Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:11   #2146
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Folks,

When I drive my ertiga over speed breakers at a slightly higher speed (Haven't observed the exact speed, will do so and report back later) I hear a some kind of noise from the right front tire-well. I am not sure, if this is a suspension noise or noise due to the mudflap scraping the speed breaker or something else.

A few other observations:

1. I am observing this consistently since the past 1.5 weeks and I don't remember having observed it in the first 6 weeks of ownership of the car.

2. I do not hear the sound if I take the speed breakers slowly.

3. This does not occur when the car first climbs the speed breaker, always happens during the descent from the speed breaker at slightly higher speeds.

PS: I am not sure, if I have sub-consciously started driving the car much faster over the speed breakers than earlier. Although, I'd doubt that.

I was considering having a friend watch if the mudflap touches the road while I take speed breakers at slightly higher speeds.

Have any of you faced this problem? Could it be a suspension issue or something else? Or could it be just due to the mudflaps?

Hope to hear your inputs!

Last edited by naut : 22nd January 2015 at 18:13.
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:17   #2147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Folks,

When I drive my ertiga over speed breakers at a slightly higher speed (Haven't observed the exact speed, will do so and report back later) I hear a some kind of noise from the right front tire-well. I am not sure, if this is a suspension noise or the noise due to the mudflap scraping the speed breaker or something else.

Have any of you faced this problem? Could it be a suspension issue or something else? Or could it be just due to the mudflaps?
In the first place why are you driving 'fast' over speed breakers? Isn't that a problem inducer in the first place?

High speed driving over the speed breakers abuse the car highly specially the tyres, wheels, suspension components.

Could it the wheel-well cladding that is making the noise or the suspension could the thing.

If is the mud flap that is scrapping and creating the noise, then do touch the mud flap and see if there are scratches on it. If yes, then it is getting hit or else it is not the mud flaps.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:28   #2148
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga Facelift rendered byAutonetMag

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2015ertigafacelift630x417.jpg

http://autonetmagz.net/new-suzuki-er...-leaked/11936/
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:36   #2149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
In the first place why are you driving 'fast' over speed breakers? Isn't that a problem inducer in the first place?

High speed driving over the speed breakers abuse the car highly specially the tyres, wheels, suspension components.
Agree Anurag! Although I need to check and confirm the speed. What would be the threshold according to you?

In Bangalore we have some speed breakers which are actually like table tops, they have an incline, a flat surface of about ~2-3 feet and then a decline. We can take them at slightly higher speeds than regular speed breakers which are literally humps and require slowing down.

Quote:
If is the mud flap that is scrapping and creating the noise, then do touch the mud flap and see if there are scratches on it. If yes, then it is getting hit or else it is not the mud flaps.
I did try to feel that. Couldn't figure out anything. Anyway, will try perhaps after clearing any mud that might be there and after feeling surface before the experiment.
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:36   #2150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Can someone message AutonetMag guys so that they don't send it to Maruti Suzuki!

This is the worst looking front end of the car from Maruti. The current one looks so good and I feel lucky to have the older variant.

Hope the facelift doesn't look like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Agree Anurag! Although I need to check and confirm the speed. What would be the threshold according to you?

In Bangalore we have some speed breakers which are actually like table tops, they have an incline, a flat surface of about ~2-3 feet and then a decline. We can take them at slightly higher speeds than regular speed breakers which are literally humps and require slowing down.

I did try to feel that. Couldn't figure out anything. Anyway, will try perhaps after clearing any mud that might be there and after feeling surface before the experiment.
I agree on the type of speed breakers that are in Bangalore. Be it any type of speed breaker the speeds that are correct are between 5-10 kmph taken at 1st gear.

Do clean the mud flaps and try checking the condition.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd January 2015 at 18:39.
Old 22nd January 2015, 19:03   #2151
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1331481

My reaction is kind of mixed on this faclift. I kind of liked the Anniversary edition's chrome grill over this facelifted model's. However, the front bumper does look good in this facelifted variant.

By the way did anyone happen to know if the Anniversary Edition's chrome grill is available either with MGA or at third party automobile stores? I spoke with Suraksha and Bimal Maruti folks - they don't have it and are not sure if it will be available for a counter spare sale ever.
Old 22nd January 2015, 22:08   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
By the way did anyone happen to know if the Anniversary Edition's chrome grill is available either with MGA or at third party automobile stores? I spoke with Suraksha and Bimal Maruti folks - they don't have it and are not sure if it will be available for a counter spare sale ever.
It's not available. These cars came factory fitted. Wondering what will happen if someone needs a replacement

What also puzzles me is that these cars get exported with that chrome grill but we cant source it here !!
Old 23rd January 2015, 00:36   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
It's not available. These cars came factory fitted. Wondering what will happen if someone needs a replacement

What also puzzles me is that these cars get exported with that chrome grill but we cant source it here !!
Yes, the same chrome grill fitted Ertiga's are exported as the Indonesian variant. I even questioned the MASS folks on what they do if an anniversary edition comes for accident repair with broken chrome grill, they just looked at each other with a face.
Old 28th January 2015, 18:42   #2154
BHPian

Guys, my LUV (ZDI) has done 13500 running till date and went through all 3 free servicing's.
Apparently, the Engine Check light near dials keeps showing intermittently. Sometimes it lasts for say a 50km & sometimes it just flashes for few mins while running. Whenever I went to MASS to rectify the issue, this light didn't show there, so they didn't entertain me!
What could be the issue guys? any idea?
Old 28th January 2015, 18:48   #2155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
Guys, my LUV (ZDI) has done 13500 running till date and went through all 3 free servicing's.
Apparently, the Engine Check light near dials keeps showing intermittently. Sometimes it lasts for say a 50km & sometimes it just flashes for few mins while running. Whenever I went to MASS to rectify the issue, this light didn't show there, so they didn't entertain me!
If they light has come on, I believe they can plug the scanner and check for the error code (History) that was generated and get to the cause behind it.

Visit the ASC and insist they connect the Scanner and check for history of fault codes generated due to which you have been experiencing the Check Engine Light.

Other than this, any issues you are experiencing in terms of drive ability?

Acceleration, Turbo, recent case of refilling at an unknown fuel station etc?
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 19:04   #2156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
Go to MASS and ask them to hook up the SDT/OBD 2 reader to get the Error codes (DTC) which will tell what the real problem is!

If MASS is not entertaining, why don't you get in touch with any BHPian who has an OBD 2 reader to help you out.

It could be a faulty sensor or some loose contact as the CEL doesn't come up continuously! As Parag has mentioned, do find any change in drive ability when the CEL lights up?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 22:22   #2157
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the Ertiga Facelift uncovered.
The Ertiga facelift is bound to be launched in the coming few months and it gets several interior and exterior upgrades.
Top end variant is speculated to get DRL on top of the fog lamp.
The mid-variant and this only gets the chrome strip inplace of DRL's.

The interiors of the Ertiga get an upgrade too. There is a new seat fabric and it even gets a new music system with Bluetooth connectivity.
The diesel engine will get mapped to improve its drivability in city and also enhance its fuel-efficiency.
Ertiga could get the Z+ Varaint as in Ciaz with the new touchscreen system.Then there will be leather wrapped steering wheel and seats also.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-b8cweanceaag59j.jpg

http://motoroctane.com/news/8406-det...acelift-images

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2015 at 22:26.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2015, 23:38   #2158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Ertiga facelift is bound to be launched in the coming few months and it gets several interior and exterior upgrades.
The mid-variant and this only gets the chrome strip inplace of DRL's.
]
That chrome looks horrible. Nearly had tears in my eyes looking at it. The limited edition ertiga had a better chrome grille compared to this facelift. Personally another thing I would like to change in the Ertiga is that beige steering wheel. Black looks better for the kind of interiors the three sibilings Swift, Dzire and ertiga have.

Again, providing the same equipment present on the Ciaz to the Ertiga will hit Ciaz sales seriously. Agreed sedan is a sedan and MUV is MUV. But for the average Maruti customer, seats/lakh and features/lakh are heavy decision factors. If Ertiga scores better in this aspect, the Ciaz will loose a large chunk of customers just like the SX4 sales dived down once the ertiga was launched.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 10:30   #2159
BHPian

Any updates/info regarding any exterior modification on the rear side specially the tail lamp?

Thanks
Subhojit
Old 29th January 2015, 12:12   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If they light has come on, I believe they can plug the scanner and check for the error code (History) that was generated and get to the cause behind it.

Visit the ASC and insist they connect the Scanner and check for history of fault codes generated due to which you have been experiencing the Check Engine Light.

Other than this, any issues you are experiencing in terms of drive ability?

Acceleration, Turbo, recent case of refilling at an unknown fuel station etc?
Quote:
Go to MASS and ask them to hook up the SDT/OBD 2 reader to get the Error codes (DTC) which will tell what the real problem is!

If MASS is not entertaining, why don't you get in touch with any BHPian who has an OBD 2 reader to help you out.

It could be a faulty sensor or some loose contact as the CEL doesn't come up continuously! As Parag has mentioned, do find any change in drive ability when the CEL lights up?
Thanks Guys for the information. I will ask MASS guys to check with scanner as suggested by both of you.

Yes, I feel little difference in drivability when the engine light is On, specially the turbo doesn't feel that powerful. May be issue with Turbo? I'm not that technical guy, so don't know if there's a relation between Engine light & turbo.
I always fill at Bharat Petroleum and only at specific pump, which is known for the quality fuel.

Quote:
Ertiga could get the Z+ Varaint as in Ciaz with the new touchscreen system.
If this is true, I will be the first one to grab those DRL's, provided they are part of MGA I will be interested also in the touch screen HU, if available as an upgrade.

Last edited by Aficionados : 29th January 2015 at 12:16.

Most Viewed