : 11th June 2014 at 05:29. Reason: Adding text
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 06:26   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Hi friends, Have a small query. My Ertiga is about to be serviced for the third free service schedule.Problem is I am out of town for a few days & can get it to a MASS only around the 15th of june. But by that time it will be late by approx. 15 days acc. to third free service schedule of 1year. Although it has clocked around 7k kms., I want to know whether this will have any bearing on the warranty of my car in future from Maruti if any need arises. Kindly post your opinions.
Thanks.
Don't worry 2 weeks or 1k kms is typically fine.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 08:57   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you don't mind can you share the picture of the part that is disturbing your vision and the rain visor.

Go to 3M or any car detailing shop for the residual (glue) sticker removal. It is a spray that loosens the glue.

Anurag.
Frankly, I have a little or no idea about posting pictures here on TBHP. Would someone help me out?
I did go to 3M in my area, they said they did not have the glue remover then.
Old 11th June 2014, 09:13   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Thanks.
Call up MASS, fix an appointment for your service (e.g.: 15-June). Mention the details/ delay to the person who is helping you with the appointment. I'm sure they would assure that you are covered. Rest easy thereafter..
vinjosep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 12:47   #1811
BHPian

Agree that 195/60 will be more close to the stock size with -1% change in diameter.
But the set up I am using 195/65 is +2% changed from the stock. 2% is also in acceptable limits and that will give around 6mm increase in side wall height and thereby increasing (1) Ground clearance by 6 mm (2) slightly better cushioning (better ride).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
195 60 R15 should be the correct profile.
Old 13th June 2014, 21:55   #1812
BANNED

we have decided to mostly go for the Ertiga now but it will either be VDi or ZDi. Does the VDi come with stereo? And Airbags? I think ABS is optional right?
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 22:34   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
we have decided to mostly go for the Ertiga now but it will either be VDi or ZDi. Does the VDi come with stereo? And Airbags? I think ABS is optional right?
VDi comes with ABS & Stereo. Even LDi also have the ABS.
Airbags are only with ZXi & ZDi.

Go for ZDi its really VFM.(In comparison to Innova)
KALINGA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 22:37   #1814
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
VDi comes with ABS & Stereo. Even LDi also have the ABS.
Airbags are only with ZXi & ZDi.

Go for ZDi its really VFM.(In comparison to Innova)
aha thats the catch. airbags are must have so i guess ZDi it is.

and how much FE does the DDis engine give in the Ertiga?

Last edited by kisharchit : 13th June 2014 at 22:40.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 22:59   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisharchit View Post
aha thats the catch. airbags are must have so i guess ZDi it is.

and how much FE does the DDis engine give in the Ertiga?
Actually, I have the ZXi model Ertiga. So I can tell you the FE of petrol model.
I am getting 13 KMPL with 60% AC in the city and around 15/16 KMPL on highway with 90% AC.

Some of my friends have the ZDi model, they are claiming around 17 KMPL in city and 18/19 KMPL on highway with 100% AC.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks