Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 20:20   #2371
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Why Maruti? why?

This is how you screw an otherwise ok/neutral looking car - Ertiga.
Front = Honda Mobilio in a much more uglier way
Rear = Copy of Innova, looks odd.

Looks = A big downer seriously. They were doing ok until now compared to the competition and hope this awkward front doesn't discourage people from even taking a look at such a versatile package.

I think its just the grill and bumper. Bonnet seems to be untouched. my advice to someone considering this is to just smash the bumper+grill once you take this out of showroom and replace with current model's grill+bumper (insurance!?) and all will be well

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Is that a 50:50 split rear seat in the last row? tried zooming in as much as I could, still not 100% sure..
+1, it certainly looks like a split seat. Now, I am interested in split seat arrangement and feature add-ons if any.
Old 10th August 2015, 20:25   #2372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
+1, it certainly looks like a split seat. Now, I am interested in split seat arrangement and feature add-ons if any.
If its a split seat, then it would fit in earlier generations of Ertiga as well since the facelift is more cosmetic than anything much (unless we get full idea of other features).

Knowing how the seat is fixed on 3rd row, this will be a fairly simple DIY but might need make additional holes in the center to fit both the seats individually (currently the whole seat is held at both ends).
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 22:31   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Is that a 50:50 split rear seat in the last row? tried zooming in as much as I could, still not 100% sure..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
If its a split seat, then it would fit in earlier generations of Ertiga as well since the facelift is more cosmetic than anything much (unless we get full idea of other features).

Knowing how the seat is fixed on 3rd row, this will be a fairly simple DIY but might need make additional holes in the center to fit both the seats individually (currently the whole seat is held at both ends).

Indeed. Its a split seat.

Source : http://autonetmagz.com/first-impress...facelift-2015/
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-screen-shot-20150810-10.30.00-pm.png  

Last edited by samabhi : 10th August 2015 at 22:34.
samabhi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 22:43   #2374
BHPian

A facelift need not have killer looks - but should not kill the looks. I'm personally disappointed by such a pathetic design.
What's that in the rear? - between the big chrome splash and the tail lights. Some wacky red-reflectors? A college pass-out from one of those design institutes would have come up with something better. The present Ertiga, though is not a big head-turner, would never make anyone unhappy. This is such a big letdown.
callvvijay is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 10:31   #2375
BHPian

Being a current Ertiga owner, I feel Maruti has ruined the looks.
Front end looks really ugly, with those thick lips !!
Old 11th August 2015, 11:54   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Why is it that maruti thinks copying honda is cool?

First they made a mess of already ugly dzire and now ertiga

Current gen ertiga is much cleaner design. I guess resale value will be better too for older ertiga
More than Honda, It looks like a La Innova to me.

But seriously, old model's re-sale value better just because the new design is not good is a first to me. Looks are individual choice and I personally liked the new rear than the plain jane earlier model.

Quote:
Excellent observation. Happy with this move. This is a La XUV. Guess Maruti is stealing bits and pieces from the loved features of other cars and making the best seller in this segment even more LUVed.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 20:13   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Really, is that all Maruti could manage . Make the front hideous and mini innova on the back. Maruti designer could really use some inspiration.

Someone please tell them that throwing chrome around, adding a different grill does not lead to an "all new" launch. I could hardly spot any changes on the interiors from a visual standpoint.
Old 11th August 2015, 20:16   #2378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Really, is that all Maruti could manage . Make the front hideous and mini innova on the back. Maruti designer could really use some inspiration.

Someone please tell them that throwing chrome around, adding a different grill does not lead to an "all new" launch. I could hardly spot any changes on the interiors from a visual standpoint.
See, we can cry, Scream and even giggle looking at such hideous resurrections of the MPV but Maruti does not have to bother about whether they can sell it in better numbers or not simply because, in that price bracket this is the most practical 5(+2) seater one can buy and still stay happy. The sales have been consistently between 4500-5500 since its launch and unperturbed by Enjoy, Mobilio or the Lodgy. Its total VFM package for what it offers and sells mainly due to that reason.

They have managed to sell Limited Editions with stickers, so expect chrome obsessed buyers to buy this one too not because of the chrome alone but mainly because its the same Ertiga with Chrome and Split Seats which is a welcome move .

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th August 2015 at 20:18.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 22:22   #2379
Distinguished - BHPian

In my opinion, current owners will have more to crib as they would have lived with this design for a while. Most of the prospective customers will get sold for the facelift tag and for the additional feature that it will get. So, its really not going to make any change to the sale number in reality nor Maruti would be bothered about these feedbacks.

By the way, I really don't remember when a face-lifted version looked better than its older version.

And we all know the result of Dzire face-lifted(Chrome) version, It's has now moved to the No:1 position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
They have managed to sell Limited Editions with stickers, so expect chrome obsessed buyers to buy this one too not because of the chrome alone but mainly because its the same Ertiga with Chrome and Split Seats which is a welcome move .
Spot on!
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 23:01   #2380
BHPian

I think Maruti Suzuki is holding back the actual feature list for the arrival of speculated MPV's from Hyundai and Tata (based on Bolt platform? I am not sure). After which the features like touch screen audio, start stop button, leather seats, 1.6 engine etc will be a must. Till then they will care less on improving the already successful car as mentioned by other members in the previous posts.

We have a one year old Ertiga ZDI and personally I do not like the facelift's redesigned exterior,especially the chrome.
Old 12th August 2015, 08:36   #2381
BHPian

Good to see that the new Ertiga sports a dark shade (If i am not wrong - Black) steering. That is a relief since the beige steering pad used to get soiled very soon. The front grill looks really tacky and spoils the look of the vehicle.

Source
Old 12th August 2015, 08:50   #2382
Senior - BHPian

source

Is that a black ertiga? Will they provide Black in India?? Chances are very less i guess.

I am not a fan of chrome, but a chrome lining around the window glass area would have been nice.

I like the new alloy design and am thinking of buying for my 2012 ertiga.

I dont see Bluetooth icon in the stereo, looks like lower variants won't get Bluetooth .

Last edited by arjithin : 12th August 2015 at 09:00.
Old 12th August 2015, 14:28   #2383
BHPian

The third row split seats are a welcome move. But, please be prepared for additional rattling noise apart from the second row split seats
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 15:33   #2384
BHPian

The unmasked rear end shots indicate "GX" variant badging - Is this some new nomenclature?
Old 12th August 2015, 15:41   #2385
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
The unmasked rear end shots indicate "GX" variant badging - Is this some new nomenclature?
The images are from Indonesia, where the Ertiga variants' nomenclature is different from India.

Most Viewed