Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2019, 12:49   #3316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
My stock tyres lasted 65k, could have continued another 5k, grip was good but we're getting noisy!
Mine were MRF ZVTV. I am sure you will have no issues lasting 50k, beyond which you might also find them noisy.
Did you upgrade to 195/65 R15 by any chance from stock size? If yes, what is your observation with that size?

What was the brand of your updated tyre batch?
Old 11th June 2019, 13:00   #3317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Did you upgrade to 195/65 R15 by any chance from stock size? If yes, what is your observation with that size?

What was the brand of your updated tyre batch?
I went for 195/60 R15 (Yoko Earth1) GC has reduced a bit but I haven't had any scraping issues even with full load. Fuel efficiency etc is same. I think 195/65 is also a popular alternative(@Parag has this)
NOTE: I have run around 35K kms on these and the tread still looks great for another 20K kms at least.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 11th June 2019 at 13:04.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 20:33   #3318
BHPian

Recent updates:
1. Tyres: Changed the stock MRF tyres at 67000 kms to Michelin XM2+ after reading reviews & suggestions from Maruti Ertiga : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread. Driven 350 kms till now and the new tyres are silent and comfortable. I went for the stock size 185/65/R15

2. Fog lamp: One fog lamp went kaput and when I checked with MASS in Chennai they quoted Rs.600 for the MGA fog lamp. I ordered Bosch fog lamp from Amazon for Rs.254. Replaced it by myself and the new fog lamp lights up well and it seems to be original Bosch product.

Stock lamp:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_1697.jpg

Bosch lamp:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_1698.jpg
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 21:22   #3319
MaG
BHPian

90k ownership review: My 2017 Ertiga Green(CNG+Petrol)

I had bought my ertiga in 2017 August i.e. exactly 3 years back. After a lot of arguments with my wife and parents, I settled on this vehicle. And proved myself to be a value-for-money person.

Performance: Absolutely no issues with engine performance and the car as a whole. Happy with my decision. I have a fair amount of complaint on the ride quality and the cabin noise though. Nevertheless, I've made peace with it and moved on with enjoying my vehicle.
I'm an avid driver and love long drives and exploring new places.

Tyres: My stock JY Tyres are still alright for another 5k and I was happily shocked to know this after looking at JK Tyre reviews. I've always maintained the recommended tyre pressure and I hope that might be one reason for it's life.

One thing which bothers me since recent times is the ratrling sound of the 2nd row seat. I'm yet to figure out a solution to it as ratrling sound is something I can't make peace with. Any suggestions on this are welcome.

Cheers!
MaG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 11:21   #3320
BHPian

Guys, I have been searching for this limited edition grille for my 1st gen Ertiga.

MASS had no clue and said its not possible for them. Boodmo also has no such item when I last checked.

Any clue from where I could possibly get hold of one ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-marutiertigalimitededition21.jpg  

Old 18th October 2020, 12:13   #3321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiranjan View Post
Guys, I have been searching for this limited edition grille for my 1st gen Ertiga.

MASS had no clue and said its not possible for them. Boodmo also has no such item when I last checked.

Any clue from where I could possibly get hold of one ?
Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Ertiga Anniversary Edition Front Grille -

Part Number - 71740M77M10-C48
MRP - 5225/-

So I was provided wrong information earlier on the price as 6500. This one (Price) suddenly seems interesting now .
Also, boodmo has a listing too. So you may try your luck:
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-gril..._black-6778885
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 22:15   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here you go:

Also, boodmo has a listing too. So you may try your luck:
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-gril..._black-6778885

Thanks Parag ! I should have searched the old posts, my bad.
Although boodmo is not showing the exact image, I will take a chance as its you who is recommending
Old 15th November 2020, 21:38   #3323
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

I recently completed servicing my Ertiga ZDi 2014 model with 46466 kms on the odometer. Ideally, I should have serviced my vehicle at the 50K mark, but since I am planning to drive to Delhi shortly, I opted for an early service. Also, there were a few issues that I was facing with the vehicle that needed attention. The car has now been serviced and is running smoothly, however, I need some help/clarifications on some points. Hopefully fellow BHPians would be able to help me out.
  • There was a ‘krr-krr’ noise from the front wheels each time the car went over a pothole even at the lowest of speeds. I had a similar complaint a few months back when the car used to make a ‘krr-krr’ sound while braking at high speeds (above 50-60 kmph). That time, the rear brake assembly was opened, and 2-way stickers were stuck at the place where the brake drums were brushing against the casing protrusions. Also, the front brake calipers were taken out, wrapped in aluminum foil and greased. This time, the SA stated that the gap in the caliper pin has increased and the aluminum foil jugaad was not helping anymore. He suggested brass welding the pin which would fix the problem. I had read about this in many of the threads here and I agreed to it. However, for fixing this issue, the labor charges included Calliper Assembly charges (Rs. 531.00), stabilizer bar link replacement charges (Rs. 425.00) and front brake pad replacement (Rs. 331.00) charges. Now, my question is, shouldn’t there have been a single consolidated charge since all changes were carried out on a single module?
  • Secondly, I was advised by the SA to replace both the LHS and the RHS brake pads since according to him, there was very less tread left on the pads. Upon inspecting the pads, I personally felt that they still had a lot of life left in them and the replacement could have been avoided. Also, I recall reading somewhere that the pads can be used upto a thickness of 0.3 to 0.4 mm, is this correct? I am enclosing pictures of the stock brake pads below:
LHS Pad:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-lhs-pad.jpg

RHS Pad:
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-rhs-brake-pad.jpg

Please let me know whether my doubts are valid or not.

Old 19th November 2020, 08:57   #3324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agd19682 View Post
He suggested brass welding the pin which would fix the problem. I had read about this in many of the threads here and I agreed to it. However, for fixing this issue, the labor charges included Calliper Assembly charges (Rs. 531.00), stabilizer bar link replacement charges (Rs. 425.00) and front brake pad replacement (Rs. 331.00) charges. Now, my question is, shouldn’t there have been a single consolidated charge since all changes were carried out on a single module?
Ideally, if this was done as part of the periodic service, no extra labour charges should have been levied over and above the PMS charges since Brake cleaning (Front and Rear, Pads replacement etc) is part of the PMS charges itself.

Also, taking out the caliper assembly is not any laborious over simply greasing the pins for which you were additionally charged. The service center (as usual) took advantage of the job to be done and charged you miscellaneous labor. 331 for front Brake pad replacement while you were already charged 531 for caliper assy R/R is robbery. Please escalate this and get this sorted to your satisfaction.

Quote:
Also, I recall reading somewhere that the pads can be used upto a thickness of 0.3 to 0.4 mm, is this correct? I am enclosing pictures of the stock brake pads below
From the images, I can say that the pads can last a little more. Also, the lower limit for the front disc pads is 1.5mm. 0.3 to 0.4 mm is way too less.

I have personally preferred to replace the pads based on the braking performance as well as any unusual noises they make while they are at the end of the their lives. Even with substantial material left, the asbestos can become hard and result in noisy or juddery braking. So unless you had trouble with braking, you should not have gone for a replacement considering there was still enough life left with the pads.

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th November 2020 at 09:19.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 08:26   #3325
Senior - BHPian

Paragbhai, I remember you have installed the relay for 90/100 watt bulbs in your Ertiga. I too am looking for something similar. Could you please help me to buy it either in Bangalore or online? To be honest I have only heard about it and never seen one yet. Also please advise on what bulbs brand to go for.
Also if that assembly is removable, especially before going for a service to keep the warranty intact, do we need to replace the bulbs back to 55/60 watts, just in case the service person tries to run heavy wattage bulbs with default wiring?
I feel it is a high time for me to go for this assembly as night driving is becoming a real nightmare in recent rainy days. I am driving blind sometimes
Old 29th November 2020, 19:21   #3326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Paragbhai, I remember you have installed the relay for 90/100 watt bulbs in your Ertiga.
Yes I have. For me, this was the most sensible choice for upgrade given the fact that my car was running on dual filament H4 bulbs.

Quote:
I too am looking for something similar. Could you please help me to buy it either in Bangalore or online?
You can choose whichever option you want. You can order a Kit along with a pair of bulbs and install it yourself or visit an accessories store and get it done too.

The job would take less than 20 minutes and not cost you more than 1200/-.

Quote:
To be honest I have only heard about it and never seen one yet.
Till the manufacturers provided halogen bulbs (non-projectors), this remained the most popular choice. This forum too had a lot of owners mentioning about this upgrade including myself.

Quote:
Also please advise on what bulbs brand to go for.
I have always vouched for Philips and nothing else.

Quote:
Also if that assembly is removable, especially before going for a service to keep the warranty intact, do we need to replace the bulbs back to 55/60 watts, just in case the service person tries to run heavy wattage bulbs with default wiring?
The kit will have a wiring harness running from one side of the car to the other side. It also means you will be securing this harness with nylon zip ties by routing it from behind the grill where the Suzuki monogram is on the bumper. Additionally, on both sides, there will be a ring or a spade terminal grounded to a bolt on the chassis/body as part of this kit and secured with bolts. Then there will be one ring terminal secured to the positive terminal of the battery.

Why am I explaining all of this? It is because you should know how easy or difficult it is to remove this kit before every service and fit it back .

I put this kit within the first 10k Kms of my ownership and have been using this ever since. The only reason I fit this without much thoughts is because I have the same set-up on my WagonR too and I knew the installation was clean, the grounding was perfect and that the kit was of good quality and bulbs were genuine.

I would not care about the service center putting a remark after every service in the bill that I pay. In fact, even today when the car is less than 1500km away from 200,000 Kms, the service center puts remarks like "Horn-Outside fitted", "Fog Lamp-Outside Fitted" etc but I let them follow their SOPs without bothering anything.

If you are too worried about warranty claims and are apprehensive about this install, please do not attempt one. That is my honest advise. Otherwise, for a simple car like Ertiga with not so complex electrical and electronics system, it will happily embrace this additional wiring kit.

Let me know and then I shall share further details here.

I just realised that you had asked the same query 3 years before and I had replied you too:

Quote:
Are there any better 55/60 Watt headlamps for Ertiga other than stock that will give me better light in night and will not void any warranty as well? I do not wish to tamper any circuits but can definitely change the lamps that are allowed with better light output.
I am sick of the low beams of ertiga, there is virtually no light, I need to use high beams with the angle adjusted to lowest position to see something ahead

Last edited by paragsachania : 29th November 2020 at 19:28.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 13:51   #3327

Recently did a 40k service of Ertiga 2015 petrol at FNG. Used 5W30 shell oil, Purolator oil filter, 75W90 shell maruti transmission oil,TVS brake pads. Costed 4000 including parts.1100 was labour.
I have attached photo the old brake pads where one pad had worn more than other on both left and right side. I thought normally both should have even wear. Is this uneven wear abnormal ? Something I need to check?
BHPians please advise.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-img_20201222_135051.jpg  

Old 26th February 2021, 10:47   #3328
BHPian

Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

Sold my Tata Safari in 2019 as it was nearing the 10 year mark and I live in Delhi NCR. Then covid happened - now I WFH full time and I do not need a car - so didn't buy anything. My wife drives a Ciaz and we use that as a family car which works well.

My parents are in their 80s and they have a 2016 ertiga vxi with only 16k km on the odo and since they really don't use that car anymore, its been gifted to me. They bought the vxi and not the zxi since it was to be chauffeur driven. Now since I would be driving it, I need a few more creature comforts.

Although there are many tempting upgrades in the market, I don't particularly fancy having another EMI and this car suits my purpose well for running around town and the occasional full family drive/dinner. Plus with under 20k on the odo, maintained very well, its practically new - tho dated. Exteriors I don't want to tamper with, I just want to make it drive a bit better with a few creature comforts.

I have a budget of around 75k and I request you to share your ideas and recommendations on things I can do.

So far my Wishlist is the following:
1. Better Audio system
2. Reverse Camera

Thank you
akshay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 11:40   #3329
BHPian

re: Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

Since it is a 2016 car, time had come for change of tires. This is something where you can make the drive more comfortable by choosing right tires and even doing an upsize too with alloys. A good display with reverse camera, parking monitor system must be installed. Seat covers can be considered, again seeing the age of the vehicle.
These are the things coming to my mind, what I will do, if I am in your place.
commonman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 11:44   #3330
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay View Post
I have a budget of around 75k and I request you to share your ideas and recommendations on things I can do.

So far my Wishlist is the following:
1. Better Audio system
2. Reverse Camera
Your expectation is recommendation on what could be done with 75k on the Audio and Rev camera or what other items could be added along with these 2 keeping the budget cap?

If it is the later, I would suggest the Tire upgrade. Since they are 5+ years already and hardly used, they tend to get hard. My recommendation will be ICE package (HU with Android Auto / Car Play + Speakers + Damping) for 50k and 20-25k for tires

EDIT: Took a long time to submit the post and commonman covered the same content already
Mr.Boss is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed