Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:56   #2026
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

For long nobody is talking about general car accessories in this thread; I thought of sharing some of the useful accessories which I have put in my Ertiga. This might be useful to many of the existing or new Buyers

To start with
# Door Handle Scratch Protection Film (ordered through Ebay-DIY)

# Door Edge Protection Film

# Gear Lock

# 3M Mats for front/ Middle and Back Seats

# Valcro between seat and body frame to protect Carpet against Dust
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-door-handle-scratch-protection.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-door-edge-protection-film.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-gear-lock.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-front-seat-3m-mat.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-middle-seat-3m-mat.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-back-seat-3m-mat.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-3m-mats.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-valcro.jpg  

Old 7th September 2014, 20:12   #2027
BHPian

When the Ertiga was launched there was a whole booklet of accessories that were available. I am sure the offerings would have gone up over the last 2 years.

I went in for

a. Gear lock (MGA)

b. Additional amp, JBL speakers and damping (MGA)

c. 3M nomad mats

d. Moved the aux lights from my Opel to Ertiga (not a MGA)

e. Thule roof top box (not MGA)

f. Door sills (MGA)

g. Leather seat covers, steering wheel, gear knob and door trims (not MGA)

h. Under chassis anti rust coating - 3M (not MGA but also done at Maruti workshops)

i. Bumper protection and side panels (MGA)

j. Engine protection plate - (non MGA)

Overall the service on the MGA I got was satisfactory. Could have been better but I guess things were new for them as well. They found it difficult to fix the gear lock but I really insisted that they fix it and fix it properly. Which after a couple of visits they were able to do so.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 22:17   #2028
BANNED

Can anyone here tell me the price for the "ZDi" badge?

Someone has flicked it along with a damage to the bumper and the boot lid.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th September 2014 at 22:20.
Old 10th September 2014, 15:32   #2029
BHPian

Hi,
I have just finalised on the Zxi and should be ready to get delivery soon. The above posts regarding accessories have been very helpful.
I am keen to change my HU to a Blaupunkt San Diego (2 Dinn system) which has bluetooth, DVD(which i really dont need), reverse camera input, built in maps etc. MGA does not have the model i want- so how does it work so that the warranty isnt void?
Do i give them the new HU and ask them to fit it- in that case what happens to the inbuilt unit- do they discount for it (I dont need it)?
Am i better off getting the reverse camera or just reverse sensors? If i put the former am i better off getting Maruti to the drilling and wiring and then getting it connected to the ICE unit or can i get it all from the non maruti installer without voiding the warranty?

Other accessories i am planning include:
3M Nomad mats- probably need to buy them elsewhere than MGA (the MGA mats seem bad)
Front and rear bumper protectors
Possibly rear UPPER body spoiler (not sure how it looks)
Upgrade the speakers to possibly JBL (not sure which type i need so any advice very much appreciated)
Considering underbody anti rust treatment- but i want the 3M one, dont know if Maruti can do that.
AC filter
I shall be changing the seat covers at a later date.
I would really appreciate any advice as i need to sit down with the dealer tomorrow.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:22   #2030
BHPian

Hello,

I have the San Diego installed on my car during delivery. I brought the system from outside and bought speakers, wiring kit and amp from dealer. So he did the fixing. They will say warranty can still be an issue, however since you are doing this at dealer should be fine.

I bought Infinity Reference 6502ix Coaxial Speaker and Infinity - PR6500CS - 6.5 component speakers with JBL GTX646 - 4 Channel Amplifier from Dealer. I have also bought Scosche wiring kit and a reverse camera from the dealer. He did charge me at MRP and then gave a discount on top which was nowhere close to what you can get at snapdeal. However, he did all the fitting properly with out any issues. Later, I took the car to an external guy and did some sound deadening as well.

Ps: you can avoid the amplifier as its not really a need and my car body vibrates if I increase the volume to 13 or more :P

Ps Ps: Dealer will not take back the original stereo, you can keep it or sell it on OLX. I sold mine with in two weeks after putting up on OLX.

Last edited by sajanjohn : 10th September 2014 at 16:23. Reason: added more comments
Old 10th September 2014, 16:23   #2031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can anyone here tell me the price for the "ZDi" badge?...
Should be around Rs. 100/- max. A pair of "DDiS" costs something around that, so a ZDi could be lesser.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:52   #2032
BHPian

I bought Infinity Reference 6502ix Coaxial Speaker and Infinity - PR6500CS - 6.5 component speakers with JBL GTX646 - 4 Channel Amplifier from Dealer. I have also bought Scosche wiring kit and a reverse camera from the dealer. He did charge me at MRP and then gave a discount on top which was nowhere close to what you can get at snapdeal. However, he did all the fitting properly with out any issues. Later, I took the car to an external guy and did some sound deadening as well.

Ps: you can avoid the amplifier as its not really a need and my car body vibrates if I increase the volume to 13 or more :P

Thanks Sajan, much appreciate your quick reply.
Could i ask you for or anyone else for some advice.
I was considering using the JBL speakers listed on the MGA website. ( i have JBL in my current Getz and they are much better than the Sony i had earlier- never heard infinity and have no idea of the relative cost).
listed on the MGA website- they have options of 400w(Rs 4590) 280 W(Rs 2990) 260 W (Rs 3090), 150W (Rs 4590), 100W (rs 2990)- i have no idea what would be suitable to pair with the San Diego- I am not really into heavy bass or window shattering music, just like good quality sound but not audiophile be any means.
By the way how do you find the quality of GPS mapping and Bluetooth on the San Diego- there were a few complaints online.
Any advice or suggestions much appreciated.
Old 10th September 2014, 17:48   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudraksh2005 View Post
Hi,
I have just finalised on the Zxi and should be ready to get delivery soon. The above posts regarding accessories have been very helpful.
I am keen to change my HU to a Blaupunkt San Diego (2 Dinn system) which has bluetooth, DVD(which i really dont need), reverse camera input, built in maps etc. MGA does not have the model i want- so how does it work so that the warranty isnt void?
Do i give them the new HU and ask them to fit it- in that case what happens to the inbuilt unit- do they discount for it (I dont need it)?
Am i better off getting the reverse camera or just reverse sensors? If i put the former am i better off getting Maruti to the drilling and wiring and then getting it connected to the ICE unit or can i get it all from the non maruti installer without voiding the warranty?

Other accessories i am planning include:
3M Nomad mats- probably need to buy them elsewhere than MGA (the MGA mats seem bad)
Front and rear bumper protectors
Possibly rear UPPER body spoiler (not sure how it looks)
Upgrade the speakers to possibly JBL (not sure which type i need so any advice very much appreciated)
Considering underbody anti rust treatment- but i want the 3M one, dont know if Maruti can do that.
AC filter
I shall be changing the seat covers at a later date.
I would really appreciate any advice as i need to sit down with the dealer tomorrow.
The warranty will be void only if the Factory wiring is cut. You can buy connecting Kits for Sandiego to suit any Car type. You have to buy the HU and along with the connecting kits and Steering Wheel Configuration/Control Kit. These might cost you about 4000. Once You have the connecting Kits and Sandiego you can get them fixed by any trained Techie who the Sandiego supplier might have.

Sandiego accepts Reverse Cam input. But get the Reverse Cam fixed at the Dealership as it might need powering from the circuits in the rear side of the car (Typically the Reverse light) and might need some splicing of Reverse Gear switch wires which only the ASS should do.

I have fixed one in City, all is well. The maps provided are TomTom and or Ok type. For City use they will be ok. BT is very good. It provides you with a external mic option also which is software configurable (you can switch from Internal to External any time). So you can keep your external mic in front of you.

Last edited by Seran Manian : 10th September 2014 at 17:52.
Old 15th September 2014, 09:19   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got here Limited Edition Ertiga? I am eager to buy one for myself. Thinking of it strongly. I want to know, are there any discounts on it? One dealer told me it will take 1-2 months for delivery. Is it true? What all accessories it is coming with? One dealer said leather like seat covers as well part of the package, one says No. I am confused.
Old 16th September 2014, 17:04   #2035
BHPian

Hi all. I bought me an Etriga ZDi 2 weeks back.

In general, I am pretty happy with the car and its drive-ability. Its easy to drive in traffic and is smooth and refined. Although the clutch feels a tad hard.

However, one irritation is the pulling power (or lack of) of the car on gradients.

My basement parking has an exit ramp that slopes upwards just after a 90 degree turn, and the car struggles to pull up the ramp. If I have an entry speed of even 5-7 kmph, then it is able to pull easily. But if I slow down just before the ramp starts (since there is a turn and an uneven surface), then it barely manages to pull up.

It feels that it might even start rolling down any minute.

At one point when I tried to slip the clutch while revving the engine, it just started spinning the wheels, but didn't budge upwards an inch. This was with the steering turned at full lock. At other times, when the car slowed down after the turn, then the wheels would spin up, but the car would still budge forward and then stutter upward.

Could it be that the differential at full lock sent the wheel into a spin? I am now considering upsizing the tyres if that would help?

Is this how turbo diesels are in general, or it there something wrong with my car?

Edit: Oh and all this is with just me, or at max one passenger. Absolutely not loaded.

Last edited by herculesksp : 16th September 2014 at 17:05.
Old 16th September 2014, 19:47   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
Congrats @herculesksp.

Quote:
My basement parking has an exit ramp that slopes upwards just after a 90 degree turn, and the car struggles to pull up the ramp. If I have an entry speed of even 5-7 kmph, then it is able to pull easily. But if I slow down just before the ramp starts (since there is a turn and an uneven surface), then it barely manages to pull up.

I am assuming you are doing this in first gear without AC turned on.

I used to face a similar situation in my previous company's office where there is a steep ramp after a 90 degree turn. I had to turn slowly and then climb. My experience was similar to yours when the car was new. After the car had put in more miles (not sure exactly how much, but after a few thousand km) the response from engine improved and it used to climb better. Not sure if it really helps but I also used to idle the engine for about 2 minutes after starting it and then move forward.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:18   #2037
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post

In general, I am pretty happy with the car and its drive-ability. Its easy to drive in traffic and is smooth and refined. Although the clutch feels a tad hard.

However, one irritation is the pulling power (or lack of) of the car on gradients.

What is the surface below?

I guess you don't slip the clutch much! Else you'll have a premature failure of the same.

Anurag.
Old 17th September 2014, 11:44   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Congrats @herculesksp.
I am assuming you are doing this in first gear without AC turned on.

Not sure if it really helps but I also used to idle the engine for about 2 minutes after starting it and then move forward.
Yup, of course. No A/C. First Gear. Single Driver.

Ya, I'll try idling a while after start and warming up the turbo. This being my first diesel, probably have to operate it differently.

Quote:

I guess you don't slip the clutch much! Else you'll have a premature failure of the same.

Anurag.
Naa... usually I don't slip the clutch. In fact don't recall ever doing in any of my previous cars. In this one too I tried just a couple of times, but that didn't help any.
Old 17th September 2014, 12:19   #2039
BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.
Was too late to edit the previous reply.

The ramp is cemented with parallel striped grooves. However at the turning some sections are slightly chipped. Maybe the tyres are losing traction there. But it doesn't seem overtly either smooth or gravelly.
Old 19th September 2014, 21:44   #2040
Senior - BHPian

I have a query on the Audio quality between the V and Z trims. We all know that the Z trim has extra tweeters in addition to the speaker setup of V trim.

Apart from the look and feel of the Head unit, the quality of speakers is same in both. So how much difference does the Tweeters make ?

I am pretty happy with the music quality of my VDI, so i do not plan to change the stock speakers.

But if the tweeters make considerable difference to the clarity and overall audio experience(and do not pinch my pocket much) I would like to add tweeters to my Vdi.

So if i should go ahead, what could be the better option, the MGA tweeters or go with after market ones ? Will brands like Polk etc make really huge difference compared to the MGA nippon(?) ones ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks