Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2014, 08:04   #2086
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCarNi View Post
I know it's a money spinner exercise. Obviously, I will be doing WB/WA by 15K kms but are there any specific things I should check/ get done before 20K?
Get the WB/WA done every 5000 kns, especially as there can be shifts if you traverse through bad potholed roads often.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 08:26   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
it around 10.32-35 = 9.97

BTW i am planning to get the dusky brown ,will it have any impact on resale value?
As far as i have heard from dealers, light colors have slightly more resale value compared to darker colors esp the likes of brown, red and black as it shows age soon or difficult to maintain(?). Brown & Gold,i rarely see now except for Duster.

Aren't they coming with a facelift anytime soon with the goodies seen in swift? I would have loved to have all that in Ertiga from day one.

Yearend - try to extract more. Resale is going to be for 2014 model though just a month left or in january if you nčed more discounts.

It had 20k discount + 20k exchange bonus when I bought zdi with alloys. 10.57-20K (OTR) 2013 sept in madurai as i did not sell the existing one to get exchange bonus.

For exchange bonus, the car has to be in your name for 3 months prior to buying the new one, if well planned, can get a cheaper one, use it for 3 months and sell it to them for say 5k less and still get exchange bonus too.

3rd and 4th year extended warranty was around 9k for this model and without alloys 8k i think. They just give you a reciept. I dont remember getting a detailed list of whats covered. And if you dont like Maruti ASS and would wish to move away from them after initial warranty is over, better dont buy it. I kind of find the services expensive in comparison to our Fiesta and i am just sticking to not loose the warranty.

Can anyone advice me if i can avoid getting wheel alignment and balancing done from them and will warranty for suspension etc still hold good? They charge more than double for this and if i wouldnt have any issues, i can ask them not to do that but do it myself outside.

Last edited by ganesc : 15th November 2014 at 08:30.
Old 16th November 2014, 06:25   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW i am planning to get the dusky brown ,will it have any impact on resale value?
I own the dusky brown and love this color. It looks premium and like a high end car. Not sure of your city, but here in Bangalore i see at least 5-6 Dusky brown ertiga while i am driving so it seem to be a popular color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Can anyone advice me if i can avoid getting wheel alignment and balancing done from them and will warranty for suspension etc still hold good? They charge more than double for this and if i wouldnt have any issues, i can ask them not to do that but do it myself outside.
You can get these done from reputed Tyre shops outside. I never do it from MASS because they just charge you a bill but hardly do anything. you can just softly tell MASS that you have already done it.(I typically do it post service outside)

But remember, depending on your driving style, its good to check balancing, alignment and also rotate all 5 wheels every 5-7000 kms
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 11:03   #2089
BHPian

Re: Deal for ertiga Zdi??

Quote:

I own a dusky brown ZDI and I'm very happy with this color. As rightly pointed by 'rajshenoy', this color looks very premium and black grill & blackened B pillars jells well with it.
In India, white color has better resale value than any other color, and silver to some extent. So, Dusky Brown, Granite Grey & Brick Red should have more or less the same resale value in my opinion.
Between, My friend took Ertiga ZDI in Pune for 9.80 lacs in Deepawali this year, may be he was able to exploit season's benefits from dealer. If you book now, you probably would get a December manufactured car. And if you wait till Jan and book then, the same December manufactured car will be available with more discounts
Old 26th November 2014, 19:03   #2090
BHPian

Question for Diesel owners. Does the 5th door of your Ertiga rattle if you happen to go too slow on high gear?

Ofcourse, since it is a Diesel you expect more vibration, but i wanted to check if this is normal.
Old 26th November 2014, 20:41   #2091
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Question for Diesel owners. Does the 5th door of your Ertiga rattle if you happen to go too slow on high gear?

Ofcourse, since it is a Diesel you expect more vibration, but i wanted to check if this is normal.
My answer is No!

Get the hinges and bolts holding the rear door checked along with the locking system.

Anurag.
Old 27th November 2014, 09:35   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
My answer is No!

Get the hinges and bolts holding the rear door checked along with the locking system.

Anurag.
I willl have it checked.

To clarify, i am talking about situation where you are on 3rd or 4th gear and coming to near stop, thats when i feel the vibrations from the rear, before I shift to 2nd.

It could also be exhaust pipe rattle (which is something you hear for a second when you turn off the engine).

Oh, and there is this 'ticking' sound coming from somewhere behind the steering when driving over rough patches. I opened up the Speedometer cluster and checked everything behind it for anything loose but couldnt find the source of this sound.

Last edited by aerohit : 27th November 2014 at 09:50.
Old 27th November 2014, 17:49   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I willl have it checked.
Oh, and there is this 'ticking' sound coming from somewhere behind the steering when driving over rough patches. I opened up the Speedometer cluster and checked everything behind it for anything loose but couldnt find the source of this sound.
I had this ticking sound too on my steering every time I turned it - especially on bad roads. It was there for many months but I didn't bother to check it. Eventually the sound surprisingly disappeared on its own, just months before I sold mine. In your case, I would say not to worry much about it.
Old 27th November 2014, 18:29   #2094
BANNED

Quote:
To clarify, i am talking about situation where you are on 3rd or 4th gear and coming to near stop, thats when i feel the vibrations from the rear, before I shift to 2nd.

It could also be exhaust pipe rattle (which is something you hear for a second when you turn off the engine).
Why should the silencer rattle in the first place? I haven't heard any of such rattle in both my Dad's Ertiga and my Swift. Do check the points that hold the exhaust system.

Quote:
Could be the power steering motor clicking. Do not keep opening the panels frequently, that induces rattles. Maruti's are famous rattle boxes already.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2014, 19:08   #2095
BHPian

Sorry, the sound is heard when going straight, not necessarily when turning. This metallic Tick-Tick sound is heard over rough patches. Sound originates somewhere very near the speedometer and the steering wheel. Doubt it is the motor because the EPS is way down under body. Checked everything behind the dash, everything is tight and secured. The instrument panel is also held by screws. Sometimes, I have actually used rubber sealant to prevent any rattle in other cars, so everything is near perfect in Ertiga, unless required. The only thing left is removing the horn pad.

The sound that I can ignore is the window glass rattle, which is very minor, something I am sure most of you all have.

The Zdi seems to hit the bumpstops when going over speed humps! Overall, its a good car, no other issues.
Old 27th November 2014, 19:15   #2096
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why should the silencer rattle in the first place? I haven't heard any of such rattle in both my Dad's Ertiga and my Swift. Do check the points that hold the exhaust system.
The exhaust's tail pipe is always held on a clip that is in-turn resting on rubber bush. This ensures the vibrations from the engine, that are passed onto the Manifold and then the Catcon to the tail pipe are kept at minimum levels. Allowing the exhaust to hang freely will ensure the vibrations fade away.

Try pushing the tail pipe of your car and see how it is hanging freely.

Quote:
Could be the power steering motor clicking.
Unlikely. The power steering is always functional except that the ECM controls the voltage that is passed to its terminal depending on the Torque applied at the steering wheel and the vehicle's speed. Essentially, the motor is always working at normal driving speeds. It is only when the car is standstill, and one tries to make full turn that the alternator takes the load due to the Power steering motor trying itself to move the rack.

In fact, even when your car is at idle speed, stationary and you turn the Hazard lights one, you will hear cyclic change in engine note (mild humming) every time the lights turn on and off.
Old 30th November 2014, 08:53   #2097
BHPian

Quote:

No. I do not experience this. I have a Jan 2013 Ertiga ZDI with close to 18000 kms on the Odo. There could be something loose within the door panel. As Anurag has suggested, please get the door fitment checked at a Dealer/MASS.
Old 30th November 2014, 10:36   #2098
BHPian

Thanks to Parag & Rajshenoy we skipped wheel balancing & alignment from MASS and did it outside.

As expected, Service adviser had added Engine de-carbonizing, diesel additive, etc which I asked him not to do while on call.

Remember reading elsewhere that they shouldn't put service charge for labour but cant expect my dad to go to MASS again for this.

For the benefit of others:

Maruti Ertiga ZDI - 20,000 KM service at MASS.

Total bill: Rs.7400/- (Approx)
Labour with tax - Rs.1770/- (With VAT 14.5%)
Spares/consumables - Rs.5630/- (With VAT 14.5%)

Coolant, Engine Oil, Diesel filter, Oil filter, Air Filter, AC filter (Alto 800? looks like all uses same but cheaper by 80 Rupees now), Greasing, Brake check up.

Still they managed to add amount for some teflon tapes (to fit filters may be?), Separate for brake cleaning, service tax for labour & Consumable checks.

He confirmed that Transmission oil change is at 40,000 KM as opposed to 20,000 KM advised earlier.

Wheel alignment, balancing outside MASS - Rs.500/-
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga20kservice1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga20kservice2.jpg  

Last edited by ganesc : 30th November 2014 at 10:38.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 07:48   #2099
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga is coming with facelift, seems to have the S cross effect in the twin slant front grill,electrical retractable rear view mirrors , Auto-Climatic control are also anticipated.Bumpers are speculated to be redesigned, sporty alloys and expect better fuel efficiency.

The most anticipated change could be the arrival of the AMT variant that could come along with the facelift. March 2015 is the expected release of this.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_2581.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-maruti_suzuki_ertiga_facelift_2015.jpg

http://blog.gaadiwaadi.com/2014/12/m...lift-2015.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th December 2014 at 07:58.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 10:44   #2100
BHPian

ACC was a sore miss in LUV. Looks like it was kept for a mid-life upgrade, and here it is now!
Also, the front bumper styling looks quite sporty (if they are sticking with below design in production version) and way better than the direct competitor 'Mobilio'.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-maruti-ertiga-facelift-2015.png

And if AMT is provided which would be a boon for many, LUV is likely to shut the production of Mobilio by all means
Aficionados is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks