Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 07:40   #2911
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Thanks Parag, Ananth & Rajiv - for chiming in. Such informed inputs only this TBHP community can provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
That boot is no boot at all - At max one can carry only a couple of bags and not really proper luggage.

For those extra bucks paid and the additional features, more importantly the CVT and the beautiful iVTEC, BRV will be a better choice if your options are limited to Petrol only. Its got much better luggage space even with the 3rd row in use.

If you are looking for an all time 7 Seater, you need to look elsewhere. If you need on occasional 7 Seater - Ertiga makes sense.
My requirement is indeed an occasional 7 seater, and a petrol car makes most sense given our mileage. However, during those times, the car will be fully loaded (6 adults + 2 babies) with luggage. Given the market choices, I'm re-thinking the whole idea of acquiring a 'van'. Getting a second 5-seater car (this opens up a different door altogether), that'll provide comfortable seating and sufficient boot space, are two biggest advantages coming to my mind. Ofcourse, this set up cannot replicate the 'togetherness' that a 'van' provides, but Ertiga & BRV both seem to have some 'cons'. Sorry for digressing, but such is the confusion right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Honda BRV is much more expensive and the seat comfort is not as good as ertiga. Also the third row is bit low positioned making your knees point to roof.
Will start with my ertiga experience as soon as I get it this month.
Regards
Precisely, why I'm re-thinking the idea of a 'van'. BRV is a fancy 'van' for my family My apologies to owners, I don't mean to degrade the car at all. It's just how my family looks at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
Hi if your one of the key requirement is boot space I recommend you to go with BRV. My colleague has an ertiga and after looking at BRV his first comment was the boot space is larger than his ertiga which I seconded too.
Boot space is a requirement, during times we travel together as a family on outstation trips. I'm wondering if the car (any car that I finally chose) cannot meet my requirements of seating & boot space, along with all the other requirements, then is it worth spending 15L+ (BRV is going be the max till which I can stretch my budget)?

Mods: Not sure if this belongs in the official review thread. It is getting into 'what car?' kind of discussion, but then do I post in hatchback or MUV sections? My sincere apologies. Please guide me to the relevant section/thread for further discussion.
Old 15th October 2016, 21:18   #2912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
However, during those times, the car will be fully loaded (6 adults + 2 babies) with luggage. Given the market choices, I'm re-thinking the whole idea of acquiring a 'van'. Getting a second 5-seater car (this opens up a different door altogether), that'll provide comfortable seating and sufficient boot space, are two biggest advantages coming to my mind. Ofcourse, this set up cannot replicate the 'togetherness' that a 'van' provides, but Ertiga & BRV both seem to have some 'cons'. Sorry for digressing, but such is the confusion right now.
I have two cars running as of now, santro and estilo. For real needs I take two of them out but that always brings in need for another "long distance capable" driver and a "disconnection" during long drives. You need to keep "an eye" on other car and vice a versa. I have seen a plenty of disadvantages of taking two cars for long drives.
Now market has pretty good luggage carriers for ertiga. I am thinking to put one which I might get at JC road, Bangalore. The one I saw does not rise much over the top of the car and when there is no luggage it does not look odd either. Again they can paint it with same colour shade making it gel well with remaining chassis.

Here are some sample photos.
http://www.roufrails.com/

After all the decision is yours but this is one of the reasons for me to buy a part time 7 seater.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 15th October 2016 at 21:28.
Old 22nd October 2016, 14:31   #2913
Senior - BHPian

Got my Ertiga Vxi Granait Grey today . It was a good experience at Pratham Motors. Miles to go now.

Regards
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 21:09   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Ertiga Vxi Granait Grey today . It was a good experience at Pratham Motors. Miles to go now.

Regards
Congrats.

Enjoy the drive. I also purchased mine from them and over the year they have serviced it also.

It's a wonderful car and makes a compelling case for itself.

Waiting for your updates.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 21:36   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Just checked with my new ertiga that they have put JK tyres. Any idea about their quality?
Old 26th October 2016, 21:49   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked with my new ertiga that they have put JK tyres. Any idea about their quality?
Best to replace them with a better rubber just after taking the delivery. You will get best buyback per tyre if you replace it within 100 kms on the odo.

My experience with JK brand has been horrible to say the least. Still others may guide you better.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 22:03   #2917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Best to replace them with a better rubber just after taking the delivery. You will get best buyback per tyre if you replace it within 100 kms on the odo.

My experience with JK brand has been horrible to say the least. Still others may guide you better.
+1 to that.

I moved to Michelin XM2 (205/60/R15) at 16K on the ODO. JKs as stock were simply useless and I had never liked them.

I learnt that I should have taken this decision at the show room itself.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 22:16   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Paragbhai
Any specific tyre shop to sell the old tyres? Tyre empire simply said they do not buy back and I am aware of them as one of the good tyre shops.
Ertiga has clocked only 39km as of now. May be time to get them replaced ASAP.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 26th October 2016 at 22:22.
Old 26th October 2016, 22:24   #2919
BHPian

Quote:
Paragbhai
Any specific tyre shop to sell the old tyres? Tyre empire simply said they do not buy back and I am aware of them as one of the good tyre shops.
Ertiga has clocked only 39km as of now. May be time to get them replaced ASAP.

Please check with Madhu's at Basavanagudi. They are one of the best in Bangalore.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 19:41   #2920

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunjanArora View Post
Hi Asnagouda, I am very interested in the aspect you mentioned, laying 2nd and 3rd row flat and a couple of people can sleep on it. Question to you - Is the seat base strong enough to bear the weight when seats are flipped?
Hi GunjanArora,
Quite strong. Did not feel any problem. It could accommodate 2 adult ladies and 2 kids in sleeping position and one teen in sitting position. We have to put some soft bed and pillows to make it more comfortable.
Old 4th November 2016, 09:07   #2921
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Could somebody please let me know the "real" milage numbers for petrol ertiga? All numbers on the ARAI standards look rosy but reality could be quite different.
Most of the bhpians have diesel ertigas and have shared the numbers often on this thread but no data for petrol ertigas.
Any details are appreciated.

Regards
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 10:13   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Could somebody please let me know the "real" milage numbers for petrol ertiga? All numbers on the ARAI standards look rosy but reality could be quite different.
Most of the bhpians have diesel ertigas and have shared the numbers often on this thread but no data for petrol ertigas.

Regards
It's around 10 in city. On highways you can expect around 15. On cng this figure changes to 15 in city and around 22 on highways.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 20:11   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Regards
I am getting following figures on my Ertiga ZXI+

1. City with 100% AC (1 to 4 adults + 2 kids): 11 to 12 KMPL
2. Highway with 100% AC (4 adults + 2 kids + Luggage): 14 kmpl

I drive with a very lite foot
mp417 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 21:09   #2924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
I am getting following figures on my Ertiga ZXI+

1. City with 100% AC (1 to 4 adults + 2 kids): 11 to 12 KMPL
2. Highway with 100% AC (4 adults + 2 kids + Luggage): 14 kmpl

I drive with a very lite foot
I am seeing average of around 13.6kmpl most of the times in city with 80% ac. How accurate is that? I have not taken it yet on any long distance drive to check highway milage. I am driving with 4 adults and one kid onboard.

Regards
Old 14th November 2016, 19:12   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
I am seeing average of around 13.6kmpl most of the times in city with 80% ac. How accurate is that? I have not taken it yet on any long distance drive to check highway milage. I am driving with 4 adults and one kid onboard.

Regards
13.6 is good. I assume you are getting this figure from MID so it's accurate.
Is your Ertiga CNG or only Petrol?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks