Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 13:26   #2476
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Thanks @RavenAvi. Is there any information on the possibility of MSIL offering an automatic transmission with this facelift?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I had slowly started to think TUV 300 would be my next buy. But this news has again brought me back to our good'ol Maruti. Looks much more value for money. Sad no Automatic and climate control though.
Would be extremely sad if they won't launch an automatic.

The TUV 300 was supposed to get AMT, but it never ended up getting one right? Its not even a proper 5+2 also actually, with those jump seats!
Old 26th September 2015, 14:25   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
Would be extremely sad if they won't launch an automatic.

The TUV 300 was supposed to get AMT, but it never ended up getting one right? Its not even a proper 5+2 also actually, with those jump seats!
Tuv300 has AMT on diesel..
However I agree that it is disappointing to not yet see any announcement or scoops on availability of Ertiga automatic..
harishhm74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 18:43   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
TUV 300 is very much available in Automatic. Just test drove it and not looking back at it again. It has a long way to go in terms of feel and finish.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 12:54   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
No doubt it would be more VFM, provided MSIL maintains the same price levels or if there is a marginal increase. Since there is no perceptible threat from direct competition there is a fair chance that Maruti may bump up the prices. Now the only question remains by how much. I would like to know from all those prospective buyers who are interested in buying the Ertiga facelift, how much premium you are ready to shelve compared to current price levels.
Here's some good news -

Our source also confirmed that Maruti Suzuki will offer the new Ertiga with the SHVS(Smart Hybrid Vehicle System) 1.3-DDiS diesel engine that debuted in the Ciaz Hybrid. This essentially means that the SHVS Ertiga will be priced lower that the outgoing diesel model as the hybrid engines get Government incentives which are passed on to the customer. The Ertiga could hence turn out as a great (VFM) proposition.

Source - Overdrive
http://overdrive.in/news/maruti-suzu...on-october-10/
TaurusAl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 16:13   #2480
@KP
BHPian

Still no insider news on possible AMT? I think I should give up hope
Old 28th September 2015, 19:42   #2481
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga - Maruti to offer SHVS hybrid tech & AT in facelift Ertiga.

Quote:
Ertiga that will be powered by the same 1.4-lt petrol engine and SHVS diesel engine that powers the Ciaz sedan as well.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-1443426741er1.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-1443426214er1_1.jpg

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki will now be offering theautomatic transmission as well mated to Ertiga’s 1.4-lt petrol engine. The AT transmission will be available in Vxi variant only and might not be an option with the CNG version. 5-speed manual transmission will however continue as it is throughout the line-up
http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...ft-Ertiga.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th September 2015 at 19:57.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 23:05   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
The AT transmission will be available in Vxi variant only
Mind boggling. So MSIL thinks that VXi customers are willing to upgrade and pay for AT but not ZXi customers ? What kind of logic is that? There is no other car with 3 rows of seating and an AT this side of 25 lakhs. So there shouldn't be a concern with overlapping rivals offering due to the expected higher price of a ZXi AT.
mustang_shelby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 07:22   #2483
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Mind boggling. So MSIL thinks that VXi customers are willing to upgrade and pay for AT but not ZXi customers ? What kind of logic is that? There is no other car with 3 rows of seating and an AT this side of 25 lakhs. So there shouldn't be a concern with overlapping rivals offering due to the expected higher price of a ZXi AT.
Exactly!! Come on MSIL... Give us AT/AMT with ZXi as well...
Old 29th September 2015, 12:37   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
[/url]
Quote:
Mind boggling. So MSIL thinks that VXi customers are willing to upgrade and pay for AT but not ZXi customers ?
Exactly! Everytime I look forward to see a full featured product from Maruti, they always dish out a half baked offering skipping on something or the other. Although I admire the service network and the customer centric attitude from ASC, what good it is if I don't feel like going and buying one of their cars.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 13:53   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...ft-Ertiga.html
No AT/AMT in Diesel variants again !

I was hoping to AMT after Dzire VDI AMT was spotted road testing.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 29th September 2015 at 13:55.
Old 29th September 2015, 14:46   #2486
BHPian

I have a generic question related to USB car chargers. I'm posting it here since I would use it in my Ertiga. Would a car charger bought in the US work here - is the size of the charging socket and the input the same worldwide?
Old 29th September 2015, 14:51   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India has also published the news on the facelift getting launched in Oct.

Here is the link -----> http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kly_newsletter

Below is the extract from the article.

Quote:
Maruti Ertiga automatic launch likely
Updated Ertiga get a petrol-automatic variant. Ertiga diesel to come with SHVS tech
Quote:
The updated Suzuki Ertiga was revealed recently in Indonesia. The updates include tweaks to the exterior and new features added to its interior as well.

The refreshed Ertiga gets a wider chrome-laden grille up front. The front bumper is all-new and also gets chrome inserts. The side profile remains the same except for alloys with a new design on the higher trims. At the rear, a thick chrome bar runs between the tail-lamps. The boot lid also gets the addition of reflectors near the tail-lamps. Overall, the updated Ertiga seems to have received a lot more bling compared to the rather bland and understated styling of the current model.

On the inside, it gets new upholstery, electric folding wing mirrors, driver window auto-up function and new interior trim colours. Suzuki also claims to have improved sound insulation in the cabin. For the Indian market, the facelifted Ertiga is also expected to get the addition of keyless entry and go, climate control and Maruti’s SmartPlay infotainment system. It could also get different upholstery and interior trim colours.

The engines will be carried over from the current model, but are expected be tweaked to deliver improved fuel efficiency. The facelifted Ertiga is said to be powered by a 1.4-litre K14 petrol engine making 91.73bhp and 13.25kgm of torque; down from the current 93.7bhp and up from the 13.2kgm of torque. The tried and tested 1.3-litre DDiS diesel motor is also expected to undergo a similar treatment. It could, like the Ciaz, also benefit from Maruti’s fuel-saving SHVS tech. The refreshed Ertiga MPV is likley to hit showrooms in October 2015.

Maruti is expected to equip the updated Ertiga petrol with a four-speed automatic gearbox, and this will make it the first Maruti MPV to come with an automatic transmission. This gearbox is likely to be the same unit that does duty in the Ciaz. The carmaker, however, does offer the AMT gearbox in the Celerio and the Alto K10 and has announced that it will offer CVT automatic in the upcoming Baleno hatchback.
The bold portion above seems to be fantastic news. Auto Climate Control seems to be making its way into the facelift Has MSIL also worked on the now infamous quarter glass hissing sound at speeds on 80kmph and above?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 29th September 2015 at 14:52.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 16:45   #2488
BHPian

Looks like Ertiga is ticking all the boxes with the new launch. Offering AMT only in VXi ? That is a bit strange though.

One question, why no Diesel automatic in any of Maruti cars ?

Last edited by TaurusAl : 29th September 2015 at 17:10.
Old 29th September 2015, 17:31   #2489
BHPian

Could have had a possible first mover advantage by launching a diesel automatic. In fact if that were to happen, I would mostly be one of their buyers.

Similar disappointment to when the S-Cross was launched without an AT version. I think MS is missing a chance here to really expand sales by having a diesel AT in their portfolio.

Question: can it be linked to the engine deal with Fiat that they can't launch a diesel AT?
Old 29th September 2015, 18:02   #2490
BHPian

After so long they are coming out with a 4-speed torque converter as the AT!!! I had hoped they would at least move up to a 6-speed TC (like Hyundai Creta), if not a Dual Clutch (like Figo, Aspire, Polo & Vento).

Most Viewed