Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 23:31   #2821
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Nonchalant attempts of a truck to change lanes at a toll booth nudged our Ertiga's right ORVM. The mount has loosened up and although it didn't break entirely, it's not folding up smoothly the way its supposed to.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-image.jpg

MASS has quoted me about 5k for the entire assembly but I think some of it can be salvaged. Any pointers as to how should I take it off to check the actual damage?
Old 6th June 2016, 17:55   #2822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Nonchalant attempts of a truck to change lanes at a toll booth nudged our Ertiga's right ORVM. The mount has loosened up and although it didn't break entirely, it's not folding up smoothly the way its supposed to.

Attachment 1514462

MASS has quoted me about 5k for the entire assembly but I think some of it can be salvaged. Any pointers as to how should I take it off to check the actual damage?
Please read posts 2242 to 2256 (page 150/151). I went through the same problem an year back.
arjithin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 21:00   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Please read posts 2242 to 2256 (page 150/151). I went through the same problem an year back.
Much appreciated. The situation is exactly opposite to yours - the mirror and the assembly looks intact whereas the cover/visor took some beating and is now scratched. I'll have a look at the assembly now and check if its beyond repair. As for the cover should I get a touch-up or simply replace it?

Old 6th June 2016, 21:09   #2824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Much appreciated. The situation is exactly opposite to yours - the mirror and the assembly looks intact whereas the cover/visor took some beating and is now scratched. I'll have a look at the assembly now and check if its beyond repair. As for the cover should I get a touch-up or simply replace it?

Attachment 1514745
Sadly, that is something i encounter atleast once a month and stopped worrying about it. I guess me having darker shade car helps in masking it a bit.

These mirrors are made of multiple parts. There should be availability of just the front panels. I had replaced once on my old swift and just paid 250 rs
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 09:10   #2825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1514745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Sadly, that is something i encounter atleast once a month and stopped worrying about it. I guess me having darker shade car helps in masking it a bit.

These mirrors are made of multiple parts. There should be availability of just the front panels. I had replaced once on my old swift and just paid 250 rs
What I recall is that Maruti supplies two parts for the mirror
1. Cover only - This comes in off white color
2. Complete mirror assembly ( two variants here a. with electric adjustments and indicator, b. mirror only for L variant)

I bought a complete assembly, and swapped the prev cover to the new assembly to save on the painting cost. Also kept the old assembly with me as a spare part for possible glass/motor/side indicator/cover damages for future.

below are the pics of my broken assembly with the new cover.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160607_090135.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20160607_090150.jpg

Looking at your image, I think a repaint of the cover will solve your problem (assuming no breakage is there). If you want to remove the mirror, its easy. Remove the plastic covering which is inside the door to open up the 3 screws, and then remove the screws to take the mirror out. If you want to disconnect the wiring to take the mirror out, you may have to remove the door panel as well.

But as Rajeshenoy said, mirrors are prone to scratches. You may want to have a look at this thread and see if it can be fixed via a DIY way - Link

I too have few scratches on my car's Mirrors (mostly on left side), and stopped bothering about that.

Last edited by arjithin : 7th June 2016 at 09:17.
arjithin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:16   #2826
BHPian

Has anyone tried using Speed or other Premium Petrol in their Ertiga?

When I used that in my Alto many years back, it would result in better mileage, pickup and generally a smoother engine.
And the bump in mileage would offset the higher costs.

would be interesting to know the experience of folks here..It could lay to rest some of the "power" issues with the Ertiga.
Old 8th June 2016, 09:42   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
What I recall is that Maruti supplies two parts for the mirror
1. Cover only - This comes in off white color
2. Complete mirror assembly ( two variants here a. with electric adjustments and indicator, b. mirror only for L variant)
below are the pics of my broken assembly with the new cover.

Attachment 1514863
Attachment 1514864

Looking at your image, I think a repaint of the cover will solve your problem (assuming no breakage is there). If you want to remove the mirror, its easy. Remove the plastic covering which is inside the door to open up the 3 screws, and then remove the screws to take the mirror out. If you want to disconnect the wiring to take the mirror out, you may have to remove the door panel as well.

But as Rajeshenoy said, mirrors are prone to scratches. You may want to have a look at this thread and see if it can be fixed via a DIY way - Link

I too have few scratches on my car's Mirrors (mostly on left side), and stopped bothering about that.
I had a peek inside the assembly yesterday and found this:

It seems the inner bracket itself has broken. I'm gonna remove the assembly today and fix it using epoxy and metal clips provided the bracket itself isn't metal (i believe its anodized plastic)
As for the white cover/visor, I think a buff and paint touch-up will suffice since it just has scratches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Has anyone tried using Speed or other Premium Petrol in their Ertiga?

When I used that in my Alto many years back, it would result in better mileage, pickup and generally a smoother engine.
And the bump in mileage would offset the higher costs.

would be interesting to know the experience of folks here..It could lay to rest some of the "power" issues with the Ertiga.
I doubt it'll show any noticeable increase in power and/or mileage since the low comp. ratio won't be able to harness anything from the high octane fuel.
Old 9th June 2016, 21:45   #2828
BHPian

Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

http://m.timesofindia.com/auto/misce...w/52670932.cms

Bengaluru mobile police get 222 Ertiga cars with Panasonic tablets! The new cars will replace Mahindra Boleros which were reportedly old and in shabby condition

Edit: already there is another thread which I didn't notice. @Mods - please delete if necessary!

Last edited by harishhm74 : 9th June 2016 at 21:59.
harishhm74 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 17:26   #2829
BANNED

While the M15 Petrol engine is coming to SCross (and Brezza too?) and replacing Ciaz's 1.4L K-series, won't it come to Ertiga as well?

I guess Maruti will make the 1.4 K-series exclusive for the international Vitara with the Turbo (Boosterjet) having 140BHP. All other > 1.2L Petrol models (Ciaz, Ertiga) may get the M15, IMO.

Being an older engine compared to K-series, Maruti will have some advantages in terms of cost of production and royalty to Suzuki Japan.

I really expect Maruti to come up with the 1.2L K-series with Boosterjet having ~120BHP to come in its premium small cars like Swift, Baleno, Brezza etc, instead of the 1L 3-cyl Boosterjet.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 24th June 2016 at 17:36.
Old 24th June 2016, 19:37   #2830
BHPian

I am having a creaking sound - metal rubbing on metal kind from the front left suspension of my 2015 December Ertiga Zxi+ run 2970km. Can be heard on bumps and potholes mostly when the suspension is compressed sometimes when the suspension extends too.

Have been hearing it from the first month of ownership and gradually increasing in frequency of times heard.

Taking the car in for 2nd 5000km/6months service tomorrow. Any pointers as to what I should look for or say to the service advisor?

Last edited by Ramon : 24th June 2016 at 19:38.
Old 26th June 2016, 11:12   #2831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
I am having a creaking sound - metal rubbing on metal kind from the front left suspension of my 2015 December Ertiga Zxi+ run 2970km. Can be heard on bumps and potholes mostly when the suspension is compressed sometimes when the suspension extends too.

Have been hearing it from the first month of ownership and gradually increasing in frequency of times heard.

Taking the car in for 2nd 5000km/6months service tomorrow. Any pointers as to what I should look for or say to the service advisor?
Its obvious, get it checked for warranty repairs if any. Since you are able to hear these sounds.. you can also verify once they diagnose

Warranty repairs will be free, so why wait
Old 1st July 2016, 18:25   #2832

Dear All

Completed 4years and 79,900KMS on the Odometer. I had a indifferent experience with Ertiga ZDI Gear box till date. Had to Overhaul the gear box and Replace the sychronizing Ring between 2nd and 3rd Gear at 36,000KMS in warranty. Then replaced Clutch and pressure plate at 62000KMS and again the problem was noticed during 79,900KMs servicing. Gear Shifting was hard and I reported the same to service adviser during the last service. The again and overhauled the gear box, replaced clutch and pressure plate. I raised a complaint to maruti reg. the quality of product (Had to Open Gearbox Thrice in 80K Kms). No reply from them. I refused to accept the delivery from the dealer until maruti replied. After many reminder and phone calls Maruti replied saying the dealer would assure the gear box performance for next 20K. .

But I am really worried now. If the problem reoccurs it would cost almost 18 thousand for repairs. This is a big cost I have to be prepared by next 30plus KMS. I have Lost the Confidence on the product. Has any body faced a similar issue with gear box till date?

Should I sell the car? Should I shift to Reneault Lodgy as it is offering heavy discounts on feature packed lodgy.
Old 3rd July 2016, 16:17   #2833
BHPian

My Ertiga's Engine start stop light blinks when the engine in running. The A light on the left corner. Can u please tell me whats wrong.
Old 15th July 2016, 18:06   #2834
BHPian

Hey bhpians!

My friend has a diesel ertiga which had its fuel pump and the fuel filter was replaced since it was totally gummed up. While changing these, the plumbing upto the filter had also been blown out with compressed air. The wiring to the fuel pump shorted the pump so even the wiring has also been replaced. The car has done almost 1.2 lac kms. It still has a host of DTCs. He came to me with the car and we scanned it. Following are the codes we got:

P0087 - fuel pressure low

P0089 - fuel pressure regulator performance problem

P0100 - MAF/VAF sensor circuit malfunction

P0401 - EGR system insufficient flow detected

B0900 - no description (maybe maruti specific.)

We need some guidance as to how to proceed.

Mods: If this is in the wrong thread please shift it to the correct one.
Old 15th July 2016, 18:31   #2835
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had a peek inside the assembly yesterday and found this:

Attachment 1515403

It seems the inner bracket itself has broken. I'm gonna remove the assembly today and fix it using epoxy and metal clips provided the bracket itself isn't metal
Hi Turbo_Torq, did you fix the broken mount? It looks like the mount is made of Aluminium judging by the pic and although some epoxy glue can fix it you can also get it welded by engineering workshops which does Alu. welding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks