Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 11:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
While checking out the CLA45, I came across an E63 AMG being offered at a mouth watering price and has covered 4500kms. It's the showrooms demo car from last year. They say it's just a demo car, but i'm afraid it may have been the test car or maybe used at the track too.
Go ahead with this deal. The fact that you're getting an official warranty outdoes all other problems. Just get a 3 year maintenance plan, which includes all consumables.

BTW, what deal are you getting for the car?
Old 5th April 2015, 22:48   #62
VSD
BHPian

I had pretty much decided on CLA45 AMG, but after two test drives, I feel the car doesn't have a decent enough gearbox. It doesn't downshift at your will and upshifts are also slow. Otherwise the car has great power and turbo gives you a very violent boost once it's in the power range. The car is just brilliant in many aspects but the gearbox is so not close to the rest of the cars performance. The car which does have a great overall package is double the price of this one, i.e the Porsche Cayman.

So i need to take a pick. Used R8/M3 or the CLA45 AMG. Costs are similar.
Old 6th April 2015, 00:29   #63
BHPian

An R8 as a daily drive will be bone jarring. The suspension and gc will be a pain for a daily 20-25 kms drive. The RS5 would be a much more practical option if available. If you do find a newer m3, obviously nothing beats it.
What happened to the E63? The deal sounded pretty sweet, even if used on track, 4500kms is pretty decent plus the standard amg warranty is sweet. We have a c63 in the family (not in india) and the v8 is just swweeet!
Old 6th April 2015, 11:13   #64
BHPian

A friend of mine has an RS5 and he takes it everywhere right from street chaat centres to 5 star hotel functions and long drives. After seeing and sitting with him I can vouch this is the best everyday supercar you can buy, yes you may have to be a little careful around the speed breakers but they are easily tackled.

The car just feels/sounds too good and is very comfortable at the same time. Highly recommended if you get a good piece.
xtremeshock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 12:48   #65
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
An R8 as a daily drive will be bone jarring. The suspension and gc will be a pain for a daily 20-25 kms drive. The RS5 would be a much more practical option if available. If you do find a newer m3, obviously nothing beats it.
What happened to the E63? The deal sounded pretty sweet, even if used on track, 4500kms is pretty decent plus the standard amg warranty is sweet. We have a c63 in the family (not in india) and the v8 is just swweeet!
E63 AMG is a good deal but the warranty is valid for just one more year as the warranty started the day it left the factory which was in mid 2013. R8 won't be driven daily as there are other cars at home. My workplace is just 800mtrs away where i can drive in anything. Will be driving this car at night or early morning and mostly on weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
A friend of mine has an RS5 and he takes it everywhere right from street chaat centres to 5 star hotel functions and long drives. After seeing and sitting with him I can vouch this is the best everyday supercar you can buy, yes you may have to be a little careful around the speed breakers but they are easily tackled.

The car just feels/sounds too good and is very comfortable at the same time. Highly recommended if you get a good piece.
I haven't been able to find any good RS5's in delhi yet. Most of them are in WB and i can't see them in person right now. I would go in for an RS5 if there was one available, suits me the best of any other car.
Old 6th April 2015, 13:51   #66
BHPian

Hi, seeing as you are from Faridabad, i'd imagine you go to Delhi quite often/daily. All of the three routes to Delhi currently/at least for the next 1-2 years are full of nasty potholes (got my dads S500 18s rims replaced with 17s).
Again, looking for a daily driver for atleast 60kms daily (residence in sec14/ factory in sec 24/delhi in afternoons/ back at 7 to factory in sec24) and crossing 80-100kms over the weekends - as i usually take the Gurgaon route to Delhi which is the only half decent road anywhere near us.
I was tired of the practicality(boredom) of the Camry and I sold my Camry @ 1.3L Kms last year. I then started looking at a RS5, kept the car with me over a weekend. The RS5 was pure madness. The sound alone was so addictive i had made up my mind. That very same quality and a stop for fuel (or two ) gave my wife a headache and the deal was dropped. I then started looking at 3.0 diesel sixes from the big three. The 530d made no sense due to a Mid life facelift on its way at the time and the Audi Service experiences (Q7) and lack of a big diesel in the Launch of the facelift E left me confused. I saw a couple used M3s /R8s /boxters but they all has conspicuous service records and the constant fear of something not being right coupled with a need for 4 doors almost made me go for another Camry. Almost.
During my time looking at used M3s i came across a late 2012 E350cdi avantgarde, with 22k on the odo and a service record from t&t. At 32 odd lacs the deal seemed too good to pass out on. A year (and chip tune) later, i could not have made a better decision. With 700+ nm torque and a silent motor, whos complaining? (http://www.gadtuning.co.uk/mercedes-e-class-remapping/)
Old 6th April 2015, 15:26   #67
BHPian

I think that if you can get a used R8 in good condition, there is nothing like it. You already have the Q5 for everyday use. The R8 would be perfect for those spirited drives. It is a proper sports car. If I were you, I would have gone for it.

Goodluck and happy shopping
Old 6th April 2015, 17:57   #68
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
Hi, seeing as you are from Faridabad, i'd imagine you go to Delhi quite often/daily. All of the three routes to Delhi currently/at least for the next 1-2 years are full of nasty potholes (got my dads S500 18s rims replaced with 17s).
I then started looking at a RS5, kept the car with me over a weekend. The RS5 was pure madness. The sound alone was so addictive i had made up my mind. That very same quality and a stop for fuel (or two ) gave my wife a headache and the deal was dropped. I then started looking at 3.0 diesel sixes from the big three. The 530d made no sense due to a Mid life facelift on its way at the time and the Audi Service experiences (Q7) and lack of a big diesel in the Launch of the facelift E left me confused. I saw a couple used M3s /R8s /boxters but they all has conspicuous service records and the constant fear of something not being right coupled with a need for 4 doors almost made me go for another Camry. Almost.
During my time looking at used M3s i came across a late 2012 E350cdi avantgarde, with 22k on the odo and a service record from t&t. At 32 odd lacs the deal seemed too good to pass out on. A year (and chip tune) later, i could not have made a better decision. With 700+ nm torque and a silent motor, whos complaining? (http://www.gadtuning.co.uk/mercedes-e-class-remapping/)
I do not go to Delhi everyday, infact I go to Ajmer every week. My daily routine is just going from my house to the office which is only 800mtrs away. So basically, I'm either doing 800mtrs or 800 kms. Delhi drives are handled by the Q5 or other fortuner et all.

If i were looking at the 3ltr diesels. I'd have the new M-sport 530d without any research and planning. But i want a fun car and a small car which isn't too large for two people to be using at most. Which is also why i looked at the MINI as well. If i found an RS5 (unfortunately i haven't), i'd buy it straight away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
I think that if you can get a used R8 in good condition, there is nothing like it. You already have the Q5 for everyday use. The R8 would be perfect for those spirited drives. It is a proper sports car. If I were you, I would have gone for it.

Goodluck and happy shopping
Still looking for the same. Haven't found one decent car. Some have 42k on the odo, others have suspension broken or clutch needs to be replaced which costs 5.5Lacs.

Anyways, I was speaking to audi gurgaon people for their pre owned vehicles and they said to try their sister concern porsche and they literally forced me to get a feel of the poxster/cayman if i'm considering the R8 or the lot.
They have a fully loaded test car which has sport+ pack, the PDK and all the rest stupidly overpriced porsche loadings you can imagine. Nothing justified the price, but everything is forgotten when you put the car in sport plus and boy, does it kick you in the seat. I was like, WOW, i need this car. It is on paper just 325hp but feels so much more because the suspension and the gearbox are all just brilliant. The issue is that it costs almost double compared to the CLA. I had already given the check to t&t motors for the CLA45 AMG. But, today after driving the Porsche, I've got my eyes on a used 2014 Porsche Cayman Manual, which is available with the showroom and has done 7k kms.
Awaiting final pricing and few more details, hopefully the price comes into my budget.

AND just in case someone missed it. YES Its A MANUAL

Last edited by VSD : 6th April 2015 at 17:58.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 19:20   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
I do not go to Delhi everyday, infact I go to Ajmer every week. My daily routine is just going from my house to the office which is only 800mtrs away. So basically, I'm either doing 800mtrs or 800 kms. Delhi drives are handled by the Q5 or other fortuner et all.

If i were looking at the 3ltr diesels. I'd have the new M-sport 530d without any research and planning. But i want a fun car and a small car which isn't too large for two people to be using at most. Which is also why i looked at the MINI as well. If i found an RS5 (unfortunately i haven't), i'd buy it straight away.

Still looking for the same. Haven't found one decent car. Some have 42k on the odo, others have suspension broken or clutch needs to be replaced which costs 5.5Lacs.

Anyways, I was speaking to audi gurgaon people for their pre owned vehicles and they said to try their sister concern porsche and they literally forced me to get a feel of the poxster/cayman if i'm considering the R8 or the lot.
They have a fully loaded test car which has sport+ pack, the PDK and all the rest stupidly overpriced porsche loadings you can imagine. Nothing justified the price, but everything is forgotten when you put the car in sport plus and boy, does it kick you in the seat. I was like, WOW, i need this car. It is on paper just 325hp but feels so much more because the suspension and the gearbox are all just brilliant. The issue is that it costs almost double compared to the CLA. I had already given the check to t&t motors for the CLA45 AMG. But, today after driving the Porsche, I've got my eyes on a used 2014 Porsche Cayman Manual, which is available with the showroom and has done 7k kms.
Awaiting final pricing and few more details, hopefully the price comes into my budget.

AND just in case someone missed it. YES Its A MANUAL
That's awesome !

The Cayman, from what I've read about it, is one of the best handling cars ever. But still, the R8 is a segment higher. So, don't stop looking for that until you buy the Cayman. And do keep us posted
Old 7th April 2015, 23:19   #70
VSD
BHPian

Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*

BOOM !!!
Finally, I made up my mind and got myself a pocket rocket. I think you can all guess which one it is 👍.

Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428428945.160872.jpg

Got the delivery today evening. I don't have proper pictures right now, will click and post some soon in proper day light.
VSD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 08:24   #71
BHPian

For some reason the angle is making me feel its a GLA45 :-P. I am sure that its a CLA though :-D. Wishing you many happy miles with one of the most gorgeous looking cars made by Mercedes, paired with some of the most insane oem tuners, the AMG!
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 12:16   #72
BHPian

Oh Man! This is some insane stuff.

Congratulations on your hot new CLA 45 AMG! I am hoping it's in red cause that color really stands out and makes everyone drool !!

And please upload some photos soon, exterior as well as the hot black/red interior!

Last edited by Aston Singh : 9th April 2015 at 12:24. Reason: Additional content
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 12:59   #73
VSD
BHPian

Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
For some reason the angle is making me feel its a GLA45 :-P. I am sure that its a CLA though :-D. Wishing you many happy miles with one of the most gorgeous looking cars made by Mercedes, paired with some of the most insane oem tuners, the AMG!

Thanks karan, it is the CLA45. If GLA was available, I would've got it for sure. At least some sort of ground clearance issues would be sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Oh Man! This is some insane stuff.

Congratulations on your hot new CLA 45 AMG! I am hoping it's in red cause that color really stands out and makes everyone drool !!

And please upload some photos soon, exterior as well as the hot black/red interior!

It is mountain grey colour and was the only one available in the country as of now. I have a few shots of the exterior right now. Will be travelling to ajmer tomorrow, will click some shits on my way.

Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428564449.763175.jpg
Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428564467.688242.jpg
Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428564495.878488.jpg
Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!*-imageuploadedbyteambhp1428564537.098925.jpg
VSD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 13:08   #74
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely beautiful. My favourite colour on the CLA. I see a CLA45 every now and then in the same colour, and WOW!.

You'll just need to be a bit careful with that low clearance, and hopefully you will be filling in only speed 97?
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 13:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

That is such a gorgeous car! Congratulations!

Please take it for a proper photo-shoot (preferably by a profession) as it deserves it!!

Drive safe!
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks