Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2016, 19:38   #2791
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

I see from internet that old ertiga acceleration 0 – 100 km/h is 14.28 where as it is 15.5 seconds for diesel. Why is acceleration lesser for SVHS eventhough there is an electric motor to assist?

I hear that there is a Rs 13K refund from Central govt since it is a electric hybrid car. Is this true?
Old 17th May 2016, 21:26   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
I hear that there is a Rs 13K refund from Central govt since it is a electric hybrid car. Is this true?
Yes, you get a discount
Old 17th May 2016, 22:26   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Yes, you get a discount
Is it cash discount from dealer or refund from govt?
Old 17th May 2016, 22:34   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Is it cash discount from dealer or refund from govt?

The money is given by the govt to dealer, who passes it on to you.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 11:34   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Disconnect both the OE Holders from both the Bulbs. They simply hang there. Now connect the left hand side bulb's OE Holder to the female holder supplied as part of the Wiring harness you bought. So one OE holder is used here and the other one hangs. This is done essentially to pass the controls to your harness from the main headlight switch/stalks.

There will be one Ring/C-Terminal each attached to both the Bulb Holders of your new wiring kit. Thats for Ground. The best place for these is the bolt holding the fender right behind the Headlight assembly.

There will be one more ring terminal which goes to the 12V (Positive) node of the Battery of your car.

Ensure you route the cabling of the harness from behind the front Grill. For this you need to remove the studs holding the grille, make some space and route the cable here from LHS to RHS side. Use plenty of zip ties for securing the cables.
Parag, my ertiga is due for the 5K second service. Please guide me as to what has to be taken care off since no oil or diesel filter has to be changed.
Also can u please enlighten me about synthetic oil and whether if it is used then what would be the the change interval.
Old 18th May 2016, 11:43   #2796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
Parag, my ertiga is due for the 5K second service. Please guide me as to what has to be taken care off since no oil or diesel filter has to be changed.
Also can u please enlighten me about synthetic oil and whether if it is used then what would be the the change interval.
The first oil change is at 10,000 kms. Stick to that although there are many who have got the oil replaced as early at 5000 kms due to running in. I have never till 10,000 kms.

Regarding Oil type, I have used both and found no major difference till now (8 oil changes till now), mainly because the grade of oil that MGP uses for both Synthetic and regular remains unchanged.

However, this service I am planning to move to Mobil Delvac and experience the difference om experimental basis.

Else at 5000 kms you have nothing that you need to take care off. Just inspection and that's all.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 13:37   #2797
Senior - BHPian

Out of curiosity i am shooting this

Now that Ertiga is around since 5 years, wanted to hear about some high mileage stories

Has anyone here crossed a lakh kms ? Any long term maintenance issues ?

I have a 2013 Ertiga diesel that is nearing 50k kms and car still feels brand new

So wanted to know the feedback from those who have exceeded the 6 digits
Old 19th May 2016, 13:48   #2798
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga SHVS( diesel variant) prices in Delhi following Government lowering VAT from 24 per cent to 12.5 per cent on hybrid and electric vehicles.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-capture.jpg

http://www.rushlane.com/maruti-ertig...-12197046.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 13:53   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I have a 2013 Ertiga diesel that is nearing 50k kms and car still feels brand new

So wanted to know the feedback from those who have exceeded the 6 digits
You should not be worrying at all. Denver85 is a member who's crossed 1 Lac already (But posts less here).

Mine is already at 92,000 now and its business as usual.

Tires, Brakes, Suspension, Clutch - These are the normal wear and tear parts and life would depend heavily on your usage and driving style(s).

Usual fluid replacements at designated intervals should take care of everything in long run.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 15:14   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You should not be worrying at all. Denver85 is a member who's crossed 1 Lac already (But posts less here).

Mine is already at 92,000 now and its business as usual.

Tires, Brakes, Suspension, Clutch - These are the normal wear and tear parts and life would depend heavily on your usage and driving style(s).

Usual fluid replacements at designated intervals should take care of everything in long run.
Exactly what i wanted to hear

Any reference on roof racks ? Looking for only occasional long drives 1-2 times a year and worried about spoiling the looks and the FE

I liked the rouf rails but they are based out of Coimbatore. Yesterday noticed a roof rack similar but it had different branding(chinese)

Open for suggestions on good roof racks for ertiga and places in Bangalore
Old 19th May 2016, 15:46   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly what i wanted to hear

Any reference on roof racks ? Looking for only occasional long drives 1-2 times a year and worried about spoiling the looks and the FE

I liked the rouf rails but they are based out of Coimbatore. Yesterday noticed a roof rack similar but it had different branding(chinese)

Open for suggestions on good roof racks for ertiga and places in Bangalore

I would suggest taking out the storage box on the floor of the boot. Simple job of removing two screws and four pins.

Was able to easily accommodate luggage for 7 on a recent trip including bulky sweaters. Just make sure that luggage is packed in soft bags and not hard suitcases. You will be amazed at the space available. Small items can even be pushed under the third row seats from the boot in this arrangement. Planning to keep this setup permanent.
Old 19th May 2016, 16:19   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
I would suggest taking out the storage box on the floor of the boot. Simple job of removing two screws and four pins.

Was able to easily accommodate luggage for 7 on a recent trip including bulky sweaters. Just make sure that luggage is packed in soft bags and not hard suitcases. You will be amazed at the space available. Small items can even be pushed under the third row seats from the boot in this arrangement. Planning to keep this setup permanent.
I will certainly experiment with this. I agree with you on soft duffle bags, but it really requires good planning to stuff all those bags, which is why taking inputs from those who have roof racks
Old 19th May 2016, 16:42   #2803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will certainly experiment with this. I agree with you on soft duffle bags, but it really requires good planning to stuff all those bags, which is why taking inputs from those who have roof racks
I am still keen on the Rouf Rails. They gel so well with the design of the car and still don't spoil the looks.

Regarding build and quality, well I had earlier posted a detailed response here:<Rouf Rails>

On the weekend, we are 9 Adults and 4 Kids driving to Mangalore in 2 cars and I wish there was a Rouf Rack that would have made loading all the luggage so easy. But then, I my usage of 3 rows for such drives is less than 10% (read overnighters+3 rows in use+luggage)and I never saw spending north of 16,000 INR worth for it along with the money spent to drive to Coimbatore and back for fitment.

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th May 2016 at 17:03.
Old 19th May 2016, 23:57   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ertiga SHVS( diesel variant) prices in Delhi following Government lowering VAT from 24 per cent to 12.5 per cent on hybrid and electric vehicles.
What about other states?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th May 2016 at 17:44.
Old 22nd May 2016, 15:02   #2805
BHPian

Today I took my car for the second free service. Nothing much to be done. Alighment was checked which was perfect and all the checklist items done. The Final car wash on the Automated machine. The MASS has contracted the washing and cleaning to WURTH. The WURTH guys were doing a good job. I am attaching a photo and a Video of the same

Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img3694.jpg  

Last edited by fuzail : 22nd May 2016 at 15:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks