Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2015, 20:17   #2521
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
And so then does the "audio Bluetooth" mentioned in vxi have telephony too?!
Not sure. Shall check and see if I get any information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Hi @a4anurag. Did you mean one can buy a height adjustable seat (from the higher model) from MGP and ask the service center to replace the regular seat with it?
Yes, that's what I meant. Look at this link below:

Quote:
Installed ZXI's height adjustable driverseat in my VXI today.

Rs 6600/- for the complete seat including the rails and belt buckle.
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3168381

Do contact DBHPian Sankar for more information.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:46   #2522
BHPian

Screenshots of Gear box ratios (Manual and Automatic) and Interior from Suzuki's Indonesian website.

Source : http://www.suzuki.co.id/automobile_type/new-ertiga

Perbandingan Gigi Akhir = Comparison of Tooth End
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-interior.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 5th October 2015 at 10:49.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 11:13   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Screenshots of Gear box ratios (Manual and Automatic) and Interior from Suzuki's Indonesian website.

I can see low gear ratios in automatic as compared to manual. Will this affect the top end speed in AMT ?
Old 5th October 2015, 12:12   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I can see low gear ratios in automatic as compared to manual. Will this affect the top end speed in AMT ?
I don't think top speed will be affected but rather the lower end would have limitations. If you see the ratios, the third of manual is close to the second of auto box. What it means is, in city driving, most of the time it would keep shuffling between one and two only. The third has 1:1 ratio so it can only be engaged once you cross 50 kmph which means you need to have relatively free roads. Fourth is overdrive which I believe would be engaged only after you cross 70. Only for highways.

BTW, this auto box is not AMT.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:41   #2525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes, that's what I meant. Look at this link below:

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3168381

Do contact DBHPian Sankar for more information.
Thanks for the info, a4anurag. 6600 seems like a very reasonable cost for the upgrade.
Old 7th October 2015, 13:14   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
cyberwhizs did you get a chance to discuss with them on the pricing front, especially for the diesel variants. Can you try to get some insights on pricing front?
Happened to speak to the dealer again. As expected, no inputs on the pricing side except that it will be northward. The details will be made available post launch.

One bit of interesting info, the ertiga automatic variant is a 4 speed automatic and not the usual AMT which MSIL offers on other cars.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 13:22   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Happened to speak to the dealer again. As expected, no inputs on the pricing side except that it will be northward. The details will be made available post launch.

One bit of interesting info, the ertiga automatic variant is a 4 speed automatic and not the usual AMT which MSIL offers on other cars.
Thank you once again cyberwhizs for sharing that piece of info. It is very obvious that prices are bound to increase, now the only question remains, by how much?

Since Ertiga's competetion is not doing any good, MSIL should not get greedy resulting in steep price rise. I think max 3-4% rise is quite reasonable. That means 27K to 36K increase on an ex-showroom price of 9 lacs. The onroad price increase should be in the range of 40-50K max.
Old 8th October 2015, 11:13   #2528
BHPian

Launch is 2 days away and no spy shots of Indian version anywhere.

Can we say MSIL is doing excellent in hiding the face-lift version or the launch is delayed? Just wondering as even the Baleno is launching at the same time.
Old 8th October 2015, 15:17   #2529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Launch is 2 days away and no spy shots of Indian version anywhere.

Can we say MSIL is doing excellent in hiding the face-lift version or the launch is delayed? Just wondering as even the Baleno is launching at the same time.
Lets hope that the Ertiga facelift gets launched on 10th Oct as has been reported by various auto portals and journals. Yes, no doubt Maruti seems to be focussing more on the Baleno launch. It won't be a big bang launch, as after-all it is a mere facelift and not a new car. I guess the launch at the dealership level might happen in a phased manner, because till now no one has reported any spottings of facelift Ertigas at any of the dealerships.
Old 9th October 2015, 16:18   #2530
Distinguished - BHPian

2015 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Facelift Launching Tomorrow. (10th October)

Maruti Suzuki's homepage getting ready for incorporating the facelift Ertiga. ( Ertiga is now missing from it)

Like the Ciaz, Ertiga is expected to get the SHVS mild hybrid tech to improve the overall fuel efficiency.

Quote:
The updated Ertiga is coming with new features along with refreshed exteriors and expected mechanical upgrades. The prices are expected to remain largely unaltered except for minor bumps.
Quote:
In terms of engines, Ertiga facelift will carry forward the 1.4-liter K14B petrol and 1.3-liter DDiS 200. However, the 1.3-liter DDiS might get the Suzuki’s SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle System) featuring start-stop and brake energy regeneration. The diesel’s fuel efficiency will see a bump if it get the SHVS from outgoing model’s 20.77 kmpl. The petrol could also get an automatic option this time with the facelift. In terms of safety, there’s a possibility that Maruti might standardize airbags on the Ertiga.
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...rrow-16736.htm

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th October 2015 at 16:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 10:32   #2531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2015 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Facelift Launching Tomorrow. (10th October)

Maruti Suzuki's homepage getting ready for incorporating the facelift Ertiga. ( Ertiga is now missing from it)
Guys, is the facelift launch really happening today. Nowhere there is any official communication from MSIL. Moreover I can still see the existing Ertiga on Maruti Suzuki's homepage.

Is there going to be any live webcast? If at all today what is the exact time of launch? Why Maruti has been so tight lipped about the facelift launch?
Old 10th October 2015, 11:07   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Guys, is the facelift launch really happening today. Nowhere there is any official communication from MSIL. Moreover I can still see the existing Ertiga on Maruti Suzuki's homepage.

Is there going to be any live webcast? If at all today what is the exact time of launch? Why Maruti has been so tight lipped about the facelift launch?
Called Sai Service Anderi just now. They say the launch is on Monday, i.e. 12th Oct 15. The car will be available in the showroom and he has invited me to come and see it.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 10th October 2015 at 11:08. Reason: typo
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 13:44   #2533
BHPian

Just a few questions?

1. Why is it so difficult for Maruti to offer AMT / Automatic on the diesel. Already Fiat models have it ( AMT) on their 1.3L Multijet series

2. Why did Maruti go for the 4-speed, and not a 5 speed automatic? More like a plonk from the present generation which is already available in the Gulf with 4-speed last 2 years.

3. Is it a big rocket science to add SHVS to petrol engines or automatic variants. A push for fuel economy should be across all models?
Old 10th October 2015, 17:24   #2534
BHPian

Got to know from one of the sales guy in Bangalore that the new vehicles have already arrived in the stockyards. According to the same person the luggage space is marginally increased.

Not sure if the news is true would wait and watch.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 19:42   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post

I wonder how they placed the blue bag horizontally
Photoshop ? My ertiga wont even fit a cabin bag in that position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks