Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2014, 12:25   #2116
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

I am sure Maruti will put engines from Ciaz in this new Ertiga, which are more fuel efficient than the earlier ones & more refined. It will be better to compete with Mobilio. I am sure Maruti will add few features to new model, hope they will add features like ACC. Not sure what all other changes they will do apart from the exterior changes. I wish they could increase some space inside somehow, even if they increase the length little bit, its ok to me.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 14:46   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I am sure Maruti will put engines from Ciaz in this new Ertiga, which are more fuel efficient than the earlier ones & more refined. It will be better to compete with Mobilio. I am sure Maruti will add few features to new model, hope they will add features like ACC. Not sure what all other changes they will do apart from the exterior changes. I wish they could increase some space inside somehow, even if they increase the length little bit, its ok to me.
I think ACC will make an entry definitely, looking at the early reports/speculations. New tuned engines will help to garner few more votes against Mobilio, in favor of Ertiga. But, I doubt if there will be any increase in overall dimension (length) of LUV, because that calls for a new platform (also expressed by few BHPIANs already), which MSIL will not develop right away considering LUV is just 2.5 years old product.
Aficionados is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 19:38   #2118
BHPian

Did anyone happen to find/fix any kind of 'Rat mesh' to avoid the damage these tiny rodents cause in Ertiga? If yes, please guide me where to get that installed in bangalore.

My Ertiga ZXI (July '14 model - currently 6k kms done) recently acted very weird with all lights on the Odo glowing while driving and vehicle started to stall. I turned off the engine and then turned it back on after a few minutes, though everything seemed to be normal, the Speedo backlights stayed on even though the headlamps & Fog lamps were off. Though this problem has vanished all by itself the next day, I'm kinda worried this could be due to the rodents messing around with my vehicle's wiring.
Old 17th December 2014, 19:56   #2119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Did anyone happen to find/fix any kind of 'Rat mesh' to avoid the damage these tiny rodents cause in Ertiga? If yes, please guide me where to get that installed in bangalore.

I'm kinda worried this could be due to the rodents messing around with my vehicle's wiring.
Does the place you reside infested with rats or any rodents? If yes, get that sorted it first.

Get a thorough interior cleaning done once.

Anurag.
Old 17th December 2014, 20:32   #2120
BHPian

Thanks Anurag, Multiple attempts to fix the rats/rodents issue in parking area have been attempted with no success - so I'm pretty sure there is no permanent fix for that, which is why I wanted to know the prevention from the vehicle front.

Interior cleaning? I lost you there, if you meant this by assuming there could be some food/waste in the car which could be attracting these rats, then - No, that doesn't happen with my vehicles - interior will be thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed every week and I stand right next to the vehicle while this being done.
Old 18th December 2014, 18:23   #2121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I wonder how different these engines are !! its essentially same engines with different tuning right ?

Wondering if i too can tune my Ertiga to that of Ciaz and bump up my FE by 2-3 kmpl
Will the MASS able to re-tune the engine or ECU to incrase mileage like they did with Swift and ciaz ?
Old 19th December 2014, 07:46   #2122
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I wonder how different these engines are !! its essentially same engines with different tuning right ?

Wondering if i too can tune my Ertiga to that of Ciaz and bump up my FE by 2-3 kmpl. Will the MASS able to re-tune the engine or ECU to incrase mileage like they did with Swift and ciaz ?
AFAIK, it is mostly a change done to the ECU (to the maps). Mechanically both are same except for VGT and FGT turbo's.

Anurag.
Old 22nd December 2014, 15:41   #2123
Team-BHP Support

The Ertiga facelift is rumoured to be getting a 1.6-litre diesel engine, an AMT with the 1.3-litre diesel engine and a conventional automatic transmission with the 1.4-litre petrol engine.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:32   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Ertiga facelift is rumoured to be getting a 1.6-litre diesel engine, an AMT with the 1.3-litre diesel engine and a conventional automatic transmission with the 1.4-litre petrol engine.

What a news! Even today, with current design/feature/engine list, Ertiga is a better buy than many competitors (including Mobilio). With the options of 1.6 ltr engine and auto-trany for diesel (even though AMT), this will make the LUV most desirable and sought-after car in this price range-no doubt!

BTW, is this 1.6 Ltr engine Fiat sourced? OR is this indigenously developed (1.5 ltr) one, as per some rumors?

Also, can someone confirm if the petrol unit gets 4 speed auto box like Ciaz? or will this be AMT?
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:18   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
an AMT with the 1.3-litre diesel engine and a conventional automatic transmission with the 1.4-litre petrol engine.
WOW!!! Boy this should surely shake up things in the segment especially with the Diesel + AT + 7 seats combination. Currently one has to buy the Fortuner/Pajero Sport to avail of one. Boy if this is true good times surely lie ahead for Maruti! Hope Honda and Toyota follow suit and offer automatics for the Mobilio and Innova.

Who knows how my decision to buy the Innova would have panned out if I had known this then

Over to Renault now for the Lodgy! Are you listening!

Last edited by miharbe : 22nd December 2014 at 19:21.
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:32   #2126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I highly doubt 1.6 ltr part

We all know Maruti. When car is selling well they dont need to do something drastic. But they might start with an AMT for now
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:44   #2127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We all know Maruti. When car is selling well they dont need to do something drastic. But they might start with an AMT for now
Why not? S Cross is speculated in 2 diesel variants - 1.3 DDIS and a 1.6.
They would adopt this strategy from now on.
Expect a 1.6/1.5 diesel variant too in the next phase of Ciaz.
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:49   #2128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The 1.6 diesel is being tested. A member had proved this in another thread with export data from Zauba.

It's the diesel AMT that I'm not sure of! I think the new additions will be the petrol AT and the 1.6 DDiS.
Old 22nd December 2014, 20:04   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Yes, YES! Bring in the A/T, Maruti!

Please add side airbags too and this will be the PERFECT car for the Indian family.
  1. Small enough to be nimble in city and return good mileage
  2. A/T or AMT for driving convenience
  3. Three rows of seating to carry seven people when needed
  4. Diesel economy for high mileage families
  5. Maruti's reliable and widespread ASS
  6. Front and side airbags for safety (the only thing missing once A/T comes)

With A/T and six/eight airbags MUL can revolutionise the family hauler market in India like Chrysler did with the minivan in the US.
Pacifica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:05   #2130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Why not? S Cross is speculated in 2 diesel variants - 1.3 DDIS and a 1.6.
They would adopt this strategy from now on.
Expect a 1.6/1.5 diesel variant too in the next phase of Ciaz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The 1.6 diesel is being tested. A member had proved this in another thread with export data from Zauba.

It's the diesel AMT that I'm not sure of! I think the new additions will be the petrol AT and the 1.6 DDiS.

Ertiga refresh is suppose to come by first half of 2015. Do you think they will come up with 1.6 so soon ?

Good if they do so. May be they are indeed trying to make the Ciaz RS and Ertiga RS "sporty" by adding that 1.6 DDis generating 100 BHP(I guess a first for a Maruti)

Honda has indeed priced the Mobilio with 1L gap so Maruti has huge band to play at the top end of the Ertiga trims.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks