Old 18th May 2015, 16:22   #2266
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Ertiga Anniversary Edition Front Grille -

Part Number - 71740M77M10-C48
MRP - 5225/-

So I was provided wrong information earlier on the price as 6500. This one (Price) suddenly seems interesting now .
Thanks all of you for your valuable comments and special mention to @paragsachania for your help regarding the front grill part number. I have been closely following this thread for last 2 years and have finally become the proud owner of a dusky brown ZDI.
Fitted the front grill after much search and only 1 piece was available with all the distributors in entire kolkata. This had made the car look a little different.

All is fine except some minor squeaking noise while turning the steering to left. Will notify during first service

Thanks
Subhojit
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-dsc_0016.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-dsc_0017.jpg  

subhojitb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 06:35   #2267
BHPian

As a prospective owner, I would like to have few clarifications.

1. How is the resale value of ertiga (I plan to sell off by 4th year max)
2. The height of the test drive car seemed to reduce a fair bit when people sat inside. How is the performance fully loaded? Does it touch underbody, considering the wheelbase?
Old 24th May 2015, 07:10   #2268
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post

1. How is the resale value of ertiga (I plan to sell off by 4th year max),

2. The height of the test drive car seemed to reduce a fair bit when people sat inside. How is the performance fully loaded? Does it touch underbody, considering the wheelbase?
1. We have a white ZDi bought in Jan 2014, clocked 24K kms, bought for 10L, for sake of it, we got valuation done at True Value, we were getting a value between 7 to 8L, so expect it to be a little bit higher of you plan to sell it outside.

2. How many kms did the TD car have? Since it is abused to the max, do check another dealer TD vehicle, don't fix your opinion on one TD.

On full load i.e with 6 passengers and medium filled boot, had never scrapped the bottom anywhere. We maintained 34 psi pressures around.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 08:07   #2269
BHPian

Quote:

For a Zdi, 7/8 people inside is manageable. A little bit more pedal is needed to move and you do need to brake better.
But never had a underbody touch on a breaker anywhere at all. Also, the tyres also have never scraped the well.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 09:31   #2270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Resale value is pretty good on the Ertiga. I sold my May 2012 ZDi in Aug 2014 for 7.5 lacs. The odo read 55000 kms at the time of sale.
Old 24th May 2015, 10:02   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
1. We have a white ZDi bought in Jan 2014, clocked 24K kms, bought for 10L, for sake of it, we got valuation done at True Value, we were getting a value between 7 to 8L, so expect it to be a little bit higher of you plan to sell it outside.

2. How many kms did the TD car have? Since it is abused to the max, do check another dealer TD vehicle, don't fix your opinion on one TD.

On full load i.e with 6 passengers and medium filled boot, had never scrapped the bottom anywhere. We maintained 34 psi pressures around.
The TD vehicle had actually done close to 50k. To its credit there was no rattle but tires did scrape & underbody did hit when we took a regular speedbreaker at a little higher speed with three people on board. The rear also came down when more people got in.

I intend to take the vehicle to Leh and North east. And also drive over bad roads on state highways.

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2015 at 13:15. Reason: Language
sumannandy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th May 2015, 14:47   #2272
BHPian

Dear All,

Went for test drive of ZXI yesterday at Fortpoint Maruti, Thane. I had driven my relative's Ertiga ZDI before, wanted to test the petrol version.

I always had doubt on Ertiga regarding its last row, so, made my better-half and kids sit in the third row, with first and second adjusted to my comfort (6 ft.), to my surprise they were quiet comfortable. The car behaved really well on broken roads and ride is much better than my current i10. Wife is quiet happy with the car and so am I. I only wish the shoulder space would have been better though. But with my family of 6 (4 adults + 2 kids) Ertiga perfectly fits the bill.

Dealer quoted me net price of 9.12 lac including 10K consumer offer and 2K corporate discount. I feel the consumer offer is on lower side, comments please?

I am going to wait till facelift is announced, even if it means 10-15 k extra.

Last edited by ulhas.ahirrao : 25th May 2015 at 14:50.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 18:41   #2273
@KP
BHPian

Yup. The discount for ZXi less compared to ZDi. But all this might change once the facelift is launched. Did the dealer mention anything about the facelift at all?
Old 25th May 2015, 19:09   #2274
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for responding so late. Returned to Bangalore only on yesterday from my Gujarat drive.

Quote:
This has already been answered. Resale for the Ertiga cannot be bad due to its "flexi" offering in terms of 5+2 seating and good FE (Diesel)

Quote:
Have taken up multiple trips with all 3 rows occupied (6 or 7 Adults) for drives lasting 550-600 kms in a day.

Never ever has it scrapped speedbreakers, not even some of those huge ones that came up at diversions near under construction flyovers.

Don't expect this one to fly from 0 kmph to 80kmph but again, its not the slowest too. Works precisely what 90 horses is supposed to deliver. The fun is exactly at cruising speeds (90-110 band). Tap on the pedal even with full load and it quickly accelerates effortlessly. This makes overtaking on highways a lot easier.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 14:38   #2275
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

This has already been answered. Resale for the Ertiga cannot be bad due to its "flexi" offering in terms of 5+2 seating and good FE (Diesel)
How is the resale value of the Petrol variant - especially ZXi ?
Old 27th May 2015, 21:24   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Yup. The discount for ZXi less compared to ZDi. But all this might change once the facelift is launched. Did the dealer mention anything about the facelift at all?
He said they have no idea on the facelift. There is no communication from Maruti as well.
Old 28th May 2015, 10:40   #2277
@KP
BHPian

This is what makes me suspicious.

On one side, they are offering discounts which seem like they are clearing the old stock to make way for new facelift - infact the April sales figures show a dip in Ertiga sales as well (if went almost close to 4K). But then, there is no news either from the dealers or from MSIL on the facelift !!
Old 28th May 2015, 16:59   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Dealer quoted me net price of 9.12 lac including 10K consumer offer and 2K corporate discount. I feel the consumer offer is on lower side, comments please?

I am going to wait till facelift is announced, even if it means 10-15 k extra.
Similar experience, but it seems there are no ready stocks of either VXi or ZXi. One thing the dealer did mention is that it takes 6-8 weeks of lead time and during that time if the new model is introduced he would provide the same and not the older version. His recommendation was that pay the booking amount and sit tight, if the newer version is not introduced by that time then you can have the current version. If both are available you can choose. Basically get ahead in the queue

One more thing i observed was with the headrest of the 3rd row removed when you fold the third row down the second row can be pulled back to the maximum. This to me was a little surprise(pleasant one) I was expecting loss of space as reported here. The model i sat in was VXi CNG. I am not sure if the SA pulled a fast one on me.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 28th May 2015 at 17:06.
Old 28th May 2015, 17:34   #2279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
One more thing i observed was with the headrest of the 3rd row removed when you fold the third row down the second row can be pulled back to the maximum. This to me was a little surprise(pleasant one) I was expecting loss of space as reported here. The model i sat in was VXi CNG. I am not sure if the SA pulled a fast one on me.
Is this really true? If yes, then that is good news for me - the Ertiga can become a leading contender for our next car! Existing owners like Parag/a4anurag, I would be thankful if you could clarify on this
Old 28th May 2015, 18:07   #2280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post

Is this really true? If yes, then that is good news for me - the Ertiga can become a leading contender for our next car! Existing owners like Parag/a4anurag, I would be thankful if you could clarify on this
We have the third folded permanently with that the second row goes 75% back of its travel.

Shall re-confirm by evening.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks