Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 15:58   #3211
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by akchd View Post
Also the only discount they are offering are Rs 2000 corporate discount and Rs 3000 some other discount, that is a total 5000 discount.
This was a shocker because I hoped to get some good December discounts.
Thanks
Talk to multiple showrooms and then you will get what are the current offers. In Bangalore Maruti is advertising offers upto 30K (details unknown, mostly will include exchange bonus as well) for Ertiga.

if you are not getting any good discounts, wait for Jan and pick up a 2017 made Ertiga.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 10:39   #3212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was a shocker because I hoped to get some good December discounts.
Thanks
Have a look here
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 10:49   #3213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Zero Dep insurance with Engine protection and RTI( return to invoice) 27000
3.accessories kit Rs 13500
4. 3rd and 4th year extended warranty Rs 10074
2. Insurance seems a bit high. I would advise you to drop the engine protection but retain return to invoice on the base zero dep plan. Also ask for outside quotes. Rs. 27,000 seems to be a bit on the higher side. Please call Maruti insurance directly on +91 11 4678 1000 and get details. IIRC, Ciaz, which costs a lot more than Ertiga has a similar insurance premium.

3. Accessories - The choice is yours, instead of whole kit, get only individual items if you don't want all of the kit. However, kit works out a bit cheaper than all the individual items.

4. If planning to retain the car for long, get the 5 year plan.

Also, as mentioned by arjithin, you can wait till Jan and get the 2017 make car for some discount. But the risk here is that if the stocks are limited, the cars could get sold off in Dec itself.

Last edited by blackwasp : 15th December 2017 at 10:50.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 11:06   #3214

Thanks for the suggestions and inputs. I have decided to wait until the unveiling of the new ertiga, which I expect will be in auto expo. The reports say that the new ertiga would be bigger in size, so I don't want to regret not waiting for it.
Old 21st December 2017, 22:38   #3215
BHPian

Got the Maruti Genuine Accessories Armrest installed on the Ertiga. Costs Rs. 2890/-

Mine being the Zxi + variant the key sensor is underneath the Center Console where the bracket for the armrest is to be fixed.

That created a hurdle as the key was not being detected unless the sensor was fixed in the correct position.

This was solved by using double sided tape and cable-ties to fix the sensor in position.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20171217_0848372.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20171217_0848202.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20171217_0848142.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20171217_0847492.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20171217_0847352.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20171217_0846462.jpg  

Last edited by Ramon : 21st December 2017 at 23:02.
Ramon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 16:31   #3216
BHPian

Thanks for the update. Can you also please post pictures if taken for the key sensor?
Old 22nd December 2017, 18:11   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Thanks for the update. Can you also please post pictures if taken for the key sensor?
I don't have a picture of the sensor under the Center Console.

But I have a picture of the one underneath the boot storage box (presumably for the boot lid lock).

Before seeing the sensor under the Center Console I had often wondered what the small black thing in the boot was. (I have permanently removed the storage box in the boot for more luggage space).
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img20171222wa0064.jpg  

Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 10:37   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Got the Maruti Genuine Accessories Armrest installed on the Ertiga. Costs Rs. 2890/-

Mine being the Zxi + variant the key sensor is underneath the Center Console where the bracket for the armrest is to be fixed.

That created a hurdle as the key was not being detected unless the sensor was fixed in the correct position.

This was solved by using double sided tape and cable-ties to fix the sensor in position.
I too have this installed in my Ertiga as well. Very much utilized and perfect length to rest left hand.

The only negative thing I have observed is that it is fits loosely because of which it creates squeaking noises whenever you try to rest your hand or the vehicle is travelling over rough road patches.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 28th December 2017, 11:10   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
I don't have a picture of the sensor under the Center Console.
I have also installed the arm rest (MGA) however never faced any issue with Key sensor. Mine is ZXI+ as well. Can you please provide more details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
I too have this installed in my Ertiga as well. Very much utilized and perfect length to rest left hand.

The only negative thing I have observed is that it is fits loosely because of which it creates squeaking noises whenever you try to rest your hand or the vehicle is travelling over rough road patches.

Cheers,
Amey
Agree. The arm rest is very useful and gives lot of comfort on long drives. It's position is spot on as well. The color is perfect and gets along nicely with the interior theme especially if you have light color seat covers.
Though mine is not making noise however the fitting is loose. Also it gets hit by 2nd row passengers.
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 19:47   #3220
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is news of Ertiga facelift anytime soon?

Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 08:39   #3221
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know about the roof rail carrier availability for Ertiga in Bangalore? Tried reaching their contact number given but it is always switched off.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st January 2018 at 18:24. Reason: rouf > roof.
Old 1st January 2018, 13:53   #3222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Does anybody know about the roof rail carrier availability for Ertiga in Bangalore? Tried reaching their contact number given but it is always switched off.
Mail them. They reply as they did to me once when I was interested in their product.

As far as I recollect, including shipping they had quoted me around 19K. Shipping alone was around 2500.

Also, search on this thread where a BHPian managed to get similar looking carrier in Belgaum for less than 12K.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st January 2018 at 18:24. Reason: Quoted post edited for typo.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 15:53   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is news of Ertiga facelift anytime soon?

Thanks
As per the info I had, would be launched in second quarter of 2018.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:29   #3224

Hello there, need some help with the left ORVM for my ZXi Ertiga in Bangalore. Searched the threads but couldn't find anything relevant to my question. Apologies if this has been asked and answered.

The outside cover of the left ORVM fell off long time back. The mirror assembly itself is in good condition and operates correctly. Until now, I had taped plastic to the backside as a stop-gap solution and while it looked really ugly, it worked to prevent anyone from prying into the insides. I am now looking at a more permanent solution. Since I don't have the cover, I searched for replacement covers only to be told by both the service center and accessory shops that the cover will not fix because of damage to the internal fit notches. One option is to buy the OEM replacement for around 5000 and get it painted to match the granite grey colour, but I was looking for something cheaper. Another option is to get a non-OEM replacement. I am in Bangalore currently and new to the city. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd January 2018, 13:32   #3225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMonk View Post
cover will not fix because of damage to the internal fit notches.
Why don't you post a picture of the damaged mirror assembly? It will certainly give us a lot of hints on whether it is in a condition to accept a new cover or not.

Quote:
One option is to buy the OEM replacement for around 5000 and get it painted to match the granite grey colour, but I was looking for something cheaper.
I would say you can do this.

First buy only the cover that won't cost much (less than 300 may be) and fit it on the mirror assembly. If that fits well, you can get that painted to match the color of your car. If it doesn't fit, that is when you can contemplate on buying the actual assembly.

Call up any MGP stores nearby your location in Bangalore and enquire about this part and pick one yourself:

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga-mirror-cover-lh.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-mgp-outlets-blr.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks