Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2014, 16:51   #2041

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Friends, I am trying to buy a good multimedia system for my Ertiga. I heard of Blaupunkt New York 830 (Rs 30173) and Blaupunkt San Diego 530 (Rs 26201). Prices are from snapdeal.
I am not able to find out which one is the latest model. How do these compare to Caska CO-AT 279-A Suzuki special Ertiga (Rs 2990)

Thanks in advance.

Sameer
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:38   #2042
Senior - BHPian

Is the fire brick red colour in Ertiga discontinued?
One of my colleagues booked red Ertiga ZDi at RNS Motors Bangalore. They took the booking, and now are saying that the colour is not available and won't be available soon, so he should opt for a different colour! So he checked with some other dealer and they said the same thing too, but also went to justify the reason for unavailability, especially of ZDi model: all parts are being used to manufacture Ciaz, so ZDi is not being manufactured!

Last edited by rohanjf : 23rd September 2014 at 10:43.
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:13   #2043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I have a query on the Audio quality between the V and Z trims. We all know that the Z trim has extra tweeters in addition to the speaker setup of V trim.
The V trim head unit doesnt have pre-outs either, whereas the Z head unit has it. I got the one in my Dzire Vxi removed and found that there were no pre-outs, or additional port for a CD changer(or a handsfree kit) whereas even my WagonR head unit has the options.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:23   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The V trim head unit doesnt have pre-outs either, whereas the Z head unit has it. I got the one in my Dzire Vxi removed and found that there were no pre-outs, or additional port for a CD changer(or a handsfree kit) whereas even my WagonR head unit has the options.
Thanks, I am pretty happy with the quality of sound and even BASS too. So i do not plan to add the amps or woofer(thanks to the lack of boot)

Tweeters are tiny and should be light on pocket too, which is why I am keen on it, but only if it makes considerable improvement to voice clarity.

Also i am open to explore beyond MGA tweeters
Old 23rd September 2014, 14:23   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I am pretty happy with the quality of sound and even BASS too. So i do not plan to add the amps or woofer(thanks to the lack of boot)

Tweeters are tiny and should be light on pocket too, which is why I am keen on it, but only if it makes considerable improvement to voice clarity.

Also i am open to explore beyond MGA tweeters
Just adding tweeters is not worth it. I wouldn't recommend it and it is a waste of time and effort.
Old 30th September 2014, 02:15   #2046
BHPian

Carrying forward my question on which car from ritz to ertiga forum. Does anyone have experience with LXi or LDi AC - given that I am on shoestring budget I am contemplating on Lxi but worried that without rear AC vent it might get uncomfortable at third row so need opinion on your experience without rear AC Vent and are there any workaround in after market to make rear passengers more comfortable .. Appreciate your help
Old 30th September 2014, 03:06   #2047
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneOp View Post
Does anyone have experience with LXi or LDi AC - given that I am on shoestring budget I am contemplating on Lxi but worried that without rear AC vent it might get uncomfortable at third row so need opinion on your experience without rear AC Vent and are there any workaround in after market to make rear passengers more comfortable. Appreciate your help
I have read and replied to your post on the Ritz thread.

Since the major focus is back seat comfort, the LXi / LDi variant will be good sans the second row cooling feature which will be difficult to live in as the primary AC vents will take considerable time to cool the whole cabin.

I'd suggest you to go for VXi / VDi variant. Do try and increase the budget for the 'V' variant at least.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 07:20   #2048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Carrying forward my question on which car from ritz to ertiga forum. Does anyone have experience with LXi or LDi AC - given that I am on shoestring budget I am contemplating on Lxi but worried that without rear AC vent it might get uncomfortable at third row so need opinion on your experience without rear AC Vent and are there any workaround in after market to make rear passengers more comfortable .. Appreciate your help
In bangalore I had seen a special edition ldi ertiga with power window and rear ac vents. This was at bimal motors

I suggest you to stretch your budget to a V trim. Its worth it. Now with mobilio, maruti must be throwing discounts too

Aftermarket roof mounted ac may not
1. Look good
2. Work well
3. Might rattle

Rear ac is one awesome feature of this car and everyone loves the back seats. My kid even asks for blanket at 3rd row

Please go for vdi or vxi
rajshenoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 07:26   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'd suggest you to go for VXi / VDi variant. Do try and increase the budget for the 'V' variant at least.

Anurag.
I was about to suggest exactly the same thing. Ertiga has a large greenhouse. The large windows would heat up the interiors within no time. In such a scenario the cool air from the rear AC vents directed on the faces of rear passengers would give them the much needed comfort. Aftermarket AC fitments is not at all advisable. Hence go for the VXi variant by stretching your budget a bit.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 08:16   #2050
BANNED

Quote:
Aftermarket roof mounted ac may not
+1 on the reasons for not installing an aftermarket A/C setup.

1) It ruins the look as the fit and finish will never be like OEM.

2) The whole cooling efficiency + reliability is lost once tampered and then the owner can forget the main warranty offered by Maruti which will prove costly if an issue arises.

I thought to suggest but these points weigh more towards non-installation hence kept quiet.

Be it "anything related to the car", OEM is the best, always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Aftermarket AC fitments is not at all advisable. Hence go for the VXi variant by stretching your budget a bit.
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 10:34   #2051
BANNED

Going to click over 10K kms soon. Have a trip coming up day after tomorow for a 900 kms trip to Chandigarh and Shimla. Should I get it serviced before the trip or after the trip but the ODO will surely cross 10K by atleast 200-300 kms.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 19:59   #2052
BHPian

I am now whole heartedly leaning towards Ertiga Vxi. With 4 adults and two kids (one toddler though) I think it makes sense to have this to have comfortable travel in Future. Though it certainly exceeds budget and purpose that its intended for.
Thanks a4anurag, AutoIndian, rajshenoy for your inputs and rear AC. Actually none of dealer in Delhi that I am talking to has suggested or offered to fit rear AC. Clearly its not to be.
SaneOp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 21:11   #2053
BANNED

Quote:
I am now whole heartedly leaning towards Ertiga Vxi. With 4 adults and two kids (one toddler though) I think it makes sense to have this to have comfortable travel in Future.
Good, I am happy that you have zero'ed down onto VXi. This car will keep you happy and 'cool' for years to come.

Do squeeze discounts from the Ertiga deal as Mobilio is giving Maruti a run for their sales.

Anurag.
Old 3rd October 2014, 21:14   #2054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am now whole heartedly leaning towards Ertiga Vxi. With 4 adults and two kids (one toddler though) I think it makes sense to have this to have comfortable travel in Future. Though it certainly exceeds budget and purpose that its intended for.
Thanks a4anurag, AutoIndian, rajshenoy for your inputs and rear AC. Actually none of dealer in Delhi that I am talking to has suggested or offered to fit rear AC. Clearly its not to be.
I think its a good practical choice. 7 seater or 5+boot, ertiga will keep you satisfied. If you have the budget, opt the vxi with abs

Wishing you all the best, try multiple dealers and push for discounts. Ertiga vxi and base mobilio must be same price so tell them you are looking at mobilio as well.
Also wondering if there will be year end discounts
Old 12th October 2014, 21:10   #2055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think its a good practical choice. 7 seater or 5+boot, ertiga will keep you satisfied. If you have the budget, opt the vxi with abs
Is MSIL still producing VXi with ABS. Recently one of society members purchased VXi. When I asked him why didn't he opt for the one with ABS, he said that the dealer told him that VXi with ABS has been discontinued. Moreover the anniversary edition of Ertiga is also not available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks