Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 06:55   #2236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par_neon View Post
I own an Ertiga Zxi, had bought it 1.5 years back. Owning this car has definitely been a wonderful experience and its quite a value for money affair.
But lately i have observed that the car makes a lot of noise while reversing while its quite smooth in the first gear.
Also on the highways the wind and rolling noise is well under control till 90kmph but on crossing 100kmph i get a strange sort of whistling noise and it seems to come from somewhere behind the rightmost corner of the dashboard.
I am yet to point it out to the dealership, will do so during the next servicing but I want to know has anyone here has experienced similiar problems in the Ertiga?
If yes can they be rectified?
The wind noise is a known issue and I believe it's now fixed in latest Ertigas which get delivered.

Visit your ASC and they will fix this for you. The front quarter panel glass is removed and the vertical Beeding that separates main glass area and the quarter panel is bent at an angle and fitted back. This will arrest the wind noise.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:24   #2237
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Ertiga face lift - news of features that will be seen in Indonesia market. Mostly will be seen in India too.

Rendered images.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-suzukiertigafaceliftfullversion630x349.jpg

Ertiga Facelift Will Be Equipped With AC Digital & Start-Stop Engine Button.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-suzukiertigafaceliftrear630x456.jpg

Quote:
The revealed changes are on its grill and front bumper. Not only that, Suzuki will also add some feature which totally new for low MPV segment in Indonesia
Quote:
some features will available on Ertiga facelift soon. First, for Ertiga GL will be installed with airbag, while the present GL type doesn’t have airbag. Its only available on the GX type.
Quote:
probably it will be installed with start-stop engine as we found on current modern car and digital AC. If those features are confirmed to be available, Ertiga GX will become the only low MPV who equipped with digital AC and start-stop engine. Even Honda Mobilio, Toyota Avanza, Chevrolet Spin and Nissan Grand Livina are not installed with those features.

http://autonetmagz.net/hooray-suzuki...-button/14426/

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd April 2015 at 11:25.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 13:57   #2238
BHPian

Got the air filter changed. Hope to see an improvement in mileage!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-air-filter1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-air-filter2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-air-filter3.jpg  

CoolCarNi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 19:29   #2239
BHPian

Since we bought it, dad always complains of poor visibility while driving our Ertiga. Even I felt that I had more close calls driving the Ertiga back to back with our WagonR. Also, I noticed that while making a right turn on non signalled intersections, it is very difficult to see the oncoming traffic through the left window, you have to keep asking the co passenger whether anyone is there or not. What could be the issue, or is this just in my head?

Last edited by sarcastichouse : 27th April 2015 at 19:32.
Old 28th April 2015, 01:01   #2240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
Since we bought it, dad always complains of poor visibility while driving our Ertiga. Even I felt that I had more close calls driving the Ertiga back to back with our WagonR. Also, I noticed that while making a right turn on non signalled intersections, it is very difficult to see the oncoming traffic through the left window, you have to keep asking the co passenger whether anyone is there or not. What could be the issue, or is this just in my head?
I drive a Swift and in terms of visibility I find Ertiga miles ahead.

Excellent Visibility, seat height, commanding view, large windows leading to a better green house all these make driving easy.

Looking at the issue you are facing try adjusting your seat correctly once again. Incase you drive the Top end causing check the seat height adjustment too.

I guess from your seating position the A-pillar is hampering your view.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 10:36   #2241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I drive a Swift and in terms of visibility I find Ertiga miles ahead.

Excellent Visibility, seat height, commanding view, large windows leading to a better green house all these make driving easy.

Looking at the issue you are facing try adjusting your seat correctly once again. Incase you drive the Top end causing check the seat height adjustment too.

I guess from your seating position the A-pillar is hampering your view.
Thanks, will try adjusting the seat again. The height is adjusted to the top setting.
Old 2nd May 2015, 21:37   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Bought a 2.5 year old Ertiga ZDI with 26700 km on odo today. Need two help from experts

1. seats are dirty at some places..expected because the prev owner had a 5 yr old daughter. Any pointers in cleaning the seats ? Is there a way we can get a steam cleaner to do the job?

2. The left side mirror is broken just a day before the delivery. See below pic. Couldnt fix it before taking delivery due to time constraints.
Maruti service center asks for complete assembly replacement with painting and quoting Rs 5350. I see that the black piece which is connecting the mirror with car body is only broken, the mirror cover and inside glass etc all are intact.
Is it possible to get just the bottom black portion?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20150502_165146.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2015, 21:43   #2243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Bought a 2.5 year old Ertiga ZDI with 26700 km on odo today. Need two help from experts

1. seats are dirty at some places.

2. The left side mirror is broken just a day before the delivery. See below pic. Couldnt fix it before taking delivery due to time constraints.

First of all congrats for acquiring the Ertiga.

1. Why not take the car to 3M and get the inferiors cleaned that should take care of the seats too.

2. Visit an MGP dealer and all for the part that is broken. You should be able to get it. At MASS they follow only Replace policy no repairing. So they'll push you to buy the whole assembly.
Old 2nd May 2015, 21:55   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First of all congrats for acquiring the Ertiga.

1. Why not take the car to 3M and get the inferiors cleaned that should take care of the seats too.

2. Visit an MGP dealer and all for the part that is broken. You should be able to get it. At MASS they follow only Replace policy no repairing. So they'll push you to buy the whole assembly.
1. Thank you. Yes a visit to 3M HSR Layout is in the plan. Got the car today and has got a 1500 km trip coming from Wednesday. Dont think i can take the car to 3M before that, so was wondering what I can do tomorrow day time to clean as much as I can.

2. Any idea the name of the part? I guess it should be same for swift and ertiga.
Old 2nd May 2015, 22:14   #2245
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti service center asks for complete assembly replacement with painting and quoting Rs 5350. I see that the black piece which is connecting the mirror with car body is only broken, the mirror cover and inside glass etc all are intact.
Since the arm connecting mirror to the body is broken, you don't need to get anything painted. In worst case, you can use the painted mirror cover from the old broken set(which should have factory matched paint on it).
Also, ask the advisor to show you the parts catalog for Ertiga, there it gives an exploded diagram of mirror assembly with individual part number for each component.
You can also do a quick-fix outside the MASS by using some fevikwick neatly put in the crack and then mirror assembly held tightly for an hour or so. In worst case scenario, if it doesnt work, you can get the mirror replaced anytime.

Regards
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 22:15   #2246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. seats are dirty at some places..expected because the prev owner had a 5 yr old daughter. Any pointers in cleaning the seats ? Is there a way we can get a steam cleaner to do the job?

Congrats Sirji ,
So you are keeping the trend of buying used car still on .
Ritz is still there or sold it ?

Quote:
1. Thank you. Yes a visit to 3M HSR Layout is in the plan. Got the car today and has got a 1500 km trip coming from Wednesday. Dont think i can take the car to 3M before that, so was wondering what I can do tomorrow day time to clean as much as I can.

2. Any idea the name of the part? I guess it should be same for swift and ertiga.
Get a simple seat cover and use it for sometime . It will cost you half the money of getting it cleaned at 3M.

I will suggest, try to take out that whole piece and see if you can glue it. If that doesn't work then you can look for a replacement .
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 22:53   #2247
BANNED

Quote:

1. As suggested try getting a set of temporary seat covers for a cheaper price. After returning from the trip get the interiors cleaned and get better quality seat covers IF budget permits.

2. Attaching two pictures of the parts catalogue of the Ertiga that I could find from Google Images. Hope it is of some help.

Exploded view of the ORVM:
Name:  ForumRunner_20150502_225218.png
Views: 11384
Size:  161.9 KB

Individual parts and is Part No.:
Name:  ForumRunner_20150502_225245.png
Views: 12046
Size:  243.1 KB

With these go to MGP dealer and get the broken part and fix it at any FNG.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd May 2015 at 23:13.
Old 3rd May 2015, 08:37   #2248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Since the arm connecting mirror to the body is broken, you don't need to get anything painted.
Regards
I haven't thought this way that I can reuse the cover. Will save Rs 1000 straightaway !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Congrats Sirji ,
So you are keeping the trend of buying used car still on .
Ritz is still there or sold it ?
Get a simple seat cover and use it for sometime . It will cost you half the money of getting it cleaned at 3M.
thank you sir. Yes continuing with my trend of used cars...Now 5th. For the price of a new Ritz VDI, get a almost new Ertiga ZDI.
I will be putting Ritz for sale soon, dont want to but cant keep 3 cars. I bought back my 1997 M800 recently from its second owner. Thread for getting it back to life coming later today.

Quote:
1. As suggested try getting a set of temporary seat covers for a cheaper price. After returning from the trip get the interiors cleaned and get better quality seat covers IF budget permits.

2. Attaching two pictures of the parts catalogue of the Ertiga that I could find from Google Images. Hope it is of some help.
Thank you. Here is the link of the ertiga spare parts catalogue. Will keep a local copy for future reference.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/237534933/...-Ertiga#scribd

Regarding seat cover - I am not a big fan of cheap seat cover. Seat covers will also need a day of investment which I dont have right now. Current seats are soiled with mud. In USA we can rent steam cleaners for cleaning upholstery which will remove dirt from seat fabric in one/two sweeps. I was wondering if its available in Bangalore .
Old 3rd May 2015, 09:46   #2249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
Is this because of the dash layout difference between the two cars? shorter dash in Wagon, gives more glass on the windshield? And hence more visibility for Wagon-R? If thats the case, you will need to work around it. No options there I think. Can you also check if you are sulking into the seat because of it being soft? In that case, bolstering the seat can also give a firmer/more upright position while being seated.
Old 3rd May 2015, 10:39   #2250
Distinguished - BHPian

^ It is more due to the thickness of all the Pillars starting from the A Pillar.

It happens to me as well when I cross such an intersection at Sahakarnagar. WagonR has thinner pillars. Secondly when one looks left to assess the traffic, In a WagonR he can spot the road from both the front and rear left windows in one go.

In Ertiga this is a bit difficult since the front window runs longer, followed by a thick B Pillar that one has to really bend a bit backwards to assess traffic from the rear left window.

It took a few days and now am all adjusted.

Actually, it has nothing to do with the soft seats here.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks