Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 14:57   #3091
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash98 View Post
The Maruti guys told me that there is already a factory fitted spoiler which the Ertiga has which also has the brake light on it. They claim they will drill holes there and so the car body will not be affected, and as a result there will be no rusting. What do you think???
Wrong info.

Holes will be drilled and quite badly. It is you who will have to take care of it by plugging the holes properly.

Refer this thread please.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3514780

PS: Been more than 3 Years I guess since I fit the spoiler. I had removed that cap once to check for any rusting where the screw was fit but the insulation I had applied had helped to ensure there was none.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 13:47   #3092
BHPian

When may the Ertiga Dreza be launched in India?

Why South East Asian countries get the upgraded models of automobiles much earlier than India most of the times?
Old 5th July 2017, 16:21   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
When may the Ertiga Dreza be launched in India?
Forget about Dreza here is a news on 2018 Ertiga
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 19:49   #3094
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody have a solution for poor front glass wiper quality for ertiga? Today while returning home in dark it was raining and ertiga wipers could not clear the glass well. When the wiper rubs across the glass there is thin film or something on whole glass. This goes away if I stop the wiper. It is very pathetic when a car with high beams come from opposite side. I had seen same issue with my estilo. Is it a common issue with Matuti cars? I have not seen this with Hyundai cars. I tried blowing cold air from the defogger setting as well but it did not help. This makes night driving an issue in rains. My ertiga is hardly 8 months old for the rubber to get hard and always parked in basement parking for whole day. Any suggestions?

Last edited by rajivtelang : 6th July 2017 at 19:51.
Old 7th July 2017, 09:27   #3095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Does anybody have a solution for poor front glass wiper quality for ertiga?
Usually its the same brand Maruti uses across most of their Models. What differentiates is the Wiper Size.

So it cannot be a case where you can say only wiper quality was poor with a particular model.

Quote:
Today while returning home in dark it was raining and ertiga wipers could not clear the glass well. When the wiper rubs across the glass there is thin film or something on whole glass.
Indication that the wipers have lived their life. If you are running fresh set of wipers and this happens, I would advise you to first clean the windscreen properly after a thorough wash with Colin and wipe them with newspapers.

Remember that even following heavy vehicles on single lane road for a long time will ensure the exhaust from trucks ahead leave a greasy layer on the windscreen.

Quote:
I tried blowing cold air from the defogger setting as well but it did not help. This makes night driving an issue in rains. My ertiga is hardly 8 months old for the rubber to get hard and always parked in basement parking for whole day. Any suggestions?
Not always Cold Air will do the trick. It is all about maintaining the right temperature.

Try this : If the mist doesn't clear with cold Air, with blower position towards the windscreen, set the Temperature to Hot and wait for a least 1 minute and a half to see the results. You are most likely to see the mist clear.

With AC it cleans almost instantly but with heater it would take a minute but eventually it will. Once this is done, set the temperature knob to desired position and move the Air flow towards you and drive.

Try this (and no this is not something common to Maruti cars )
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 09:54   #3096
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody have a solution for poor front glass wiper quality for ertiga? Today while returning home in dark it was raining and ertiga wipers could not clear the glass well. When the wiper rubs across the glass there is thin film or something on whole glass. This goes away if I stop the wiper. It is very pathetic when a car with high beams come from opposite side. I had seen same issue with my estilo. Is it a common issue with Matuti cars? I have not seen this with Hyundai cars. I tried blowing cold air from the defogger setting as well but it did not help. This makes night driving an issue in rains. My ertiga is hardly 8 months old for the rubber to get hard and always parked in basement parking for whole day. Any suggestions?
Like Parag has told, its mostly the wipers going bad. Replace and check if it works. Else it could be some organic deposits/dirt on the windscreen. This doesnt show up in day time or when it is not raining, but once it starts raining and you use the wipers, it makes the visibility go for a toss. I had this problem with the SX4 sometime back. But I did do a round of claying and buffing the windshield and parallely replaced the wipers with Bosch regular ones(not the frameless ones). So I am not sure if it was just the wipers or the detailing that solved the problem. But since replacing wipers is the easier job, I would suggest you to do that first instead of looking for detailing options which would be an overkill if the solution was simple.

Also do consider regularly using an additive to the windshield washer tank which will keep the glass in top shape over time.

Last edited by audioholic : 7th July 2017 at 09:59.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 10:15   #3097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today while returning home in dark it was raining and ertiga wipers could not clear the glass well. When the wiper rubs across the glass there is thin film or something on whole glass. This goes away if I stop the wiper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Indication that the wipers have lived their life. If you are running fresh set of wipers and this happens, I would advise you to first clean the windscreen properly after a thorough wash with Colin and wipe them with newspapers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Like Parag has told, its mostly the wipers going bad. Replace and check if it works. Else it could be some organic deposits/dirt on the windscreen. This doesnt show up in day time or when it is not raining, but once it starts raining and you use the wipers, it makes the visibility go for a toss. I had this problem with the SX4 sometime back. But I did do a round of claying and buffing the windshield and parallely replaced the wipers with Bosch regular ones(not the frameless ones).
I have exactly the same issue on my Ertiga too. Thinking that its a wiper issue I tried Bosch and some other brand wipers, but no change; It happens mostly in heavy rain and the film disappears in a second or so irrespective of how the blower is used. The thin water film is formed on the outside of the glass.

I believe Rajiv has a new Ertiga, so wipers should be good.

I will try cleaning the glass with Clay and see if it changes

My workaround to this is to minimize wiper usage and I use rain-x glass treatment , great results !!

Last edited by arjithin : 7th July 2017 at 10:27.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 11:55   #3098
BHPian

Got our Ertiga's windshield replaced due to a crack caused by a stone pellet when I was driving back from Coimbatore last weekend. I went to Windshield experts and replaced the windshield using insurance claim. According to the Manager, they can do cashless replacement if you have any insurance except Royal Sundaram and Shriram General Insurance with which they don't have tie-up for cashless service. Due to the tie-up with insurance companies they can inspect and approve the claim themselves and do not require a surveyor from the insurance company, so the entire process is instant. Since our car had Oriental Insurance with zero depreciation I paid Rs1200 which is for consumables and labor. Actual cost of AIS brand windshield for Ertiga is Rs 7200 available with Windshield experts. OE windshield in Ertiga is also AIS brand.

More details in this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post4230193

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wind-01.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-wind-02.jpg
Torino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 15:14   #3099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post

I believe Rajiv has a new Ertiga, so wipers should be good.

I will try cleaning the glass with Clay and see if it changes
Indeed my Ertiga's wipers are good and since I park in basement (home and office) there is no chance for hardening due to heat.
What is the clay cleaning? Is this special clay that I need to rub on glass? Surely wipers are needed no matter what treatment is given to glass and I do travel out of Bangalore post evening to my native many times in a year. Every year rainy season is my concern due to visibility issues on highways (Same story with old Estilo).
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 13:07   #3100
BHPian

Its a fair season to talk and discuss about the quality of wipers

Here are my two cents -

In my almost 5 years of owning the Ertiga I have felt the wipers are adequate. However, one needs to take care of them. After all they are soft and delicate rubber

1. When the car cleaner leaves them in the standing position after he has cleaned the car, I suggest give them a very soft landing on the glass. The harder the landing the more prone to damage. I have seen several people drop them hard on the glass.

2. If the vehicle in parked in the open particularly in the heavy rain and sun, my personal recommendation (and I could be wrong) is to have them in the standing position. So they are not bearing the running water coming through the screen.

3. In case parked under a tree I suggest clearing the leaves or dead wood or any bird dropping before operating the wipers. This ensures wipers are not labouring over uneven surface or dragging the leaf in their work across the windscreen.

4. Parag has made a great suggestion - clean the windscreen properly with colin then wipe it with newspaper. That is the smooth surface that wipers are supposed to work on.

5. When using it in heavy rain I also use the AC inside so that there is no moisture deposit on the inside and the vision is clear.

I had Opel Corsa Sail earlier and had used Bosch wipers in that. There is a noticeable difference in Bosch. Their quality is better. SO far in Ertiga I have not changed that. I am happy with the performance of the present wipers.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 11:48   #3101
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Was planning a headlight upgrade to 130/100 for my Ertiga. The mechanic informed me though that if I get it done from home the company warranty will get null and void. Is this true??? My car is currently under extended warranty from Maruti.

Regards,
Yash
Old 11th July 2017, 12:21   #3102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Was planning a headlight upgrade to 130/100 for my Ertiga. The mechanic informed me though that if I get it done from home the company warranty will get null and void. Is this true??? My car is currently under extended warranty from Maruti.

Regards,
Yash
Any modification on top of the factory fittings void warranty ( as per terms) and Maruti is known for noting modifications in their database for future references.

Your relation with the service adviser and dealership makes a lot of difference when it comes to warranty claims.

Note: Please dont upgrade to 130/100; I have seen Ertigas with blackened reflectors due to the additional head and those bulbs literally blinds oncoming traffic. You may avoid an accident with those bulbs; but you surely can cause an accident with those bulbs.
Old 11th July 2017, 12:22   #3103
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Yash
Yes, even if you get it done from a authorised service centre. The work will get recorded in the system, so they can still use it against you.
Old 11th July 2017, 12:28   #3104
Distinguished - BHPian

^ 100/130 is certainly an overkill. Logical upgrade would be 100/90 only.

I have been using this set up since more than 3 years and my night drives under headlights last more than 5 to 6 hours of continuous driving apart from few overnight drives as well.

With this set up, I am always on low beams and use high beams only when flashing or making certain judgements.

No case of blackened reflectors whatsoever till now. I think sensible usage is what matters here.

It's usually the cabbies who would go with 100/130 and then drive on high beam even inside city limits and have their vehicles suffer from a blackened reflector.

On Warranty, as others have mentioned, the ASC will enter a remark in their system as soon as they notice this during your next visit. Even for a pair of Wind Tone horns that I had installed, they didn't spare to mention "horn fitted outside" In the remarks section
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 12:46   #3105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
^ 100/130 is certainly an overkill. Logical upgrade would be 100/90 only.

I have been using this set up since more than 3 years and my night drives under headlights last more than 5 to 6 hours of continuous driving apart from few overnight drives as well.

With this set up, I am always on low beams and use high beams only when flashing or making certain judgements.

No case of blackened reflectors whatsoever till now. I think sensible usage is what matters here.

It's usually the cabbies who would go with 100/130 and then drive on high beam even inside city limits and have their vehicles suffer from a blackened reflector.

On Warranty, as others have mentioned, the ASC will enter a remark in their system as soon as they notice this during your next visit. Even for a pair of Wind Tone horns that I had installed, they didn't spare to mention "horn fitted outside" In the remarks section
So just to confirm, 100/90 will be sufficient on two laned highways as well correct??

Also, is there a possibility of getting it done from the ASC itself???

Most Viewed