Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 00:28   #2686
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Hi

Just completed a approx. 9500 kms 40 day journey in the Ertiga. Drove across several states, variety of terrain and with solo to 8 people.

A TL and detailed review of performance coming up in the next few days.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 09:36   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

Just completed a approx. 9500 kms 40 day journey in the Ertiga. Drove across several states, variety of terrain and with solo to 8 people.

Cheers

Rajain
Well done Rajain . Looking forward to your travelogue.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 10:43   #2688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetLife View Post
Hello Parag,
Using option#1 will have any warranty issues ?
I have mine booked with Jan'16 delivery date, Just wanted to be sure before I change using option#1.
Remember that these days most of the ASCs use Tabs to enter details of your vehicle and prepare the Job card. This also means that they take picture of your car from all the 4 sides including one from the Engine Bay too.

This has happened to me many times and they clearly capture the wiring Kit that is visible inside the bonnet for the headlight upgrade.

I have been using this kit in both my cars with zero issues and hence its only due to this experience that I continue to use that today too.

I expect no such issues withe electrical system if the Kit is of good quality and if one manages to use the beams sanely driving mostly in low beams and settling for 100/90 instead of 130/100 which will certainly cause overheating issues.

That said, there is no way I will foolishly say that this set-up wont void warranty. In reality IT DOES as it is an additional and an unauthorized accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain. Look forward to the TL now.

As for me, Instead of a planned trip up north ended up with a simple run of 2200 kms to Mumbai (and surroundings) and back last weekend.

Regarding the pulling power with 7 onboard, I am more than sure that 1.3 with 90 horses manages the show quite well as I have experienced it many times.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2016, 11:49   #2689
BHPian

Thanks Parag, that helps.
Delivery of my vehicle should happen by end Jan'16.
Old 5th January 2016, 17:06   #2690
BHPian

Wanted to do Paint protection on my Ertiga ZDi +. After reading through the forum found that Waxoyl and Diamond brite treatment offer good protection. Also these 2 treatment do not use rubbing compound hence paint is not cut. I am a little confused as to which treatment should I opt for. Both are quoting Rs 4000.
Request long term owners like Parag to please help me out.
Old 10th January 2016, 19:20   #2691
BHPian

Seriously looking at the petrol ZXI+ to replace my 15 year 200k qualis. Wife is extremely unenthusiastic about the beige interiors as she is worried they will soil easily and be difficult to maintain. Any thoughts? Also is there any interior treatment available to prevent this.
modthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2016, 23:00   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by modthomas View Post
Seriously looking at the petrol ZXI+ to replace my 15 year 200k qualis. Wife is extremely unenthusiastic about the beige interiors as she is worried they will soil easily and be difficult to maintain. Any thoughts? Also is there any interior treatment available to prevent this.
Hello Sir,

I have a 2014 Ertiga Zxi and already covered 41000 KM.
The Interior of Ertiga is never an issue for me. After 40k KM the interior of my car is still looks new.

I will post some interior pics here tomorrow.

I am using Autofresh - Interior Cleaner to clean all the interior plastics.

http://www.autofresh.in/autofresh/au...36003-cat.html

And using 3M interior wax to wax the plastics after cleaning with Autofresh.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/3m-a...r/677820129273

Both are very easy to apply.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 10:43   #2693
BHPian

Here are the pics of my Ertiga interior.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160111_130808.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160111_130820.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160111_130842.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160111_130852.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160111_130906.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th January 2016 at 10:54. Reason: Quoted post removed.
KALINGA is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 12:33   #2694
BHPian

Any plans for Team-BHP team to do a test drive of Ertiga Automatic?

I am trying to get a test drive of Ertiga Automatic, and none of the dealers here in Hyderabad have an automatic for test drive. In fact, getting a petrol one to test drive itself was hard.

Looking to see if people who have automatics can share their experience. Were you guys able to get a test drive before making booking?
Old 15th January 2016, 22:45   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Any plans for Team-BHP team to do a test drive of Ertiga Automatic?

I am trying to get a test drive of Ertiga Automatic, and none of the dealers here in Hyderabad have an automatic for test drive. In fact, getting a petrol one to test drive itself was hard.

Looking to see if people who have automatics can share their experience. Were you guys able to get a test drive before making booking?
Here you go, the first automatic ertiga owner review - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171930
diwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 20:04   #2696
BHPian

One of the features that I miss on my Ertiga is a sensor/camera that can help me prevent hitting my front bumper to any culvert or pole when parking. Is any such device available in Bangalore with a good guy who would fit it for me?
Secondly which would be the best fabric cleaner for the Ertiga?
Old 18th January 2016, 10:45   #2697
BHPian

One of the things I observe about the roof AC on my Ertiga is that the roof AC works best only when you are soft on the accelerator pedal. When accelerating even mildly the roof AC virtually comes to a halt. I am saying this based on the sound the AC makes. Is this anyone else's experience as well?
Old 19th January 2016, 12:00   #2698
BHPian

Hi friends,
I am looking for a new car and ertiga diesel is also in my option. I am looking at VDI model.
I happened to see "torque assist" as one of the technology available. I tried searching elsewhere but couldn't get the understanding. Apologies if this is already discussed in this thread. Can somebody enlighten me on this?
Also, I am based out of chennai. Could friends from chennai let me know what is the average fuel consumption that i can expect and which service center/dealer could be considered?
Old 19th January 2016, 12:17   #2699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Hi friends,
I am looking for a new car and ertiga diesel is also in my option. I am looking at VDI model.
I happened to see "torque assist" as one of the technology available. I tried searching elsewhere but couldn't get the understanding. Apologies if this is already discussed in this thread. Can somebody enlighten me on this?
The alternator which normally works to charge the battery during the drive, also converts itself into an electric motor when needed to assist the engine with additional torque. This is part of every SHVS engine ( Smart Hybrid Vehicle Technology from Suzuki ).
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 13:00   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Hi friends,
Also, I am based out of chennai. Could friends from chennai let me know what is the average fuel consumption that i can expect and which service center/dealer could be considered?
Balaji, I test drove the new diesel with SHVS and did not find any significant perceptible improvement in low end torque/power which according to me is a serious issue on the diesel Ertiga.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks