Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 22:18   #2551
@KP
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I thought the tail lights were extended a la Innova. What happened ?
Exactly ! And what is this ZXi+ now? They are going the Ciaz route for the facelift ?
Old 13th October 2015, 00:05   #2552
BANNED

Quote:
I thought the tail lights were extended a la Innova. What happened ?
May be they read our feedback on that Innova - like and went back to the drawing board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Exactly ! And what is this ZXi+ now? They are going the Ciaz route for the facelift ?
Yes, similar to Ciaz. We can see the features to be divided just the way they are in the Ciaz.

"ERTIGA" has now moved to the chrome strip above the number plate just the way it is seen in the WagonR. Less badge clutter but that seems to be replaced by another badge aka SHVS.

Hope AT is given in the Z variant too if not the Z+ variant.
Old 13th October 2015, 11:29   #2553
BHPian

2015 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga facelift to launch on 15 October; variants, features, all you need to know

The leaked information ahead of the launch also explains the variants and features of the MPV facelift. The list and features of the new variants are as follows:

LXI/LDI - Manual AC, power steering, body coloured bumpers, tilt steering, 60:40 split second row seat, seat belt reminder buzzer and driver-side airbag.

LXI(O)/LDI(O) - In addition to the features of LXI/LDI, ABS with EBD, pre-tensioner and force limiter and front passenger airbag.

VXI/VDI - In addition to the features of LXI(O)/LDI(O), body coloured ORVM and door handle, all power window, keyless entry, audio system with Bluetooth, USB, AUX-in and CD, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVM with turn indicators, reverse parking sensor, chrome grille and 50:50 split foldable third row seats.

ZXI/ZDI - In addition to the features of VXI/VDI, steering mounted audio controls, height-adjustable driver seat, rear wiper and defogger and alloy wheels.

ZXI+/ZDI+ – In addition to the features to the ZXI/ZDI, reverse parking camera, Touchscreen SmartPlay entertainment system and push start button with smart key.

Full Report -
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/2015-maruti...ed-know-650206
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 11:34   #2554
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Hope AT is given in the Z variant too if not the Z+ variant.
Well, the SA from Varun Motors, Gachibowli very clearly tells me that the AT is available only in the V variant

Quote:
2015 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga facelift to launch on 15 October; variants, features, all you need to know

Full Report -
Surprisingly, no mention of AT anywhere?

Last edited by @KP : 13th October 2015 at 11:40.
Old 13th October 2015, 11:42   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the SA from Varun Motors, Gachibowli very clearly tells me that the AT is available only in the V variant
This is indeed a very bad news. Why do they do such a big blunder. How can they think people looking for Z variant would not want Automatic as well.
Old 13th October 2015, 11:49   #2556
BHPian

Quote:
LXI/LDI - Manual AC, power steering, body coloured bumpers, tilt steering, 60:40 split second row seat, seat belt reminder buzzer and driver-side airbag.

LXI(O)/LDI(O) - In addition to the features of LXI/LDI, ABS with EBD, pre-tensioner and force limiter and front passenger airbag.
Have anybody noticed the LXI/LDI with driver-side airbag, and LXI(O)/LDI(O) with 2 airbags, ABS+EBD, Pre-tensioner & Force Limiter?
If this is true, it is a step in the right direction. Maruti, as market leader has the potential to revamp the whole car market in India, and we should appreciate the fact that, Maruti is coming out with safety kit in base variants. It is no longer like the olden days where only the ZXI/ZDI versions have driver airbag!
Way to go Maruti!
The next step would be to remove the LXI(O)/LDI(O) variants, by making these additional features part of LXI/LDI itself.
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 12:21   #2557
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
This is indeed a very bad news. Why do they do such a big blunder. How can they think people looking for Z variant would not want Automatic as well.
Now, my only wish is that his prediction goes wrong and that MSIL does give AT in Z / Z+ variants.
Old 13th October 2015, 14:25   #2558

Quote:

The leaked information ahead of the launch also explains the variants and features of the MPV facelift. The list and features of the new variants are as follows:

VXI/VDI - In addition to the features of LXI(O)/LDI(O), body coloured ORVM and door handle, all power window, keyless entry, audio system with Bluetooth, USB, AUX-in and CD, electrically adjustable and foldable ORVM with turn indicators, reverse parking sensor, chrome grille and 50:50 split foldable third row seats.

ZXI/ZDI - In addition to the features of VXI/VDI, steering mounted audio controls, height-adjustable driver seat, rear wiper and defogger and alloy wheels.

ZXI+/ZDI+ – In addition to the features to the ZXI/ZDI, reverse parking camera, Touchscreen SmartPlay entertainment system and push start button with smart key.

Full Report -

I am being told by the SA at Spectra Motors, Goregaon that ZDI+ would also be featuring navigation system. Is that correct ?
Old 13th October 2015, 15:55   #2559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaranil View Post
I am being told by the SA at Spectra Motors, Goregaon that ZDI+ would also be featuring navigation system. Is that correct ?
Yes, as per the feature list reported by various Auto portals, it will have the same AVN (Audio Visual Navigation) system as the Ciaz Z+ variants, which is called the smart play infotainment.

Further details on the navigation part of the system can be found over here -----> http://www.marutisuzuki.com/smartpla...dex.aspx#Drive
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 16:03   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Every time, the manufacturers keep the AT on the lower variant because, they can charge almost equal to the price of MT top variant. You can check any car - the below will be the sequence:
a) MT mid variant b) AT mid variant c) MT top variant
Mostly AT mid variant will be priced about 0.8 - 1L more than the MT mid variant. And MT Top variant is priced 1L higher than MT mid variant and about 0.1 or 0.2 higher than AT mid variant.
So, pick your choice. You want features OR you want AT box?

If they fit the AT box on top variant, they will not be able to charge the 1L premium they get by putting on mid variant. Let us hope the premiumness of AT reduces soon and they put MT and AT variants within a few thousands difference. Then only we can hope Top spec AT variants.
Old 13th October 2015, 16:06   #2561
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
So, pick your choice. You want features OR you want AT box?
What if I want both? And am willing to pay!

My point is, give that option to the customer. Give AT on top end as an option perhaps made only to order. Why are the manufacturers denying the choice?

I have said this before and will tell again - give the customer the choice !
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 20:03   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
What if I want both? And am willing to pay!

My point is, give that option to the customer. Give AT on top end as an option perhaps made only to order. Why are the manufacturers denying the choice?

I have said this before and will tell again - give the customer the choice !
Could not agree more, that is the cornerstone of customer centricity: let the customer choose! discontinue once the picture clears up, but at least give the customer the choice upfront!

By the way KP, so are you still deciding between the Lodgy and Ertiga?

My wife is leaning towards the XUV, which is an entirely different segment, but does anyone have any inputs for me, between Ertiga AT vs XUV AT (hoping it comes in early next year as rumored)?
Old 13th October 2015, 20:11   #2563
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please pardon me if I am jumping the gun too early, but now it is almost certain that I would be going for the top end diesel Ertiga SHVS (ZDi+). Though I am yet to book the car, I want to be prepared to take the delivery as early as possible. Because in all likelihood the sale in my current ride (Innova) may take place in the next two weeks and I am planning to get the Ertiga delivered before that. Could someone please help me with the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) checklist tailored for the Ertiga? Existing owners, would appreciate your help in this regard.
Old 13th October 2015, 20:36   #2564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Could someone please help me with the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) checklist tailored for the Ertiga? Existing owners, would appreciate your help in this regard.
I am not sure if there should be a specific PDI List tailored for the Ertiga. However, I am sure we have a detailed thread for the same which you can access from this URL

There is nothing specific that you need to look in the Ertiga. May be the following should be assessed before delivery:
  • Sliding, Reclining and folding mechanism of all the 3 rows wherever applicable
  • Functioning or Rear AC Unit - Which works with the Front AC in operation
  • As most of the interiors would be beige (expecting the dash to have a bit of Black/Grey), make sure the floor carpet, door pads, steering, seat mouldings, Door Sil mouldings, Boot storage area (additional) cover etc to be stainfree
  • Check for marks on the roof lining as well - Specially near Grab Handles and Rear AC Switches
  • Functioning of the additional 12V socket at the rear
  • Try to loosen and lower the spare wheel mounting frame and put that back - At times, the factory would have torqued it too much

I guess I can only think of so much for the Ertiga and would not want to get specific about the rest which you can find in the mentioned thread anyway.

EDIT- Before I forget, make a fist and hit on the roof lining below the rear AC Unit and if you hear some rattle, it is most likely the infamous rear AC rattle. Just make the Sales folks aware of this and get this addressed in one of the free services.

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th October 2015 at 20:47.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 20:51   #2565
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Could someone please help me with the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) checklist tailored for the Ertiga?
In addition to what Parag has mentioned, I'll add - Tyre pressures as per recommended specifications.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed