Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2017, 13:14   #3106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yash98 View Post
So just to confirm, 100/90 will be sufficient on two laned highways as well correct??

Also, is there a possibility of getting it done from the ASC itself???
100/90 : Easily sufficient and what I said comes from my own experiences of driving at nights in both 2 and 4 lane highways.

To answer your second question, the ASC may not do it. The task is easy and any accessory shop personnel would be able to fix this in 15 minutes flat.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 13:28   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
100/90 : Easily sufficient and what I said comes from my own experiences of driving at nights in both 2 and 4 lane highways.

To answer your second question, the ASC may not do it. The task is easy and any accessory shop personnel would be able to fix this in 15 minutes flat.
Hi Parag,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. You are an expert on Ertiga related topics and hence wanted to clarify all doubts.

I was thinking of getting it done from the ASC because otherwise my warranty for the whole car will be void correct?? I do not mind buying bulbs from them if they are reasonably priced.

Also is there any other solution to this warranty problem??? Wanted to get the upgrade done at the earliest since I am facing considerable visibility issues due to the stock headlights.
Old 11th July 2017, 13:51   #3108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Parag,

You are the expert on all Ertiga related matters and hence was just clarifying all the doubts I had.

I was thinking of going the ASC way since otherwise the extended warranty for my whole car will be void. Is this correct???

Also is there any other way to bypass this warranty problem as I wanted to get the upgrade done at the earliest since I am facing significant visibility issues due to the stock headlamps.
I dont think ASC will do it as its not endorsed by Maruti and its illegal to use 100/90w bulbs.

The only way to bypass the warranty issue is to install a reversible wiring kit and remove it before you give the car for servicing.

The Philips wiring kit is perfectly reversible and in fact I plan to install one this weekend on my car. You can do it yourself if you have few cable ties and a 30 mts to do it.

Last edited by arjithin : 11th July 2017 at 13:54. Reason: typo
Old 11th July 2017, 14:07   #3109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I dont think ASC will do it as its not endorsed by Maruti and its illegal to use 100/90w bulbs.

The only way to bypass the warranty issue is to install a reversible wiring kit and remove it before you give the car for servicing.

The Philips wiring kit is perfectly reversible and in fact I plan to install one this weekend on my car. You can do it yourself if you have few cable ties and a 30 mts to do it.
It's not just Philips but all Kits with Relay and Ceramic Holders are reversible - Minda/Hella/Roots.

All of these have the same set up.

But reversible means you basically need to remove the kit before every service. This means you disconnect the wires of the kit from the following locations:

1. Ground terminal for LHS Bulb
2. Ground terminal for RHS Bulb
3. Wire connected to the Positive Terminal of the battery
4. Primary connector coupled with OE headlight connector on left hand side.

Beyond removing this, you also need to pull the kit out which is otherwise routed neatly between the bumper grill and the condenser unit with zip ties.

This means to either remove the kit or replace it back, you will have to (everytime) loosen the bolts holding the bumper on top along with few clips.

This is certainly reversible but definitely not something you want to do every time you visit the ASC.

I have the kits installed in both my cars and never had any issues till now. And my sample is good number of kms of night driving that I regularly do.

Hence, when I installed this kit in Ertiga, I didn't bother much about warranty since I already knew that this is a very common and popular set up and if installed properly and grounded well, this would never cause any untoward incident.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 21:59   #3110
Senior - BHPian

For the last two days, I noticed a slight hesitation while cranking the engine in the morning . Checked the voltages, and they seemed fine, but while cranking the voltage dipped to 7.5V; so decided to change the battery.

So after 4.75 years and 51K later, OEM Amron battery is replaced with Amaron AAM-FL-565106590 (DIN 65) from www.carbatteryexpert.com for Rs 5125 ( after exchange of old battery, June 2017 made).
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 17:53   #3111
BHPian

Folks,

Need some expert inputs!

I got my Ertiga serviced last Jul (i.e. Jul 2016) when the ODO reached 20000 Kms.
The ODO is right now @ 26700 Kms.

I recently got a call from the service center that my car is due for service since it's been a year since the last service.

As per the owners manual, the next service is due @ 36 months or 30,000 Kms whichever is earlier. No where is it mentioned (in the manual) that the car has to be serviced within 12 months of previous service.

So, when is the next service due for my case, provided the ODO is below 30,000 Kms?
1. Jul 2017 (12 months from previous service) or
2. Nov 2017 (36 months from car purchase)

Obviously, the next question is, should I wait till November 2017 to cover more Kms before I get the car serviced or get it serviced right away?

Lastly, can I expect any warranty claim rejection if I delay the service till Nov 2017? I remember reading a thread related to VW or Skoda rejecting warranty claim due to a service being delayed by more than 12 months.
Old 18th July 2017, 18:08   #3112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Folks,

So, when is the next service due for my case, provided the ODO is below 30,000 Kms?
1. Jul 2017 (12 months from previous service) or
2. Nov 2017 (36 months from car purchase)

Lastly, can I expect any warranty claim rejection if I delay the service till Nov 2017? I remember reading a thread related to VW or Skoda rejecting warranty claim due to a service being delayed by more than 12 months.
"36 months or 30,000 Kms whichever is earlier" is not to be confused with the purchase date. That calculation is assuming 10k kms are done in an year.

You changed oil etc in last July, that oil and other serviceable items have a manufacturer defined life/service span of 10k km or 1 year; and hence the date should be calculated based on your last service - 10k KM or 1 year which ever is earlier from the last service date.

So July 2017 it is.

Yes warranty is applicable if you serviced the car on time.. a few days delayed is not a big issue, but few months delayed 'can' contribute to warranty rejections (especially if the claims are on powertrain components or other items which need periodic maintenance for proper working)

Last edited by arjithin : 18th July 2017 at 18:10.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 13:56   #3113
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the Ertiga ZDI default music system comes with remote or not?
I got a delivery of my new car and changed the music system at dealer. Now the dealer has given old music system without remote. But as per the manual it comes with a remote
Old 20th July 2017, 14:26   #3114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Ertiga ZDI default music system comes with remote or not?
I got a delivery of my new car and changed the music system at dealer. Now the dealer has given old music system without remote. But as per the manual it comes with a remote
I have a ZDI ( model year 2012) and it has got a remote.
Old 20th July 2017, 15:32   #3115
Senior - BHPian

I have observed this behavior on my VXI ertiga. When I start the engine, the initial RPM goes to 1500 for about 15 seconds and eventually comes down to 750-800. But this is not true all the times. I have seen the RPMs coming down to 800 within 2-3 seconds after starting the engine. Does anybody know the reason why the initial RPM needs to raise to 1500 mark and remain there for a while and why that is not the case all the times?
Is this some kind of indication that the throttle body needs cleaning or actuator has started developing some issue? Mine is October 2016 registered ertiga and third free service is due in October only.
My 2013 Santro gave similar high RPM issue recently and after getting inspected they cleaned the throttle body and removed some carbon developed around the actuator. Of course Santro used to get raised forever until you switch off the engine.
Old 20th July 2017, 15:56   #3116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I have observed this behavior on my VXI ertiga. When I start the engine, the initial RPM goes to 1500 for about 15 seconds and eventually comes down to 750-800. But this is not true all the times. I have seen the RPMs coming down to 800 within 2-3 seconds after starting the engine. Does anybody know the reason why the initial RPM needs to raise to 1500 mark and remain there for a while and why that is not the case all the times?
Is this some kind of indication that the throttle body needs cleaning or actuator has started developing some issue? Mine is October 2016 registered ertiga and third free service is due in October only.
I have a 2015 Swift petrol and it displays exactly similar behavior. The first start in the day is mostly with 1500 rpm and it stays there for more than 25 seconds sometimes; more so in winters. A few times it has happened that the car would idle at 800 rpm since startup. This high rpm idle is not anything to worry about. My car has done close to 18000 kms., and such behavior is there since day one. However, if during the high rpm idling I start driving, then the idling is back to 800 rpm. Read somewhere quite a while ago that this is to have better oil circulation and bringing oil temperature a bit higher when the engine is started.

Enjoy your car, nothing to worry about.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 20th July 2017 at 15:57.
Old 20th July 2017, 15:56   #3117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Usually this happens when you crank your car after parking for long hours or overnight parking.

This is very normal for most of the cars, especially Petrol and the RPM is bumped up by few hundreds soon after you crank an settle down to Desired RPM once the Engine coolant temperature reaches certain mark.

With a cold engine the system compensates by running at higher RPM and hence avoid stalling too.

Quote:
If you are facing high RPM issue only on start, it is very unlikely that you are facing any issue with the throttle body or related components like the IAC valve.

A stuck IAC valve is likely to cause stuck abnormal RPM spikes even under normal driving which I sense is not the case with you?

You could try noting if this high RPM issue is faced even when you have driven for 15 minutes and you shut down the engine and restart again. Under normal circumstances, when you crank again, the RPMs will be low and steady at 850-900.

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th July 2017 at 15:59.
Old 20th July 2017, 21:03   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post

I have got this installed from the dealer itself. I think they are 100/90w. Will check and clarify this. On a side note I heard Maruti has stopped doing such electrical changes to the car, I don't know how true is this. My car is a 2014 make.

Quote:
I was thinking of getting it done from the ASC because otherwise my warranty for the whole car will be void correct?? I do not mind buying bulbs from them if they are reasonably priced.

Also is there any other solution to this warranty problem??? Wanted to get the upgrade done at the earliest since I am facing considerable visibility issues due to the stock headlights.
Yes true you will void your warranty if you do this from outside MSC, better get it checked from MSC they do this or no. As it would be difficult every time to remove and change things before servicing.
Old 25th July 2017, 12:05   #3119
BHPian

Folks , can somebody lay out the advantages and disadvantages of installing Rogerab in Ertiga. I was getting my Wheel Alignment and Balancing done , when the guys there mentioned its benefits and started going Ga-Ga over the Urethane spacers. They also mentioned that these are recommended by Bridgestone.

In my understanding Rogerab increases the height of the vehicle and they claim to improve its handling etc. My doubt is regarding the effectiveness of these things and should i go for it or just let my car remain stock. They also claim to improve the longevity of the suspension. I liked the material , however their are lingering doubts over tinkering with the original suspension.
Old 25th July 2017, 13:45   #3120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwet View Post
In my understanding Rogerab increases the height of the vehicle and they claim to improve its handling etc.
Increased height will not improve handling!

Having said that, please refrain from using this product, especially on the Ertiga. I have hardly come across cases where anyone complained about lower ground clearance in the Ertiga with full load as well.

The product I believe is only going to restrict the movement of the coil spring and thus reducing the bounce and scrapping of the underbody.

Do this if and only if you are facing GC issues with your Ertiga.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed