Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2018, 15:54   #3256
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
Hey everyone, I own an Ertiga Zdi+ with SHVS, for the past two days I am facing an issue with the Smart Hybrid system, the car doesn't turn off when it's in neutral. The SHVS logo does come up in the instrument cluster when the car is being driven (which does mean that the battery is charging). The car was driven for around 150km in this period of two days, so the battery should have got charged during this time. I have also checked the boot, hood and doors if any of them were not closed properly, but didn't find anything wrong with it. The seatbelt was also locked properly during the drive.
Rest everything is working fine, as it should be.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing something here and if possible shed some light over the issue?
that feature can be enabled and disabled by pressing the swtich, please check you have not turned it off accidentally (there are 3 switches on the right side below steering wheel, one of them does the work. i think A is written on the switch )
vvvinod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 16:04   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
that feature can be enabled and disabled by pressing the swtich, please check you have not turned it off accidentally (there are 3 switches on the right side below steering wheel, one of them does the work. i think A is written on the switch )
No, the switch is on the ON position. Also by default the switch is ON after you switch on the car.
I have given the car at ASC, they checked the wiring for the door sensor etc and said it was okay and found no issues regarding that.
They think the fault is with the neutral gear sensor.
Right now nothing is confirmed from their end.
Waiting for their confirmed update.
Old 1st July 2018, 21:46   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
No, the switch is on the ON position. Also by default the switch is ON after you switch on the car.
I have given the car at ASC, they checked the wiring for the door sensor etc and said it was okay and found no issues regarding that.
They think the fault is with the neutral gear sensor.
Right now nothing is confirmed from their end.
Waiting for their confirmed update.
Quoting my own post regarding the update on the situation.

Got the car back from ASC, it turned out the neutral gear sensor was the faulty part. Since the part was not available in inventory, they have asked to get the car back when the part arrives.
Old 3rd July 2018, 13:17   #3259
Senior - BHPian

Posting here since it happened with my Ertiga. Again seriously thinking on the build quality of Marutis.
My ertiga was parked in office parking and the same day evening I could see a big dent and scratch on right fender. Had no choice but to get it fixed. It was some two wheeler's work.
But two days back my Santro was hit by a two wheeler on again right fender but surprisingly there was simply a scratch. Now that two wheeler banged really hard but it left no dent. These are similar scenarios wherein Maruti's need a more expensive fix. This Santro thing happened in front of my eyes so could tell it was a big impact. I do not see any immediate need to get that scratch fixed.
Considering a multiple videos on you-tube, build quality is a real big issue with Maruti. Never owned third brand in India till date. So for next car really need to think on this aspect due to safety reasons .

Last edited by rajivtelang : 3rd July 2018 at 13:20.
Old 4th July 2018, 08:37   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Posting here since it happened with my Ertiga. Again seriously thinking on the build quality of Marutis.
My ertiga was parked in office parking and the same day evening I could see a big dent and scratch on right fender. Had no choice but to get it fixed. It was some two wheeler's work.
+1

The build quality of Marutis is really questionable now. Scratches and dents on a minor two wheeler touch is really not expected.

The windscreen of my Ertiga saw a chip off last weekend when a small stone hit it from the rear tyre of an auto in the front at moderate speeds.

Really frustrating and seriously have a doubt that I would get a Maruti again.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 4th July 2018, 09:13   #3261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Quote:
But two days back my Santro was hit by a two wheeler on again right fender but surprisingly there was simply a scratch.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-exterior-side-2.jpg

The circled portion is a dimple, caused by the screw of a number plate on a Santro and the arrow is pointing to a small depression caused by the same Santro when it T-Boned me 3 years before at a T-Junction where I was intending to turn right while the Santro from the perpendicular direction wanted to turn right too. The driver accidentally pressed the throttle (L- Board) , and while I was still stationary and assessing to turn right, it comes and hits my car at say less than 20 KMPH but I could feel as if it was a huge impact as if my door would have dented but when I opened the door, I could only notice a small depression first on the fender and a neat dimple along with paint chipped off on door just near the beading.

The Santro did not suffer much damage too but its bumper was broken (below the grill). Since it was a minor nudge and the fact that he was quite scared of the incident, I only advised him to be careful and keep an eye on the temperature needle when driving home as there may be damage to radiator.

That depression on fender still remains as on date and so does the small dimple which is not something I am really bothered about.

Now, coming to the build quality, I will rate the overall body panels to be quite better compared to my current WagonR from 2006. However, when it comes to thickness and quality of interior trims, the WagonR from 1st and 2nd Gen had very good quality.

The body indeed feels better whenever I am washing both these cars and scrubbing on the body panels.

But then, this in no way makes me come out with a statement that Ertiga's build quality is better as these are just perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
The windscreen of my Ertiga saw a chip off last weekend when a small stone hit it from the rear tyre of an auto in the front at moderate speeds.
Not that I want to sound like a fanboy but please explain how would you define the build quality of the windscreen just because it chipped due to a flying object?

Even a small stone, with sharp edges is good enough to cause a chip on the windscreen.

And I have a different story to tell about my experience about the windscreen in my Ertiga :

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-broken_windscreen.jpg

This happened in October 2014 on an elevated highway when the windscreen was hit by some large flying object that I somehow still recollect as a bolt or a nut from a truck from the opposite lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
No it wasn't a Sand/Construction truck I was following as the road ahead was free of any such vehicles and neither did the opposite lane have any trucks too. I suspect it could be a bolt/Nut flying off from some vehicle from the opposite direction.
As of today, after driving with the same windscreen for 120,000 kms, the crack hasn't expanded nor deteriorated. The car is at 152,000 kms today and I remember that I had replaced the windscreen for my WagonR exactly at this reading while I had driven to Rajkot only because it had started to developed a lot of swirls that affected driving in dark and rains. Thankfully, the windscreen on the Ertiga is still in very good condition with no extra TLC at all. Should I say its I was lucky to have got better quality windscreen?
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 11:17   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
please explain how would you define the build quality of the windscreen just because it chipped due to a flying object?
I don't want to sound as a critic on the vehicle as well. Its a great car overall.

There are two different things that I mentioned. The build quality i am referring to is the BIW which is very sensitive and attracts scratches and dents; eg even by slightest of hit by a side guard of a moped. The doors especially feel thin as paper.

Glass chip off is a different story.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 4th July 2018, 11:23   #3263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Glass chip off is a different story.
Thanks for clarifying because to me it was evident that you were referring to build quality with the following statements:

Quote:

Really frustrating and seriously have a doubt that I would get a Maruti again.
So may be my bad because I interpreted it so.
Old 15th July 2018, 19:30   #3264
BHPian

[QUOTE=rajivtelang; Again seriously thinking on the build quality of Marutis.

You need to lay off youtube videos for some time. I know, since i have also viewed a lot of these videos made by some buffoons who seem to struggle with both language and spirit. As far as build quality is concerned a Santro was quite tinny for it's time and if compared to an Ertiga than the Ertiga's body panels (Leaving the tail Gate) are of much better quality.

Just as an aside, let me narrate a real life mishap which happened with me in Feb 2016. An Eon tailgating me crashed with considerable speed into my Ertiga's bumper at NH8, as an Innova ahead of me suddenly applied it's brakes.
I was keeping quite a safe distance and on emergency braking the ABS kicked in and i did not crash into the Innova but the clown following me was too close to evade a crash and it happened.
Well, on getting down my bumper got scraped and some of it's paint was off but the bonnet of the Eon opened with this impact and my tail gate was spared.
So to keep things short, the build quality of Ertiga while not in the league of a Volkswagen or Ford is still Ok and is par for the course.

Last edited by Shwet : 15th July 2018 at 19:34.
Old 21st July 2018, 22:42   #3265
BHPian

Just came across this video on YouTube and I noticed that black interiors look so much better than that overdose of beige coupled with brown dashboard in regular Ertiga. I wish Maruti gives the option of interior colour in upcoming Ertiga.

PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 17:32   #3266
BHPian

My LUV got scrapped due to the idiots at the toll booth at kherki daula Gurgaon. The windshield bore the brunt of the barrier , now there is a small scratch on the windshield. It's visible from the outside but is not discernible from the inside. I spoke to MASS and they did not give any concrete reply saying that it may not increase but may increase in future as well. Now should I go for the insurance to change it or let it be as it is.Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20180722_173130.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20180722_172317.jpg

As can be seen from the second photograph it's not discernible from the inside.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th August 2018 at 14:55. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 30th July 2018, 11:38   #3267
BHPian

Got my doubts cleared from MASS. The verdict is that the windscreen has suffered a scratch and it is ok . This was something i had also thought but then one never knows with windscreens and minuscule cracks. It is like Russian Roulette , it might pop or just turn out to be a damp squib. Looking at Parag's dent, i was more confident about the real nature of the damage. If at 152000 kms the ertiga's windscreen has not got damaged any further than it's safe to assume that this vehicle does have a certain amount of durability to it.

I have seen ertiga's as taxis clocking a lot of mileage and it looks that this utility vehicle is definitely an underrated car as far as a lot of naysayers are concerned.
Old 5th August 2018, 12:27   #3268
BHPian

Autocar India does a short review on the new Ertiga.

snaseer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 13:49   #3269
BHPian

Happened to see some random guy doing crazy speeds on an Ertiga Facebook Page. What caught my eye was the instrument cluster in the video didn't have a Temperature gauge.

Instead it has two fuel gauges.

A closer look revealed that it was the CNG variant and one Gauge displays the petrol level and the other the CNG level.

The other photo is that of my Ertiga with the Temperature Gauge.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-screenshot_20180805133940966_com.facebook.katana.png  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20180805_134016.jpg  

Last edited by Ramon : 5th August 2018 at 13:53.
Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2018, 14:16   #3270
A M
BHPian

After learning that Geely has acquired a stake in Proton, I was looking at Proton's website. Was surprised to find that Suzuki Ertiga is sold as a Proton in Malaysia.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks