Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 00:23   #2071
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Maybe introduce a Zxi+!

True. Thanks to the huge difference in pricing with the Mobilio- Maruti has enough room to launch a feature loaded top end version and still price it at seemingly VFM rates. With the Swift and the DZire getting features like start-stop button etc- I think Ertiga might get a refresh soon as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:31   #2072
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Yesterday got the wiring problem resolved from MASS. Total damage Rs 1100 (including washing). As of now, placed rat poison cakes in the bonnet. Lets See.

While I was there discussed with SA about next service. He said it will be at 15000 kms. I confronted him saying the manual says 20000 kms. He said there will be no oil change. Only wheel balancing/alignment and some break job ( I can't figure what he meant by that)

Now I don't want WB/WA to be done through them as they also outsource it. Secondly fourth paid service is Rs 1100 and the break job will be Rs 400 as per SA.

I am not sure what exactly will be done at 15000 kms. Should I pay 1100 for another job which costs only 400.

Should I go to a FNG or wait till 20000 kms?
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:39   #2073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCarNi View Post
While I was there discussed with SA about next service. He said it will be at 15000 kms. I confronted him saying the manual says 20000 kms. He said there will be no oil change. Only wheel balancing/alignment and some break job ( I can't figure what he meant by that)
Service interval recommended by Maruti is 10000Kms or 1 year, whichever comes earlier. So safely you can wait till 20000Kms(if this comes earlier). The 5000Kms/6 months service interval is just a money-spinner forced by most of the MASS these days.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:48   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Service interval recommended by Maruti is 10000Kms or 1 year, whichever comes earlier. So safely you can wait till 20000Kms(if this comes earlier). The 5000Kms/6 months service interval is just a money-spinner forced by most of the MASS these days.
I know it's a money spinner exercise. Obviously, I will be doing WB/WA by 15K kms but are there any specific things I should check/ get done before 20K?
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:58   #2075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I know it's a money spinner exercise. Obviously, I will be doing WB/WA by 15K kms but are there any specific things I should check/ get done before 20K?
When the manufacturer says that the maintenance has to be done every 10K Kms then I don't see any servicing required before that duration. As a proactive measure you can do the following,

- Keep checking for all the oil levels.
- Monitor for left/right pull.
- Monitor for any abnormal sounds.

If you see any issues during the above checks or if you face any other issue then take the car to MASS. Also, if you are taking the car for a long drive then you can give the car for a general check-up which they charge around Rs 500-600.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:15   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Wouldnt the 205 be overkill on the SX4?

Are you sure the LDi/LXi have ABS?

Is this ertige specific or applies to the Swift/Ritz/Celerio too?
Ertiga LDi,VDi,Vxi have the ABS only.
Ertiga ZDi & ZXi have Airbag & ABS both.

The above are only for all Ertiga only.
Old 6th November 2014, 15:49   #2077
BHPian

Hi All, I joined this forum just yesterday, and I must admit that this is one of the thread I followed continuously since its start. I enjoyed all the discussions that happened amongst LUVers over pros & cons of LUV and many other things.
I'm a proud owner of LUV for a year now, and have completed ~10k running successfully. Hope to put across my ownership review the earliest.
Aficionados is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2014, 02:48   #2078
BHPian

Hi all my Ertiga has a rat problem . The first time when it happened in the month of May it was just a few pcs of leaves and mango seed which was placed by the rat on the A/C blower fan which is behind the glove box removed the glove box extracted the leave s and rubbish and placed an ac filter in the empty compartment apparently even top end model doesn't get one . Fast forward to yesterday car had traces of rat droppings all over was terrified of the thought of sharing the space with a rat anyways drove of to work parked the car and got into the grind evening when I stepped in the car realised the rodent is dead because of the overpowering smell in the car . Shux can get it now too as i type and think of it yikes ! Any was help me guys where to look for it rotting in the car plus ideas suggestions where to spot the entry point of these pests . Now before we start let me point out my car isn't park around garbage nor it is left unattended for days as these are playgrounds for nibbling friends if not moved for few day s .
Old 8th November 2014, 10:26   #2079
BHPian

Hi, sorry to hear about this. Bangalore some dealers sell rat mesh for ertiga. Do check with your dealer .
Old 8th November 2014, 11:58   #2080
BHPian

Quote:
Why should you need Wheel Alignment or Balancing at 15K Kms? Unless necessary, no need to get it done. Are you facing any issues related to this?
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 16:53   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Why should you need Wheel Alignment or Balancing at 15K Kms? Unless necessary, no need to get it done. Are you facing any issues related to this?
I got both alignment and balancing of them along with wheel rotation done at 16K and observed that Front two wheels had worn out much more than the back wheels. The Tyre shop guy said that though for first 10K kms its not needed, its better to get it checked after 10K for every 5K intervals.

I do not visit MASS for these jobs, I go to the Tyre shop people who know what Tyres are.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 23:01   #2082
BANNED

Deal for ertiga Zdi??

Hi All

Planning to buy a ZDI and as of now i was offered 35k cash discount ,with 2 years warranty .

is that the best deal or can i negotiate for another 5 to 10 k with 3 yrs warranty

please suggest
Old 14th November 2014, 23:13   #2083
BANNED

Re: Deal for ertiga Zdi??

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All

Planning to buy a ZDI and as of now i was offered 35k cash discount ,with 2 years warranty .

is that the best deal or can i negotiate for another 5 to 10 k with 3 yrs warranty
35K discount is a decent figure, do try and squeeze out some more from the dealer.

What is the final landing price they are quoting for ZDi currently?

Anurag.
Old 14th November 2014, 23:51   #2084
BANNED

Re: Deal for ertiga Zdi??

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
35K discount is a decent figure, do try and squeeze out some more from the dealer.

What is the final landing price they are quoting for ZDi currently?

Anurag.
it around 10.32-35 = 9.97

BTW i am planning to get the dusky brown ,will it have any impact on resale value?
Old 15th November 2014, 05:47   #2085
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
it around 10.32-35 = 9.97

BTW i am planning to get the dusky brown ,will it have any impact on resale value?
That's a nice price for the ZDi, IIRC dad paid 10.08L for white ZDi.

That colour is nice so resale value would be better off.

Anurag.

Most Viewed